PDA

View Full Version : Light Armenians?

barbatus
11-28-2014, 01:34 AM
There was an Armenian kid at my high school who had bright red hair (naturally), pale skin with freckles and light eyes. He had obvious Armenoid facial features but he was pasty white with freckles and had red hair. The weirdest part is that he was born in Syria. Is this look very uncommon among Armenians? I assumed it was admixture of some sort. I picture Armenians looking more like Serj Tankian.

Gustave H
11-28-2014, 02:42 AM
The truly pure Armenians are Whites. Most Armenians today are quite swarthy, and that is because they are not pure Armenians. They have all kinds of different blood, often without even knowing it. I once dated an Armenian girl from Yerevan with blue eyes and light brown hair. She traced her ancestry and she's purely Armenian. Such people are very rare and make up only a small percentage of Armenians today, but they definitely exist. I have several blue eyed Armenian NS friends who live in Armenia.

Pjeter Pan
11-28-2014, 02:44 AM
The truly pure Armenians are Whites. Most Armenians today are quite swarthy, and that is because they are not pure Armenians. They have all kinds of different blood, often without even knowing it. I once dated an Armenian girl from Yerevan with blue eyes and light brown hair. She traced her ancestry and she's purely Armenian. Such people are very rare and make up only a small percentage of Armenians today, but they definitely exist. I have several blue eyed Armenian NS friends who live in Armenia.

I know some Armenians that would kill you for saying such things lol

Gustave H
11-28-2014, 03:48 AM
I know some Armenians that would kill you for saying such things lol

PM me. I'll be glad to meet them face to face and I'd like to see them try to kill me.

Sikeliot
11-28-2014, 03:55 AM
I am not dark and I get mistaken for Armenian all the time.

barbatus
11-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Are Armenians lighter than Georgians?

oh-nahhh
11-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Hemshin armenians are supposed to be light.

Gustave H
11-28-2014, 07:28 AM

They're usually about the same complexion.

StonyArabia
11-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Hemshin armenians are supposed to be light.

They tend to be very light and look more like north Caucasians.

Trun
11-28-2014, 07:34 AM

Georgians are noticeably lighter.

Sikeliot
11-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Georgians are lighter than Armenians, and have less of a Levantine kind of look.

Trun
11-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Georgians are lighter than Armenians, and have less of a Levantine kind of look.

Armenians don't look Levantine, not even slightly.

Austrvegr
11-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Armenians have always been swarthy.

Wild North
11-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Armenians have always been swarthy.

Always you say.. That would be difficault to say, I believe. The original appearance of the so called Proto-Armenians is hardly known. They were supposedly related to the Phrygians. And this is according to one theory; that these Proto-Armenians migrated from the Balkans to eastern Anatolia. And in Anatolia they became mixed with Urartians-Hurrians, and they might inherited this "swarthyness" from these.

I think there may be some other people here that may know this much better than me..

Musso
12-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Armenians are diverse. There are blond Armenians, Armenians with orange hair, Armenians with blue eyes, etc. But if you take all Armenians and average them, we have a typical med-complexion. It's not about being pure Armenian. I can assure you there were many pure Armenians that had Mediterranean complexion, dark hair, brown eyes.

A 'typical' Armenian look I would say that could represent the average Armenian look, is former President, Robert Kocharian:

http://hovikcharkhchyan.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/rob2.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Robert_Kotscharian.jpg/386px-Robert_Kotscharian.jpg

Kamal900
12-04-2014, 04:16 AM

No. We have plenty of Armenians living in Lebanon(Bourj Hammond in Beirut), and they look similar to the local Lebanese. Hell, i have been mistaken for an Armenian all the time. Georgians look more European than Armenians but not a whole lot.

Kamal900
12-04-2014, 04:17 AM
Armenians are diverse. There are blond Armenians, Armenians with orange hair, Armenians with blue eyes, etc. But if you take all Armenians and average them, we have a typical med-complexion. It's not about being pure Armenian. I can assure you there were many pure Armenians that had Mediterranean complexion, dark hair, brown eyes.

A 'typical' Armenian look I would say that could represent the average Armenian look, is former President, Robert Kocharian:

http://hovikcharkhchyan.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/rob2.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Robert_Kotscharian.jpg/386px-Robert_Kotscharian.jpg

Yes, a lot of them do have Med features, and we have a lot of Armenians living in Lebanon as well.

Kamal900
12-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Armenians don't look Levantine, not even slightly.

Are you sure about that? They dont stick out in Lebanon, and i have been to that nation countless times.

Shepherd
12-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Whatever look they share with Levantines is likely a coincidence, since they don't seem to cluster with them. At least not on this plot: http://i.imgur.com/YOBagV8.jpg

Musso
12-04-2014, 04:30 AM
Whatever look they share with Levantines is likely a coincidence, since they don't seem to cluster with them. At least not on this plot: http://i.imgur.com/YOBagV8.jpg

Which is expected. Our ancestral homeland is not in Levantine but in the Armenian Highlands traversing Eastern Anatolia and South Caucasus. For this reason, we naturally cluster between Assyrians and Georgians. Basically we cluster as hybrid Caucasian-Anatolians. There are also similarities in phenotype between Armenians and Southern Italians, Greeks, but of course we are far from them in genetic mapping.

MINARDOWICZ
12-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Which is expected. Our ancestral homeland is not in Levantine but in the Armenian Highlands traversing Eastern Anatolia and South Caucasus. For this reason, we naturally cluster between Assyrians and Georgians. Basically we cluster as hybrid Caucasian-Anatolians. There are also similarities in phenotype between Armenians and Southern Italians, Greeks, but of course we are far from them in genetic mapping.

I recall you actually DID plot near Italians. Right? But, you are not fully Armenian are you?

Musso
12-04-2014, 04:42 AM
I recall you actually DID plot near Italians. Right? But, you are not fully Armenian are you?

I was getting a rather large percentage Italian in 23andme, but I have no known Italian ancestry. I guess I am outlier that had maybe had some foreign influences in my family line, but for all its purposes I am full Armenian.

Some Levantine people have also reported getting large Italian percentages...

MINARDOWICZ
12-04-2014, 05:05 AM
I was getting a rather large percentage Italian in 23andme, but I have no known Italian ancestry. I guess I am outlier that had maybe had some foreign influences in my family line, but for all its purposes I am full Armenian.

Some Levantine people have also reported getting large Italian percentages...

where do you plot? Care to share?

Musso
12-04-2014, 05:32 AM
where do you plot? Care to share?

Which plot? The 23andMe plot? I can send it to your through PM...and we can discuss it via there.

MINARDOWICZ
12-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Which plot? The 23andMe plot? I can send it to your through PM...and we can discuss it via there.

Please do.

Mesoman
09-20-2021, 11:54 PM

Of course not.

Mesoman
09-20-2021, 11:57 PM
No. We have plenty of Armenians living in Lebanon(Bourj Hammond in Beirut), and they look similar to the local Lebanese. Hell, i have been mistaken for an Armenian all the time. Georgians look more European than Armenians but not a whole lot.

Georgians can have some southern shifted looks especially in the east. As far as I can recall I have never been questioned if i was a non georgian.

Donhueas
09-21-2021, 12:18 AM

From what I've seen on the Internet, I think Georgians are clearer.

FinalFlash
09-21-2021, 12:42 AM
Lol @ this thread

khanx34
05-17-2022, 04:26 PM
dark skin armenians not real armenian imo. armenians proto ancestors was aryan/white mans. they are assimilated some anatolian/caucasian native imo. because their language is indo-aryan.