PDA

View Full Version : classify this spanish

spanish catalan
12-08-2014, 04:21 PM
http://sevilla.abc.es/deportes/orgullodenervion/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Carlosfernandez.jpg
http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/14/2015/324x324/250067964.jpg
http://www.el-sevillista.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Carlos-Fernandez.jpg
http://www.number1sport.es/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DN123_2972-Fernandez-Sevilla-RealSociedad-QPV-mar14.jpg

mikeyup
12-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Mainly Atlantid/Atlanto-Med.

MINARDOWICZ
12-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Gracile med. Very Iberian.

Hadouken
12-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Atlanto Med + CM

aimar
12-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Kinda looks like me.
Between atlanto and gracile-med, or just west-med.

Dani Cutie
12-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Atlanto/med, maybe atlantid+CM.

Dani Cutie
12-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Gracile med. Very Iberian.

I can´t see gracile admixture in he.

RighNick
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Atlantid or Atlanto-Med.

MINARDOWICZ
12-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Kinda looks like me.
Between atlanto and gracile-med, or just west-med.

Thank you for saying gracile med too... I'm just confused... Why is EVERY Iberian classified as Atlantomed? This guy is clearly more than just Atlantomed. He has gracile med characteristics. Just look at his nose and eyes...

Venpell
12-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Atlantid+Med, West-Med?, anyway very Iberian look if I might in the first and second pictures.

Davy Jones's Locker
12-08-2014, 05:51 PM
I think Carlos Fernández is Pred Atlanto Mediterranean.

Raikaswinþs
12-08-2014, 05:57 PM
uberspanische teen.

Raikaswinþs
12-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Thank you for saying gracile med too... I'm just confused... Why is EVERY Iberian classified as Atlantomed? This guy is clearly more than just Atlantomed. He has gracile med characteristics. Just look at his nose and eyes...

Due to world history, particularly the last 2 millenia, the genetic differences between clades haven't allowed further separattion. Perhaps we had a few dozen subspecies before the awakening of civilisation, but by the time the Romans were around these had been reduced to 10 or less and now it is safer to talk of just 4 o 5 of which 3 make over 99% of the population.

it is a lot more accurate by now to talk about phenotypes and complexions that predominante in certain areas rather than subspecies (let alone races, a term that is more cultural/tribal than anything else and describes mostly supertribes and nations rather than actual biological boundaries) for it is perfectly possible for a European family with no recent external admixture to convey members of different phenotype and complexion. This would be impossible for a genetically uniform subspecies. Two red squirrels will not give birth to a squirrel with a phenotype other than that of a red squirrel.Species whose subspecies have continued to be in touch with each other (naturally or artificially) tend to cluster together a lot more and traits of offspring are a lot more randomized, sometimes presenting recessive traits from many generations back.

West Mediterranean (Keltiberid), Baskid, and Atlantic/Atlantid are slight variations of the same phenotypes that belong to the same (former) Human clade/subspecies once predominant all over Western and Atlantic Europe, now centered mostly in the Iberian Peninsula and The Americas (and a little bit in the rest of Western Europe,particularly but not exclusively in France; as well as North Africa and the British Isles )and which is now largely absorbed within the Europoid genetic cluster .

So when you look at a so called Atlantomed or Gracile med what you are looking is pretty much the same phenotype in two slightly different forms. The more enlongated and slightly taller gets branded (rather randomly) Atlantomed (Or Atlantid if it is particularly light complexed) whereas the slighlt more gracile one gets called "West Med" or Gracil. The more robust types get called "Berid" and those with faux Dinaric noses and sharper bone structure get called Baskid. The truth is, any Spanish family can produce various children , one looking more gracile , the other more robust, and another one slightly taller and slender or with a "baskid" face. They all belong to the same phenotype and that's why most people already say Atlantomed or simply Atlantic.

Also the guy in question has a very long face, so even if you go by these pseudo tags (gracil/atlantic) he'd still be mostly branded Atlantic.

Venpell
12-08-2014, 07:04 PM
The more robust types get called "Berid"

I don't get it, why is this? I've more robust features and big face/head/even body and look much closer to the Brunn composite used on this forum than to the Berid. We can certainly have both here, with Berids being more common.

And what is your Atlantid+ Imperial taxonomy btw?

Raikaswinþs
12-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't get it, why is this? I've more robust features and big face/head/even body and look much closer to the Brunn composite used on this forum than to the Berid. We can certainly have both here, with Berids being more common.

That's because Berid/Graile/Baskid/Atlantic/Atlantid are made up words, some of them in the XIXth century by long outdated anthropologists (such as Coon...well, mainly Coon) whereas others simply Anthronerds have came up with them in order to support the idea that every small variation within one phenotype can be attributed to some kind of genetic imput from a different "race". It requires all sort of mental gymnastics, patience and boredom to take all of that seriously or believe it is an actual meaningfull classification...but many people in TA are very derailed.

If you are as you have described, most probably you are just a robust Atlantic , unless you have some recessive imput from another area, for which only really a genetic test can let you know. But before you spend your money, just look at your faily tree. If all you see is Iberia, Iberia and Iberia, the odds are that you are just a Robust Atlantic type.

And what is your Atlantid+ Imperial taxonomy btw? Atlantid as in Atlantic or Atlantomed (The most common type in Iberia, but also present in smaller numbers in some other spots in Europe). Relatively long face, medium built, slender, decent bone structure (but not as robust as a Brunn)

Imperial comes to say the same than the previous but it narrows it down to the types found in Iberia, a region that has been part or centre of some of the most important European, Mediterranean and world Empires for millenia.

I actually borrwed the term from one of the races in The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion which I used to play a lot in the mid-late 2000's and I found it suitiable.

Don't take it too seriously, it is classic Apricity Profile banter for the lols (I know, some people really believe that they can be "classified" and that this classification "matters")