PDA

View Full Version : Help, with diet

Absinthe
04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Fellow-shrinkers, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So I've started improving my nutrition, and exercising, since April 1st - and that's exactly two weeks now.

And I'm saying "improving my nutrition" instead of dieting, because I am not following a "specific" diet plan laid out by a nutritionist, but I'm following those logical steps than one needs to go through in order to lose weight.

I.e. eating smaller meals many times a day (instead of one big meal in the afternoon), drinking a lot of water, cutting down on fat, sweets and alcohol, avoiding fried stuff, avoiding to eat at night, etc.

For example, the last days I have been having coffee and a few whole wheat, sugar-free crackers with low fat cheese and ham for breakfast,
a large green salad for lunch, with lettuce and tuna fish,
or other vegetables, fresh or boiled,
or lean meat (today I had grilled pork fillet for lunch)
and
in the evening I have something light like a yogurt, or fruit, or a soup.

On top of that I have been exercising for two weeks, at least three times a week, doing aerobics/pilates clases as well as treadmill, static bicycling, etc.

All that and I have not lost a gram, not a fucking gram in two weeks!! :eek: :(

What am I doing wrong here? Help...

Fortis in Arduis
09-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Drop the carbs.

Absinthe
09-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Hehe too late, I have lost 20 kilos since this post... :D Now I am trying to increase the carbs, if anything, cause I lost a lot of body mass because of this :p

Absinthe
09-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Here's the "before" and "after" photos :D

It took me 1 year to get back to my normal size (about 60kg) and another few months to go below that (53kg) which I am now :)