PDA

View Full Version : Utilizing Human Taxonomy in The Real World

SardiniaAtlantis
11-19-2014, 03:20 AM
Whilst human taxonomy is held as nothing more than a pseudo science by many, there are certain aspects of society that would benefit if the general public had a greater knowledge of human taxonomy.

Very often when a fugitive is on the run for example, they are described by height and general race, hair color, eye color, and not much else. Imagine a world where the public was alerted to a man on the run with a dinarid nose, and pontid forehead.

Or when describing a criminal to a sketch artist, if the person could describe the criminal through taxonomic terms.

Plastic surgeons would far benefit from a public which could describe that they want a more alpine nose for example, or CM features.

Do you envision this ever happening?
How else might it help?

Mars06
11-19-2014, 08:10 AM
I agree on all counts, except for one thing - why the hell would anyone want an Alpine nose? Alpine noses are practically black noses. I cannot imagine why anyone would ever want to look anything like an Alpinid.

SardiniaAtlantis
11-19-2014, 08:15 AM
I agree on all counts, except for one thing - why the hell would anyone want an Alpine nose? Alpine noses are practically black noses. I cannot imagine why anyone would ever want to look anything like an Alpinid.

It was simply an example.... I try to give ironic examples in my writing from time to time, for comedic effect of course.

oh-nahhh
11-19-2014, 07:05 PM
It was simply an example.... I try to give ironic examples in my writing from time to time, for comedic effect of course.
Why are you such a goy?

SardiniaAtlantis
11-21-2014, 01:36 PM
bump

fcm44
11-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Why wouldn't someone want to look alpinid? Are they considered as a subrace or anything?

zhaoyun
11-23-2014, 02:55 PM
If anything my familiarity with phenotypes helps me identify ethnicities and cultures others don't care to, and it helps me connect with people and form a bond immediately. So it is useful to pay attention to such things. Of course, like all else, just don't be a creep about it.

Catkin
11-23-2014, 03:01 PM
I think it would be great if more people knew about it. That way I wouldn't look such a nutter when I have to explain to someone I was looking at them weirdly because I was trying to work out the shape of their head.

Unome
11-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Anthropology/Physiology/Taxonomy should become a hard-science.