PDA

View Full Version : The god of the gaps argument is void.

Andrei the 2nd
11-14-2014, 11:46 PM
The God of the gaps argument is void.

Individuals need to stop using the argument that just because it's there, we need to blame it on a deity. It's just a mere assumption and it will not prove anything. Like they argue that because there lacks an explanation and has many gaps on how something came into existence, they blame it on a deity and assure to people that - divine intervention is responsible for creating what ever's existence.
That's fallacious reasoning and debaters need to refrain from using that argument. Why? Let's see why...

A lot of debaters try to convince the person to be open-minded on the existence of a divine intervention, or assert people that since it lacks an explanation and has many gaps, therefore it is God who was responsible.

Let's try using the gaps argument against them; instead this time, substitute God with a giant flamboyantly gay lizard. Why does it have to be God or whatever deity they're arguing for? It could just be a gay lizard that created everything, since there's there lacks evidence for and against it. We still do not know how the universe came in existence and we have theories, but why does it have to be their god?
Sounds redundant doesn't it? Well, that's how I feel the same when people argue for a divine existence, like the Abrahamic god Yahweh for an example, created us.

"The human body system is one of the most complex things out there and I do not understand where it came from and how it was created, (although science argues that it was the result of evolution for a very long time and was created by the environment and surroundings around us in which formed and led to what us humans are today) therefore God did it."

Many things over the millennia that were once assumed to have been created by god, have been to shown the opposite by science arguing that natural explanations are responsible for their existence, not some supernatural force. The discovery of the existence of microorganisms destroyed the belief that god created illnesses in which was believed for millennias, for an example rules out the divine intervention taking responsibility for it.

Why do individuals use it so often for an existence of their god? People need to evaluate their dogmas and try apply critical thinking to the stuff they believe in, for once.

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Bump

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 02:03 AM
bump

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 02:14 AM
bump

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 02:25 AM
bump

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 02:35 AM
bum

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 02:48 AM
bump

Kale
11-15-2014, 02:49 AM
Philosophy - A generally agreed on set of rules that spell out what the abiders of those rules like.

Atvend
11-15-2014, 03:00 AM
6 bumps you attention whore?

Gustave H
11-15-2014, 03:01 AM
bump

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 03:07 AM
6 bumps you attention whore?

Please, let's not not make assumptions here. What's wrong with wanting to receive input on something that you've dedicated and took you to type for a while? That's not attention whoring.

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 03:10 AM
Philosophy - A generally agreed on set of rules that spell out what the abiders of those rules like.

To be honest, I don't want to sound like a clueless idiot, but what do you mean? I'm low of energy and I can't process right due to the lack of sleep. And how is this philosophy?

Atvend
11-15-2014, 03:33 AM
Please, let's not not make assumptions here. What's wrong with wanting to receive input on something that you've dedicated and took you to type for a while? That's not attention whoring.

People are just not interested today, you should have realized that by the third time.

But alright, here is my input:
Don't waste your time trying to reason with the religious. They lack the very important component of a healthy human being, rational thought, hence the reason why they always get caught up in logical fallacies.

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 04:26 AM
People are just not interested today, you should have realized that by the third time.

Don't waste your time trying to reason with the religious. They lack the very important component of a healthy human being, rational thought, hence the reason why they always get caught up in logical fallacies.

Sigh. It just seemed like a waste of time of putting thought into the topic. Next time, I'll just accept it and move on.

Tbh, I've met plentiful of religious people who are intellectuals. The Lawspeaker who is a Christian humanist and said many logical and agreeable stuff. But, hopefully the religious people you're referring to are the ones that are too stubborn and arrogant when it comes to reasoning with them. This post could've influenced some members here wove read this and will expand their thinking.

Andrei the 2nd
11-15-2014, 05:44 AM

And I would also like to add that I created this thread so I can interact with others more that share mutual beliefs. Well, I guess nobody really wants a discussion or some kind of input to share. Oh well, next time.