PDA

View Full Version : Boy kills dad with sledgehammer

Äike
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Boy kills dad with sledgehammer after banned from playing computer games (http://www.news.com.au/technology/boy-kills-dad-with-sledgehammer-after-banned-from-playing-computer-games/story-e6frfro0-1225853471820?=rss)

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy in southern Russia has been charged with killing his father with a sledgehammer after his parents tried to stop him from playing computer games.

The unnamed boy in the coastal town of Tuapse, located by the Black Sea in Russia's southern Krasnodar region, bludgeoned his father to death while he lay sleeping, regional investigators said.

"At around 1am (local time) on April 12, the suspect dealt his sleeping father at least two blows on the head with a sledgehammer," the region's investigative committee said.

"The man died on the spot from a head injury.

A spokeswoman said the parents had taken away the keyboard as a disciplinary measure after he spent a week playing computer games.

After the killing, the boy's frightened mother gave him the keyboard back and the boy played computer games for several more hours until he fell asleep, the spokeswoman said.

At that point, the mother, who was not injured, contacted relatives who in turn called police.

The boy, who has no criminal record, is now being held in pre-trial detention.

At 14, he is old enough to be charged with murder under Russian law.

Never ever take away a Russian's vodka bottle, cocaine or computer games. The consequences can be deadly.

Matritensis
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Horrible.

Äike
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Horrible.

Indeed, such news are always horrible to read. Nothing "new" though, as Russians are the most aggressive ethnic group in Europe and they can do shocking things.

Arne
04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Indeed, such news are always horrible to read. Nothing "new" though, as Russians are the most aggressive ethnic group in Europe and they can do shocking things.
They are one of the biggest alcohol consumers ...
Maybe it has something to do with it..

Äike
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM

You forgot to mention that Russia is also the biggest cocaine consumer in the world.

The Ripper
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
We are used to reading about these sort of things from Western Europe and America, not Russia. It is still just as incomprehensible when these things happen.

SuuT
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
I was certain that it was going to be someone in the Ukraine.

Close.

W. R.
04-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Proof picture or it didn't happen.

Lenny
04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Is it still true that the cause-of-death for 1 in 10 Russian males is violence?

That statistic is in my mind, but it might be from the darkest days of the 1990s and not the present day.

Agrippa
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Similar cases can be reported from various regions of the world, f.e. here:

Austria: Daughter kills mother due to possible restriction of internet using

Vienna. What drives a 14 year-old Austrian girl to kill her own mother?

Last Tuesday Svetlana D. (37) Czech born Austrian citizen was obviously killed by her daughter due to an argument over using the www. The girl confessed to the police that her mother wanted to restrict her 'going online'.

Police officials reported that there had often been arguments between mother and daughter. The horrifying action allegedly occurred as a negative point of culmination in the mother-daughter relationship after a series of steps of escalation.

The mother was stabbed to death but the daughter claimed not having had intentions to kill her mother. The teenager will face up to 10 years of prison if convicted. The Vienna youth welfare authority hasn't had any knowledge about problems within the girl's family. No knowledge means no action, according to department's officials.

Father and brother are currently receiving psychological assistance.

http://josh-rosenroth.newsvine.com/_news/2010/04/14/4158383-austria-daughter-kills-mother-due-to-possible-restriction-of-internet-using

Murphy
04-19-2010, 08:52 PM
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Bard
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Apparently russians prefer hammers, remember 3 guys 1 hammer.

Basil
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't understand what's the point in creating such threads in the Russian section? There are plenty of similar stories all over the world. For instance:

A teenager who confessed to killing his father last month told police he hated his dad for taking away his Internet access, according to a police report released Wednesday.
Hughstan Schlicker, 15, called 911 on Feb. 6 and told the dispatcher he had just shot his father in the head with a 12-gauge shotgun.
http://www.kpho.com/news/15511792/detail.html
Or:

A 56 year old woman, believed to be Becky D'Aoust, was found in the kitchen of her home after having been hit in the head with a hammer, by her 14 year-old daughter.
http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2008/05/14-year-old-hits-mother-in-head-with.html

Do you want to discuss the problem or just point out the Russians are crazy bastards and only they are able to do such things? I suppose the latter.

W. R.
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Apparently russians prefer hammers, remember 3 guys 1 hammer.They were proud Ukrainians actually. :coffee:

Bard
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
They were proud Ukrainians actually. :coffee:

ok, ukrainians are good with hammers too

Äike
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't understand what's the point in creating such threads in the Russian section? There are plenty of similar stories all over the world. For instance:

http://www.kpho.com/news/15511792/detail.html
Or:

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2008/05/14-year-old-hits-mother-in-head-with.html

Do you want to discuss the problem or just point out the Russians are crazy bastards and only they are able to do such things? I suppose the latter.

I am subscribed in Youtube to one guy's channel. He talked about this particular event and I found it quite interesting and posted the news link. It's quite rare for someone to kill his father with a sledgehammer. I don't give a damn about the location of this event, I would have posted it anyway.

Answer to your question: People from every ethnicity are able to kill their parents, it isn't restricted to only 1 ethnicity(Russians).

You also pointed out that "Russians are crazy bastards", I have to say that the majority of Russians aren't crazy bastards. But the Russian population clearly has the biggest concentration of "crazy bastards".

Lenny
04-20-2010, 03:06 PM
the Russian population clearly has the biggest concentration of "crazy bastards".
Any group of people that are as hard drinkers as the Russians do indeed qualify as 'crazy', IMO.

But Germany and many other countries have problems with alcohol, too. I think it is reckless and crazy and wrong to sell alcohol to 16-year-olds (the German policy). Estonia is not immune from the poison of alcohol abuse either.

Alcohol is a scourge of mankind (in the age of easy-to-get clean water anyway).

Osweo
04-21-2010, 03:17 AM
They might not even have been Russian; Tuapse is 'down there' where all sorts of nationalities sit irritably in the mountains.

Autobahn
04-21-2010, 05:17 AM
That kind of stuff happens all over the globe today. Many of today's teenagers are becoming lazy with no sense of family values and no respect for their parents. De-evolution has begun. Very sad.:(

John in Denver
04-21-2010, 06:45 AM
At 14, he is old enough to be charged with murder under Russian law.

Murder? No. Treason. There's no choice but to put him to death. :mad::(:cool:

Murphy
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Murder? No. Treason. There's no choice but to put him to death. :mad::(:cool:

Hardly treason. The boy is obviouslly mentally disturbed.

Basil
04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
But the Russian population clearly has the biggest concentration of "crazy bastards".
Yeah, if you say so it must be so. You can't even imagine how sick I'm of all your nonsense regarding Russians. In fact, you are very generous in opinion: 'the majority of the Russian people are mentally sane', wow this is approved by famous expert on Russian issues who has seen Russians in person and is still alive. I don't even know why I respond to such ignorant posts. It's even more hilarious to hear it from Estonian, while it's pretty common thing among ordinary people in Russia to explain proneness to alcoholism or outbursts of uncontrollable violent behaviour of some individuals by their Finnic admixture. And it is not completely without foundation: the more Northern and North-Eastern, the more drunkheads in the streets.

They might not even have been Russian; Tuapse is 'down there' where all sorts of nationalities sit irritably in the mountains.
He is an Ukrainian judging by his surname, but I heavily doubt that mass media revealed his real identity. They have provided the picture of his father and truth be told he doesn't look Russian nor Ukrainian to me.
http://image.newsru.com/pict/id/large/1265734_20100415115923.gif
He was an owner of a hotel on the Black sea coast and this case has nothing to do with alcohol or cocaine :eek: or who the hell knows what else. The boy seems to be a reserved gamer type without friends and interests beyond computer games, he is a typical maniac, in other words. But I think all this is irrelevant when the thread supposed to initiate lame discussions has already hit the target. Nothing to say anymore.

John in Denver
04-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Hardly treason. The boy is obviouslly mentally disturbed.

Treason would be the charge under a Roman government since in essence the family is the state. I believe it would be the appropriate charge unless the boy had some type of legitimate reason such as rape.

Pallantides
04-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Maybe he read to much into Heimskringla(loaded up with family intruige and murder), Gothic is a classic game btw. :thumb001:

That kind of stuff happens all over the globe today. Many of today's teenagers are becoming lazy with no sense of family values and no respect for their parents. De-evolution has begun. Very sad.:(

Yeah becuase some power hungry Norse lord didn't burn down the longhouse when is entire family and kin was gathering for a feast, then became the new king and after a short reign he gets killed by some uncle who also wants to be king or head of the family whatever.

Sebbo
04-22-2010, 03:40 AM
I can't help but imagine his father asking him to hand over the playstation controller..... CANT TOUCH THIS HAMMER TIME... bam... ahh Mc Hammer

Pallantides
04-22-2010, 04:00 AM
...duh Gothic is a pc game.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Gothiccover.png

Äike
04-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, if you say so it must be so. You can't even imagine how sick I'm of all your nonsense regarding Russians. In fact, you are very generous in opinion: 'the majority of the Russian people are mentally sane', wow this is approved by famous expert on Russian issues who has seen Russians in person and is still alive. I don't even know why I respond to such ignorant posts.

I have lived in a city where Estonians are minority, for most of my life. There's a reason why the most Russian areas of Tallinn are the least safe and apartments there are the cheapest. It isn't safe to walk there during night, I don't go there even in broad daylight. I have lived among Russians for most of my life, thus there are few things that I don't know about Russians.

It's even more hilarious to hear it from Estonian, while it's pretty common thing among ordinary people in Russia to explain proneness to alcoholism or outbursts of uncontrollable violent behaviour of some individuals by their Finnic admixture. And it is not completely without foundation: the more Northern and North-Eastern, the more drunkheads in the streets.

Finnics are probably the calmest people in the world, if you know anything about the Finnic Estonians, Finns, Karelians, Ingrians etc. If Finnics wouldn't be so calm and non-violent then the assimilation of the original Finno-Ugric population of Russia wouldn't have happened so calmly. Not a single Finnic population in the world has ever waged expansionist wars.

You call me ignorant, while I have lived among Russians for most of my life and I know what I am talking about. While you speak complete lies about Finnics while you probably haven't lived in a majority Finnic city for most of your life, or have you?

I don't know why do I respond to such ignorant posts. After reading that Finnic heritage means that you're prone to violence and aggression, I should have just stopped reading. It's a fact, that it's actually the opposite. The more Finnic you are, the less aggressive you are.

Russians are remarkably more aggressive then Estonians, I've been attacked at least a dozen times during my lifetime by aggressive Russians without any provocation. Or maybe being Estonian in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, is a provocation? Believe it or not, but I have never ever started a fight during my lifetime. Sadly, the less civilized Russians solve problems with violence.

You ignorant Finnophobe, move to Saaremaa, the region with the largest percentage of Estonians(almost 100%). Remarkably it has the lowest amount of HIV and crime, as there are no Russians. After living among Finnic Estonians, try to claim that they're aggressive. Over here "Russian" and "aggressive" are synonyms.

Osweo
04-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Karl, you are in a very specific situation. You know Russians who live in Estonia. For various sociological and historical reasons, they will be quite peculiar in many ways.

As for Russians being aggressive in contrast with Finnics, I would say that just about ANY non-Finnic population is going to be like that, but you just happen to know the Russians. English are easily as violent as Russians. In certain post-industrial areas of England, I'm far more wary about walking around at night than in ANY Russian town I've lived in.

And weren't there Estonian vikings once upon a time??? It might even have been YOU who was trying to educate us on that score.

Basil said some absurd things too, obviously. One I'll pick up on is the 'violence in Russians resulting from Finnic admixture'; I know Pomors very well, and stayed with them a while up in Arkhangelsk. They are to a large extent Slavonicised Chudy. And even in the Nineteenth Century it was noted how domestic abuse was FAR lower in occurence there, if not absent, than in the south.

Arrow Cross
04-22-2010, 03:57 PM
When such things happen, it's almost always either a "minority" from the West, or a white person from Russia.

Pallantides
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Nordic people did the same thing 1000 years ago.

Throvald " Father why did you take away my drinking horn!"

Jarl Asbjørn " You have had enough mead son!"

When everyone is asleep Thorvald whacks his father in the head with his battle axe.

Thorvald "Whoho I'm the new Jarl"

King Ragnar "What happened to your father?"

Jarl Thorvald "He had a little drunk accident, seems he hit himself in the head with my axe when he was sleeping, atleast I got my drinking horn back!"

If I kill my father I'll not be the head of the family or inherit the kingdom, I will just end up in jail so I abstain... even though my dad is an ass.:p

Äike
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Karl, you are in a very specific situation. You know Russians who live in Estonia. For various sociological and historical reasons, they will be quite peculiar in many ways.

As for Russians being aggressive in contrast with Finnics, I would say that just about ANY non-Finnic population is going to be like that, but you just happen to know the Russians. English are easily as violent as Russians. In certain post-industrial areas of England, I'm far more wary about walking around at night than in ANY Russian town I've lived in.

Russians in Russia attacking the Estonian embassy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLVqq3N1iqY

Russians hate us, it doesn't matter if they live in Tallinn or Moscow.

And weren't there Estonian vikings once upon a time??? It might even have been YOU who was trying to educate us on that score.

Yes there were, but they never waged expansionist wars and occupied any territory(:(). They just made raids. One of the reason why the Northern Crusades happened is because the Estonian Vikings harassed the Swedes, the Danes and the Germans too much. For example, Estonian vikings sacked the Swedish capital of Sigtuna. Sweden tried to invade Estonia on several occasions way before the crusades but were was always beaten. A Swedish Prince was killed in Saaremaa once, if my memory is correct. Estonians never invaded anyone with the intentions of occupying/taking control of foreign land.

Basil
04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Russians are remarkably more aggressive then Estonians, I've been attacked at least a dozen times during my lifetime by aggressive Russians without any provocation.
It's obviously very fucking reasonable to claim the Russians are the most aggressive people in Europe and have the biggest concentration of violence-prone idiots because you have been beaten several times by Russian mobs. If the Russians were as much violent as Anglo-Saxons there wouldn't be Estonians, Chechens and infinitely many other peoples living happily nowadays. They simply would have been wiped off the face of the earth long time ago and the remainder of them would live their lives in the reservations. The same effect would be if the Russians were as able to exterminate superflous people as the Germans proved to be during WW2. You can also say thanks to God that you have Russians there and not, say, Albanians. In fact, I can endlessly continue to name the reasons why you should be satisfied with Russians.

Think twice, by the way, what's the nature of your problem with Russians. For me it's clearly a result of failed integration policy or, it would be more correct to say, a result of the absence of such policy. You could have avoided much ethnic and social tension by carrying out a policy similar to that of Lithuania, but your government and fellow countrymen don't show any wish to make things better.

You call me ignorant, while I have lived among Russians for most of my life and I know what I am talking about. While you speak complete lies about Finnics while you probably haven't lived in a majority Finnic city for most of your life, or have you?
You are right I have never lived in a town with Finnic majority, but I have travelled at least half of Russia and what I've said about North and North-East is a complete truth.

You ignorant Finnophobe
I'm not whatever-phobe. First of all, I judge people by their personality and not by their ethnic origin. It's not me who can't quit lamenting how bad Russians are and post every shit digged up in the web to slander them.

When such things happen, it's almost always either a "minority" from the West, or a white person from Russia.
Here our nazi fuhrer is. Check out the links in this thread to the similar cases and don't post bullshit next time. Those crimes were commited by whites and non-Russian.

Äike
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
It's obviously very fucking reasonable to claim the Russians are the most aggressive people in Europe and have the biggest concentration of violence-prone idiots because you have been beaten several times by Russian mobs.

I have never ever been beaten by Russian mobs, I've been attacked by Russians, but they usually regret that.

If the Russians were as much violent as Anglo-Saxons there wouldn't be Estonians, Chechens and infinitely many other peoples living happily nowadays. They simply would have been wiped off the face of the earth long time ago and the remainder of them would live their lives in the reservations. The same effect would be if the Russians were as able to exterminate superflous people as the Germans proved to be during WW2.

If the Anglo-Saxons were as much violent as the Russians, then the Welsh and Scottish people wouldn't exist... Don't you know how Russians genocided the Finnics(like Ingrians) during the 30's and reduced the population from several hundred thousands to a few thousands.

If Estonia wouldn't have won the Freedom War, then we might have been exterminated, just like the Ingrians.

You can also say thanks to God that you have Russians there and not, say, Albanians. In fact, I can endlessly continue to name the reasons why you should be satisfied with Russians.

I should thank Russians for HIV and crime? Albanians, Russians, what's the difference both of those populations would make blond haired and light pigmented individuals disappear from Estonia by intermixing with the native Northern European population.

Think twice, by the way, what's the nature of your problem with Russians. For me it's clearly a result of failed integration policy or, it would be more correct to say, a result of the absence of such policy. You could have avoided much ethnic and social tension by carrying out a policy similar to that of Lithuania, but your government and fellow countrymen don't show any wish to make things better.

Lithuania barely has any Russians... and the problem with Estonia is, the policies with Russians are too tolerant. In Latvia, you can be fined for speaking Russian in the workplace. In Estonia, if you want a job then speaking only Russian looks better in your CV than speaking only Estonian. Russians speak Russian even to clients... in Latvia that would mean you get fined instantly.

You also have to thank the Russian propaganda machine which deliberately slows down the integration of Russians in Estonia.

I'm not whatever-phobe. First of all, I judge people by their personality and not by their ethnic origin. It's not me who can't quit lamenting how bad Russians are and post every shit digged up in the web to slander them.

You're paranoid... if that would be my goal, then I'd have about 4000+ posts. As I said, I don't give a damn about the location of this event nor who did it. I would have posted it anyway. Your paranoia started this crap.

Osweo
04-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Yawn. If the Kaiser had successfully started a Bolshevik Revolution here in England, 'we' would have been behaving like savages in the Thirties too. :rolleyes:

Russians in Moscow don't give a toss about Estonians. Protests occasionally attract hoodlums, whenever something is reported in the media that shows the Estonians committing some 'outrage' or other, but that's about it. It's nothing deep-rooted or permanent. Estonians figure in the Russian consciousness mostly as the butt of a few silly jokes, that I'm sure you've heard too many times in your life, and that's about it.

Estonians never invaded anyone with the intentions of occupying/taking control of foreign land.
And the fate of such people is to be vulnerable and at the mercy of more vigorous neighbours, I'm afraid. :(

Äike
04-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Yawn. If the Kaiser had successfully started a Bolshevik Revolution here in England, 'we' would have been behaving like savages in the Thirties too. :rolleyes:

Don't blame the communists in everything. Russians did genocidal things in Estonia centuries before Communism. It's not a trait of communism, it's a Russian trait.

In 1572, a large portion of the German population of Tartu was deported.
In 1705, the entire population of Tartu(2nd biggest town in Estonia) was deported.
In 1708, March, 1357 people from Narva(3rd biggest town in Estonia) were deported, 300 people remained in the town.
In 1781 all the Swedish families were deported from Hiiumaa(2nd biggest island in Estonia).

All of those deportations were done by Russians and there are more examples.

Danes, Swedes, Poles nor the Germans deported any people from Estonia. Only Russians did such genocidal atrocities

Russians in Moscow don't give a toss about Estonians. Protests occasionally attract hoodlums, whenever something is reported in the media that shows the Estonians committing some 'outrage' or other, but that's about it. It's nothing deep-rooted or permanent. Estonians figure in the Russian consciousness mostly as the butt of a few silly jokes, that I'm sure you've heard too many times in your life, and that's about it.

The protests aren't random, they are thoroughly organized (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashi_%28youth_movement%29) by certain groups (http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/nashi_exercise.jpg).

As far as I know, the Russian youth supports Nashi.

And the fate of such people is to be vulnerable and at the mercy of more vigorous neighbours, I'm afraid. :(

Germans, Danes, Swedes, even some Englishmen V.S Estonians... It was all about mass, Estonians were severely outnumbered. It's not related to vigor.

Osweo
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Don't blame the communists in everything.
Your Ingrians were living in Russian controlled areas for more than a thousand years till the Kommissars sent the trucks in... :rolleyes2:

Russians did genocidal things in Estonia centuries before Communism.
It was a battleground between Swedes, Germans and Russians. Like I said, this is the unfortunate fate of smaller peoples. And 'genocide'... What are you? Some whining Jew or something? These were pragmatic actions taken in particular historical circumstances. These weren't carefully thought out programmes or anything.

It's not a trait of communism, it's a Russian trait.
Inborn, no doubt. :rolleyes:

In 1572, a large portion of the German population of Tartu was deported.
Not before time, indeed. They were colonists who had been waging wars and even Crusades against the Orthodox for centuries...

In 1705, the entire population of Tartu(2nd biggest town in Estonia) was deported.
How many were actual Estonians? About a dozen or so? Where were these German burghers sent, and who was brought to replace them?

In 1708, March, 1357 people from Narva(3rd biggest town in Estonia) were deported, 300 people remained in the town.
Swedes and pro-Swedes deported during the Swedish Wars? Where were the Swedish armies in this period? Wandering all over Russia and the Ukraine, I believe.

In 1781 all the Swedish families were deported from Hiiumaa(2nd biggest island in Estonia).
Against what context? Sabre-rattling in Stockholm?

All of those deportations were done by Russians and there are more examples.
The Estonians are still there. The Russians obviously weren't very good at genocide.

Danes, Swedes, Poles nor the Germans deported any people from Estonia. Only Russians did such genocidal atrocities
'Atrocities' again! Take off your Whining Jew hat. 'Atrocities' to my mind is things like boiling people alive or burning them or whatever, not kicking them out of their homes in a war context.

As far as I know, the Russian youth supports Nashi.
Sweeping generalisations. I support Nashi sometimes, when they're protesting against something that IS pushing it, from the Estonian government!

Germans, Danes, Swedes, even some Englishmen V.S Estonians... It was all about mass, Estonians were severely outnumbered. It's not related to vigor.
I was talking about earlier times. THey outnumbered you because their people had taken more land back in ancient times.

By the way, do you have anything specific on Englishmen taking part in the Northern Crusades? I'd be very interested to read it! :thumbs up

The Ripper
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Hmm. If only the Allies had agreed to concrete and at least somewhat significant support and Kolchak had agreed to Finnish independence ("given" to us by Lenin), the Russian revolution would have been stabbed to death in its cradle, Petrograd, with Finnish bayonettes in 1919. We'd have been saved a lot of trouble. ;)

Osweo
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Where were these German burghers sent, and who was brought to replace them?
Heh, it struck me just now, if the German population hadn't been thinned down a little in the Sixteenth Century, Estonians might have had the same fate as the Old Prussians. A mere province of Germany, utterly Germanised, and latterly chopped up among later forces in the area.

I knew he was a great man, but Ioann Vasilievich Grozniy, Tsar' Vseya Rusi, and Father of the Estonian Nation!?!???!
http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Ivan_the_Terrible.jpg
:clap::rotfl:

ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЕТ ЦАРЬ-БАТЮШКА!

Beorn
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM

I'm sure alcohol exacerbates the condition, but the reason behind Russians, and indeed the people of the British Isles, being violent and aggressive is pure, unadulterated genetic and cultural superiority.

It takes a certain breed of men to be formed into an empire building folk.

The Duke of Wellington summed it up best when he said:

A French army is composed very differently from ours. The conscription calls out a share of every class — no matter whether your son or my son — all must march; but our friends — I may say it in this room — are the very scum of the earth. People talk of their enlisting from their fine military feeling — all stuff — no such thing. Some of our men enlist from having got bastard children — some for minor offences — many more for drink; but you can hardly conceive such a set brought together, and it really is wonderful that we should have made them the fine fellows they are.
Highlight here : swl<--- for those who can't take a joke. FUCK YOU!!!

Äike
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Heh, it struck me just now, if the German population hadn't been thinned down a little in the Sixteenth Century, Estonians might have had the same fate as the Old Prussians. A mere province of Germany, utterly Germanised, and latterly chopped up among later forces in the area.

Estonians always outnumbered the Germans, including in towns. Thus saying that a few dozen Estonians were deported when the entire population of a town was deported, is utterly false.

I knew he was a great man, but Ioann Vasilievich Grozniy, Tsar' Vseya Rusi, and Father of the Estonian Nation!?!???!
http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Ivan_the_Terrible.jpg
:clap::rotfl:

ДА ЗДРАВСТВУЕТ ЦАРЬ-БАТЮШКА!

:confused:

Arrow Cross
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
It's obviously very fucking reasonable to claim the Russians are the most aggressive people in Europe and have the biggest concentration of violence-prone idiots because you have been beaten several times by Russian mobs...
:lmao :lmao

Lenny
04-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I have lived in a city where Estonians are minority for most of my life. There's a reason why the most Russian areas of Tallinn are the least safe and apartments there are the cheapest. It isn't safe to walk there during night, I don't go there even in broad daylight. I have lived among Russians for most of my life, thus there are few things that I don't know about Russians.
[preliminary note: I have 0 Estonian or Finnic heritage.]

I was in Estonia for a bit more than 2 months a few years ago, and for those who think Karl is exaggerating or "lying", I can confirm that he is not at all.

A typical site to see at most times of day in the central part of Tallinn is packs of young Russian/Russian-speaking males [not all 'ethnic Russian'] : loud, aggressive, alcohol-in-hand, looking for trouble, trying to intimidate others. It reminded me of a more alcohol-fuelled and white-skinned version of black male behavior in U.S. cities. I 'witnessed' several drunken fights by these Soviet-anachronisms in my time there. They really blight the city of Tallinn. (Not just in the aforementioned ways, but in too many ways to go into which would take a thousand words or more). Sorry, Russians and their supporters, but I think this is objectively so.

To be fair, Osweo has a point that Russian-speakers in Tallinn and in the cities of Latvia are in peculiar circumstances, exaggerating all their negative qualities quite a lot.

Oh, one minor event that I recall from my time in Tallinn that really captures a lot, I feel: I am riding a bus with an Estonian friend. The bus is stopped for ticket inspection. The inspectors get on, and all riders have valid tickets or passes, except two Russian males in the front, who spend about 90 seconds arguing and sort of shouting (in Russian) at the polite and quiet woman in the ticket-inspector uniform. She finally gives up, leaves the bus. The two Russians apparently had gotten away with "Schwarzfahren" as it is called in Germany. I could hardly believe that this had happened.

Lenny
04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I agree that the rage directed by Russians at tiny Estonia and Latvia and Georgia (etc.) are disgusting, but there is a reason:

The reason is that Russians were basically told by Stalin and his successors that Latvia and Estonia were 'New Russian Heartland Territory'. Like a 20th-century version of the sad fate of Ingria (etc.). The Russians, for some reason, believed this deeply. When they "lost" these places in '91, and a million or more Russians were 'trapped', that is the source of the anger.

If it had not been for the crimes of that devil named Stalin, those Moscow-Russians would not hate Estonia. Why would they?