PDA

View Full Version : Warm hi from Florida!

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 04:34 AM
Hi there to all the pretty people of this forum.

I was just looking stuff at races of the US cuz my girlfriend is black, and we keep arguing all the time if a Cuban American like me (medium brown hair, brown eyes), is actually white in this country or also part of the minorities.
Stuff around looks interesting, so I wanna pass some time around see what's up and fun.

Catch you around.

Mortimer
11-17-2014, 04:37 AM
welcome.

Sikeliot
11-17-2014, 04:38 AM
I'm going to assume your girlfriend considers you white, but you question it?

Welcome. :)

SardiniaAtlantis
11-17-2014, 04:38 AM
Welcome, chances are you are white. Being Cuban, or from Latin America does not automatically mean you are not white. Lots of Cubans and Latin Americans are white, while many are not. Hispanic is a culture, and not a race.

Merida
11-17-2014, 04:41 AM
Hello! Welcome :).

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm going to assume your girlfriend considers you white, but you question it?

Welcome. :)

Yeah. I mean, I don't get it. Cuba is a mixed places. Even those "white" folk, usually have some black thing going back a few generations, maybe Indian too.
I'm personally not what you imagine as "white" when you think of it.

My grandpa and grandma spoke Spanish and struggled with English. I know I'm not the poster kid of White America. Yet, since I'm a bit light skinned, she likes to tease me and call me "white boy" and stuff.

Sikeliot
11-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Yeah. I mean, I don't get it. Cuba is a mixed places. Even those "white" folk, usually have some black thing going back a few generations, maybe Indian too.
I'm personally not what you imagine as "white" when you think of it.

My grandpa and grandma spoke Spanish and struggled with English. I know I'm not the poster kid of White America. Yet, since I'm a bit light skinned, she likes to tease me and call me "white boy" and stuff.

If you can't prove African or Native ancestry and all your relatives look white, then you're white. No different than an Italian or Greek American, or a Portuguese American.

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 04:59 AM
Cuba isn't Europe. And I don't feel anyhow close to Greeks, Portuguese or whatev people from there. I actually live in a community with Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and all sorts of happy warm people.

That's what I feel like it. Cuban in the US, as part of the latinos.

Incal
11-17-2014, 05:12 AM
Welcome, chances are you are white. Being Cuban, or from Latin America does not automatically mean you are not white. Lots of Cubans and Latin Americans are white, while many are not. Hispanic is a culture, and not a race.

As a matter of fact I have confused a couple of cubans for WASPs in Miami.

Sakis
11-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Welcome

Prince Of Macrobia
11-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Welcome, have fun and enjoy your stay.

Mars06
11-17-2014, 05:23 AM
From Cuba, or just born to Cuban parents?

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 05:27 AM
Cuban American, born and bred in the US of A. Third generation immigrant. I have 1 white grandmother. Other 3 are Cuban.

Prince Of Macrobia
11-17-2014, 05:32 AM
If you are Cuban origin, then you related with Zulus and Xhosa people. Forget about one Granny was white. :thumb001:

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Haha, maybe. I told the other guy before that Cubans have often some black ancestor back in the line.
It's cool. Black people are nice. I'm dating one hot black girl right now.

Prince Of Macrobia
11-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Haha, maybe. I told the other guy before that Cubans have often some black ancestor back in the line.
It's cool. Black people are nice. I'm dating one hot black girl right now.

^^Just kidding, you can be white Cuban. :cool:

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 05:40 AM
Neh, I just identify as Hispanic. Probably of mixed origin.
I'm latino, and that's it.

zhaoyun
11-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Welcome. You sound cool. I've been to Miami, highest concentration of gorgeous women anywhere within the USA. I bet your gf's gorgeous.

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Exactly. Miami is an awesome city, the only big one where you can get by both with English and with Spanish, and there ain't no shortage of beautiful women from any imaginable origin.

zhaoyun
11-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Exactly. Miami is an awesome city, the only big one where you can get by both with English and with Spanish, and there ain't no shortage of beautiful women from any imaginable origin.

Well, it's definitely heavy in gorgeous Latina women, which I definitely like. But I see a smaller portion of women from other ethnicities (Asian, Northern Euro, etc). But it's all good. I love the Latin flavor there.

SardiniaAtlantis
11-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Neh, I just identify as Hispanic. Probably of mixed origin.
I'm latino, and that's it.
Welcome!

Porpolita
11-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Hello welcome to TA!

Mortimer
11-17-2014, 06:38 AM
So you are from Miami? Sounds awesome.

Cubarlos
11-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Nice welcoming, thank you all.
Seems like the kind of laidback chill community that makes it decent to just kickback after a day, and write random jokes and like fun stories.