PDA

View Full Version : 47% of white SA believe apartheid wasn’t a crime against humanity

European Knight
12-03-2014, 02:39 PM
http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/2931/65a074854f95400887ec9b4f08b55050.jpg

Cape Town - Whites are less likely to remember the oppressive nature of apartheid than other citizens, according to the 2014 SA Reconciliation Barometer released on Wednesday. Only 53% of whites who took part in the survey agreed with the statement that apartheid was a crime against humanity. This was compared to 80% of blacks, 77% of Indians, and 70% of coloured citizens who agreed with the statement. Whites were half as likely as black South Africans to agree with redressing the injustice of the past.

The barometer, published by the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR), looked at 10 years of data collected between 2003 and 2013. The report was titled "Reflecting on Reconciliation: Lessons from the Past, Prospects for the Future". It was found that in 2003, 86.5% of South Africans agreed that apartheid was an inhumane crime compared to 76.4% today. Data was collected during face-to-face interviews with a nationally representative sample across all provinces. The 2013 sample was around 1 989 metro inhabitants and 1 601 non-metro inhabitants.

How history is taught

According to the report remembering the oppressive nature of apartheid encouraged citizens to be aware of its legacy and allow for transformation, rather than reproducing unequal relationships. The barometer's project leader Kim Wale said the findings perhaps spoke to how history was being taught and that there was a real need to engage white South Africans on what their whiteness meant in relation to the lived experiences of other races. IJR director Fanie du Toit said the barometer was not "anti-white" but anti-racist.

"Racism is an illness that can destroy a society. We can't afford it in South Africa." Asked about how the findings related to a seemingly increased trend of racial attacks in Cape Town, Du Toit said one needed to look at how representative the attacks were of the general mindset of the white population. "One way to look at it is that the bigger interracial contact is smoking out the racists. It is exposing people who have not adopted [this trend] and it is becoming increasingly difficult to hold onto," he said.

"That is not to say that this is exceptionalism."

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/47-of-white-SA-believes-apartheid-wasnt-a-crime-against-humanity-20141203

JoeyGee8688
12-03-2014, 02:49 PM
I'd just be beating a dead horse if I said "if it weren't for whites, there'd be no South Africa n the first place..."

TheForeigner
12-03-2014, 02:50 PM
It's sad a majority might think that. It was a means of protecting the more civilized race from the barbarians now exploiting them and waging merciless race war against them.

barbatus
12-03-2014, 03:01 PM
That's because it WASN'T a crime against humanity. That number would be higher than 47% if you asked outside the Cape, btw.

Borna
12-03-2014, 03:05 PM
It was not a crime, such concept allowed South Africa to develop fast.

Jehan
12-03-2014, 03:12 PM
So, when white south african will make their own state? It seems it's the only solution.

TheForeigner
12-03-2014, 03:33 PM
So, when white south african will make their own state? It seems it's the only solution.

I think en masse emigration to Europe, North America,Australia and New Zeeland is a better solution. Very large numbers allready emigrated. There was a few years ago a project to settle them in Georgia(Caucasus) at the initiative of that country and they did brought at least some there I think, as expert farmers to develop agriculture there.

Leto
12-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I think en masse emigration to Europe, North America,Australia and New Zeeland is a better solution. Very large numbers allready emigrated. There was a few years ago a project to settle them in Georgia(Caucasus) at the initiative of that country and they did brought at least some there I think, as expert farmers to develop agriculture there.
The should go to the "white homeland" in Tasmania proposed by AngloJew.:)

TheForeigner
12-03-2014, 03:39 PM
The should go to the "white homeland" in Tasmania proposed by AngloJew.:)

Lol was he kidding?

Leto
12-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Lol was he kidding?
Haven't you read that topic?

TheForeigner
12-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Nope. AngloJew is not always serious.

me cago en Yahve
12-03-2014, 03:57 PM
They have their own town, called Orania, only for afrikaneers. But is hard to believe the ANC would give up more than that to the white community

European Knight
12-03-2014, 04:01 PM

They will probably have never their own state don't you know now the negros and jews in the past and today or you wait to see more, i don't want to bring down the hope of those the ones expecting their own state but it is a dream i think.

Theron
12-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I think this is misleading, as what does "crime against humanity" even mean and more importantly what did it mean to those who were asked in the study.

TheForeigner
12-03-2014, 04:11 PM
I think this is misleading, as what does "crime against humanity" even mean and more importantly what did it mean to those who were asked in the study.

I think many said yes out of fear or shame(not shame for real sins).

Theron
12-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I think many said yes out of fear or shame(not shame for real sins).

Definitely. After the fall of Apartheid most pretended like they had nothing to do with the system and claimed they never at any stage supported it, but obviously that's a lie.

TheForeigner
12-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Definitely. After the fall of Apartheid most pretended like they had nothing to do with the system and claimed they never at any stage supported it, but obviously that's a lie.

That is human adaptation and survival and quite understandable.

Willem
12-03-2014, 04:19 PM
It's mainly the poorer whites that have been leaving South Africa as the economy turned to shit. The upper class whites of SA do not want to leave as they control a nice little niche.