PDA

View Full Version : Map of Body Hair in Populations

Shepherd
12-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Is this accurate? I always had the idea that Scandinavians were hairless on their bodies :confused:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Bodyhair_map_according_to_American_Journal_of_Phys ical_Anthropology_and_other_sources.jpg

KawaiiKawaii
12-09-2014, 03:36 AM
I think it has to do with their body hair being blond, so not so visible.

SardiniaAtlantis
12-09-2014, 03:37 AM
I could shave an exact replica of this map on my chest for you.

FeederOfRavens
12-09-2014, 03:44 AM
It's blond body hair so you can't see it

Shepherd
12-09-2014, 03:46 AM
Understood. Does the rest of the map look accurate as well?

Katariina
12-09-2014, 05:43 AM
Can confirm that Nordic men are somewhat hairier. My father, brothers, etc. are all Finnish and they grow the thickest blonde beards, hair, and body hair compared to others. I remember reading that blonde hair/light hair grows faster and have the most hair too.

My bro looks like a lighter-haired twin of that Ragnar Lodbrok actor, and grew a full on viking beard in like, 6-8 months. He named his beard "Skeggi" :laugh: which is literally beard in Icelandic. Boy was he sad when he had to shave it off (for job reasons).

...So yeah, in conclusion, Nordic men are hair-fairies.

Gustave H
12-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Looks pretty accurate to me.

RighNick
12-09-2014, 05:58 AM
What exactly is the map showing? The percentage of people who are "hairy"? If so, how do they define that? Or is it the percent of an average male body covered by hair?

The general trends look right,, I'm just a little confused about what metric they've used to measure "hairiness"

lyllo
12-09-2014, 06:06 AM
in terms of hairiness

Greeks >>>>>>>>>>> Italians/Iberians >>>>>>>> Central Europeans >> British>>>>> Scandinavians >>>>> Baltics/Russians

Dominus
12-09-2014, 06:20 AM
in terms of hairiness

Greeks >>>>>>>>>>> Italians/Iberians >>>>>>>> Central Europeans >> British>>>>> Scandinavians >>>>> Baltics/Russians

Italians/Iberians? Why on earth would you put them together? S Italians and C Italians even cluster with Greek Islanders... This is how it likely would be:

Greek Islanders/S Italians/Maltese, Greeks (mainland), then Iberians and NORTH Italians.

lyllo
12-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Italians/Iberians? Why on earth would you put them together? S Italians and C Italians even cluster with Greek Islanders... This is how it likely would be:

Greek Islanders/S Italians/Maltese, Greeks (mainland), then Iberians and NORTH Italians.

Pontics and Cypriots are also Greek. As a whole, they are more hairy.

Sarmatian
12-09-2014, 06:24 AM
in terms of hairiness

Greeks >>>>>>>>>>> Italians/Iberians > Scandinavians >>>>> Central Europeans > British>Baltics/Russians

Fixed. And the only reason Scandinavians are behind Meds is their hair is light so the impression is they are less hairy.

Dominus
12-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Pontics and Cypriots are also Greek. As a whole, they are more hairy.

Hmmmm probably so, because the N Italian would skew the results. If you compare S Italian to ethnic mainland greeks though, it's not even a competition. Also... No reason to put Iberians and Italians together though. Think about this. N Italians plot with Iberians but Central and Southern DO NOT... They wouldn't plot together at all, as countries, if you average them off... They should never be mentioned together. Greeks and Italians cluster MUCH closer, even on average, as countries. The average would be around the Tuscan average, if you look at it... which is NOT far from the Greek just more Western.

lyllo
12-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Fixed. And the only reason Scandinavians are behind Meds is their hair is light so the impression is they are less hairy.

No, Scandinavians barely can grow beards and they don't have chest hair. Also very thin leg hair and no arm hair.

lyllo
12-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Hmmmm probably so, because the N Italian would skew the results. If you compare S Italian to ethnic mainland greeks though, it's not even a competition. Also... No reason to put Iberians and Italians together though. Think about this. N Italians plot with Iberians but Central and Southern DO NOT... They wouldn't plot together at all, as countries, if you average them off... They should never be mentioned together. Greeks and Italians cluster MUCH closer, even on average, as countries. The average would be around the Tuscan average, if you look at it... which is NOT far from the Greek just more Western.

Anyway, that map is completely innaccurate

Dominus
12-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Anyway, that map is completely innaccurate

Agreed. Honestly... Swedish people for instance should not be so hairy on their map. They even cluster more eastward towards slavs on all PCAs so it shouldn't be this way.

There is NO WAY Sweden and Lebanon are on the same level.

Sarmatian
12-09-2014, 06:59 AM
No, Scandinavians barely can grow beards and they don't have chest hair. Also very thin leg hair and no arm hair.

I'm not really sure we're talking about same Scandos. Also anyone with weak ability to grow beards should be far behind Russians because Russians are famous for their thick beards.

Rugevit
12-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Is this accurate? I always had the idea that Scandinavians were hairless on their bodies :confused:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Bodyhair_map_according_to_American_Journal_of_Phys ical_Anthropology_and_other_sources.jpg

Scandinavians are not hairless. I don't believe Scandinavians are hairier than other Europeans and definitely not hairier than people of Caucasus.

Trun
12-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Hairiest people are South Caucasians, Kurds, Persians, Turks, Levantines.
Southeast Europeans (esp Greece and South Italy) and probably Iberians/South French follow, together with Caucasoids from Central/South Asia, also North Caucasians.

No idea about Scandinavians but they are probably less hairy than wogs.

From non-Caucasoids only Ainu people are hairy.

Epsilon
12-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Understood. Does the rest of the map look accurate as well?
Can't say I like Russian map. Kavkaz region (and contiguous countries like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan who are as hairy as it gets) being the same as the rest of the European part of Russia is just wrong I think. They also have Siberia and Far East to be no different than Mongolia or China for example, but at least 90% of people in those parts of Russia are no different from people in the European part.

Dynamo
12-09-2014, 08:23 AM
what's afghanistan then? I thought we were hairy

Dynamo
12-09-2014, 08:26 AM
I don't think this is accurate

Kalimtari
12-09-2014, 02:07 PM
http://www.ydalir.co.uk/gallery/2003/llangoll/beard_big.jpghttp://www.documentscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Greek-Orthodox-Priest.jpg

Pjeter Pan
12-09-2014, 02:14 PM
This is bullshit, how the fuck are Europeans hairy then Indians.

gold_fenix
12-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Well Spaniards for example in the forum we aren't specially hairy, exept perhaps Ojancanu, here there are plenty of North European or other nationalities who have thicker hair than me or bigger density of hair in the beard

Musso
12-09-2014, 02:23 PM
East Med gene all the way.

Stimpy
12-09-2014, 02:26 PM

I've almost never seen an adult Scandinavian man without chest/arm/leg hair.

Empecinado
12-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Well Spaniards for example in the forum we aren't specially hairy, exept perhaps Ojancanu, here there are plenty of North European or other nationalities who have thicker hair than me or bigger density of hair in the beard

I'm not specially hairy except for the beard, If not shaved I have a thick and extense beard that covers even part of my cheeks, like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ft9qzl4xZhQ/TsFzmySNCjI/AAAAAAAAFHA/vtZ0zenm5zo/s1600/Cop+camilo+cienfuegos+rid.jpg

LostInParadise
12-09-2014, 02:36 PM
hair in the body is good for a dad/uncle/grandpa, not for a boyfriend :no000000:

Stimpy
12-09-2014, 02:36 PM
what's afghanistan then? I thought we were hairy

The Afghans who do have hair are extremely hairy but then there's a minority of mongoloid(ish) looking people who almost don't have any hair at all that might lower the average.

Pjeter Pan
12-09-2014, 02:51 PM
hair in the body is good for a dad/uncle/grandpa, not for a boyfriend :no000000:

So you only date preadolescence boys? :D

Raikaswinþs
12-09-2014, 03:07 PM

En una escala del 1 al 5 seria un 2.5-3. Tengo una barba medio-que , y pelo en el pecho, pero el vientre y los brazos la densidad es bastante Baja, en las piernas estoy muy en la media,y nada de hombros, espalda , nariz... :D Claro que si me comparas con un inmerbe lampino con 0 testosterona.... :P

Longbowman
12-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Some people seem to be misreading. Black = hairier.

LostInParadise
12-09-2014, 03:30 PM
So you only date preadolescence boys? :D

no, I mean that is different figure of a father to me than a guy I like, maybe when I have 45 years I will not care that my boyfriend be hairy or even fat :eek:, provided it is a good father and husband .

and I mean I don't like exaggerate hairy, specially in the body, my type of guy is not a big woodcutter or dirty sweaty worker.

Cristiano viejo
12-09-2014, 03:47 PM
For me and compared with me someone so is very hairy

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGn8uotjQ-79i5rMgB14EYdBQP4bTifBJfIqdYXIO5cEsNDQZTVQ

Dynamo
12-09-2014, 08:41 PM
The Afghans who do have hair are extremely hairy but then there's a minority of mongoloid(ish) looking people who almost don't have any hair at all that might lower the average.

Oksy they're not extremely hairy lol but good point, hazaras uzbeks and other mongoloid influenced people would certainly lower the average

Shepherd
12-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Can't say I like Russian map. Kavkaz region (and contiguous countries like Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan who are as hairy as it gets) being the same as the rest of the European part of Russia is just wrong I think. They also have Siberia and Far East to be no different than Mongolia or China for example, but at least 90% of people in those parts of Russia are no different from people in the European part.

This is a map of native populations, not settlers

Peter Nirsch
12-09-2014, 09:34 PM

one of the dumbest maps I've ever seen in my life.
1)north african men are usually hairless as sissies;
2) Northern Europeans aren't particularly hairy;
3) The hariests are dinarid meds and east meds.

Hubal
12-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Kurds>E.Meds>Iranics>Other Meds

Dombra
12-09-2014, 09:54 PM
2) Northern Europeans aren't particularly hairy;

The map is not about the amount of hair in each country. It is is about the number of hairy people and the percentage of them. Some countries may have hairy apes but a big numbers of hairless men so their percentage will fall under Scandos whom most are evenly hairy. My body hair is nothing special but I will still contribute to Sweden´s over 70% results

Smaug
12-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Amerindians with body hair? Nae.

Cristiano viejo
12-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Amerindians with body hair? Nae.
Mexicans can be very hairy.

Smaug
12-09-2014, 10:02 PM

Because of their Iberian input aye?

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 10:03 PM

I have seen a few folks that look almost pure indios with full blown beards.

Smaug
12-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Well, maybe in the Americas they counted non-Indigenous too.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Well, maybe in the Americas they counted non-Indigenous too.

That's likely, otherwise the Americas would be yellow.

Ülev
12-26-2020, 05:18 PM
Uralische definitely less hairy than on that graphic

Benyzero
12-26-2020, 05:30 PM
Uralische definitely less hairy than on that graphic

Are uralische men capable of growing beards?

Demhat
12-26-2020, 05:31 PM
From my experience too Scandinavians are slightly hairier than Central Europeans. I think this map is about the total number of hair Follicles in this case it is probably quite accurate however I can't imagine Central Europeans being hairier than West Asian populations in visibility, because other factors like enviromental and hormones(testosterone) play also a role in the thickness and length of hair.

Ülev
12-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Are uralische men capable of growing beards?

ask travv, I can't, but I am Lithuanian :rolleyes:

Kamal900
12-26-2020, 05:41 PM
From my experience too Scandinavians are slightly hairier than Central Europeans. I think this map is about the total number of hair Follicles in this case it is probably quite accurate however I can't imagine Central Europeans being hairier than West Asian populations in visibility, because other factors like enviromental and hormones(testosterone) play also a role in the thickness and length of hair.

Levantines and Iranians are pretty hairy.

MandM
12-26-2020, 05:51 PM
i live in Sweden and what i have seen most men here are not hairy, now dosent mean there arent any but most are not, most dont have chest hair, and have very litle on legs and arms

Demhat
12-26-2020, 05:57 PM
Levantines and Iranians are pretty hairy.

hormones(like testosterone) and environment play definitely a role too.

From experience

[South Caucasus,Iranian Plateau,Mesopotamia, Greece, Anatolia,Levant,North-Central Indians] > [Italians, Iberians, North Caucasians/Georgians, South_Central Asians, South_Central Indians, Arabians, Northeast Africans] > [Scandinavians, French] > [Northwest Africans, Central Europeans, British, Balkan Slavs] > [East/Northeast Europeans]

Russians are a special case. I have seen Russians with virtually no hair to Russians rivaling West Asians and South Europeans. And I am not talking about Russians with Siberian, Central Asian or Caucasus background but ethnic Russians.

Gauthier
12-27-2020, 03:40 AM

Mexican from the blue region, here. :bounce

https://i.imgur.com/nYAoax8.png
https://i.imgur.com/Axl0TVo.png

The Blade
12-27-2020, 10:27 AM
Scandos can be quite hairy. Simply because their hair is lighter doesn't change the fact.
Good to finally see some correct claim about the Mongoloid race (it being the least hairy) on this forum, since a lot of posts come from Euro wannabe Mongols.