PDA

View Full Version : Classify Sicilian journalist Nino Rizzo Nervo

Panormus
12-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Born in Messina

http://www.primaonline.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Rizzo-Nervo-Nino-foto-Olycom.gif

http://www.europaquotidiano.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Nino_Rizzo_Nervo.png

http://www.articolo21.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/rizzonervo.jpg

Ianus
12-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Looks Alpine

acbrasil
12-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Didn't the Normans have control of Sicily at one point? Maybe a remnant from that...

Panormus
12-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Didn't the Normans have control of Sicily at one point? Maybe a remnant from that...

Vandals,Eruli,Goths,Normans and the Swabians stayed in Sicily for a total time of 450 years, during different ages

Sikeliot
12-11-2014, 08:36 PM
And their genetic impact was negligible.

I'd doubt his look is anything but native. If you believe people like this did not exist in Sicily in ancient times, you're sadly mistaken. They even exist in Greece.

Panormus
12-11-2014, 08:49 PM

I'd doubt his look is anything but native. If you believe people like this did not exist in Sicily in ancient times, you're sadly mistaken. They even exist in Greece.

Why do you always get so nervous when i post a Sicilian who isn't tanned like the Sicilians you love to post?

Tooting Carmen
12-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Alpine-Borreby.

Sikeliot
12-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Why do you always get so nervous when i post a Sicilian who isn't tanned like the Sicilians you love to post?

I'm not. But to call his look "Norman" is BS when Normans had little to no genetic impact. It's likely this look has been there since ancient times, and is Italic.

Sikeliot
12-11-2014, 08:53 PM

No, that's not why. There was ancient Indo-European influence in all of Europe, Sicily is no exception.. he looks Southern European with light eyes. Italic. No Norman, and in fact there is little to no Norman influence. He looks Italian.

acbrasil
12-12-2014, 01:00 AM
No, that's not why. There was ancient Indo-European influence in all of Europe, Sicily is no exception.. he looks Southern European with light eyes. Italic. No Norman, and in fact there is little to no Norman influence. He looks Italian.

Thanks for replying, Sikeliot. It's nice to find some real Euro-minded Americans here. I thought I was the ONLY one!

I took a look at some of YOUR links. Excellent stuff!! Just remember, Italy is an extremely diverse country already. Beautiful women! Too much like Brazil - politically. 80% of my neighbors are Italian and they have the passport to prove it. I hope you have yours??

acbrasil
12-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Remind me tomorrow to tell you about my Italian "uncle" which I married into.
They guy speaks ZERO English and speaks Portuguese with a super-heavy Italian accent. He can't nasasilze "não" - all he can say is "Non! non!". Fact.

I haven't seen him or his sons in a lonnng time. He's super-white with light eyes like this reporter, but I reallly believe he is from the North. - almost 99% sure of it.

It's already tomorrow here. I need to go.

Ctwentysevenj
08-18-2016, 02:58 PM
Alpine-borreby

crazyladybutterfly
08-19-2016, 11:19 AM

there are people who clearly show germanic influence but i agree with you on this. he is just alpinid.. probably mostly indoeuropean(italic) influenced
at best he is swabian influenced , i dont see the scandinavian..