PDA

View Full Version : 12 Byzantine Rulers

Óttar
04-16-2010, 12:21 AM
http://www.12byzantinerulers.com/

12 Byzantine Rulers
The History of The Byzantine Empire
By Lars Brownworth

Lars Brownworth answers questions from 12 Byzantine Rulers on his blog Finding History.

This history lecture podcast covers the little known Byzantine Empire through the study of twelve of its greatest rulers. Mr. Lars Brownworth presents this series for free through this website and iTunes.

Mr. Brownworth, author of Lost to the West: The Forgotten Byzantine Empire That Rescued Western Civilization, taught History at The Stony Brook School on Long Island, New York. His passion for Byzantine history has taken him from the furthest reaches of the Byzantine Empire right into Constantinople (present day Istanbul), the very heart of Byzantium. He has studied Byzantine history extensively and produced this lecture series, giving us a concise overview of this ignored period.

You can purchase Mr. Brownworth's new book, Lost to the West, in stores or online in hardcover and audiobook forms. Please take a moment to add your email address to the list if you would like to get updates on Mr. Brownworth's projects.

It will be hard for me to stomach the lectures on Constantine and Julian (I'll be like a Jew hearing about the holocaust in graphic detail), and I can't imagine Justinian will be a cakewalk, but after that it will probably be fine.

He also has a series of podcast lectures on the Normans, but it is only half finished, so I won't download those yet. I'm sure BWW will be wincing through those. It'll be hard for him to keep his chippy tea down. :p

Cato
04-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Anna Komnene. ;)