PDA

View Full Version : How many miles do you jog a week ?

Desaix DeBurgh
12-16-2014, 02:45 AM
How many miles do you jog a week ? I just started jogging again like a month and a half ago and I already run 30 miles a week or 6 miles a day at like a 9:40 pace (6.2 miles an hour), most the time, but during my jogs I also speed up to like an 8:30 pace (about 7 miles an hour) like 2-3 minutes out of every ten minutes. My goal is to run 12 miles a day, on the weekdays, and 14-22 miles a day on the weekend at like about 8 miles an hour or so. When I reach that goal I will run a marathon. Running a marathon is going to be harder for me then for the average marathon runner because my muscles will be bigger from doing significant resistance training. I've lost at least 16 (probably more since muscle weighs more than fat and I have gained muscle) pounds of fat in a month and a half. In like 3-4 months time I should have the body of a male underwear model. I also have the height of a model I am about 6 foot tall. If you are trying to have low body fat percentage, like a model, competitive running helps since competitive runners have low body fat percentages.

LightHouse89
12-16-2014, 02:48 AM
I don't care to run when I have a car.

Dictator
12-16-2014, 02:58 AM
All I can say is that it's a negative number.

Gustave H
12-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Not too many after purchasing my new Mercedes. :coffee:

Alenka
12-16-2014, 03:27 AM
First I gotta measure the distance from couch to fridge, and from couch to bathroom. Then multiply it by 2, to include the distance of returning to the couch. Then multiply by 3, because I guess on average that's the number of times a day I 'jog' to each destination. Then finally, multiply by 7 for days of the week.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-16-2014, 03:32 AM
I don't care to run when I have a car.

I hope you are being facetious because obviously most people don't jog for transportation purposes but for health reasons and to look good. I don't understand meatheads at my gym. My gym is called 'fitness factory' yet most of the meatheads don't use cardio machines such as treadmills and cannot even do pull ups. I don't think these retards know what it is to be physically fit. Right now I am doing all my running on a treadmill at my gym because it is winter and cold here. I used to not give a shit and I ran outside in cold, snow, rain, sleet and hot weather.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-16-2014, 03:41 AM
Not too many after purchasing my new Mercedes. :coffee:

The Fuhrer would be dissapointed since you are obviously not physically fit as a result.

Gustave H
12-16-2014, 03:46 AM
The Fuhrer would be dissapointed since you are obviously not physically fit as a result.

Disappointed* and he'd be fine with me since I am in pretty good shape. I'm not buff, but I am athletic, have abs, and exercise daily just not jogging.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-16-2014, 03:56 AM
Disappointed* and he'd be fine with me since I am in pretty good shape. I'm not buff, but I am athletic, have abs, and exercise daily just not jogging.

I see but jogging is the king of all cardiovascular exercise. No other cardio exercise beats it. The next best things are stuff such as rowing, swimming and biking. I don't what kind of exercising you do but you don't do any cardiovascular exercising then you are not in 'pretty good shape'. Part of being in shape includes stuff like your resting heart rate (the lower the more in shape you are. My resting heart rate is 60 which is really good but in the next months will lower to the 50s) and your VO2 max which all are improved by cardiovascular exercise. VO2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake, peak oxygen uptake or maximal aerobic capacity) is the maximum rate of oxygen consumption as measured during incremental exercise, most typically on a motorized treadmill.Maximal oxygen consumption reflects the aerobic physical fitness of the individual, and is an important determinant of their endurance capacity during prolonged, sub-maximal exercise. The name is derived from V - volume, O2 - oxygen, max - maximum.

Gustave H
12-16-2014, 03:58 AM
I see but jogging is the king of all cardiovascular exercise. No other cardio exercise beats it. The next best things are stuff such as rowing, swimming and biking. I don't what kind of exercising you do but you don't do any cardiovascular exercising then you are not in 'pretty good shape'. Part of being in shape includes stuff like your resting heart rate (the lower the more in shape you are) and your VO2 max which all are improved by cardiovascular exercise. VO2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake, peak oxygen uptake or maximal aerobic capacity) is the maximum rate of oxygen consumption as measured during incremental exercise, most typically on a motorized treadmill.[1][2] Maximal oxygen consumption reflects the aerobic physical fitness of the individual, and is an important determinant of their endurance capacity during prolonged, sub-maximal exercise. The name is derived from V - volume, O2 - oxygen, max - maximum.

Point taken. I'll try to squeeze some jogging into my schedule. :thumb001:

SkyBurn
12-16-2014, 04:01 AM
Lol @ the imperial system.

zhaoyun
12-16-2014, 04:17 AM
Every time I jog, I jog for about 4.5 miles. I jog about 4X a week, so doing the math, about 18 miles a week I suppose.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Every time I jog, I jog for about 4.5 miles. I jog about 4X a week, so doing the math, about 18 miles a week I suppose.

Yeah, jogging like 4 miles a day is all someone needs to do in order to keep healthy in terms of cardiovascular fitness if they are looking for the bare minimum amount to do and aren't at the other end of the spectrum like trying to run a marathon. If you reduced it from 4.5 to 4 and added 3 more days of jogging a week you would be doing fine. You don't have to reduce it, though, you could run 4.5 miles 7 days a week if you prefer.

Larali
05-27-2018, 11:30 PM
I was up to probably 15-20 miles a week but then I got plantar faciitis and I can't run right now. It's driving me crazy so here I am posting on stupid forums.

Bobby Martnen
05-27-2018, 11:34 PM
I never jog.