PDA

View Full Version : Which country is culturally the closest to Slovenia?

Wunderkind
12-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Vote and explain why

Arbėrori
12-23-2014, 06:35 AM
It depends on the region and which it influences have gone through various areas.

The north and some would argue centre have got quite a lot of German cultural influence, while the west, south west have Italian and north east has Hungarian. The Croatian influence is mostly Italian actually. Serbia is closer culturally to Albania, Bulgaria and Greece, but they do have strong Slavic affinities aswell.

Overall I would say Austria.

Jehan
12-24-2014, 08:06 AM
I think it's Italia but they are not in the poll.

Ctwentysevenj
02-01-2015, 06:01 AM
Even their traditional dress, it looks quite Austrian.

Borna
02-01-2015, 06:04 AM
Us, Croats, specially Northern Croats.

AverageKorhonen
02-01-2015, 06:53 AM
I think it's Italia but they are not in the poll.

Why?

AverageKorhonen
02-01-2015, 06:53 AM
Us, Croats, specially Northern Croats.

Could you elaborate on that?

AverageKorhonen
02-01-2015, 06:55 AM
It depends on the region and which it influences have gone through various areas.

The north and some would argue centre have got quite a lot of German cultural influence, while the west, south west have Italian and north east has Hungarian. The Croatian influence is mostly Italian actually. Serbia is closer culturally to Albania, Bulgaria and Greece, but they do have strong Slavic affinities aswell.

Only well explained opinion until now. Congrats, Albo.

Ctwentysevenj
03-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Slovenia were part of the Austro-Germanic empire for hundreds of empire, only became part of the South Slave federation for 70 years. Only became independent since 1992. Overall Austria. When they were part of the Austrian empire, many of the people in the main cities were ethnic Germans.

Tea Logar
07-18-2015, 08:49 AM
As Arbėrori said depends on the region. I'm from Upper Carniola and I don't feel that much difference between us and Austria. Austria feels pretty homely to me. Upper Carniolians love cycling, being active, hiking. Some are pretty obsessed with having pretty garden and house. We are also a bit introverted.

Permafrost
07-19-2015, 10:56 AM
As Arbėrori said depends on the region. I'm from Upper Carniola and I don't feel that much difference between us and Austria. Austria feels pretty homely to me. Upper Carniolians love cycling, being active, hiking. Some are pretty obsessed with having pretty garden and house. We are also a bit introverted.

Gurenka?

Še ena ut najtabolših :cool:

Tea Logar
07-19-2015, 04:00 PM
Tko je :D

Jana
07-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Austria. I see big difference between Croats and Slovenes, and we are culturally closest South Slavs to them. !

cocoNN
07-22-2015, 08:26 AM
Austria.

National dress, national music, even food is more Central European than Italian/Croatian.

Prism
07-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Well my grandfather would always say that Slovenians were different from the rest of Yugoslavians. Basically they were the black sheep of Ex-Yugoslavia and they don't have that friendly Balkanic attitude and that they were "cold" like Austrians.
Also they got really offended by being labelled as Balkan and Slavic too.

I've never met a Slovenian except on here. So I can't really say, but my Grandfather was a Yugoslav diplomat so he knows ex-Yugoslavia well.

So I'd say Austria. They seem different to us in all honesty, they integrated in EU really early, so they seem Western European to me.

Kamal900
07-22-2015, 09:20 AM
I think with the northern Croatians and central Europeans generally.

katniss
07-22-2015, 09:41 AM

Only well explained opinion until now. Congrats, Albo.

Her explanation is complete nonsense.

Permafrost
07-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Her explanation is complete nonsense.

His* explanation makes actually a lot of sense and his qualifications are high, since he lives in Slovenia. Except for the omitted fact that maybe the centre-east and some parts of the south have a lot of German influence since they hosted a German minority before it was cleansed by the Yugo-murderers after WWII.

Unless you are referring to the part where he mentions Serbia.

Prism
07-22-2015, 09:59 AM
His* explanation makes actually a lot of sense and his qualifications are high, since he lives in Slovenia. Except for the omitted fact that maybe the centre-east and some parts of the south have a lot of German influence since they hosted a German minority before it was cleansed by the Yugo-murderers after WWII.

I can't say much because I don't know anything about Slovenia, but if you say he explained it well, then he sure did.
Don't listen to this clueless moron of a woman, she knows nothing and the only reason she disapproves with his post is because Arberori is Albanian.

Albanians can't know more about a Slavic country than a Serb because all Slavs are Serbs remember ? :laugh:

katniss
07-22-2015, 11:33 AM

You are half German half Slovenian of nazi orientation. Why do you speak on behalf of Slovenians?

Despite the bloody war and break-up of Yugoslavia, most people from former Yugoslavia do not consider as foreigners other people from the former Yugoslavia. Also, people from other Slavic countries are much closer to ex Yugoslavs than Austrians or Italians. Austrians and Italians are foreigners, so that "cultural influence" is just abstract term in this case.

Everyone who said something different is just lier with vivid imagionation or uniformed person who does not know anything about ex Yugoslavia.

That feeling should not be confused with friendship. For instance, the Russians and Ukraians are the similar nations, but Russia and Ukraina are at war currently.
Most Serbs consider Greece as the "greatest friend" of Serbia. Russia is also considered as a friendly country and historic protector of Serbia. Greeks and Serbs have similar mentality. Also, the mentality of Croats and other ex Yugoslavs are more similar to Greek mentality than German mentality.

Croats and Slovenians have no historical friends, but Croats and Slovenians of nazi orientation personally feel close to Germany and Austria. It is more servility and a feeling of inferiority than friendship or closeness of mentality, culture etc.

Some people from Adriatic coast consider themselves "Mediterraneans" and feel close to Italy.

I cannot see any similarity between Albania and Serbia. There is no similarity in national costumes, customs, mentality, culture or anyone else. Of course, there is no historic friendship.

Borna
07-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Croats and Slovenians have no historical friends,

And how did you come by this brilliant conclusion? Do you want me to remind you how many foreign volunteers were in Croatia during 90's ?
Do you want to me to remind you about Hungarian,Austrian,German,Irish support ?

but Croats and Slovenians of nazi orientation personally feel close to Germany and Austria. It is more servility and a feeling of inferiority than friendship or closeness of mentality, culture etc.

:picard1:

While my ancestors were dancing Waltz, yours were selling pigs, trying to escape from one nahija to another, or to enter AH like modern immigrants, and trying to pass quarantine in Semlin or Vinkovci.

katniss
07-22-2015, 02:41 PM
@viribus unitis

I wrote a sincere and true post. You answered with some fairy tales with the intention to delude uninformed persons.

A majority of Croats were very poor peasants during the 19th century and first half of the 20th century. Of course, it is not something shameful. It has nothing to do with modern times.

According to your post in Croatian language, you are still depending on parents for money. Something like that is almost impossible in Germanic countries. Balkanic, Slavic or Germanic mentality?

On the basis of your post in Croatian language and private corespodation with you I can conclude that you are primitive, aggressive and vulgar person without manners. Even your friend Feiichi told me in private message that you are an aggressive person prone to insults. You don't even know Croatian grammar and spelling. It is typical for uneducated persons.

While my ancestors were dancing Waltz...

:picard1:
Really. I am impressed by that fact. Even if it is true, who care about it. I could not care less.

Jana
07-22-2015, 02:45 PM
You trying to equal Slovenia with Balkanic nations is funny. They share nothing with you, and even little with Croatia. Slovenia is alpine Central European country most similar to Austria.

Borna
07-22-2015, 02:50 PM
A majority of Croats were very poor peasants during the 19th century and first half of the 20th century. Of course, it is not something shameful. It has nothing to do with modern times.

While Serbia was full of academics, highly educated people pushing the wheel of industrialization :whoo:

According to your post in Croatian language, you are still depending on parents for money. Something like that is almost impossible in Germanic countries. Balkanic, Slavic or Germanic mentality?

Mentality of a person who left home at 16 and then hit the ground. You have no clue about my life, nor what i have been trough (I lost parent when i was 15) so please stop with your BS.

On the basis of your post in Croatian language and private corespodation with you I can conclude that you are primitive, aggressive and vulgar person without manners.

I just have the soft spot for Serbs spreading propaganda.

Even your friend Feiichi told me in private message that you are an aggressive person prone to insults.

Wrong.

You don't even know Croatian grammar and spelling. It is typical for uneducated persons.

I wasn't the best in school , i give you that, but at least i am not using drugs.

Permafrost
07-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Well people congratulations, another Slovene thread turned into a... perturbed state of the atmosphere involving fecal matter, as those who adoperate a vernacular language register would say. This one is the 3rd in the Slovenian sub-forum I believe, keep up the good work.

You are half German half Slovenian of nazi orientation. Why do you speak on behalf of Slovenians?

I am somewhat flattered that you did research on my humble person, however you did a poor job, I am not half-German by a longshot. What I am is irrelevant, and I disclosed my identity only to the Slovenes I have in my friend's list, my 'kin' are the only ones that matter to me in this regard and it is nobody else's bussiness.

I do not speak on behalf of any Slovene whatsoever, I simply made a further elucidation on a previous post about Slovenia's cultural affinity, based on my knowledge travelling across the country. An Albanian travelling across all of Slovenia would have just as valid credentials as I, or anyone else in this matter I believe; you made a fallacious point.

As for being Nazi, part of my family were footsloggers for the occupation regime in Slovenia, I have no shame that some of my relatives fought against communists. But I'm far from being a Nazi, I think it's mostly you misunderstanding my tongue-in-cheek remarks.

Despite the bloody war and break-up of Yugoslavia, most people from former Yugoslavia do not consider as foreigners other people from the former Yugoslavia. Also, people from other Slavic countries are much closer to ex Yugoslavs than Austrians or Italians. Austrians and Italians are foreigners, so that "cultural influence" is just abstract term in this case.

Everyone who said something different is just lier with vivid imagionation or uniformed person who does not know anything about ex Yugoslavia.

In some macrocultural segments, Slovenia might be inevitably tied to ex-Yugoslav countries, after all, Slovenes lived side by side with them for almost a century, and Serbo-Croatian (BEFORE THE CROATS LYNCH ME, yes it is an artificial and meaningless term, but it was lingva franca in Yugoslavia) television, radio and so on was shoved down the gullet of the average Slovene, until he started to speak the language. Of course, if someone from the other republics came to Slovenia, let's say on a business trip, the Slovene side was forced to speak Serbo-Croatian (discrimination of the worst kind btw).

But in most aspects, Slovenia is closer to a mittel-European cultural group. Music, folk costumes, dances, food, religion, customs etc. there is virtually no overlap between Slovenia and Balkan countries. After all, Slovene duchies lived under Austrian overlordship for more than 500 years. Ask some Carinthian German members, if they consider Carinthian Slovenes closer to Austrian or to Bosniaks/Serbs/Makos.

Ex-Yugoslavs are very much foreigners, Balkan immigrants in Ljubljana stick out like wildfire, they brought there foreign stuff like cuisine for example. No Slovenian ate Borek or chevapchichi or stuff like that (and I hope Slovenes will boycott this stuff). When they open their mouth, basically you can detect outright Slovene is not their native tongue.

Croats and Slovenians have no historical friends, but Croats and Slovenians of nazi orientation personally feel close to Germany and Austria. It is more servility and a feeling of inferiority than friendship or closeness of mentality, culture etc.

Some people from Adriatic coast consider themselves "Mediterraneans" and feel close to Italy.

No servility at all, Austria, until the 19th century, was a a very benevolent ruler, the Slovene duchies prospered under Wienna's leadership. Slovene language was also respected.

I will not respond to your chekist 'Nazi' accusation, 'tis mostly your own reductio ad hitlerum arguments which warrant no attention.

I cannot see any similarity between Albania and Serbia. There is no similarity in national costumes, customs, mentality, culture or anyone else. Of course, there is no historic friendship.

I believe you. Likewise, I see no similarity between southern Croatia and Serbia with Slovenia (except maybe Vojvodina and Prekmurje).

Arbėrori
07-22-2015, 05:20 PM

His descent speaks for himself.

Slovenes consider other Yugoslavs as foreigners in their country, not necessarily hateful, but still. An actual Slovenes lifestyle which is not influenced by Turbo folk is more similar to Italians or Austrians and I can vouch for this since I live here. Of course there are similarities with Yugoslavs due to a shared linguistic origin but Slovenes are as central European as it gets.

Ex Yugoslavia is dead and long gone, most people here don't care about it except for some nostalgic elders, people criticize the European union all the time yet alone a southern Slavic one (which Yugoslavia itself wasn't).

That feeling should not be confused with friendship. For instance, the Russians and Ukraians are the similar nations, but Russia and Ukraina are at war currently.
Most Serbs consider Greece as the "greatest friend" of Serbia. Russia is also considered as a friendly country and historic protector of Serbia. Greeks and Serbs have similar mentality. Also, the mentality of Croats and other ex Yugoslavs are more similar to Greek mentality than German mentality.

Friendship has nothing to do with cultural similarities indeed, religion itself neither. To claim a similar mentality with Greeks due to the Orthodox religion itself is laughable.

Not speaking of historical orientations, most Slovenes view Germany/Austria as the perfect place to live and have no issue with the German language itself. They're also one of the most popular skiing destinations after Italy. To understand the life of simple people you have to think with a ''simple'' mind.

:lol:

Kanun -> Dusan's code, Highlanders (specifically Montenegro region), tribal families, lahuta -> gusli, Ottoman influenced vocabulary, cuisine & many, many other ones. Honestly, most visitors don't have an extra Slavic feel when they visit the areas of ex Yugoslavia and you share many cultural similarities with us due to common non-Slavic Paleo-Balkanite ancestors.

Bosnjakinja
07-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Austria. Not even Zagorje Croats are that close to Slovenes mentally, not to mention those in Slavonia or Dalmatia.

That's not to say that those regions (or any other country) is worse than Slovenia. Just not culturally most similar.

Permafrost
07-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Austria. Not even Zagorje Croats are that close to Slovenes mentally, not to mention those in Slavonia or Dalmatia.

That's not to say that those regions (or any other country) is worse than Slovenia. Just not culturally most similar.

What do you mean by mentally? Mentally as we can't communicate telepathically or have a hive mind or some sci-fi stuff? :confused:

Music from Zagorje is very similar to the style played over the border, language is similar to those dialects of south Slovenia, as are the looks of the people. Many people in some parts of Zagorje and Gorski Kotr have Slovene ancestry, just as people in Dolenjska have Croat ancestry because of the population exchange during Ottoman times.

I listen to music from Zagorje very often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svtDZgeOVRw

щрбл
07-22-2015, 05:49 PM
How common is yodeling in Slovenia?

Rugevit
07-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Also they got really offended by being labelled as Balkan and Slavic too.

Maybe offended by being labelled as people of the Balkans, but getting offended for being labelled as Slavic??? All Slovenes I met were identifying themselves as Slavs first and foremost.

Permafrost
07-22-2015, 05:59 PM
How common is yodeling in Slovenia?

There is no written, or oral, or any tiniest sliver of rumor that yodeling was present among the Slovene speaking population of the Alps.

щрбл
07-22-2015, 06:08 PM
There is no written, or oral, or any tiniest sliver of rumor that yodeling was present among the Slovene speaking population of the Alps.

That's really surprising! Actually, I had it for granted that yodeling had crossed the border, apparently not. :rolleyes:

Permafrost
07-22-2015, 06:34 PM
That's really surprising! Actually, I had it for granted that yodeling had crossed the border, apparently not. :rolleyes:

Jodlanje is present in the Slovene vocabulary, but has negative connotations. You can say nehi jodlat as in stop talking bullshit. Sometimes it is also used to refer to Balkan turbo-folk music.

But we have bagpipes in our folk music.

katniss
07-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Kanun -> Dusan's code, Highlanders (specifically Montenegro region), tribal families, lahuta -> gusli, Ottoman influenced vocabulary, cuisine & many, many other ones. Honestly, most visitors don't have an extra Slavic feel when they visit the areas of ex Yugoslavia and you share many cultural similarities with us due to common non-Slavic Paleo-Balkanite ancestors.[/FONT]

LOL
I heard of Albanian Kanun.
Your belief that something similar exists in Serbia is unbelievable and show a level of your ignorance.
You are actually completely incompetent for this discussion.
Kanun is a set of traditional Albanian laws. It was used under that form until the 20th century. It was forbidden during the communist regime and revived recently after the fall of the communist regime in the early 1990s.
Emperor Dusan's Law Codex (Zakonik cara Dušana) was one of the first laws in the medieval Europe.
The Code was based on Roman-Byzantine law. It was enacted by Serbian emperor Dušan in 1349. The use of the law has ceased with the collapse of the medieval Serbian state.
I cannot see any connection with Albanian Kanun. I cannot see influence of Emperor Dusan's Law Codex from 1349 on life in 21th century. Albanian Kanun has influence on Albanian society even today.
Highlanders? I don't understand. There are highlanders in Switzerland also.
Tribes? There were historical tribes in Montenegro, as in many other areas in world. So what?
Turkish loanwords are used in every country that was under Ottoman rule. In modern times, most of Turkish loanwords are replaced by Slavic words.

Honestly, most visitors don't have an extra Slavic feel when they visit the areas of ex Yugoslavia and you share many cultural similarities with us due to common non-Slavic Paleo-Balkanite ancestors.

Don't make me laugh.
There are no greater Serb - haters on this forum than Albanians. At the same time you are trolling Serb and trying to prove that Albanians and Serbs have the same ancestors.
Paleo Balkanite population was destroyed and taken into slavery by Huns. Slavic population came to the area that was unpopulated. There were several waves of Slavic invasions in Balkan. That is why exist regional difference in the distribution of two Slavic haplogroups ( I and R1a haplogroups).

katniss
07-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Mentality of a person who left home at 16 and then hit the ground. You have a mentality of person prone to conflicts.

You have no clue about my life, nor what i have been trough (I lost parent when i was 15) so please stop with your BS.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Arbėrori
07-23-2015, 12:43 AM
LOL

My reaction exactly. :coffee:

I heard of Albanian Kanun.
Your belief that something similar exists in Serbia is unbelievable and show a level of your ignorance.
You are actually completely incompetent for this discussion.

Rather look at your incompetent ad hominems...

Kanun is a set of traditional Albanian laws. It was used under that form until the 20th century. It was forbidden during the communist regime and revived recently after the fall of the communist regime in the early 1990s.
Emperor Dusan's Law Codex (Zakonik cara Dušana) was one of the first laws in the medieval Europe.
The Code was based on Roman-Byzantine law. It was enacted by Serbian emperor Dušan in 1349. The use of the law has ceased with the collapse of the medieval Serbian state.
I cannot see any connection with Albanian Kanun. I cannot see influence of Emperor Dusan's Law Codex from 1349 on life in 21th century. Albanian Kanun has influence on Albanian society even today.

The Kanun itself has preserved many Indo-European prehistoric elements yet alone Byzantine... I did not say they're the same law or derive from each other but clearly indicates quite a similarity, considering the fact it was promulgated in Skopje which had a notable Albanian presence or are you going to throw in some Caucasus theory? :lol:

Highlanders? I don't understand. There are highlanders in Switzerland also.
Tribes? There were historical tribes in Montenegro, as in many other areas in world. So what?

One only has to look at the surnames of Montenegrin highlanders to see that it correlates with the Albanian ones in the area. The tribal families in the Balkans are clearly different from the rest of the world, don't try to divulge from the subject.

Turkish loanwords are used in every country that was under Ottoman rule. In modern times, most of Turkish loanwords are replaced by Slavic words.

So loanwords are not a cultural similarity? Then please, enlighten me... Of course there are Slavic words for the loanwords but Turkish ones are predominately used and you know it, especially in Southern Serbia.

Don't make me laugh.

That's your part.

There are no greater Serb - haters on this forum than Albanians. At the same time you are trolling Serb and trying to prove that Albanians and Serbs have the same ancestors.
Paleo Balkanite population was destroyed and taken into slavery by Huns. Slavic population came to the area that was unpopulated. There were several waves of Slavic invasions in Balkan. That is why exist regional difference in the distribution of two Slavic haplogroups ( I and R1a haplogroups).

I'm not trolling anyone... The fact Serbs have native ancestors is present in the rest of your haplogroups, don't worry, I'm the last person here to associate myself with Serbs, but be realistic, you don't really resemble your Russian or Ukrainian ancestors, that's where the natives kicked in. As of the area being unpopulated, that is rather ignorant. Where did Albanians come from? Romanians? Vlachs? Greeks? Several waves has nothing to do with this, don't delude yourself any further.

Borna
07-23-2015, 12:59 AM
Slovenia is Balkanic as Slovakia is.
Stop this nonsense. Fact that there are too many Balkanites in Slovenia don't change the fact that Slovenia originally, and true SLOVENES (Not Serb,Albanian,Bosnian immigrants) are central Europeans by blood, by culture and behavior and mentality.

It is very sad that Slovenia got balkanized.

katniss
01-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Many in Slovenia yearn for old Yugoslavia
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1573974/Many-in-Slovenia-yearn-for-old-Yugoslavia.html
"As Slovenia prepares to take on the presidency of the European Union growing numbers of Slovenes are yearning for the old Yugoslavia.
The phenomenon of Jugonostalgija has come to Slovenia despite the country's successful entry to the euro, the first of the new EU countries to join, and after 17 years of independence.
Slovenia is hailed as a great Balkan success story and a glowing EU example for the other countries of the former Communist Yugoslavia that collapsed amid civil war in the 1990s.
But many Slovenes look back longingly with "Yugo-nostalgia" to the days before EU membership.
Marco Sporar, a 21-year-old business student who studies in the capital Ljubljana, said he understood why posters of Yugoslavia's founding leader and Second World War hero Marshal Josip Broz Tito are appearing again on the walls of many Slovene homes.
"I have a picture of Tito at home, my mother worships him," he said. "It was easier to get a job then, now everything is about money."
Doubts remain about whether the EU will bring Balkans countries, such as Slovenia and Serbia, together or heal the wounds of past conflicts in the former Yugoslavia."

Antimage
01-06-2017, 07:00 PM
western lithuania, by far imo

katniss
01-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Slovenia is Balkanic as Slovakia is.
Stop this nonsense. Fact that there are too many Balkanites in Slovenia don't change the fact that Slovenia originally, and true SLOVENES (Not Serb,Albanian,Bosnian immigrants) are central Europeans by blood, by culture and behavior and mentality.

It is very sad that Slovenia got balkanized.

First of all, there is no such thing as Balkan culture, mentality or similar. Balkan is just unclear, almost imaginary, geopolitical term, nothing else.
Term Balkan is infamous itself more than any country situated on the Balkan, so every fool from Somalia to the some ex communistic countries (Hungary, Belorussia...) which were much worst than former Yugoslavia in every aspect from standard of living to the housing conditions, have opportunity to feel some sort of fake superiority when talking about so called "Balkan".
It is ridiculous belief of some individuals who think if they put their country somewhere outside of the so called "Balkan", it would change something. For instance, Croats with very distinct feeling of rivalry or competition with Serbs think if they put Croatia in "central Europe" or "western Europe" and left Serbia in "Balkan" (then start to spit on so called "Balkan"), it would instantly make Croatia more brilliant, advanced... whatever.... than Serbia.
They know very well that they cannot compete with Serbs in any aspect of culture (literature, science, art, medieval history and culture...), so the only way they can make themselves "better" than Serbs is connecting Croatia with Austro-Hungary and spreading lies and fairy tales about some supposedly different and higher culture which Croatia belongs, unlike Serbia.
There is almost desperate wish of some Croatian forum members to connect themselves with the nations that they consider "higher" than themselves. Croatian forum members demonstrated many times such pathetic lack of any self respect and complex of inferiority, sometimes with the support of this shameless Belorussian fool:

Maybe offended by being labelled as people of the Balkans, but getting offended for being labelled as Slavic???

Cool Story Bro
09-07-2017, 02:05 PM
They know very well that they cannot compete with Serbs in any aspect of culture (literature, science, art, medieval history and culture...), so the only way they can make themselves "better" than Serbs is connecting Croatia with Austro-Hungary and spreading lies and fairy tales about some supposedly different and higher culture which Croatia belongs, unlike Serbia.
There is almost desperate wish of some Croatian forum members to connect themselves with the nations that they consider "higher" than themselves. Croatian forum members demonstrated many times such pathetic lack of any self respect and complex of inferiority, sometimes with the support of this shameless Belorussian fool:

Even this Slovenian thread you managed to pollute. Inferiority complexes shown yet again.

Ülev
09-07-2017, 02:08 PM
in my opinion Slovakia, I read, watch and listen Slovenian medias and comments under the texts

MinervaItalica
09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
It is not Italy...

Maybe only because the region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia.

Imo Austria. Slovenia has been part of Austria during most of its history.

Stears
09-07-2017, 02:24 PM
It is Austria.

brennus dux gallorum
09-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Austria, and it's not only the Austrian dominance over Slovenia, but also the fact that they were positive to this dominance and to get affected by it

I recently watched a documentary about Slovenia, and many elders were even going to schools in neighboring Austrian towns when they were young

Other countries under Austrian dominance were not affected that much

Ülev
09-07-2017, 02:35 PM
they culture is closer to austrian one, but their soul / mentality is still closer to Slovaks

Сербо Макеридов
09-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Austria.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-31-2018, 02:02 PM
southern austria and northwest croatia. other options don't make sense

Ayetooey
12-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Austria/Hrvatska.

nittionia
12-31-2018, 02:21 PM
austria and slovaks imoooooo

Papastratosels26
12-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Austria

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-31-2018, 02:46 PM
austria and slovaks imoooooo

how are slovaks similar to slovenians culturally ?

ta-priden
04-18-2019, 07:32 PM

Yeah WTF we are not even neighbors actually, the same applies to Serbia, we have no real connection to them appart of the slavic language. Slovenia is an alpine-adriatic country, so our closest nieghbors are the bordering regions of Italy, Austria and Croatia. Hungary is a neighbor too, but I know close to nothing about them.

Ülev
04-18-2019, 07:39 PM
Austria

Carpatz
04-18-2019, 08:03 PM

Their names are similar so they must be alike :rolleyes:

Ice
04-18-2019, 08:05 PM
I don't know.. Croatia?

Blondie
04-19-2019, 12:24 AM
Austria for sure

Ülev
06-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Austria

it seems I voted wrong in the poll

Nurzat
06-04-2019, 07:01 PM
you have a typo in the title, you wrote Slovnia instead of Slovakia.. and then there is no Slovakia or whatever... I know two countries: Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia. period