PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Festival Named as Dutch Tradition

Aragorn
11-06-2008, 08:05 AM
THE HAGUE, 04/11/08 - The Sugar Feast, which marks the end of the Islamic fasting month Ramadan, comes 14th on a league table of Dutch traditions. The list was drawn up by the Dutch Centre for Folk Culture.

The centre (Nederlands Centrum voor Volkscultuur, NCV) asked several thousand people to put forward traditions that they considered important for themselves or for the Netherlands as a whole. No shortlist of options was drawn up in advance. The results, a top 100, were announced at the opening of the Year of the Traditions by Queen Beatrix in Hilversum.

Number one in the top 100 is the feast of Sinterklaas. This Dutch precursor of Santa Claus, celebrated each year on 5 December, is followed on the list by the decoration of a Christmas Tree. In third place is Queen's Day on 30 April.

The Sugar Feast is surprisingly number fourteen on the list, apparently due to contributions from Muslims. Also, the circumcision of boys, which does not traditionally take place in the Netherlands, is number 74. Also surprising was the fact that the national anthem, the Wilhelmus, did not occur in the top 100.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/4.htm

They truelly consider this as a Dutch folk tradition:mad:

Loki
11-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Disgusting :puke:

Jimbo Gomez
11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
They recently wanted to make it a paid holiday too, not?

Luijken
11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
And what happend to the real Dutch traditions, they had to make way for this crap.
I'm getting more and more pissed about moslims and they wanting to take over The Netherlands.
You see them everywhere, they cost ALOT of money and they only make trouble.
They dont want to be Dutch they want to be a Muslim, then go back from where you came and be a happy Muslim there and leave my culture alone.

So sad :mad:

Teuton
11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
*sniff*

It's sickening.

The Dragonslayer
11-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm really sorry that this is happening there. It's such a shame. I don't blame Dutch people for being upset. Their traditions, culture, country, etc. is being taken over by Muslim invaders. This just isn't right anyway you slice it.