PDA

View Full Version : Any members train in Grappling Arts?

Reith
12-04-2014, 12:08 PM
I wrestled throughout high school, did some Judo and have been training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 5 years now.

Dombra
12-04-2014, 12:16 PM
I have tried Judo a couple of times, it was fun but not something that I wanted continue with

Reith
12-04-2014, 12:17 PM
I have tried Judo a couple of times, it was fun but not something that I wanted continue with

I'm curious...why?

Vasconcelos
12-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I did Judo for many years, stopped at 1st Kyu. Still thought about trying to go for 1st Dan (black belt), but I had more interesting things to do with my time.

For someone who was a Judo fighter for such a long time I can say I'm not a fan of it.

Dombra
12-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm curious...why?

I tried it on my own and when Judo senseis came as guests to the martial arts club I was a member of. It was fun for a change and throwing each other around but I have never been interested in wrestling based sports. I was more into kicking and jumping around :D

zhaoyun
12-04-2014, 02:17 PM
i used to train in a lot of grappling. that combined with boxing, martial arts would make you formidable in any street fight.

Linebacker
12-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Brazilian and some combat Sambo.Im not a groundfighter generally,I've been training Boxing now for a long time,and I feel most comfortable standing up.

Anyway I would outwrestle the average person by overpowering.Im hard to get a hold of because of the muscle mass and if you gas out before you lock Me I'll capitalize on it.