PDA

View Full Version : Can straights become gay?

Mortimer
11-20-2014, 06:03 AM
i read that some guys had a wife and children and afterwards they had their comming out and everyone though they are straight but they were actually gay. how is that possible and can a straight guy have a gay one night stand etc. if it is just once or like 2-3 times or does that make him gay?

barbatus
11-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Lmao, this is just the reverse of my thread. I imagine people's answers in the other one apply just as much here.

wvwvw
11-20-2014, 06:07 AM
They probably can become confused straights but gays unlikely :D

wvwvw
11-20-2014, 06:10 AM
i read that some guys had a wife and children and afterwards they had their comming out and everyone though they are straight but they were actually gay. how is that possible and can a straight guy have a gay one night stand etc. if it is just once or like 2-3 times or does that make him gay?

Maybe they were bisexual

wvwvw
11-20-2014, 06:21 AM
Found this interesting article:
I'm a gay man, but now I am feeling attracted to women
A gay man who is attracted to women is confused about his sexuality. Mariella Frostrup tells him to relax and find out what works best for him
Mariella Frostrup
The Observer, Sunday 21 July 2013
Jump to comments (176)

'I’m not saying all heterosexuals are actually bisexual, but I think most of us are capable of an equally profound sexual experience in a same-sex liaison': Mariella Frostrup advises a man who has been having gay relationships. Photograph: Reuters

The dilemma I have known I was gay since I was a boy, but recently I have started having sexual feelings for women that I've spent a lot of time with at university. I went to a single-sex school and have never really had any female friends. I wonder if this might have contributed to my belief that I was gay. Ever since spending time with these women I haven't had as strong feelings for men and for the first time find myself fantasising about these women. Can one's sexuality change in such a short time? Is this normal?

Mariella replies What's normal? So much of our behaviour is conditioned by our formative experiences and later circumstances that it's hard to separate what we started out feeling and what developed along the way. I've known parents announce their child is gay at the age of three and others remain blind to their children's sexuality through adulthood. I've seen girls evolve from Barbie-addicted pink princesses to tattoo-covered teenagers with multiple piercings. As for boys, if I had a pound for every show-tune lover in short pants who turned into a heterosexual school rugby captain I'd eat at Nobu every night and still have change.

After a decade of my mailbag, there are few surprises left in the terrain of the human heart. Uncovering digressions from what we perceive to be "the norm" is what makes opening my inbox a weekly treat. As a species we are definitely not set in our ways. Furthermore, as soon as any of us becomes complacent about the status quo, along comes a life event to test our incredulity.

You say you've always known you were gay, but the circumstances you describe won't have given you much opportunity to test the alternatives. It's long been my theory that in secondary education single-sex schools are great for girls, for whom boys are a distraction, and terrible for boys who afterwards take years to reconcile themselves to women as friends and equals. Just look at Boris Johnson if you want a prime example.

My feeling is that an absolutist position on sexuality isn't strictly necessary, and certainly not until you are well into adulthood. Society may file its inhabitants into neatly labelled boxes, but one of our most interesting qualities is our ability to shape shift. Some argue that life is complicated enough without leaving our sexuality open to interpretation. For others it's the most predictable of their impulses and, unchallenged by fate, whole lives can be played out devoid of deviation from their chosen normality.

You don't have to try the physical act with both sexes to know for sure what you prefer, but the opposite of what you believe to be your natural proclivity is potentially a pleasant surprise. Like passion itself, your sexual predilection may seem overpowering – until it passes and something else takes your fancy. I'm not saying all heterosexuals are actually bisexual, but I certainly think most of us are capable of an equally profound sexual experience in a same-sex liaison. What you ultimately choose – if you do choose – should surely be the person who feels right, not the person boasting the correct genitalia?

Happily most of us are more than the sum of those basic parts. Who we have sex with, how we like our sex and who we fantasise about when the lights are off are frequently mysteries even to those closest to us. In many cases we're estranged from our desires ourselves, self-delusion being as powerful an impulse as any other.

As citizens of a "civilised" society we try to give our brains and not our physical desires control over our actions. The alternative – a frenzy of bacchanalian cavorting with whoever takes our fancy – is exactly what monotheistic religion was invented to avoid. Visiting the British Museum's Pompeii exhibition with my kids this week, predictably, what they were most interested in was the licentious behaviour exalted in much ancient Roman art and iconography.

We are certainly a less carnally indulgent culture. But conclusively partnering with one sex or another has obvious flaws when examined in depth. What you're confronting is the true nature of human sexuality, a state of flux that's dependent on nurture, fate, circumstance and character. I suggest you try not to hurt anyone in the process, but relax and enjoy finding out what works for you.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/21/gay-man-attracted-to-women

Incal
11-20-2014, 06:29 AM

They were in the closet due to pressure and prejudices. That's why I think it's great to live these times, almost all fags are out now and don't scam girls anymore so more ladies for us straight guys.

Leo Iscariot
11-20-2014, 06:37 AM

Then were either in the closet, or late in life gays.

Mortimer
11-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Then were either in the closet, or late in life gays.

late in life gay means that a straight guy can become gay etc. and cranks article says that all heterosexuals are able to hav same-sex relations so my question is interesting.

Leo Iscariot
11-20-2014, 06:53 AM
late in life gay means that a straight guy can become gay etc. and cranks article says that all heterosexuals are able to hav same-sex relations so my question is interesting.

No, a late in life gay is (At least to my knowledge) someone who doesn't fully accept that they're gay until later in their life. They do everything they can do be straight and "overcome" their homosexuality. That's different from magically turning gay or just being in the closet.

Archduke
11-20-2014, 07:22 AM
I've been on a one nightstand with a straight guy twice...many might be curious about gay sex, but that doesnt mean that they can become gay.

Dominus
11-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Interesting question. Why not? Change of mind?

Sakis
11-20-2014, 07:52 AM
It is possible if you accidentaly sit on a dick.

Why Always Me?
11-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Yes. I used to be straight, but from studying Phalluses 24/7...I must admit I've grown quite fond of them. I am now Bi-Sexual.

I love my Wife dearly, but sometimes I wish she had a very large you know what, swinging between her legs.

Smaland
11-23-2014, 07:33 PM
20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:20-27, KJV

Sikeliot
11-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Maybe they met one man that they were attracted to and wanted to be with them instead.

Peter Nirsch
11-23-2014, 07:38 PM
I think so, there are even men who become women. Have you been transformed into a gay?

Pontios
11-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Yea, you can develop this sexual perversion.

Fortis in Arduis
11-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Yea, you can develop this sexual perversion.

How do you suppose this happens?

Pontios
11-24-2014, 03:18 AM
How do you suppose this happens?

When normal sex is not enough, you go to blowjobs and hand jobs, when that's not enough, you go to anal, when a woman is not enough, you go to men, when men aren't enough you go to animals. Most homosexuals that I have met were complete perverts. They would do anything for a sexual pleasure.

If not that, then it is a physical or mental sickness, but in no way is it normal.

barbatus
11-24-2014, 03:29 AM
It is possible if you accidentaly sit on a dick.

Only if you accidentally sit on a dick and enjoy it

Fortis in Arduis
11-24-2014, 09:53 AM
When normal sex is not enough, you go to blowjobs and hand jobs, when that's not enough, you go to anal, when a woman is not enough, you go to men, when men aren't enough you go to animals. Most homosexuals that I have met were complete perverts. They would do anything for a sexual pleasure.

If not that, then it is a physical or mental sickness, but in no way is it normal.

Ridiculous. The above process simply does not happen. Heterosexuals are not at any risk of becoming homosexual, and your assertion is as risible as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY6_9Qvj8I4

Odin
10-15-2017, 06:15 PM
Nope.

mrcmc888
10-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Nope. You can be curious about it, doesn't mean you are gay though. Anyone who comes out later in life after having relationships with women was just closeted.

The opposite goes too, no amount of prayer will make a gay man straight. Teaching him it's wrong may make it so where he doesn't act on his thoughts anymore, but they'll still be there.

Hamlet
10-18-2017, 03:53 PM
I think so, yeah. If you starve someone of affection for say a decade, then have him rubbed with butter by naked men while on MDMA, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out gay