PDA

View Full Version : Which version of Jersey Shore looks Whiter?

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 05:45 PM
For shits and giggles, which version of Jersey Shore looks Whiter?

The American version?
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/913/OyJYJ6.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pdOyJYJ6j)

or

The Mexican version (Acapulco Shore)?
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/537/BYsgdf.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/exBYsgdfj)

Comment. xD

Sikeliot
12-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Jersey Shore is mostly overtanned people of mixed Italian and Hispanic descent.

alnortedelsur
12-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Both in equal measure.

Arbërori
12-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Well the American version has got somewhat Italian speaking Mexicans, so they're pretty much equal.

Even Snookie herself is Chilean so... I'd compare them with Geordie Shore, where they're all pretty much British and hotter.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Jersey Shore is mostly overtanned people of mixed Italian and Hispanic descent.

Why would an American tv show portray Italian Americans in such manner?

Production history
VH1 producer Anthony Beltempo proposed the idea of a show focusing on the "guido (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_(slang))" lifestyle for TV, in the form of a competition series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Shore_%28TV_series%29

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Well the American version has got somewhat Italian speaking Mexicans, so they're pretty much equal.

Even Snookie herself is Chilean so... I'd compare them with Geordie Shore, where they're all pretty much British and hotter.

According to their biography most of them are of Italian descent/ american euro mutts. No Mexicans.

Birth name: Paul DelVecchio

Date of Birth: July 5, 1980

Place of Birth: Providence, Rhode Island

Ethnicity: Italian

Pauly D, also known as DJ Pauly D, is an American television personality. He was born Paul DelVecchio, and is the son of Donna (DiCarlo) and Paul D. DelVecchio. He is of Italian descent.

Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi

Birth Place: Santiago, Chile

Date of Birth: 23 November, 1987

Ethnicity: Chilean

Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, as she is known on the reality show Jersey Shore, is an American television personality. She was born in Chile, and adopted by a family of Italian heritage. She stated in an interview that she has Spanish heritage and that she has not met her biological parents.

Birth Name: Michael Sorrentino

Hometown: West New Brighton,Staten Island, New York

Date of Birth: July 4, 1982

Ethnicity: Italian

The Situation is famous for his appearance in the reality TV show, Jersey Shore and season 11 of Dancing with the stars.

Birth Name: Jenni Farley

Birth Place: Franklin,Square,New York

Ethnicity: Spanish and Irish

The Jersey shore star is really not Italian, she is Spanish and Irish. She admitted on Fox with her co-star, Snooki that they aren’t actually Italian.

Birth Name:Ronnie Ortiz-Magro

Birth Place:Bronx,New York

Ethnicity: Puerto Rican And Italian

The Jersey Shore Reality Star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Is Half Puerto Rican And Half Italian Co-star Jenni “Jwoww” Farley Has Spoken Out For Ronnie and stated that He Is Half Puerto Rican And Italian!

Birth Name: Sammantha Giancola

Birth Place:Hazlet,New Jersey

Ethnicity: Italian, Greek

Sammi Sweetheart Is a TV Reality Star. She Is On Jersey Shore She Says She Is The Sweetest Bitch You”ll Ever Meet. She Was Born In Hazlet,New Jersey and She Is The Only Jersey Girl On Jersey Shore. She Is Proud To Be A Jersey Girl!

Vinny Guadagnino

Guadagnino was born and raised in Staten Island, New York, and comes from a traditional Italian-American family. His mother was born in Sicily, Italy, and his family's farm is visited during an episode in Jersey Shore's fourth season.[1]

Guadagnino is a graduate of Susan E. Wagner High School. He subsequently attended SUNY New Paltz and graduated from the College of Staten Island with a 3.9 GPA[1] and was a political aide for a New York State Assemblyman.

Angelina Pivarnick
Pivarnick resides in Staten Island, New York City. She is of Polish and Italian descent. Pivarnick worked as a bartender and as a dental assistant before becoming part of Jersey Shore in August 2009. Pivarnick is also a graduate of Susan E. Wagner High School

Deena Nicole Cortese
Cortese was born in the New Egypt section of Plumsted Township, New Jersey to Italian American parents.[citation needed] Cortese graduated from New Egypt High School and briefly attended Brookdale Community College. Cortese also has a sister, Joanie Maiorella, who was seen in multiple episodes throughout Season 5 of Jersey Shore.

dude
12-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Shows how obsessed LatinAmerica is with whiteness. Consider Jersey shore is a country that is mostly white while Mexico is mostly Mestizo, but I don't thin this is just in Mexico, it is all across the board.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Shows how obsessed LatinAmerica is with whiteness. Consider Jersey shore is a country that is mostly white while Mexico is mostly Mestizo, but I don't thin this is just in Mexico, it is all across the board.

The cast represents the middle/upper class in Mexico, which is the main audience this show targets, it is a pay tv show.

dude
12-09-2014, 07:05 PM
The cast represents the middle/upper class in Mexico, which is the main audience this show targets, it is a pay tv show.
Even worse. It shows the income inequality associated by race, again, this is not just Mexico but LatinAmerica in general.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Even worse. It shows the income inequality associated by race, again, this is not just Mexico but LatinAmerica in general.

I wouldn't say so, there are very few ''whites'' in Mexico, most folks in the middle/upper class tend to be predominantly european mestizos.

dude
12-09-2014, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't say so, there are very few ''whites'' in Mexico, most folks in the middle/upper class tend to be predominantly european mestizos.
I know. They are mostly the ones who held the power and resources after independence and grew up seeing the Amerindians as lower class and peasant type people.

Gustave H
12-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Mexican version.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 07:26 PM
I know. They are mostly the ones who held the power and resources after independence and grew up seeing the Amerindians as lower class and peasant type people.

Most of them ended up mixing with other mestizos. Many of those Whites I was telling you about are of recent Spanish ancestry.

dude
12-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Most of them ended up mixing with other mestizos. Many of those Whites I was telling you about are of recent Spanish ancestry.
Does this mean that in Mexico most of the upper classes are foreigners?

Ivan Kramskoï
12-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Mexicans, especially men.

Brzęczyszczykiewiczówna
12-09-2014, 07:33 PM
"Proud and tanned Guido" :D
http://www.guidofistpump.com/guido%20pix/guido04.jpg

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Does this mean that in Mexico most of the upper classes are foreigners?

No, like I said before, most of the midddle/upper class is formed of euro-mestizos (harnizos, castizos). And within the very few whites we have in Mexico many are of recent Spanish ancestry, post colonial era.

dude
12-09-2014, 07:39 PM
No, like I said before, most of the midddle/upper class is formed of euro-mestizos (harnizos, castizos). And within the very few whites we have in Mexico many are of recent Spanish ancestry, post colonial era.
I am trying to figure out how is that different from what I was saying.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
I am trying to figure out how is that different from what I was saying.

Haha. It's different since you are thinking the upper classes are mostly foreigners when I'm telling you they are not, most folks in the middle and upper classes are of mixed ancestry, euro-mestizos. Do I need to bring out my photo album? xD

dude
12-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Haha. It's different since you are thinking the upper classes are mostly foreigners when I'm telling you they are not, most folks in the middle and upper classes are of mixed ancestry, euro-mestizos. Do I need to bring out my photo album? xD
I said that 2 posts ago. The Euro Mestizo and Europeans are the people who took power after independence. Their descendants are now middle and upper classes, while the more Amerindian are the vast lower classes.
Don't forget I'm not a gringo who is clueless about this stuff.

Gauthier
12-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I said that 2 posts ago. The Euro Mestizo and Europeans are the people who took power after independence. Their descendants are now middle and upper classes, while the more Amerindian are the vast lower classes.
Don't forget I'm not a gringo who is clueless about this stuff.

Haha, right on, at least you try, man.

special
12-09-2014, 11:21 PM
I missed Acapulco Shore, but from that pic they obviously look "whiter"

LightHouse89
12-09-2014, 11:25 PM
All of them including the European variants of the show all are incels. LOL XD today's fashion is about making men look like women. So pathetic.

Faklon
12-11-2014, 04:00 AM
The first represents the stereotype patterns of US Americans.

The second represent the racial inferiority complexes of Latin Americans as shown in this case by the pictures you picked.

Ctwentysevenj
12-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Never seen any of those shows.

Bande Nere
12-11-2014, 08:42 AM
All of them can pass as lighter Ashkenazi Jews. MTV is a Jewish thing.

Antimage
12-11-2014, 09:03 AM
i don't think mexico and latin america in general is obsessed with whitness.

mexico is more obsessed with native americans imo. everytime i hear mexicans talk about their culture and history they are always like "aztecs this and mayans that" and they always cry about how the evil white man destroyed their amazing native american culture and took their lands etc. To me it seems like mexicans usually ignore that most of them have white blood as well and pretend to be full natives.

just because they show white people on their telenovelas that doesn't mean they want to be white. turkish soap operas also show white turks but turks don't give a fuck about being white at all. the concept of whiteness that exist in americans don't exist in turkey. They show white people on their soap operas cuz white people make the show look more american, more western, more hollywood , more serious etc.

also the bolivian president made anti white/european comments some time ago if i remember correctly (Not surprising since bolivia is such a native country). then there are those countries like venezuela, colombia, ecuador etc which clearly have significant black and native american blood and i don't think those are white obsessed either

in brazil the census show more white people than there really are, but that's not because they wan't to be white, but because they have a different definition for whiteness. predominantly white guys who still show clear non white influence like kaka and oscar are considered white there

the only 2 countries which i believe are white obsessed are argentina and uruguay. according to census they are 95% white but everyone can see they are much more native american than that

but that's just my opinion, feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong

Gauthier
12-11-2014, 01:10 PM
The first represents the stereotype patterns of US Americans.

The second represent the racial inferiority complexes of Latin Americans as shown in this case by the pictures you picked.

It's just a fun mockery of the ''who looks whiter threads in this forum''. I'm the last one here with an inferiority complex... unlike many of your folks I don't have to be fighting to be considered white.

You are quick to judge people, take it easy buddy.