PDA

View Full Version : What would you disown your children for?

Pages : [1] 2

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:15 PM
By 'disown' I mean cut ties from family. Deny all inheritance, deny all visitation with, pretend you never had that child when asked by others. In other words forcefully sever human connection.

I firmly believe children have a duty to their parents and their family and it's up to the parents to clearly communicate these expectations to the children and the exact punishments.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Murder or rape.

You won't disown our children my love, be a good daddy!

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Murder or rape.

You won't disown our children my love, be a good daddy!

Come on, there are more things our children can do that deserve to be disowned :D Let's not raise brats here who think they can do whatever they want!

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Making an account on The Apricity.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Come on, there are more things our children can do that deserve to be disowned :D Let's not raise brats here who think they can do whatever they want!

Well, I'd love to have assassin children, I always got happy at the idea of my daughter murdering millionaires and taking their money... Do you agree?

But I could never leave my children behind, they'd mean the most to me and I'd be ready to die for their sins.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 09:23 PM
-gay son
-whore daughter
-interacial marriage, I will even disown them if they marry a non albo even if the person is white.
- if they are degenerates( partying, drinking and fucking every time)
-criminals(depends)
-drug user(crack, heroin, coke etc etc)

Stefan_Dusan
Well, I'd love to have assassin children, I always got happy at the idea of my daughter murdering millionaires and taking their money... Do you agree?

Why the daughter thou? xD

Female assassins are often effective because they're intimate with their prey first, like a praying mantis. Not my daughter.

But I could never leave my children behind, they'd mean the most to me and I'd be ready to die for their sins.

Children need to know boundaries otherwise they can self destruct in a way that will hurt themselves and the family. What if ur daughter finds a black man what would you do?

barbatus
-gay son

Really?

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:24 PM
-gay son
-whore daughter
-interacial marriage, I will even disown them if they marry a non albo even if the person is white.
- if they are degenerates( partying, drinking and fucking every time)
-criminals(depends)
-drug user(crack, heroin, coke etc etc)

What is standard for whore daughter? Let's say she gets bf you don't know about and you find out she had premarital sex with him. Would you disown her or just be very angry with her?

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Why the daughter thou? xD

Female assassins are often effective because they're intimate with their prey first, like a praying mantis. Not my daughter.

Children need to know boundaries otherwise they can self destruct in a way that will hurt themselves and the family. What if ur daughter finds a black man what would you do?

Our daughter, baby. Well if she's an assassin, then she'll most likely never settle down, while I want grandchildren.

No daughter of ours will date a black man, Balkanites only.

Guapo
11-19-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm too liberal to answer this question.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 09:26 PM
What is standard for whore daughter? Let's say she gets bf you don't know about and you find out she had premarital sex with him. Would you disown her or just be very angry with her?

If the guy is a nonwhite I will disown her

But I will be very angry and by that I mean she's getting her ass beat :D

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm too liberal to answer this question.

I don't believe you

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:27 PM

Well then say inter-ethnic marriage, that already denotes what you mean... As of gay son, I guess he's better off without you. I hope he won't find a black lover though.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Really?

yes, my family is very old school and traditional and having a gay son isnt good for my family name. I have nothing against you guys but its just how it is.

Guapo
11-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I don't believe you

I dont believe in disowning a child for any reason.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:30 PM
My father would disown me, but not my mother. xD

barbatus
yes, my family is very old school and traditional and having a gay son isnt good for my family name. I have nothing against you guys but its just how it is.

Don't get me wrong, I don't take it personally. I like how traditional Albanians are. Boer people are traditional too. Quite so.

Leo Iscariot
If they became some kind of mass-murderer.

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I dont believe in disowning a child for any reason.

I always got a very different vibe from you. I would have at least assumed as much as Archon, you would disown a gay son at least.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:31 PM

I think for daughters especially the communication needs to be any guy they see needs to be approved by father first, or she risks being disowned. Make her choose between you and him, and this is something you need to hammer into her since she is young. Have it be unthinkable for her to go against your wishes. The best way to do this is ingrain into her you'd be disgusted by her if she does this. No daughter wants her father to be disgusted by her.

Ivan Kramskoļ
11-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Interracial relationships

Mars06
11-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Having brown eyes. If I have a child with brown eyes, I'll throw it off a cliff.

I wouldn't disown a gay son. I'd like to have grandchildren, but if they turn out gay because of hormonal problems during birth or something, it's not their fault. They could contribute to society and the family in some other way I'm sure.

A whore daughter? Well, I wouldn't cut off all contact, but I certainly wouldn't put any money towards maintaining her lifestyle. If this happens it's probably because you failed as a parent, though, so I'd mostly just be angry at myself.

Guapo
11-19-2014, 09:33 PM
I always got a very different vibe from you. I would have at least assumed as much as Archon, you would disown a gay son at least.

No I wouldnt but i wouldnt want them to mix with Spanish, Latinos, blacks etc but they will be taught at young age to stay away from them anyway. I wouldnt disown them but it will never happen thanks to my teachings.

Aviator
11-19-2014, 09:34 PM
-Homosexuality
-whore daughter
-interracial relationships
-if they are degenerates
-criminals
-drug user

I edited it to better suit me, but pretty much the same list as Archon's.

oh-nahhh
11-19-2014, 09:34 PM
delete...

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:35 PM
It goes almost without saying that I would never allow my (hypothetical) child to breed with blacks.

Stefan_Dusan
A whore daughter? Well, I wouldn't cut off all contact, but I certainly wouldn't put any money towards maintaining her lifestyle. If this happens it's probably because you failed as a parent, though, so I'd mostly just be angry at myself.

Often it happens either in two scenarios, father is not around for whatever reason, parents don't properly communicate from an early stage their expectations so when she turns 16 and begins to experiment their words are ignored. These words need to be done from a very young age, best way is for the father to constantly make rather negative opinions on other women doing things he doesn't want his daughters to do in front of them.

Pjeter Pan
I think for daughters especially the communication needs to be any guy they see needs to be approved by father first, or she risks being disowned. Make her choose between you and him, and this is something you need to hammer into her since she is young. Have it be unthinkable for her to go against your wishes. The best way to do this is ingrain into her you'd be disgusted by her if she does this. No daughter wants her father to be disgusted by her.
Man I won't even let her date, maybe an Albanian just for marriage.
My female cousins wouldn't even dare date a guy because they know very well of the consequences if they do. The males in my family are crazy protection xD

Gustave H
11-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Liberal, whore/man whore, lying to me, stealing, rape, disrespecting me or their mother repeatedly, race-mixing, befriending non-Whites, drugs, alcohol, smoking, any kind of religious beliefs, and way too many other things to list. I'll probably disown at least one of my children, and I wouldn't have difficulty doing that whatsoever if they violate any of my rules for them.

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Liberal, whore/man whore, lying to me, stealing, rape, disrespecting me or their mother repeatedly, race-mixing, befriending non-Whites, drugs, alcohol, smoking, any kind of religious beliefs, and way too many other things to list. I'll probably disown at least one of my children, and I wouldn't have difficulty doing that whatsoever if they violate any of my rules for them.

Would you also disown for homosexuality? Again, I'm not taking it personally. Just curious.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
For nothing. If he or she's an addict, I'd push him or her to get treatment. If he or she's a criminal, I'd call the police and try to bring him or her to the right path. Same thing for all other issues he or she might have.

Guapo
11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Disrespect will happen, kids go through puberity. Expect it.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:39 PM
For nothing. If he or she's an addict, I'd push him or her to get treatment. If he or she's a criminal, I'd call the police and try to bring him or her to the right path. Same thing for all other issues he or she might have.

How do you expect to then set clear boundaries and keep your family healthy from a poisonous child?

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 09:40 PM
If they marry a French person or another species of animal.

Arbėrori

Hey hey, he used to date me...

Stefan_Dusan
Disrespect will happen, kids go through puberity. Expect it.

If I disrespected my father in a little bit, it meant I was going to be beaten and very badly.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
How do you expect to then set clear boundaries and keep your family healthy from a poisonous child?

Poisonous children exist because of poisonous parents. So education is the key. Throwing them out isn't education, but an easy exit.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
If I disrespected my father in a little bit, it meant I was going to be beaten and very badly.

Funny, my father never hit me... My mother did though.

She also once slapped my sister and my sister went to party to Albania. xD

Gustave H
11-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Would you also disown for homosexuality? Again, I'm not taking it personally. Just curious.

No. Disowning people because of their sexual preference is ridiculous to me.

barbatus
Hey hey, he used to date me...

What? I don't believe it.

Arbėrori
What? I don't believe it.

Neither did he until we ended sleeping together.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Poisonous children exist because of poisonous parents. So education is the key. Throwing them out isn't education, but an easy exit.

That's not true, look at Jeffrey Dahmer, do you think his parents made him into a serial killer?

But not just education is the key, but limits are the key. It's like children in a classroom. The teacher sets rules with clear consequences, the bigger the consequences the less likely the children are to break them, but if the children think the teacher won't go through with it, she loses control over them.

Mortimer
11-19-2014, 09:44 PM
I dont think i would "disown" a child for any reason.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Well then say inter-ethnic marriage, that already denotes what you mean... As of gay son, I guess he's better off without you. I hope he won't find a black lover though.
Oke inter ethnic marriage..

You understand my mentality and where I come from, its how it is.

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:45 PM
That's not true, look at Jeffrey Dahmer, do you think his parents made him into a serial killer?

But not just education is the key, but limits are the key. It's like children in a classroom. The teacher sets rules with clear consequences, the bigger the consequences the less likely the children are to break them, but if the children think the teacher won't go through with it, she loses control over them.

Interestingly enough, Dahmer's parents stayed with him until the end. His father visited in prison and everything

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Neither did he until we ended sleeping together.

Okay, now I REALLY don't believe it. Aha

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Interestingly enough, Dahmer's parents stayed with him until the end. His father visited in prison and everything

Which is exactly my point, his parents were sweet and loving, but they knew not how to raise a child. You sometimes need to beat a child, and kill a child. Everything that is created, it is not a sin to uncreate it.

Instead they allowed a beast that was born by chance to wreck destruction on everything else.

Arbėrori
Oke inter ethnic marriage..

You understand my mentality and where I come from, its how it is.

Well, Shkodrans are rather conservative I admit... My two aunts are very conservative, but liberal at the same time as long as Albanians are involved. They both have daughters and they wouldn't let them date (mind you, they even want to sent them to Catholic school). I dated a guy from Shkoder, he was kind of old school despite being homosexual... He didn't let me go out too. xD

He was very annoyed if I spoke to other guys just casually oh and partying? I wish!

Arbėrori
Okay, now I REALLY don't believe it. Aha

Everybody knows it though, lol.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Well, Shkodrans are rather conservative I admit... My two aunts are very conservative, but liberal at the same time as long as Albanians are involved. They both have daughters and they wouldn't let them date (mind you, they even want to sent them to Catholic school). I dated a guy from Shkoder, he was kind of old school despite being homosexual... He didn't let me go out too. xD

He was very annoyed if I spoke to other guys just casually oh and partying? I wish!
Man my parents won't even let me marry non catholics xD

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 09:49 PM

So disowning them is the solution? By disowning them, you fix all the problems?
Jeffrey Dahmer is an extreme case, he had psychological problems. If the parents were more communicative with him, maybe he wouldn't become a monster by getting the help he needed. Obviously there will always be cases where the parents cannot do anything, but these are a minority.

Mars06
11-19-2014, 09:50 PM

[...]

No. Disowning people because of their sexual preference is ridiculous to me.

Gonna be honest and say that reading these posts together is responsible for my keyboard being covered in tea. :laugh:

But seriously - I think you should consider just why you would disown a child and cut off all contact. You're not just cutting them off, but all of their offspring. For a child who has children with an unsavory partner, this can make sense, because their offspring will be sub-par. But if they suffer from a few personality flaws, or hold shitty views on politics, their children can still be redeemed, and cutting off all contact lessens your chance of influencing their children in the right direction.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Man my parents won't even let me marry non catholics xD

Oh you're Catholic? My aunts are also Catholic but their brothers have Muslim wives from Shkoder.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 09:52 PM
So disowning them is the solution? By disowning them, you fix all the problems?
Jeffrey Dahmer is an extreme case, he had psychological problems. If the parents were more communicative with him, maybe he wouldn't become a monster by getting the help he needed. Obviously there will always be cases where the parents cannot do anything, but these are a minority.

By threatening them with being disowned, then you establish clear limits that you hope they wouldn't cross. But let's say you had several kids, and one daughter brought to you black man, and you disown her, now your younger daughter see's this, and internalizes this and is less likely to do it. By disowning one kid, you potentially saved another.

What is wrong with disowning them is a better question?

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Oh you're Catholic? My aunts are also Catholic but their brothers have Muslim wives from Shkoder.

Yea I'm roman catholic. The weird thing is that no one and I mean NO one in my family is muslim. Not even distant relatives.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:53 PM
I used to be afraid of my father when I was younger... I couldn't imagine doing anything against his will. But now I don't really care, I'm used to coming home at 7 in the morning or just being outside all day long. I don't care anymore.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Yea I'm roman catholic. The weird thing is that no one and I mean NO one in my family is muslim. Not even distant relatives.

Well you could have Muslim ancestors, many Shkodrans reconverted after the Turks left.

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:54 PM
By threatening them with being disowned, then you establish clear limits that you hope they wouldn't cross. But let's say you had several kids, and one daughter brought to you black man, and you disown her, now your younger daughter see's this, and internalizes this and is less likely to do it. By disowning one kid, you potentially saved another.

Do you think gay people can become straight?

Guapo
11-19-2014, 09:55 PM

No

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:55 PM

Not in a million years, no thanks

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:56 PM

How would they react if you converted to Islam? Being that most Albanians are Muslim, their reaction couldn't be that harsh, right? Like, it's cultural, not a foreign religion

Pjeter Pan
Often it happens either in two scenarios, father is not around for whatever reason, parents don't properly communicate from an early stage their expectations so when she turns 16 and begins to experiment their words are ignored. These words need to be done from a very young age, best way is for the father to constantly make rather negative opinions on other women doing things he doesn't want his daughters to do in front of them.
if I had a sister, she would be married by the time shes my age xD that's how old school my dad and mom are lol.
Which i would be against it tbh

Guapo
Funny, my father never hit me... My mother did though.

Same here. My father's mentality is too western. My mother spanked me quite often xD

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Same here. My father's mentality is too western. My mother spanked me quite often xD

Kinky.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:57 PM
How would they react if you converted to Islam? Being that most Albanians are Muslim, their reaction couldn't be that harsh, right? Like, it's cultural, not a foreign religion

Well, when a Muslim Albanian marries a Catholic, he usually converts to Christianity and almost never the Christian converting to Islam.

Most Albanians in Albania for example are not Muslims proper, since they're half Christian or even have a more Christian approach on Islam.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 09:58 PM

I hated it when my mother got angry on me, it broke my heart... But she once hit me so hard in the face that I moved to Montenegro that summer. xD

I didn't speak with her for months...

Guapo
Kinky.

I deserved it. I was a troll at a very young age.

Longbowman
I deserved it. I was a troll at a very young age.

Two fetishes for the price of one.

barbatus
11-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Well, when a Muslim Albanian marries a Catholic, he usually converts to Christianity and almost never the Christian converting to Islam.

Most Albanians in Albania for example are not Muslims proper, since they're half Christian or even have a more Christian approach on Islam.

Muslim men are allowed (religiously) to marry "people of the book", so in cases where it's the man who's Muslim. Why convert at all?

Pjeter Pan
I rather die then convert, but hypothetically speaking the males in my family will go apeshit. And my dad will kick me out.

Stefan_Dusan
Both my mother and father hit me, I was never spanked though. I was simply beaten usually across the face with a hand, sometimes my father would strangle me. My mother hit me with a wooden spoon (vajchera). She even threw dishes at me, but that's another story and off topic.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Muslim men are allowed (religiously) to marry "people of the book", so in cases where it's the man who's Muslim. Why convert at all?

Christianity has a bigger meaning for Albanians than Islam. Not even actual Muslim Albanians are Muslim by the book, my family always drank and married with Christians.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 10:02 PM
I used to be afraid of my father when I was younger... I couldn't imagine doing anything against his will. But now I don't really care, I'm used to coming home at 7 in the morning or just being outside all day long. I don't care anymore.

Yea I can't do that I'll get my ass kicked xD

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:04 PM

Her bringing a black man wouldn't be a problem as long as he is educated and civilized. I'm not racist (well, not a lot). But if she had drug issues for example, I think her sister would prefer to see that her family is behind her even in the most difficult times, and not that her family rejects her when she has a problem.

To disown your child is cowardly and useless in my opinion.

Arbėrori
11-19-2014, 10:06 PM
I could never disown a child, I even wish I could adopt any disowned child... I love children so much it hurts my soul if any child is hurt, be it white, black or Asian.

Every child deserves love, I wish I could open an orphanage or help them in any way.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:07 PM
To disown your child is cowardly and useless in my opinion.

Why is it cowardly? Cowardly is not dealing with an issue and pretending to be 'fine.'

But most importantly why is it 'useless'? At the very least, you might influence another one of your kids down the line. no?

alb0zfinest
11-19-2014, 10:08 PM
If they do something illegal I will personally bring them to the police. If its something not illegal and not harming someone else, its not worth disowning them.

Germaniac
11-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Reasons to disown my children:
1) Marry, have a relationship and/or have a child interracially;
2) Convert to Islam or another religion that isn't mine;
3) Become Atheist;
4) Join any Marxist, Socialist, MultiCulti, pro-abortion, pro Gay-"rights" etc. political party, association or group;
5) Become homosexual or bisexual.

I think that covers it, if they want to stay on my good side they have to be conservative, Christian and racist.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Why is it cowardly? Cowardly is not dealing with an issue and pretending to be 'fine.'

But most importantly why is it 'useless'? At the very least, you might influence another one of your kids down the line. no?

That's exactly what disowning a child is. Not dealing with the issue and pretending to be fine.
Not really, you'll just give the other child the idea that his or her parents are not reliable.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:10 PM
If they do something illegal I will personally bring them to the police. If its something not illegal and not harming someone else, its not worth disowning them.

off topic but why associate legality with morality? Laws (legality) are another man's morals codified. I personally cannot give a damn about the law. I have my own laws, and those I hold my kids to. If they break another man's laws, I will do my best to protect them.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:11 PM
That's exactly what disowning a child is. Not dealing with the issue and pretending to be fine.
Not really, you'll just give the other child that his or her parents are not reliable.

No it's not pretending to be fine, because to disown you have to angrily confront your child in a very negative way to make it happen.

And the other kids will see their actions have consequences, so they will be less likely to do the behavior. No?

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 10:13 PM
off topic but why associate legality with morality? Laws (legality) are another man's morals codified. I personally cannot give a damn about the law. I have my own laws, and those I hold my kids to. If they break another man's laws, I will do my best to protect them.

Morality is fluid. Law should exist to maintain order and keep society running. Hang arbitrary concepts such as good and bad. You cannot expect people to abide by that. The Dark Ages have passed; we do not need a sky monster to keep us running the place. We're old enough to understand that now.

Carignan
11-19-2014, 10:14 PM
I would disown my children if they were in an interracial marriage/relationship. There is no way I would allow my blood to be diluted with non-white genetics.
Also, if their ideologies went fundamentally against my political opinions, they would not get my sympathy. Criminal and ''whorish'' behaviors would not be tolerated.
I grant a lot of importance to what people think of me and bringing shame to my family is not an option. On the subject of having a gay/lesbian child, my opinion is split.
I would not mind having a gay child, if he kept it private, not going to everybody praising how much he loves cock. Nothing degenerate, the same kind of behavior I would consider
whorish is applied to him. I would also push him to have children, either by adoption(white only) or through a surrogate mother. I want to have children who will pass my genes.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Morality is fluid. Law should exist to maintain order and keep society running. Hang arbitrary concepts such as good and bad. You cannot expect people to abide by that. The Dark Ages have passed; we do not need a sky monster to keep us running the place. We're old enough to understand that now.

I mean the laws of the USA are the laws and morality of some other people not me. I don't have any loyalty to them, and by extension my children have no loyalty to them. They have to follow my rules, if they want my support. The laws of this country mean next to nothing to me. Ofc, I don't want to see them go to jail.

alb0zfinest
11-19-2014, 10:18 PM

I did not associate legality with morality. The fact that I said if they do something illegal I will report them to the police doesn't mean that they can't do other morally wrong things that aren't illegal. For instance it would be morally wrong if one of my children called some random woman a bitch, there technically is no law against that, but its wrong nonetheless. But this is not something that I would disown my children over.

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 10:18 PM
I mean the laws of the USA are the laws and morality of some other people not me. I don't have any loyalty to them, and by extension my children have no loyalty to them. They have to follow my rules, if they want my support. The laws of this country mean next to nothing to me. Ofc, I don't want to see them go to jail.

They're not supposed to be moral, they're supposed to keep the lights on and the system running.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:20 PM
They're not supposed to be moral, they're supposed to keep the lights on and the system running.

Well there are moral laws worked in too, you can laws on sodomy and pornography, age of consent, etc are all moral laws.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:20 PM

So you should move out or try to change them. Laws are made by the citizens for the citizens (or they are supposed to). You're not a lone wolf, you have to abide by these laws, otherwise it's anarchy.

Highlands
11-19-2014, 10:21 PM
If they become world terrorists/criminals.

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Well there are moral laws worked in too, you can laws on sodomy and pornography, age of consent, etc are all moral laws.

These were thought to be necessary to appease the sky monster, except age of consent, that is because having sex with children fucks them up and makes them unproductive.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:24 PM
No it's not pretending to be fine, because to disown you have to angrily confront your child in a very negative way to make it happen.

And the other kids will see their actions have consequences, so they will be less likely to do the behavior. No?

It's pretending that the problem doesn't exist. You choose the easy path, i.e. my child has issues, but I decide to ignore him or her and the issues. Not very manly IMO.

Again, what the other kids will see is a parent unable to educate his or her children, so his or her respect for the parent will disappear.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:24 PM
These were thought to be necessary to appease the sky monster, except age of consent, that is because having sex with children fucks them up and makes them unproductive.

Whether they base it on a sky god or not. Even the foundations of US law (the Bill of Rights, Seperation of state and federal government) are really an expression of the founding father's morality, their belief in how a government should be structured. Their idea of a 'best' government.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:25 PM
It's pretending that the problem doesn't exist. You choose the easy path, i.e. my child has issues, but I decide to ignore him or her and the issues. Not very manly IMO.

Again, what the other kids will see is a parent unable to educate his or her children, so his or her respect for the parent will disappear.

I disagree. I think the kids will see the parents laid out a very strict but clear standard. The kid disobeyed it, and the parent followed through with the word.

Similar to a teacher saying you will be expelled out of school if you do this, the kid does it, and he is expelled.

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Whether they base it on a sky god or not. Even the foundations of US law (the Bill of Rights, Seperation of state and federal government) are really an expression of the founding father's morality, their belief in how a government should be structured. Their idea of a 'best' government.

Of course people try and succeed to insert moral law, but the law should be respected as a non-moral (not immoral, mind) institution aimed at maintaining society

alb0zfinest
11-19-2014, 10:26 PM

Not necessarily, they were amended quite alot. Besides the founding fathers were at worst secular, at best many atheists and agnostics.

TheBlondeSalad
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM
If you knowingly and willingly become a parent, you're agreeing to care for your child as long as you are able to, regardless of whether you end up wanting to or not.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Of course people try and succeed to insert moral law, but the law should be respected as a non-moral (not immoral, mind) institution aimed at maintaining society

Why should it be respected? Maintaining an orderly society is not necessarily in MY benefit if me being crushed/sacrificed is in the desire of creating this society.

I recognize the laws for what they are, another man's will over mine. I do with them merely to avoid being completely destroyed, if I think I can't get away with breaking them. If I can break them without getting caught/punished and it's in my interest I will.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:29 PM
If you knowingly and willingly become a parent, you're agreeing to care for your child as long as you are able to, regardless of whether you end up wanting to or not.

Who says that?

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:29 PM
I disagree. I think the kids will see the parents laid out a very strict but clear standard. The kid disobeyed it, and the parent followed through with the word.

Similar to a teacher saying you will be expelled out of school if you do this, the kid does it, and he is expelled.

He is expelled and what happens next? Did expelling the student help him or her? There are other disciplinary approaches than expelling people. The role of a parent or teacher is to bring a child or a student to maturity and intelligence. Expelling them is just quitting.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Not necessarily, they were amended quite alot. Besides the founding fathers were at worst secular, at best many atheists and agnostics.

So what? They reflect changing morality. When I was young my morality was different than its now. Secularity doesn't mean they don't have morals, equally rigid as those who believe in God.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:33 PM
He is expelled and what happens next? Did expelling the student help him or her? There are other disciplinary approaches than expelling people. The role of a parent or teacher is to bring a child or a student to maturity and intelligence. Expelling them is just quitting.

His expelling saves the other students. Very simple,

First: It means other students see there is very big consequences for their actions. They are now scared of getting expelled and behave better

Second: He is no longer a nuisance, you can focus on the other kids now and give the resources reserved for him to the healthier kids.

Literally, you get rid of shit.

alb0zfinest
11-19-2014, 10:37 PM
So what? They reflect changing morality. When I was young my morality was different than its now. Secularity doesn't mean they don't have morals, equally rigid as those who believe in God.

Well no not necessarily (although they did have superior morals in comparison with religious people. I.e they didn't hate on atheists and didn't think they were full of sin as religious people do etc etc). But in secularity at least those morals aren't made for everyone. They are made based on morals at the time, and are changed regularly to fit n with the time which is what it should be.

Anyways there is no objective morality. This however doesn't mean that because there is not objective morality, that you should not follow the rules.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Well no not necessarily (although they did have superior morals in comparison with religious people. I.e they didn't hate on atheists and didn't think they were full of sin as religious people do etc etc). But in secularity at least those morals aren't made for everyone. They are made based on morals at the time, and are changed regularly to fit n with the time which is what it should be.

Anyways there is no objective morality. This however doesn't mean that because there is not objective morality, that you should not follow the rules.

Why should you follow another man's rules?

Is the police pulling you over and fining you or imprisoning very different from another man mugging you? In both cases you are given choice of follow someone's else's rules or being hurt.

I understand that sometimes I have to follow not to be hurt, but if there is big probability I won't be hurt, I won't follow them if I disagree.

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 10:39 PM
By 'disown' I mean cut ties from family. Deny all inheritance, deny all visitation with, pretend you never had that child when asked by others. In other words forcefully sever human connection.

I firmly believe children have a duty to their parents and their family and it's up to the parents to clearly communicate these expectations to the children and the exact punishments.

Is this a real question even? I wouldn't disown my children for anything in the world. And I think that parents whom do that, are weak , selfish bastards whom care about they appearances to the world. I will protect my clutches, even if they make some mistakes ( God forbid) will make sure that nothing happens to them. Is an evil and unjust world out there , so will not let anybody get into my family.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:41 PM
His expelling saves the other students. Very simple,

First: It means other students see there is very big consequences for their actions. They are now scared of getting expelled and behave better

Second: He is no longer a nuisance, you can focus on the other kids now and give the resources reserved for him to the healthier kids.

Literally, you get rid of shit.

There are other ways than expelling someone. What about a specialized schools? What about therapies? What about harsher educational methods? Expelling them won't do any good to the expelled student. He'll just abandon hope and be socially excluded. For the whole society, this is not a positive thing.
You can threaten other pupils with different things than expelling them. Again, not giving them a proper education means they'll become social outcasts and maybe criminals.
Nobody is shit. Be more Christian, Jesus died for all our sins, there is always salvation possible for everybody :)

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Is this a real question even? I wouldn't disown my children for anything in the world. And I think that parents whom do that, are weak , selfish bastards whom care about they appearances to the world. I will protect my clutches, even if they make some mistakes ( God forbid) will make sure that nothing happens to them. Is an evil and unjust world out there , so will not let anybody get into my family.

Ok but it's real question, it's something many kids face. My father's female cousin was disowned for marrying Croatian. She now has Alzheimer's and the family won't see her on her last moments, or the child they produced.

Sometimes things have very big consequences.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Why should you follow another man's rules?

Is the police pulling you over and fining you or imprisoning very different from another man mugging you? In both cases you are given choice of follow someone's else's rules or being hurt.

I understand that sometimes I have to follow not to be hurt, but if there is big probability I won't be hurt, I won't follow them if I disagree.

The state has the monopoly on violence. This is why the police pulling you over or imprisoning you is legitimate.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:43 PM
There are other ways than expelling someone. What about a specialized schools? What about therapies? What about harsher educational methods? Expelling them won't do any good to the expelled student. He'll just abandon hope and be socially excluded. For the whole society, this is not a positive thing.
You can threaten other pupils with different things than expelling them. Again, not giving them a proper education means they'll become social outcasts and maybe criminals.
Nobody is shit. Be more Christian, Jesus died for all our sins, there is always salvation possible for everybody :)

You literally are disowning (expelling in this analogy) because you don't care what happens to him or her anymore. You don't care if they die or prosper you want them far away from you. You want your other kids (pupils in this example) to learn and get the hint that you're dead serious on certain things that will keep them in line.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:43 PM
The state has the monopoly on violence. This is why the police pulling you over or imprisoning you is legitimate.

They are not legitimate, they're stronger though. And they don't have a perfect monopoly, just damn near one.

Dombra
11-19-2014, 10:45 PM
If my child wants to marry inter racially then I will chase away or murder his/her lover

If my child is gay then 1. Arrange a marriage and say "do whatever you want in you behind every ones backs as long as you bring me a grandchild and remain a good person" or 2. Just deal with it and lay myself hopes my other children

If my child becomes a drug addict then 1. I will help him/her with force or 2. Give up but save his/her children

Disowning is not the way :D

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Ok but it's real question, it's something many kids face. My father's female cousin was disowned for marrying Croatian. She now has Alzheimer's and the family won't see her on her last moments, or the child they produced.

Sometimes things have very big consequences.

I am telling you people whom does that are evil, selfish bastards. They are too coward to stand upfront to the judgmental society and prioritize the happiness of their daughter first, than non-sense image to the society. They will be punished by their own conscience.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:49 PM
I am telling you people whom does that are evil, selfish bastards. They are too coward to stand upfront to the judgmental society and prioritize the happiness of their daughter first, than non-sense image to the society. They will be punished by their own conscience.

Why are they evil? You may disagree on disowning a child on particular reason but I'm sure there are many good times to disown a child in your world, like if they are chronic thief (even from you), they endanger or influence wrongly other family members, maybe they're a pedophile.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 10:49 PM

Man Sweden brainwashed you

Nvm I just noticed your a female..

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
You literally are disowning (expelling in this analogy) because you don't care what happens to him or her anymore. You don't care if they die or prosper you want them far away from you. You want your other kids (pupils in this example) to learn and get the hint that you're dead serious on certain things that will keep them in line.

That's the problem. You're failing your job as a parent/teacher.
There are other ways to teach pupils/your other children to behave that don't need expelling anyone.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:53 PM
That's the problem. You're failing your job as a parent/teacher.
There are other ways to teach pupils/your other children to behave that don't need expelling anyone.

You tried, but then they crossed some line, and you need to expel them. No one has infinite chances, and some mistakes are so grevious they don't have a second chance at all.

It's not a problem at all.

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Why are they evil? You may disagree on disowning a child on particular reason but I'm sure there are many good times to disown a child in your world, like if they are chronic thief (even from you), they endanger or influence wrongly other family members, maybe they're a pedophile.

You make sure that they change and help them out. There are a lot of institutions, jails, psychiatric hospitals that could take care of it. Disowning doesn't do a thing, except satisfying our thirst for family purity and making the parents look " good". It doesn't help the children in any way. I bare no respect for people who do that. They are cowards.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:54 PM
They are not legitimate, they're stronger though. And they don't have a perfect monopoly, just damn near one.

They are legitimated by democracy (or God in ancient times).
Obviously there will always be the black sheep, but this is the reason why we have a police force, to keep them in order.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:55 PM
You make sure that they change and help them out. There are a lot of institutions, jails, psychiatric hospitals that could take care of it. Disowning doesn't do a thing, except satisfying our thirst for family purity and making the parents look " good". It doesn't help the children in any way. I bare no respect for people who do that. They are cowards.

Pedofilia cannot be helped, would you ever continue to help a pedofile male child or would you at least distance him from the family as much as possible? Keep in mind, as long as he hasn't broken law you can't just shove him in a jail or a hospital. But just because he hasn't fondled a child yet doesn't mean he won't.

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Man Sweden brainwashed you

Nvm I just noticed your a female..

Well, I don't know if me being a female changes a lot, but let's face I believe that any rational civilized person things that disowning in general is a stupid as it may get.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:56 PM
They are legitimated by democracy (or God in ancient times).

They are only legitimated by FORCE. The same legitimacy a mugger uses to take your wallet. And then only maybe later will Police catch him (maybe). It's all who is stronger obeys the weaker. Nothing more than that.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 10:57 PM
You tried, but then they crossed some line, and you need to expel them. No one has infinite chances, and some mistakes are so grevious they don't have a second chance at all.

It's not a problem at all.

You didn't try hard enough. They wouldn't be crossing that line in the first place if you were a good parent.
All mistakes must be punished, but there is always another chance.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 10:59 PM
You didn't try hard enough. They wouldn't be crossing that line in the first place if you were a good parent.
All mistakes must be punished, but there is always another chance.

That's just circle logic. So if parent says to girl you cannot have bf in my house, and she has bf it's because you're bad parent? Maybe you did your best, we're human beings not God, but society is in a way it is.

You might disagree in this example with 'disowning' her, but you can see in this example the limitations of being a parent and the will of the child.

Sideritis
Pedofilia cannot be helped, would you ever continue to help a pedofile male child or would you at least distance him from the family as much as possible? Keep in mind, as long as he hasn't broken law you can't just shove him in a jail or a hospital. But just because he hasn't fondled a child yet doesn't mean he won't.

Generally mothers do know. So if I see any remote inclination toward that, I will make sure to put him in a specialized centre.

KawaiiKawaii
They are only legitimated by FORCE. The same legitimacy a mugger uses to take your wallet. And then only maybe later will Police catch him (maybe). It's all who is stronger obeys the weaker. Nothing more than that.

You vote, you elect representatives who make the laws (or in my country you can directly make these laws) and then the State is in charge of applying these laws. This is where the legitimacy comes from. You're part of a society, you're not alone. Liberty comes with responsibility.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Well, I don't know if me being a female changes a lot, but let's face I believe that any rational civilized person things that disowning in general is a stupid as it may get.

Well women generally are more loving and accepting of their kids.

What does being civilized mean? Who dictates that?

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:01 PM
You vote, you elect representatives who make the laws (or in my country you can directly make these laws) and then the State is in charge of applying these laws. This is where the legitimacy comes from. You're part of a society, you're not alone. Liberty comes with responsibility.

I don't vote but if I did it wouldn't change anything because if I vote I can be out voted. I'm sure you can beg the mugger not to kill you, doesn't mean he needs to listen.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 11:03 PM
That's just circle logic. So if parent says to girl you cannot have bf in my house, and she has bf it's because you're bad parent? Maybe you did your best, we're human beings not God, but society is in a way it is.

You might disagree in this example with 'disowning' her, but you can see in this example the limitations of being a parent and the will of the child.

Sure, your child will also receive other influences than yours, but the child is still yours, so it's your duty to educate him.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Generally mothers do know. So if I see any remote inclination toward that, I will make sure to put him in a specialized centre.

Let's say you put him away until he is 18 (if this is even possible I have no idea) he leaves at 18, now you have no control over him. What do you do?

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Sure, your child will also receive other influences than yours, but the child is still yours, so it's your duty to educate him.

And you educated him/her. He/she broke your rules, very important rules to you, such in a way it's like your child is ruined forever. Like a totaled car. What do you do? No more education will fix the mess.

StonyArabia
11-19-2014, 11:05 PM
I would not unless they can not be redeemed. alcohol, drugs, and being a criminal yea I would but for the first I try to find help. I don't care what race their friends and partners are as long they are good people. So the answer almost never. My daughter will be the apple of my eye, even if she does mistakes I will always be there for her.

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't vote but if I did it wouldn't change anything because if I vote I can be out voted. I'm sure you can beg the mugger not to kill you, doesn't mean he needs to listen.

And if somebody else votes, he can also be outvoted and you can win. This is democracy. You won't always like the laws, but you have to obey them or face the consequences.

Ars Moriendi
Crimes.

Unome
My son will never be disowned under any circumstance; however my daughter will be disowned if she even thinks of disobeying. :wink_002:

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 11:07 PM
And you educated him/her. He/she broke your rules, very important rules to you, such in a way it's like your child is ruined forever. Like a totaled car. What do you do? No more education will fix the mess.

Nobody is ruined forever, this is why education can always fix the mess. Humans are not gadgets than can be broken forever.

La Misse
11-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Balkan niggas are so funny in this thread :lol:

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Nobody is ruined forever, this is why education can always fix the mess. Humans are not gadgets than can be broken forever.

Why not? If I shoot my child in the head he/she is ruined forever. Why not morally? Isn't a pedofil ruined forever?

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:11 PM

Your future husband will be balkanigga, I will arrange you to altin (fellow tosk) on this forum. :D

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:13 PM

What's so funny?

Sideritis
Let's say you put him away until he is 18 (if this is even possible I have no idea) he leaves at 18, now you have no control over him. What do you do?

Well we are not here to give parenting lessons. I will definitely find something. A willing and strong parent could do miracles. I have witness myself were a father left his job only to take full control of a son which due to friends was borderline addict and criminal. And now his son has turned out perfectly.Is a hard working person and has a family.

KawaiiKawaii
Why not? If I shoot my child in the head he/she is ruined forever. Why not morally? Isn't a pedofil ruined forever?

Because morals are not a physical object that can be broken or killed.
A pedophile has psychiatric issues. There are no therapies known today for them (or maybe there are but I'm not aware of them). It doesn't mean he is ruined forever, it's just that we don't know how to fix him.

Pjeter Pan
Your future husband will be balkanigga, I will arrange you to altin (fellow tosk) on this forum. :D

Nah bro she needs a gheg

ChocolateFace
11-19-2014, 11:14 PM

In this situation it is usually best to marry her off right away.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Well we are not here to give parenting lessons. I will definitely find something. A willing and strong parent could do miracles. I have witness myself were a father left his job only to take full control of a son which due to friends was borderline addict and criminal. And now his son has turned out perfectly.Is a hard working person and has a family.

There is different levels ofc, a addict/petty criminal is one thing. But a pedofil is another. I would never know if he was 'cured' or not if this was even possible. Tbh, in such case I would kill my own son, not disown him if he even appeared in my sight.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Because morals are not a physical object that can be broken or killed.
A pedophile has psychiatric issues. There are no therapies known today for them (or maybe there are but I'm not aware of them). It doesn't mean he is ruined forever, it's just that we don't know how to fix him.

What about the belief in shame. Maybe his morals can be corrected but what he is done still haunts you and that cannot be undone.

Let's say he fondled a child, he was given some miracle help and is no longer a pedofile but to this parent what he is done is so horrible they can't even look at him without wanting to kill him, so they disown.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Nah bro she needs a gheg

You want her? I'll marry her to you. I think you will be a good match actually.

La Misse
11-19-2014, 11:17 PM

No, I want a Lab.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:18 PM
You want her? I'll marry her to you. I think you will be a good match actually.

Only shkodrans

Besides I already told you the kinda of wife i want :D

La Misse
What's so funny?

You and Steff :o

Sideritis
What does being civilized mean? Who dictates that?

That is a good question. But is dictated from the logic. Logically it makes no sense disowning anybody, because the consequence will be meaningless, and also you will take of the responsibility to provide shelter and security to your child( if minor). Otherwise he/she will still remain you blood, and still have or had your surname and come from the branch of your family.

ChocolateFace
11-19-2014, 11:19 PM

Parents lay down the foundation for children and raise them. It's kids who therefore should abide to certain rules and not parents. It's the kids being selfish not the parents. They can't follow simple rules even though their parents raised them?

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:19 PM
No, I want a Lab.

Isn't Kastriot half Lab? But I arranged him to Cally :ohwell:

La Misse
11-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Isn't Kastriot half Lab? But I arranged him to Cally :ohwell:

Fully Lab. -.-

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:22 PM
You and Steff :o

Thank you :p

Shkodran are well know for humour

La Misse
11-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Thank you :p

Shkodran are well know for humour
Ur welcome,
And Fieraks for Irony :o

Gaston
Children don't owe their parents anything and vice-versa.

But when it comes to cutting ties, I would do it if my child is a murderer, a rapist, a pedophile, a zoophile, a necrophile and one who makes acts of animal cruelty. Or if he/she becomes a weirdo on The Apricity.

Stefan_Dusan
I am on lookout for full Lab La Misse, any other requirements :D

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Fully Lab. -.-

Kastro said they were pretty much ghegs

KawaiiKawaii
What about the belief in shame. Maybe his morals can be corrected but what he is done still haunts you and that cannot be undone.

Let's say he fondled a child, he was given some miracle help and is no longer a pedofile but to this parent what he is done is so horrible they can't even look at him without wanting to kill him, so they disown.

You have to face him or her. His or her acts will still haunt you probably, but he or she is still part of your family. He or she will go to jail for his or her mistakes and will be shamed and hated by the society and his or her family, but time will pass and he or she can try to "buy" his or her innocence again.

(Sorry for all the he or she and him or her, I'm trying to be politically correct :D )

Sideritis
Parents lay down the foundation for children and raise them. It's kids who therefore should abide to certain rules and not parents. It's the kids being selfish not the parents. They can't follow simple rules even though their parents raised them?

Right. But parents have more experience and are wiser than their children. Children could be selfish, because they are young, but you cannot disown them because they " break the rules". Because if you do that you are doing it only for your own goodness.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:27 PM
You have to face him. His or her acts will still haunt you probably, but he is still part of your family. He will go to jail for his mistakes and will be shamed and hated by the society and his or her family, but time will pass and he can try to "buy" his innocence again.

Why do I have to face him? What reason? He can try to "buy" his way back in but why should I allow him? And why is he still part of the family if I disowned him?

La Misse
11-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Kastro said they were pretty much ghegs

That was a joke, Labs are not my type.

@steff

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:31 PM

@steff

Ok search was called off, I had very handsome Lab ready tho :(

KawaiiKawaii
11-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Why do I have to face him? What reason? He can try to "buy" his way back in but why should I allow him? And why is he still part of the family if I disowned him?

Because you're his parent. If you don't face him or her, it means you quit your job as a parent. Again, it's useless and cowardly to quit. And everybody has a chance to buy his way back, even the worst criminals.

ChocolateFace
11-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Right. But parents have more experience and are wiser than their children. Children could be selfish, because they are young, but you cannot disown them because they " break the rules". Because if you do that you are doing it only for your own goodness.

Well not necessarily, the rules are there for the goodness of the family including the children's benefit.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:33 PM
That is a good question. But is dictated from the logic. Logically it makes no sense disowning anybody, because the consequence will be meaningless, and also you will take of the responsibility to provide shelter and security to your child( if minor). Otherwise he/she will still remain you blood, and still have or had your surname and come from the branch of your family.
Have you been back home yet?
You should know that to an Albanian, the family and its name is more important then anything else.(well at least ghegs)
And if your kids disgrace the families reputation and stain the family name, you disown them.

BTW I respect your views but I don't agree with them

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:35 PM

@steff

What is you type then? Gjakovar like dralos?

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Disowning them does several things, it frees up your resources for your other children and sets an example to you're other children whats need to be followed.

Also it distances you from the bad things committed by your child. A clear sign to society you don't accept it.

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 11:39 PM

You should know that to an Albanian the family and its name is more important then anything else.(well at least ghegs)
And if your kids or anyone in the family disgrace the families reputation and stain the family name, you disown them.

And that is why I am telling you is pure selfishness. But they are to coward to face the crowd. And out of my experience, even back home a father whom protect his child ( i del Zot) after the last one does something bad, is even more admired from the society, than an a...hole whom disown his baby girl, because she felt in love with a guy or so.

La Misse
11-19-2014, 11:41 PM
What is you type then? Gjakovar like dralos?
I don't know, when I find out I'll let you and Steff know..
http://25.media.tumblr.com/63e2463711472dd376a157ddff6efc27/tumblr_mlkb91DuTW1snckw0o1_500.gif

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:42 PM
And that is why I am telling you is pure selfishness. But they are to coward to face the crowd. And out of my experience, even back home a father whom protect his child ( i del Zot) after the last one does something bad, is even more admired from the society, than an a...hole whom disown his baby girl, because she felt in love with a guy or so.

It's not just shame of the crowd (which is ofc strong motivating measure whether we completely acknowledge or not) but also yours as well. if you want your daughter to marry person A and she disrespected you and marries person B whom you don't want, the anger maybe entirely you're own. There might not even be a strong opinion by rest of society on it in certain cases (it could be from family you personally hate but the rest don't care, it's not a different ethnicity).

So in that case you disown her for breaking YOUR rules. Her happiness literally is damned.

Longbowman
11-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Disowning them does several things, it frees up your resources for your other children and sets an example to you're other children whats need to be followed.

Also it distances you from the bad things committed by your child. A clear sign to society you don't accept it.

It lets your children know your love is not unconditional, if there at all, and you will likely die alone.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Its not selfish, you think disowning your kids is easy? I would probably be depressed if I had to do it. But the family honour and pride to me is what matters.

Its not heartless, I love my family more then anything in this world, but when one of them get out of line(say marrying a zezak) The elders in my family will punish them and that's how it is.

Stefan_Dusan
11-19-2014, 11:44 PM
It lets your children know your love is not unconditional, if there at all, and you will likely die alone.

No love should be unconditional except to the family. The family is not an individual but a sense of relatedness and duty to the family. I love the family name over individuals, even my own mother.

Pjeter Pan
11-19-2014, 11:46 PM

Nah bro balkanites have huge families :D i think all of us here have like 20 first cousins xD

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Its not selfish, you think disowning your kids is easy? I would probably be depressed if I had to do it. But the family honour and pride to me is what matters.

Its not heartless, I love my family more then anything in this world, but when one of them get out of line(say marrying a zezak) The elders in my family will punish them and that's how it is.

Well if you prioritize that honor and pride is what matters, than you are again selfish.:)And not always selfish action are made to be happy, but to sadisfy our own convictions. And also lemme tell you something, no matter how good, hard-working, honest, generous family you are people will always find something bad to gossip about. I will not allow anybodies word impede my family members God given right to be happy. Happiness and love is our aim in this life.:) Family should be like a castle to protect its own individuals from outside, is not a prison to kill its own.
And now I need to sleep. Sweet dreams to all of you!

Sideritis
11-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Nah bro balkanites have huge families :D i think all of us here have like 20 first cousins xD

Yeah true, I can confirm that too.

ChocolateFace
11-19-2014, 11:57 PM

Not everything is about the crowd. It is about themselves. Strong parents are not pushovers. They want what's best for their family not for other families. Without a firm hand the children will completely rebel and become crack addicts usually. There must be consequences in life. If a whore is willing to leave her family who supported her throughout life for some dude she deserves to have the door shut since she picked the dude. All actions have reactions it's a basic fundamental law of physics.

Dengizik
11-20-2014, 01:08 PM
If my child wants to marry inter racially then I will chase away or murder his/her lover

If my child is gay then 1. Arrange a marriage and say "do whatever you want in you behind every ones backs as long as you bring me a grandchild and remain a good person" or 2. Just deal with it and lay myself hopes my other children

If my child becomes a drug addict then 1. I will help him/her with force or 2. Give up but save his/her children

Disowning is not the way :D

Control your Krigare behaviour. xD

Linebacker
11-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Becoming nerds or video game geeks.

Seraph of the End
11-28-2014, 08:23 PM
I would never disown my children. Pretty hard to imagine the case where I would want to do that.

Stefan_Dusan
11-28-2014, 10:24 PM
I would never disown my children. Pretty hard to imagine the case where I would want to do that.

They bring home a nonSerb for starters

Seraph of the End
11-28-2014, 10:29 PM

It's hardly a reason to disown someone. I wouldn't really care tbh, as long as they are happy and the person is not black. You already know what my family and I think about that :p

Kalimtari
11-28-2014, 11:29 PM
respect for that answer

ćuti, bradonjo! :D

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 02:15 PM
It's hardly a reason to disown someone. I wouldn't really care tbh, as long as they are happy and the person is not black. You already know what my family and I think about that :p

Well ur half Serb half Croat u chose to identify Serb due to ur father and where u live but ur liberal to mixing especially with other Europeans due to the fact u owe ur life to mixing. Which is fine however the following will sound harsh but bear with me

I see u many times try to cheapen Serb identity by try to say it's something one can become through his desires not his blood. It's not true. Most people consider u Serb now because ur a Serb patriot and Croat blood isn't too drastically different but as soon as u start being a Croat patriot they will stop considering u a Serb and a Croat. Whereas me, a pure Serb since the times of Stefan Dushan, if I put an Ustashe hat everyone will still consider me a Serb, a self hating Serb, but a Serb. It's you that people don't know how to view u due to the ambiguity of ur blood so they settle for ur patriotism. In Serb circles any deviation u do from our ideal will be blamed on ur Croatian side and probably the same with Croatians and ur Serb side.

So if u take a nonSerb husband no matter how much u want no matter how patriotic ur kids will be they will never be considered Serb because their blood is now below 25%. And I doubt any of u will be happy because no man is an island and we all relay on outsiders for acceptance for our happiness whether we admit or not.

Finally it's terrible to say "if my kids are happy then I'm happy" because there are many behaviors that make someone happy but are self destructing like drug abuse or robbing banks. In my opinion mixing with nonSerb is worse than murdering someone since u murder the generation of work done by ur ancestors.

And I know ur opinion in trying to change it or give u something to think about

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Finally it's terrible to say "if my kids are happy then I'm happy" because there are many behaviors that make someone happy but are self destructing like drug abuse or robbing banks. In my opinion mixing with nonSerb is worse than murdering someone since u murder the generation of work done by ur ancestors.

This is silly. If hard drugs genuinely made people happy in the long term, we wouldn't be opposed to them. Midnight Alien is obviously referring to the permanent happiness of her children, not one-off moments of euphoria followed by days of regret and pain and ill-health, or prison. Drugs and bank robbing imperil your health, sanity and freedom (and impact negatively on the happiness of others). Marrying a Slovakian doesn't.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 02:50 PM
This is silly. If hard drugs genuinely made people happy in the long term, we wouldn't be opposed to them. Midnight Alien is obviously referring to the permanent happiness of her children, not one-off moments of euphoria followed by days of regret and pain and ill-health, or prison. Drugs and bank robbing imperil your health, sanity and freedom (and impact negatively on the happiness of others). Marrying a Slovakian doesn't.

Yes it does because u betray ur family and community. Marrying a Slovakian is chasing short term happiness like doping drugs makes u temporarily happy. In the long run when the community rejects u , the kids are constantly made fun of and ostrascized then there will be no long run happiness

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Yes it does because u betray ur family and community. Marrying a Slovakian is chasing short term happiness like doping drugs makes u temporarily happy. In the long run when the community rejects u , the kids are constantly made fun of and ostrascized then there will be no long run happiness

But in Midnight Alien's case they're not betraying the family or community as Midnight Alien does not care.

Besides, I don't know Serbia, never been, but you won't be ostracised or bullied in [most of] the West for being mixed-background, or even mixed-race (but definitely not mixed-background, white is white to us). So even if I accepted your rationale, I would say you're wrong.

Anyhow I hope my children will not care what other people may or may not think of them, even if they do live in Serbia.

Unome
11-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I agree with Stefan, sometimes the will of the whole (family) precedes the will of an individual (child). It doesn't matter what a son or daughter wants, compared to the entire family. There is nothing wrong with ethnic and racial (familial) purity. Anybody who disagrees is somebody who forces himself upon and intrudes into another family.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 02:59 PM
But in Midnight Alien's case they're not betraying the family or community as Midnight Alien does not care.

Besides, I don't know Serbia, never been, but you won't be ostracised or bullied in [most of] the West for being mixed-background, or even mixed-race (but definitely not mixed-background, white is white to us). So even if I accepted your rationale, I would say you're wrong.

Anyhow I hope my children will not care what other people may or may not think of them, even if they do live in Serbia.

People always claim they don't care until it's too late. A heroin junkee will claim it's not a problem/he doesn't care too. But the community cares. I happen to hear all the time how people gossip and condescend about mixes. It's a very strong force

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:01 PM
I agree with Stefan, sometimes the will of the whole (family) precedes the will of an individual (child). It doesn't matter what a son or daughter wants, compared to the entire family. There is nothing wrong with ethnic and racial (familial) purity. Anybody who disagrees is somebody who forces himself upon and intrudes into another family.

OK so first let's say I agreed with you. Midnight Alien and the rest of the posters who say they wouldn't disown the child clearly don't care. So you are forcing your beliefs on them. If I said, 'son, you must marry another man' and my family agreed then my son would be disobeying my will by marrying a girl, but not by marring a black guy. In our cases, we don't have a family desire to force children to marry demographic x. So you are 'forcing [your]self upon and intrud[ing] into another family.'

But whilst there's nothing wrong with marrying white people, I would say there is something wrong in attaching conditions to the love you have for your children. If you can stop loving someone, you don't really love them. Simple as.

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:02 PM
People always claim they don't care until it's too late. A heroin junkee will claim it's not a problem/he doesn't care too. But the community cares. I happen to hear all the time how people gossip and condescend about mixes. It's a very strong force

Again, I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but any kids of yours who marry Slovaks are welcome to come here, where there is zero stigma in marrying non-British whites and very little in marrying non-Whites.

Either way, attitudes will change.

Seraph of the End
11-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Well ur half Serb half Croat u chose to identify Serb due to ur father and where u live but ur liberal to mixing especially with other Europeans due to the fact u owe ur life to mixing. Which is fine however the following will sound harsh but bear with me

I don't think that's harsh. I know all of that.

I see u many times try to cheapen Serb identity by try to say it's something one can become through his desires not his blood. It's not true.

xD I'm not trying to cheapen Serb identity. You think that only blood is important. Fine. I know people who are 100% Serbs and during the last war they fled and did nothing for their fellow Serbs, and people who are raised like Serbs (25% Serbs by blood, 75% Croats) and they bled and fought for Serbs and our country. So, obviously, blood is not everything. I'm not saying it's not important. Someone who has no Serbian blood can never become Serb...but your philosophy of blood purity is a bit too much for me.

Most people consider u Serb now because ur a Serb patriot and Croat blood isn't too drastically different but as soon as u start being a Croat patriot they will stop considering u a Serb and a Croat. Whereas me, a pure Serb since the times of Stefan Dushan, if I put an Ustashe hat everyone will still consider me a Serb, a self hating Serb, but a Serb. It's you that people don't know how to view u due to the ambiguity of ur blood so they settle for ur patriotism. In Serb circles any deviation u do from our ideal will be blamed on ur Croatian side and probably the same with Croatians and ur Serb side.

Yes, I know all of that. Isn't my Serbdom then stronger than yours because I have a choice and you just have to be what you are? Okay, that was a joke :P.
If I wanted to, no one would ever know I have Croatian blood. So again, how I act is more important.

So if u take a nonSerb husband no matter how much u want no matter how patriotic ur kids will be they will never be considered Serb because their blood is now below 25%. And I doubt any of u will be happy because no man is an island and we all relay on outsiders for acceptance for our happiness whether we admit or not.

Your 'problem' (I don't know if I can call it a problem) is that you think all Serbs think or have to think like you. People in real life don't care that much about blood (at least people I know). If my children know how to speak and write Serbian, if they act like Serbs, if they identify as Serbs, if they live surrounded by Serbs, they will be considered Serbs. I have no doubt. Only if they choose not to be Serbs people will stop considering them Serbs.

No, it's not terrible. I care about my family whereas you care about the image your family projects. No offense, that's just how I see it.

And I know ur opinion in trying to change it or give u something to think about

I thought about all of that. I do want to be with Serb, and I want to have kids that will be Serbs but I won't sacrifice my own happiness if I find someone who can make me and my future kids happy and he's not a Serb. You should know the best that opinions you are raised with are hard to change x'D

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Everything comes with conditions as does love. If ur kid rapes and murders another kid of yours ud probably stop loving him. This might seem as an extreme example but that's essientally what mixing is

I already answered your caring thing in previous post

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Everything comes with conditions as does love. If ur kid rapes and murders another kid of yours ud probably stop loving him. This might seem as an extreme example but that's essientally what mixing is

I already answered your caring thing in previous post

No, I wouldn't. I would support his going to prison, but I wouldn't stop loving them.

I know my parents' love for me is unconditional. I know if I killed someone, they would be incredibly upset; they could not, however, stop loving me. As you are not a parent yourself, I am disregarding most of what you say, however, as I view it as a clinical and naive approach to the subject, the approach of someone with no real experience in the matter.

de Burgh II
11-29-2014, 03:13 PM
I can strongly agree with Stefan on this matter. It comes a time when we have to actually act as a parent than a "friend" which your kid will most likely understand later on in life when they grow out of the rebellious phase. Without instilling values to your kids; your not doing your job; your simply trying to not involve yourself with your kid so you don't have to take the role of a parent. Kids need to be kept in line to an extent; or else their very action shames the family name and drags everyone down with their careless mistake. So if it came a time where you had to choose; I would disown own them as their reality check; trying to procreate with a degenerate who lacks any values nor cares for any of it. Values in essence act as a guideline to correct our actions for the better; they can kick and scream all they want, but at the end of the day when they realize you were trying to push them in the right direction albeit it may be rigid, but its a good way for your kids to have a good head for the real world.

Nowadays we just trade good family values for sleazy, self destructive promiscuity especially nowadays with the ghetto mentality that is strongly being pushed by the media which will only make kids self destruct in the end; trying to connect a continuous cycle of ignorance as a end result. I realize you will always have the individually driven one's that don't comprehend what your trying to do; since their minds isn't fully developed yet that interpret it as some kind of hindrance so they are subconsciously inclined to do whatever behavior is the opposite of what your trying to convey; nevertheless you have to say firm no matter what. The only thing I could possibly respect out of it is their self determination that will serve them well in the real world once we pass away, nevertheless I would never allow some degenerate in the household with their underdeveloped, corrupting influence, on any one; they only thing these degenerates should get is a boot out the door.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't think that's harsh. I know all of that.

xD I'm not trying to cheapen Serb identity. You think that only blood is important. Fine. I know people who are 100% Serbs and during the last war they fled and did nothing for their fellow Serbs, and people who are raised like Serbs (25% Serbs by blood, 75% Croats) and they bled and fought for Serbs and our country. So, obviously, blood is not everything. I'm not saying it's not important. Someone who has no Serbian blood can never become Serb...but your philosophy of blood purity is a bit too much for me.

Ok but where do u draw the line? U said 0% they can't what about 1%?

Yes, I know all of that. Isn't my Serbdom then stronger than yours because I have a choice and you just have to be what you are? Okay, that was a joke :P.
If I wanted to, no one would ever know I have Croatian blood. So again, how I act is more important.

No ur serbdom is a choice u can run away on a whim. Mine I can never run away from. I can rape and butcher Serbian priest and I'm still Serbian.

Your 'problem' (I don't know if I can call it a problem) is that you think all Serbs think or have to think like you. People in real life don't care that much about blood (at least people I know). If my children know how to speak and write Serbian, if they act like Serbs, if they identify as Serbs, if they live surrounded by Serbs, they will be considered Serbs. I have no doubt. Only if they choose not to be Serbs people will stop considering them Serbs.

I think u underestimate this thought process because ur not in pure Serb circles. I knew some Serb from Croatian Krajina ostracized because he listened to Croatian radio. They didn't say much to his face just stopped inviting him to events. Then I hear how some talk about mixes and it can be nastier than how I talk.

But these are negative aspects. Let's talk positive aspects. Many time in USA I've had Serbs offer me free mechanical work just because I'm a pure Serb and they are impressed by me. One mother offered me her daughter for marriage based on our conversation in grocery store (she recognized me by CCCC shirt)

Unome
11-29-2014, 03:18 PM
OK so first let's say I agreed with you. Midnight Alien and the rest of the posters who say they wouldn't disown the child clearly don't care. So you are forcing your beliefs on them. If I said, 'son, you must marry another man' and my family agreed then my son would be disobeying my will by marrying a girl, but not by marring a black guy. In our cases, we don't have a family desire to force children to marry demographic x. So you are 'forcing [your]self upon and intrud[ing] into another family.'
It's not intrusive to marry within ethnicity/race. It is intrusive for a daughter to receive a foreigner, yes. The foreigner is intruding.

But whilst there's nothing wrong with marrying white people, I would say there is something wrong in attaching conditions to the love you have for your children. If you can stop loving someone, you don't really love them. Simple as.
Love is conditional and one-way, not unconditional nor two-way.

Love is a "one-way street". It only goes outward, never inward.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 03:19 PM
No, I wouldn't. I would support his going to prison, but I wouldn't stop loving them.

I know my parents' love for me is unconditional. I know if I killed someone, they would be incredibly upset; they could not, however, stop loving me. As you are not a parent yourself, I am disregarding most of what you say, however, as I view it as a clinical and naive approach to the subject, the approach of someone with no real experience in the matter.
Well I'm actually a parent. I have a 5 year old daughter who will be 6 this dec 10

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:20 PM
It's not intrusive to marry within ethnicity/race. It is intrusive for a daughter to receive a foreigner, yes. The foreigner is intruding.

But the family doesn't consider it an intrusion. So, you hypocrites allow yourselves the luxury of intruding when someone does something that you don't agree with but doesn't affect you, but when they're percieved to do the same, it's 'intrusion' and should be stopped?

Pathetic.

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Well I'm actually a parent. I have a 5 year old daughter who will be 6 this dec 10

My bad. Congrats. For your sake I hope she marries a Serb. For her sake I hope you mellow.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 03:22 PM
But the family doesn't consider it an intrusion. So, you hypocrites allow yourselves the luxury of intruding when someone does something that you don't agree with but doesn't affect you, but when they're percieved to do the same, it's 'intrusion' and should be stopped?

Pathetic.

Actually I'm her family from her fathers side. It's extended but I'm doing what family should do

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Actually I'm her family from her fathers side. It's extended but I'm doing what family should do

No, sorry. You only get to enforce the will of the immediate family if they ask you to. Even then you have no right to directly influence full adults' decisions (though you can engage them in debate). Also if you're not a descendant of her grandparents or perhaps great grandparents you're barely family in the genetic sense.

But if it helps, view this conversation as a hypothetical, which is how I was treating it.

Seraph of the End
11-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Ok but where do u draw the line? U said 0% they can't what about 1%?

No ur serbdom is a choice u can run away on a whim. Mine I can never run away from. I can rape and butcher Serbian priest and I'm still Serbian.

I think u underestimate this thought process because ur not in pure Serb circles. I knew some Serb from Croatian Krajina ostracized because he listened to Croatian radio. They didn't say much to his face just stopped inviting him to events. Then I hear how some talk about mixes and it can be nastier than how I talk.

But these are negative aspects. Let's talk positive aspects. Many time in USA I've had Serbs offer me free mechanical work just because I'm a pure Serb and they are impressed by me. One mother offered me her daughter for marriage based on our conversation in grocery store (she recognized me by CCCC shirt)

25 %, one grandparent ... with proper upbringing. That would be my line.

I'm both in pure Serb and mixed Serb circles and I know what people think. If it's so important to other people why there are so much mixed children then? Obviously it's not the most important thing.
Your circles are foreign to me. I've never met anyone who thinks like you. And that mother...not something I would be proud of. If she offered her daughter to you just because you're a Serb then she's a horrible mother. Sorry.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 03:34 PM
No, sorry. You only get to enforce the will of the immediate family if they ask you to. Even then you have no right to directly influence full adults' decisions (though you can engage them in debate). Also if you're not a descendant of her grandparents or perhaps great grandparents you're barely family in the genetic sense.

But if it helps, view this conversation as a hypothetical, which is how I was treating it.

Wisdom is not limited to grandparents. If some distant cuz has wisdom u listen. After all a small portion of my blood runs in her veins I have some say what she does with that blood.

More to point in Serbian culture we treat family a bit differently. If ur descended from the same fathers line ur considered close family no matter how many generations it's ago. I'm closer with someone from my fathers line who I have to go back to 1300s than some cuz from my mothers who all I need to do is go back to grandparents

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Wisdom is not limited to grandparents. If some distant cuz has wisdom u listen. After all a small portion of my blood runs in her veins I have some say what she does with that blood.

More to point in Serbian culture we treat family a bit differently. If ur descended from the same fathers line ur considered close family no matter how many generations it's ago. I'm closer with someone from my fathers line who I have to go back to 1300s than some cuz from my mothers who all I need to do is go back to grandparents

Wisdom not limited to anyone, but you don't have the right to intervene, only to proffer advice, which you are doing. Ultimately she can choose to ignore it and if so all you could do is accept it or cut ties.

de Burgh II
11-29-2014, 03:39 PM

Pathetic.

Thats the thing; what you perceive as "close minded" is the source of a family's stability regardless if you agree with it or not. Why do you think all these isolated homogeneous societies fare alot better than heterogeneous ones? Its because they have been carrying their traditions for hundreds of years which retains better values than today's leftist societies. The fact is we will all have to suffer and endure something at least one dilemma in our lives; nothing is entirely perfect; you will have to find your own will power to push through until your own success is defined. If anything its the opposite of "pathetic"; its entirely commendable so I wouldn't be as critical as it expresses self entitled ignorance. It expresses sound logic in its own right; something that is being overlooked especially from more experienced posters concerning this subject than me or you.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 03:41 PM
25 %, one grandparent ... with proper upbringing. That would be my line.

That's but arbitrary isn't it?

I'm both in pure Serb and mixed Serb circles and I know what people think. If it's so important to other people why there are so much mixed children then? Obviously it's not the most important thing.
Your circles are foreign to me. I've never met anyone who thinks like you. And that mother...not something I would be proud of. If she offered her daughter to you just because you're a Serb then she's a horrible mother. Sorry.

u can't be in pure Serb circles because u aren't a pure Serb. People change what they talk about depending on whose around them. What happens is simply people don't incorporate u in those circles like they do me. Ur missing out on something beautiful due to ur impurity.

One more thing all Serbian heroes have been pure Serbs. Arkan, sindjelic, MLadic, karadzic, karadjordje, miloshevic. How come none are mixed?

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Thats the thing; what you perceive as "close minded" is the source of a family's stability regardless if you agree with it or not. Why do you think all these isolated homogeneous societies fare alot better than heterogeneous ones? Its because they have been carrying their traditions for hundreds of years which retains better values than today's leftist societies. The fact is we will all have to suffer and endure something at least one dilemma in our lives; nothing is entirely perfect; you will have to find your own will power to push through until your own success is defined. If anything its the opposite of "pathetic"; its entirely commendable so I wouldn't be as critical as it expresses self entitled ignorance. It expresses sound logic in its own right; something that is being overlooked especially from more experienced posters concerning this subject than me or you.

You can do what you want Armstrong, I'm saying keep it to yourselves. Don't impose your principles on my life. You're not my dad and even if you were I would treat you with respect but ultimately make my own decision, but at least with my dad I'd say 'thanks for caring dad, I know you're heart's in the right place and it's your place to care' whereas with all y'all I'd say 'again, I know your intentions are true, but seriously, butt out. It's not your place to say.'

As for homogenous/heterogenous societies, I strongly disagree but we went over this on the other thread.

Seraph of the End
11-29-2014, 04:00 PM
That's but arbitrary isn't it?

u can't be in pure Serb circles because u aren't a pure Serb. People change what they talk about depending on whose around them. What happens is simply people don't incorporate u in those circles like they do me. Ur missing out on something beautiful due to ur impurity.

One more thing all Serbian heroes have been pure Serbs. Arkan, sindjelic, MLadic, karadzic, karadjordje, miloshevic. How come none are mixed?

Think whatever you want about it, I don't really care.

Yeah, right. I'm saying it again. Your problem is that you think all Serbs think like you, which is utterly wrong by the way. Especially here in Bosnia. My impurity xD. Let me ask you...how did your Serbian get so rusty if your family consist of great pure Serbs? Just asking.

You really think they were heroes just because their blood was "pure"? Yeah right. Our princes are mixed. Do you not consider them Serbs?

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Think whatever you want about it, I don't really care.

Yeah, right. I'm saying it again. Your problem is that you think all Serbs think like you, which is utterly wrong by the way. Especially here in Bosnia. My impurity xD. Let me ask you...how did your Serbian get so rusty if your family consist of great pure Serbs? Just asking.

You really think they were heroes just because their blood was "pure"? Yeah right. Our princes are mixed. Do you not consider them Serbs?

No one is going to mock serbo-Croatian mix in presence of such mix unless they deliberately want to be mean. My friends circle consists of a Serb from Hercegovina (Bosnia) area and he is more extreme than me in some ways. He doesn't allow his children to have friends who aren't Serbians.

Point is u can't really name me a hero who is mixed because there are close to none. U guys are Yugoslavs not Serbs . Based on ur feeling u identify with one or the other

de Burgh II
11-29-2014, 04:12 PM
You can do what you want Armstrong, I'm saying keep it to yourselves. Don't impose your principles on my life. You're not my dad and even if you were I would treat you with respect but ultimately make my own decision, but at least with my dad I'd say 'thanks for caring dad, I know you're heart's in the right place and it's your place to care' whereas with all y'all I'd say 'again, I know your intentions are true, but seriously, butt out. It's not your place to say.'

As for homogenous/heterogenous societies, I strongly disagree but we went over this on the other thread.

I can understand the leniency as well as the defensive position your expressing, but still undermining other posters in their own right. I can be a fair person and rise above belittling since what your saying is true to intent in its own right, yet you got to understand that people are entitled to say whatever they want especially in a open discussion regardless if we agree with it or not. What your interpreting as "opposing your principles" is nothing more than another notion that you subjectively perceive as threatening your own; again you got to understand its open for them to say whatever they will; everyone expressing their own sound logic on the matter. I can see you might be interpreting this response as a personal intrusion, yet your undermining the respect of other more experienced posters for giving their own input on an open discussion; something their not trying to attack you with. You just have to take it with a grain of salt; nevertheless a person is entitled to do like you in life said and live how they want; remember that it at the same time that very ideal may be your own asset or seal a person's own self destructive end. There is no in between; its ultimately up to you to determine your own path in life and accept those very consequences as well whether we like it or not.

Seraph of the End
11-29-2014, 04:18 PM
No one is going to mock serbo-Croatian mix in presence of such mix unless they deliberately want to be mean. My friends circle consists of a Serb from Hercegovina (Bosnia) area and he is more extreme than me in some ways. He doesn't allow his children to have friends who aren't Serbians.

Point is u can't really name me a hero who is mixed because there are close to none. U guys are Yugoslavs not Serbs . Based on ur feeling u identify with one or the other

Feels like talking to a brick wall. No offense xD

Highlands
11-29-2014, 04:19 PM
You should know that to an Albanian, the family and its name is more important then anything else.(well at least ghegs)
And if your kids disgrace the families reputation and stain the family name, you disown them.

BTW I respect your views but I don't agree with them

Disowning your child is even worse though for the family name. Everyone will talk and remember it. I think of disowning as basically "running away from the problem".

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Disowning your child is even worse though for the family name. Everyone will talk and remember it. I think of disowning as basically "running away from the problem".

It distances the family from the responsibility so the kids actions aren't on the family name (as much) and more on him. If u don't disown it's like u approve

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Feels like talking to a brick wall. No offense xD

It's ok ur my fav Yugoslav still :D

StormBringer
11-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Point is u can't really name me a hero who is mixed because there are close to none.

Your name xD
Didn't most of royal family come from mixed marriages?

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 04:27 PM
I can understand the leniency as well as the defensive position your expressing, but still undermining other posters in their own right. I can be a fair person and rise above belittling since what your saying is true to intent in its own right, yet you got to understand that people are entitled to say whatever they want especially in a open discussion regardless if we agree with it or not. What your interpreting as "opposing your principles" is nothing more than another notion that you subjectively perceive as threatening your own; again you got to understand its open for them to say whatever they will; everyone expressing their own sound logic on the matter. I can see you might be interpreting this response as a personal intrusion, yet your undermining the respect of other more experienced posters for giving their own input on an open discussion; something their not trying to attack you with. You just have to take it with a grain of salt; nevertheless a person is entitled to do like you in life said and live how they want; remember that it at the same time that very ideal may be your own asset or seal a person's own self destructive end. There is no in between; its ultimately up to you to determine your own path in life and accept those very consequences as well whether we like it or not.

Of course they're entitled to say what they like; they're not entitled to do what they like; I only used that argument in relation to what people from your own camp, specifically Unome, were saying about intrusion; furthermore, whether or not I'm undermining people is not relevant as my position is simply of tolerance, I am neither promoting endogamy nor exogamy anyway. I'm not really being defensive; it's not a personal you, and I don't think you're acting like my dad, not that we've spoken extensively on the issue in recent months, it was more of a parable or analogy.

What you have done is seen me reacting in the same way to posters saying certain things and chosen to pick on me as those posters whose lines of argument are by definition intrusive and condescending are your ideological brethren. Your argument is also condescending in that you say poster x has more experience; at what, life? At living in my community? I specifically distanced myself from commenting on Serbia even though Stefan doesn't live there any more and I suspect Midnight Alien is more in tune with the goings on there.

de Burgh II
11-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Of course they're entitled to say what they like; they're not entitled to do what they like; I only used that argument in relation to what people from your own camp, specifically Unome, were saying about intrusion; furthermore, whether or not I'm undermining people is not relevant as my position is simply of tolerance, I am neither promoting endogamy nor exogamy anyway. I'm not really being defensive; it's not a personal you, and I don't think you're acting like my dad, not that we've spoken extensively on the issue in recent months, it was more of a parable or analogy.

What you have done is seen me reacting in the same way to posters saying certain things and chosen to pick on me as those posters whose lines of argument are by definition intrusive and condescending are your ideological brethren. Your argument is also condescending in that you say poster x has more experience; at what, life? At living in my community? I specifically distanced myself from commenting on Serbia even though Stefan doesn't live there any more and I suspect Midnight Alien is more in tune with the goings on there.

I would say your logic is fair in its own right; yet your undermining people who have been on this earth longer than both of us. Wisdom is essentially the culmination of one's own experiences; when one comes grows up to a considerable age, there comes innate knowledge about the reality around us through the progression of our own lives. So in essence a person's own logic may not conform with our own, yet retains it through their own philosophy (our own subjective experience). So thus it retains its own validity. Human nature in general is define by subjective phenomena; so that negates any notion to say one is in the "right" especially when a person is of considerable age about the world around us.

Kalimtari
11-29-2014, 04:42 PM
It's ok ur my fav Yugoslav still :D

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecard_12932365_gjv7p37fnp.jpg

bloody true story, and, btw, I don't view you as an asshole :)

and another "btw"; I couldn't visit you this year cuz my biological (my bio father left me and my mum when I was 3yo) paternal grandpa from Sanjak (yes, I'm in fact 25% Muslim Slavic - nana is is a Kosovan Albanian, and yes, it's a long and painful story) died and I was there, exploring my longly suppressed family roots. Next time I'm in Serbia, we'll definitely meet. ;)

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 04:56 PM
I would say your logic is fair in its own right; yet your undermining people who have been on this earth longer than both of us. Wisdom is essentially the culmination of one's own experiences; when one comes grows up to a considerable age, there comes innate knowledge about the reality around us through the progression of our own lives. So in essence a person's own logic may not conform with our own, yet retains it through their own philosophy (our own subjective experience). So thus it retains its own validity. Human nature in general is define by subjective phenomena; so that negates any notion to say one is in the "right" especially when a person is of considerable age about the world around us.

In this case, I would only even heed the experiences of someone who's actually had a kid who married someone he [the parent] didn't want them [the child] to. Alternatively, a child whose mixed marriage was not approved of by the parent. No other experience is relevant. And even if it were my opinion would still be highly valid.

You're taking 'respect for your elders' way too far in my view anyway, but that's besides the point. No one on this thread, regardless of age, has any relevant stories so your point is completely, totally, and utterly moot.

But actually, let's focus on the misguided idea that I don't have good experience here: leaving aside personal experience, of which I have some, I'll focus on the two unmarried and very bitter siblings of my father, one straight girl and one gay man, both of whom are in their 40s and 50s and single, and very unhappy, because they bowed to family pressure and didn't marry who they wanted and all it created was sadness and despondency. The chances are if they'd stuck up for themselves my grandparents would have got over it in a few years and today, the family would be far less dysfunctional than it is (and it is completely dysfunctional).

The reverse of this is the one sibling of my father who did marry; she restricted her dating to approved demographics and married an abusive man whom she had to leave. Her kids were traumatised and one is a drug dealer.

Your play.

de Burgh II
11-29-2014, 05:20 PM
In this case, I would only even heed the experiences of someone who's actually had a kid who married someone he [the parent] didn't want them [the child] to. Alternatively, a child whose mixed marriage was not approved of by the parent. No other experience is relevant. And even if it were my opinion would still be highly valid.

You're taking 'respect for your elders' way too far in my view anyway, but that's besides the point. No one on this thread, regardless of age, has any relevant stories so your point is completely, totally, and utterly moot.

let's focus on the misguided idea that I don't have good experience here: leaving aside personal experience, of which I have some, I'll focus on the two unmarried and very bitter siblings of my father, one straight girl and one gay man, both of whom are in their 40s and 50s and single, and very unhappy, because they bowed to family pressure and didn't marry who they wanted and all it created was sadness and despondency. The chances are if they'd stuck up for themselves my grandparents would have got over it in a few years and today, the family would be far less dysfunctional than it is (and it is completely dysfunctional).

The reverse of this is the one sibling of my father who did marry; she restricted her dating to approved demographics and married an abusive man whom she had to leave. Her kids were traumatised and one is a drug dealer.

Your play.

There you go again being overly critical and self serving again. I'll lay down the groundwork for this one time; its ultimately up to you to decide since this is obviously getting nowhere. Your hypothetical examples are nothing more than your own subjective notions that reflects your strongly felt ideology so its relatively pointless since you made up your mind in life and I made up my mind; simple as that. Your doing nothing more, but skewing things with "morals" so its intricately designed to fall in your favor. I gave you some apparent leniency; yet its relatively pointless since its like talking to a brick wall. I already gave my points;so it ultimately up to you to decide for yours. Still, were all a byproduct of our own biological dispositions and environmental factors; so that negates what your saying; everyone's own philosophies/mentality is justified in its own right regardless if you accept it or not.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecard_12932365_gjv7p37fnp.jpg

bloody true story, and, btw, I don't view you as an asshole :)

and another "btw"; I couldn't visit you this year cuz my biological (my bio father left me and my mum when I was 3yo) paternal grandpa from Sanjak (yes, I'm in fact 25% Muslim Slavic - nana is is a Kosovan Albanian, and yes, it's a long and painful story) died and I was there, exploring my longly suppressed family roots. Next time I'm in Serbia, we'll definitely meet. ;)

Ofc I'm not asshole and I'm very friendly :D

But there is sometimes no compromising on the truth. A Serb doesn't become one he is born one. Anything less than 100% Serb isn't really a Serb though depending on just how much Serbian blood, the rest of the blood and closeness to Serbs, and their self identification we can make compromise.

Anyways I'll glady meet you wherever were in close area :D

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 05:23 PM
There you go again being overly critical and self serving again. I'll lay down the groundwork for this one time; its ultimately up to you to decide since this is obviously getting nowhere. Your hypothetical examples are nothing more than your own subjective notions that reflects your strongly felt ideology so its relatively pointless since you made up your mind in life and I made up my mind; simple as that. Your doing nothing more, but skewing things with "morals" so its intricately designed to fall in your favor. I gave you some apparent leniency; yet its relatively pointless since its like talking to a brick wall. I already gave my points;so it ultimately up to you to decide for yours. Still, were all a byproduct of our own biological dispositions and environmental factors; so that negates what your saying; everyone's own philosophies/mentality is justified in its own right regardless if you accept it or not.

Or perhaps my experiences form my personal code. I don't believe in morality and I don't believe my posts referenced it. The examples I gave are not hypothetical. I don't believe you've made a point so much as picked on me and written a few empty paragraphs that show you haven't actually read my posts.

I'm also in no way being critical to anyone.

alfieb
11-29-2014, 05:24 PM
The only things that could make me never speak to my child again would be if they were rapists, murderers, and/or pedophiles.

Unome
11-29-2014, 05:28 PM
When I have children someday, I'll be strict with a daughter but liberal and free with a son. Sons and daughters are not the same, and should not be treated equally. I believe in and support female privilege. Daughters are born to an easier life, but must trade something for such a hedonistic, simple, and lazy lifestyle. A fair trade for privilege is cultural stability and strength. A female defends her culture. Culture is an extension of family, as-is nationality, ethnicity, race, pride, etc. A family also provides protection to children. But after a certain age, this protection absolves when children become mature and independent. A daughter is inclined to leech on a family since there is not the same rivalry between mother & daughter as there is between father & son. Male pride is different than in females. Because females have different innate, biological values than men.

So a daughter should be married off into a different family.

My point here is that disowning a son is much different than disowning a daughter, or how daughters can sully a family's name much easier than sons can.

de Burgh II
11-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Or perhaps my experiences form my personal code. I don't believe in morality and I don't believe my posts referenced it. The examples I gave are not hypothetical. I don't believe you've made a point so much as picked on me and written a few empty paragraphs that show you haven't actually read my posts.

I'm also in no way being critical to anyone.

I said I have a respect for anyone (including you) who has their own sense of self determination which is commendable in its own right; by give you some leniency on your point, but I realize were just two different people with different ideologies. You own personal code in essence is your own code of ethics (sense of morality) which my own ideas threatened them on a personal level. I'll concede to the fact that were all (as humans) are all subjective and biased in our own way, its simply the way it is. I understand you have your own best intentions, I can respect that. Yet, again were two different people with our own ideals. So you can live your life however you want to and I'll live by how I want to. Simple as that.

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 05:54 PM
I said I have a respect for anyone (including you) who has their own sense of self determination which is commendable in its own right; by give you some leniency on your point, but I realize were just two different people with different ideologies. You own personal code in essence is your own code of ethics (sense of morality) which my own ideas threatened them on a personal level. I'll concede to the fact that were all (as humans) are all subjective and biased in our own way, its simply the way it is. I understand you have your own best intentions, I can respect that. Yet, again were two different people with our own ideals. So you can live your life however you want to and I'll live by how I want to. Simple as that.

Your ideas only threaten my ideas on a personal level if your ideas intrude on mine, which, as I said Unome specifically said they did. Apart from that self-determination is my only principle and my only point of debate.

What, do you imagine I support everyone always doing the opposite of what their parents tell them?

Drakoblare
11-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Betray Greece.
Become a schizofrenic axe murderer and rapist.
Become a raging faggot.

Kalimtari
11-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Ofc I'm not asshole and I'm very friendly :D

But there is sometimes no compromising on the truth. A Serb doesn't become one he is born one. Anything less than 100% Serb isn't really a Serb though depending on just how much Serbian blood, the rest of the blood and closeness to Serbs, and their self identification we can make compromise.

Anyways I'll glady meet you wherever were in close area :D

my late grandpa was a Sloba fan, he identified as Muslim Serb, and hated everything about Albanian separatism (also blamed Albanians for the fall of Yugoslavia). Needless to say, me and my mum never had any contacts with him.

Heather
11-29-2014, 06:43 PM
If they caused me an unreasonable amount of trouble (when they are older, of course) or are plain disrespectful.

I couldn't imagine having to do so.

But I don't currently have kids so I don't know.

Katariina
11-29-2014, 07:12 PM
If my child is a criminal in any sense of the word (rapist, drug dealer, thief, unjust murderer, etc.), that is the biggest reason why I would cut ties.

I would most likely disown my child for interracial marriage/children. True story: My female cousin is engaged to a super unattractive (3/10), darker skinned black guy (btw she's 1/2 Finnish, 1/2 Italian), and everyone in my family is very nice to him, but we are so absolutely disappointed in her. It's her parents fault, they were weak and liberal in raising her, and allowed her to have black friends over all day long (her father was spineless about it, but said "my backyard looks like a jungle everyday"). And so she then started hanging out with ONLY blacks. Soon she started dating low-class Hispanics who used her for money, then finally came her black fiance. His family is ghetto as hell. They can't speak proper English and act like hood rats. Mind you, I come from a respectable, middle-class, white family, so it's sad that my cousin never even tried to date a white man, let alone an educated one. And my other cousin, her 30 yr old old brother, is probably going to do the same. He wears snap-backs, gold chains, baggy pants, listens to rap only, and talks like he's from the ghetto. It's pathetic -_- He's a white man trying to pass as a black guy.

Bottom line: My beautiful, devout Christian, Finnish, blonde-haired aunt, who is the Matriarch of our family is going to have super dark-skinned, very unattractive, ghetto-cultured grandchildren. My dad would kill my brothers and I if we did that to him. And I don't want my kids do that to me. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Oneeye
11-29-2014, 07:15 PM
The only things that could make me never speak to my child again would be if they were rapists, murderers, and/or pedophiles.

This, and sociopathic in general as well as being drug addicts.

Melina
11-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Reading these comments gives me more reasons not to have children. There is really no disowning a child. In the end of the day it was YOUR choice to bring your offspring in this world.

I could say I would disown a child for being a rapist,pedophile or whatever. But at the end of the day I would have that question in the back of my mind of.

What have I done wrong? Could I have done something different? I will also feel responsible for my son's/ daughters actions. Even if my son and daughter were adults and did something wrong I would still feel guilty. Because I chose for this being to be alive. If I have chosen otherwise then the suffering of his/her victims wouldn't have happened.

BECAUSE I BREED A MONSTER.

Svipdag
11-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Incest, child molestation, cruelty, drug dealing, brutality, slaying of children, treason, religious fanaticism, and rioting.

BTW, I have no children, so this is purely academic.

Ice
11-29-2014, 08:34 PM
son: if he's a fag or a thief. In case he's a thief i'll warn him after first time, after second time too, third time no warnings anymore
daughter: if she's a whore, i mean thus having sex before marriage. i'll be happy if my daughter marries someone from where we are from. If she had sex before marriage i wont care anymore, but i'll feel the humilation that she lost her virginity before marriage untill i die.

there are other major crimes too but those are things i reject no matter of what.

Ps. I have two sons from my first marriage. Now i'm a single dad.

wvwvw
11-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Only for mass murder, evilness

I don't think I would ever denounce them for things such as drug use, prostitution, stealing, robbing etc

wvwvw
11-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Lol you cannot dictate your kids how to live their life, they are their own individuals, and they'll make their own mistakes.

If you are not there for them when they are going through a crisis then you are not a good parent imo.

Pjeter Pan
11-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Only for mass murder, evilness

I don't think I would ever denounce them for things such as drug use, prostitution, stealing, robbing etc
Why not?

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 11:19 PM
There is no right or wrong answer to this its just an opinion like whether u like Pepsi or coca cola. But as I predicted the crowd who is against disowning is acting like they have the moral high ground. It's cute.

In reality by giving ur kid life u have given him something no one else can give him. Even if u were to drop him in an orphanage and never see him again u still give him net good that he can never expect to repay u. In other words ur kids are indebted their life to u not the other way around.

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 11:20 PM
There is no right or wrong answer to this its just an opinion like whether u like Pepsi or coca cola. But as I predicted the crowd who is against disowning is acting like they have the moral high ground. It's cute.

In reality by giving ur kid life u have given him something no one else can give him. Even if u were to drop him in an orphanage and never see him again u still give him net good that he can never expect to repay u. In other words ur kids are indebted their life to u not the other way around.

It's 'cute' you think you own your kids.

Belial
11-29-2014, 11:23 PM
I'd disown my son/daughter if he was a racist, white nationalist or neonazi. I do not mind mixing, I like diversity. That reight, no inheritance, no pension.

Stefan_Dusan
11-29-2014, 11:26 PM
It's 'cute' you think you own your kids.

Morally I do. I gave them life I'm their god

Longbowman
11-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Morally I do. I gave them life I'm their god

Yes, it's this attitude. Adorable.

1stLightHorse
11-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Having brown eyes. If I have a child with brown eyes, I'll throw it off a cliff.

I wouldn't disown a gay son. I'd like to have grandchildren, but if they turn out gay because of hormonal problems during birth or something, it's not their fault. They could contribute to society and the family in some other way I'm sure.

Being gay isn't hormonal. Homosexual men have the same testosterone levels as heterosexuals. Almost all studies on the subject confirm that.

No-one is born gay, it's developmental which means they don't entirely choose to be that way either. Like most things, the truth falls somewhere in between the two extremes, i.e. they are naturally perverted and choose it or they are born gay and have no control over the matter at all.

My next comment is not supported by any study (that i'm aware of) but most homosexuals that i've known have some daddy issues. They find some deficiency in their father's behaviour or life or their mother takes somewhat of a masculine role in the child's upbringing. So, be a good father and let your wife stay at home and cook and clean and relax, instead of letting her try to be a man and fuck society up. All respect out there to the mothers who are forced into that, but guess what, usually they made some stupid decision and wound up in that situation because of naivety.

Great thread. The threat of being disowned is a necessary practice. We don't live in caves anymore where threats to our survival and group acceptance could mean our own rapid demise so we need to replicate it by means such as this. Balkan wisdom.

Pjeter Pan
11-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Being gay isn't hormonal. Homosexual men have the same testosterone levels as heterosexuals. Almost all studies on the subject confirm that.

No-one is born gay, it's developmental which means they don't entirely choose to be that way either. Like most things, the truth falls somewhere in between the two extremes, i.e. they are naturally perverted and choose it or they are born gay and have no control over the matter at all.

My next comment is not supported by any study (that i'm aware of) but most homosexuals that i've known have some daddy issues. They find some deficiency in their father's behaviour or life or their mother takes somewhat of a masculine role in the child's upbringing. So, be a good father and let your wife stay at home and cook and clean and relax, instead of letting her try to be a man and fuck society up. All respect out there to the mothers who are forced into that, but guess what, usually they made some stupid decision and wound up in that situation because of naivety.

Great thread. The threat of being disowned is a necessary practice. We don't live in caves anymore where threats to our survival and group acceptance could mean our own rapid demise so we need to replicate it by means such as this. Balkan wisdom.

Fuck bro, welcome back!

Pjeter Pan
11-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Lol you cannot dictate your kids how to live their life, they are their own individuals, and they'll make their own mistakes.

If you are not there for them when they are going through a crisis then you are not a good parent imo.

Yea you can dictate their lives, you tell them how they should behave and act.teach them how to react to certian situations, so they don't bring shame to the family by being scum and degenerates.

Unome
11-30-2014, 02:58 AM
If humans own other humans, which sometimes we do, then it must be within the parent-child relationship. Childhood can be classified as a type of slavery, yes.

And parents do dictate the lives of their children, especially during critical stages such as infancy 1-4, childhood 5-12, adolescence 13-19, etc.

LightHouse89
11-30-2014, 03:14 AM
Interracial marriage, family dishonor, homosexuality [well I may not throw them out but still see them or have some communication with them], also if they were pedophiles/rapists then I would have nothing to do with them either.

LightHouse89
11-30-2014, 03:17 AM
Yes, it's this attitude. Adorable.

Love thy creator. Never bite the hand that feeds.