PDA

View Full Version : What do you squat?

Tacitus
12-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Other than deadlifts, squats are the true measure of a man's strength. Don't post 1RM but what you squat during your basic routine.

I'll start: 145kg (320 lbs) 5x5, no belt, no gloves, no straps

Shepherd
12-19-2014, 01:55 AM
non-Slavs squatting is cultural appropriation and very offensive
http://i.imgur.com/oIWkgGU.jpg

Tacitus
12-19-2014, 01:59 AM
4plate 3x5/7/9 reverse pyramid style. 4plate first set (160) then decrease by 10 or 15 every subsequent set.

I used to do RPT but switched back to doing basic 5x5. Got tired of having to scavenge for plates after every set.

Tacitus
12-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Bump

Linebacker
12-19-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't squat.I have strong enough legs naturally to not stand out from the upper body.I just keep them in shape by running and marching long distances.

Reith
12-19-2014, 02:16 PM
3-4 plates depending on my training cycles or variation.

Working on my Overhead right now...

Corvus
12-19-2014, 02:20 PM
I squat with a brick of wood when running. 3 x 20 reps usually

Ultra
12-19-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't squat.I have strong enough legs naturally to not stand out from the upper body.I just keep them in shape by running and marching long distances.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOL. Spoken like a true pussy faggot with skinny legs who doesn't have the balls to squat.

Tacitus
12-19-2014, 02:55 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOL. Spoken like a true pussy faggot with skinny legs who doesn't have the balls to squat.

So what's your squat?

Linebacker
12-19-2014, 03:00 PM

Spoken like a true internet nerd who has never even touched a weight :D

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/48661_Nerd-Alertlow.jpg

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Spoken like a true internet nerd who has never even touched a weight :D

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/48661_Nerd-Alertlow.jpg
LMAO I know, not only that he speaks so feminen like a women lmao. Have you heard him speak before?

This is how he speaks, and this is how I imagine him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJAzs4u8Ic

Desaix DeBurgh
12-20-2014, 05:03 AM
Other than deadlifts, squats are the true measure of a man's strength. Don't post 1RM but what you squat during your basic routine.

I'll start: 145kg (320 lbs) 5x5, no belt, no gloves, no straps

I don't squat because I'm not trying to get big and bulky. I'm trying to look like an underwear model or like Brad Pitt in fight club : lean and muscular. Brad Pitt , for the movie, jogged and did upper body weight training. Squatting would interfere with my jogging I think. Also, deadlifts and squats are the true measure of a man's strength ? I don't think so. Pull ups are the true measure of a man's relative strength. It is also the exercise of choice of commandos and commandos could easily kill powerlifters (the kind of people that do squats) I do pull ups and bench press etc.. in my workouts. When I was in my early 20s and when I wanted to have huge muscles I was squatting like 400 and something or 500 and something pounds of olympic weights.; I can't remember exactly because that was like 14 years ago or so. Free weights too not with a smith machine.You see people benching 250+, squatting and deadlifting 300+ etc.. but not many of them can even do 10 pullups. I believe pullups are a true measure of relative strength. Notice I say 'relative'.

I'm trying to look more like this :

http://stronglifts.com/wp-content/uploads/brad-pitt-fight-club.jpg

I'm not trying to look like this :

http://www.criticalbench.com/images/josh6.jpg

Sehnsucht
12-20-2014, 05:10 AM
When I need to get 12 reps in I will squat 30 lbs each side of the bar (60 total). Plus the weight of the iron bar. If I'm going for 4-6 reps I would do 45 lbs on each side and the most I have done is 55 lbs on each side which is about my body weight

Ctwentysevenj
12-20-2014, 05:23 AM
http://workout-essentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/The-30-Day-Squat-Challenge-Workout-Program.jpg

Brzęczyszczykiewiczówna
12-20-2014, 12:59 PM
slavsquat :D

Tacitus
12-20-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't squat because I'm not trying to get big and bulky. I'm trying to look like an underwear model or like Brad Pitt in fight club : lean and muscular. Brad Pitt , for the movie, jogged and did upper body weight training. Squatting would interfere with my jogging I think. Also, deadlifts and squats are the true measure of a man's strength ? I don't think so. Pull ups are the true measure of a man's relative strength. It is also the exercise of choice of commandos and commandos could easily kill powerlifters (the kind of people that do squats) I do pull ups and bench press etc.. in my workouts. When I was in my early 20s and when I wanted to have huge muscles I was squatting like 400 and something or 500 and something pounds of olympic weights.; I can't remember exactly because that was like 14 years ago or so. Free weights too not with a smith machine.You see people benching 250+, squatting and deadlifting 300+ etc.. but not many of them can even do 10 pullups. I believe pullups are a true measure of relative strength. Notice I say 'relative'.

For someone who squats the amount I do I'm really rather lean, but to be fair to your point I don't DL anymore because I was getting too bulky for what I needed (soccer).

IMO When done right (proper technique and not on a Smith machine) I consider squats to be the most complete (http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/05/25/darin-steen-demonstrates-the-perfect-squat.aspx) body exercise there is. But that isn't to say I only do squats, as it's only one part of my routine (which does include pullups btw).

щрбл
12-20-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't squat, I simply run, walk or swim (if I have my vaccines up to date :D).

Linebacker
12-20-2014, 01:46 PM
LMAO I know, not only that he speaks so feminen like a women lmao. Have you heard him speak before?

This is how he speaks, and this is how I imagine him

https://www.yzs4u8Ic

Wait Ultra has recorded a voice clip?? Give the link please I will destroy him with it :D

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Wait Ultra has recorded a voice clip?? Give the link please I will destroy him with it :D

Na lol, I wish, ive seen him on tiny chat, he is super fat and he talks like a fag, i mean you can tell by just looking at his avatar how fat he is. He has more chins than a chinese phone book :p

Leon_C
12-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Most I'd do in a typical routine is 30 - 35Kg either side of an olympic bar, so 80 - 90kg in total for 8-10 reps and three sets, but having not had a proper gym routine for a while now, it's probably a bit less.

Melina
12-20-2014, 05:20 PM
I do 30 reps 5 times. The last 10 I always try to go a bit faster then in the last one a stay down and feel the burn. Then get up and squeeze. :D

Desaix DeBurgh
12-20-2014, 05:21 PM
For someone who squats the amount I do I'm really rather lean, but to be fair to your point I don't DL anymore because I was getting too bulky for what I needed (soccer).

IMO When done right (proper technique and not on a Smith machine) I consider squats to be the most complete (http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/05/25/darin-steen-demonstrates-the-perfect-squat.aspx) body exercise there is. But that isn't to say I only do squats, as it's only one part of my routine (which does include pullups btw).

I know from when I used to have huge muscles (I used to be like 245 pounds of mostly muscle mass at 6 foot tall) that if you want to get big ,naturally, then you focus on these three or four compound exercises with heavy weights : squats, bench press, deadlift and sumo squats (because they focus on your core and you can't get big unless you have a strong or big core. squats focus on your core as well of course). I'm trying to get lean and muscular not huge/big. I still do compound exercises because they release the most amount of hormones in your body (testosterone and growth hormone) and they work the most muscle groups at once, saving time, but the compound exercises I do are bench press, pull ups, dips and military press. I do weighted pull ups and dips too. I do other exercises but they aren't as compound. You do soccer but that is not the samething as running like 12 miles or even 6 miles straight. I still think squatting would fuck up my jogging ability and jogging is really important to me (cardio is really important for both your health and for having low body fat percentage). Anyway, since I don't want to be huge I stay away from squats and deadlifts because if I combined them with my other compound exercises I would probably get too bulky unless I was doing pussy weight and I don't like doing pussy weight.

alfieb
12-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I don't squat. I understand women doing it, because having a "bigger booty" is very important in our generation, and squats are a key to obtaining that, but for men, it's not a priority.

Also, Ultra is worthless.

Bjarke
12-20-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't squat. I understand women doing it, because having a "bigger booty" is very important in our generation, and squats are a key to obtaining that, but for men, it's not a priority.

Squatting is about much more than "booty". It strengthens your core and keeps you in proportion while helping flexibility. They build your glutes and hamstrings preventing injury and increasing speed. They also improve your jump and explosive power.

They're probably the most effective/efficient single exercise.

Duke
12-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Squatting is about much more than "booty". It strengthens your core and keeps you in proportion while helping flexibility. They build your glutes and hamstrings preventing injury and increasing speed. They also improve your jump and explosive power.

For explosive power you need to do plyometric drills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wteOBt46i78

and then you increase height you jump, but most important is to jump of the ground as soon as you touch it, you rest up on the stool(if its higher than video example, you rest in squat position).

Squats them selves gives you more staying strength then explosive one

Bjarke
12-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Squats them selves gives you more staying strength then explosive one

Yes, of course. When I did athletics and hurdles jumping a few years ago I obviously didn't just do squats. But they're a great exercise.

Tacitus
12-20-2014, 05:39 PM

Co-signed. Strengthens the back and shoulder muscles too, especially the more weight you add.

alfieb
12-20-2014, 05:40 PM

Who the fuck needs to jump? I can't tell you the last time I jumped. Maybe like 3 months ago, when I played basketball with friends.

These are not things a man uses in his everyday life.

Duke
12-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Yes, of course. When I did athletics and hurdles jumping a few years ago I obviously didn't just do squats. But they're a great exercise.

well yes they are, but then again, hurdles jumping are not much about jumping, but rhythm, to keep equal amount of steps in between hurdles, and then you just step over it with your leading leg held high and inertia does the rest.

Duke
12-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Who the fuck needs to jump? I can't tell you the last time I jumped. Maybe like 3 months ago, when I played basketball with friends.

with developed muscles for jumping, you feel much lighter on your feet, and more athletic in general.

People who do just upper body feel lame on their legs

Bjarke
12-20-2014, 06:31 PM

You live in a polluted American city. Maybe not in your everyday life.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-20-2014, 10:31 PM

It might increase your speed during short bursts but not during long runs. For instance, squatting heavy weight is not going to make a marathon runner be able to run a marathon faster. In fact it will probably fuck him up because squatting is generally a strength exercise not an endurance one. Jogging is important to me so I don't squat.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-20-2014, 10:33 PM
with developed muscles for jumping, you feel much lighter on your feet, and more athletic in general.

People who do just upper body feel lame on their legs

I do strength training for my upper body and endurance training for my legs (jogging). So I don't just do upper body. Things like pull ups (which I do) give joggers better posture. I don't know why the fuck I would have to be able to jump while running a marathon.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-21-2014, 05:37 AM

I guess it depends what YOU want but generally its ideal to be all around athletic. Some people just work out to look good, But honestly thats not really a healthy mind set for what working out is about neither

Linebacker
12-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Na lol, I wish, ive seen him on tiny chat, he is super fat and he talks like a fag, i mean you can tell by just looking at his avatar how fat he is. He has more chins than a chinese phone book :p

So he is the guy in his avatar after all?I thought he wasnt because once In the MPT he posted a picture of some skinny kid with long hair.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-21-2014, 03:00 PM
So he is the guy in his avatar after all?I thought he wasnt because once In the MPT he posted a picture of some skinny kid with long hair.
No thats him lol he isnt skinny at all.

Linebacker
12-21-2014, 03:08 PM

This is great.From this point on he is Walrus Ultra,the lard bucked from the pork chop factory.

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/12/like_a_fat_kid_loves_cake-16820.gif

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-21-2014, 03:17 PM
This is great.From this point on he is Walrus Ultra,the lard bucked from the pork chop factory.

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/12/like_a_fat_kid_loves_cake-16820.gif

I see resemblence between the two

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/jabba-hutt.jpg

Neanderthal
12-21-2014, 03:53 PM

I'm trying to look more like this :

http://stronglifts.com/wp-content/uploads/brad-pitt-fight-club.jpg

One of Pitt's worst looks IMO. Not much muscle mass and relatively high body fat.

115kg x 5 reps on my strength routine a couple months ago. Doing high reps now, so no idea.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-21-2014, 08:38 PM
One of Pitt's worst looks IMO. Not much muscle mass and relatively high body fat.

115kg x 5 reps on my strength routine a couple months ago. Doing high reps now, so no idea.

You are smoking crack if you think he had high body fat in that picture. He was about 5% or 6% body fat. Also, men are delusional when it comes to what looks good on males. Alot of males, especially young ones, think that alot of muscle mass is what looks good when in reality women think being lean and toned like Brad Pitt is the best look.Most Women like the underwear model look, or Olympic simmer look, and Brad Pitt's look in that movie. What do all these looks have in common ? They are physically fit without huge muscles.. Women do not like the bodybuilder or meathead look. That was definitely Brad Pitt's best look. The best look in both sexes is lean and toned or to put it another way simply physically fit not meathead bodybuilders. Meatheads aren't even physically fit alot them can't run alot of miles or do alot of pullups. So you can go ahead and try to be a meathead while I'm fucking bitches that are 9's and 10's weekly. Lucky for me I have the height of a male model so the male model body will go good with it :

http://fashion-newest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/male-and-female-underwear-calvin-klein1.jpg

If you want to be enlightened then read these links :

The ideal male physique --what girls want & what guys want to be

Not surprisingly, the male and female perspectives differ — a lot! Turns out a typical athlete or amateur gym-goer wants a body that women don’t even find attractive, let alone ideal. If we want to be hotties, and honestly on some level most of us do, we’re totally clueless. Should that matter? I don’t know. Is it interesting? Definitely.

There are some surprises for women, too. Ryan Reynolds was one of the top picks when they were asked to write in the most ideal celebrity body… but even the girls that wrote in his name more often than not didn’t select his body (no heads were present) in the line-up. The body they selected in the line-up wasn’t even all that similar. So all of you guys thinking that you’ve got to have Ryan Reynolds’ body to be the handsomest hunk at the bar, or studliest stud on the beach… we’ve got some good news. What girls want is actually much easier to achieve. Brad Pitt ‘s headless body (as Tyler Durden in Fight Club), on the other hand, kicked some serious aesthetic ass in the line-ups.

And this isn’t all about aesthetics — don’t worry. We’ve tried to find out what girls want when it comes to looks, fitness, health and attitude in general. Don’t care what girls think? We’ve also found out what guys find the most impressive, and what guys aspire to achieve.

Lesson #1: Fit beats Freaky

http://foxhoundstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ideal-male-body-lesson-1-brad-graph3.jpg

http://foxhoundstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ideal-male-body-slides-tyler-durden-brad-pitt-small.jpg

We’ve got Brad Pitt in first place with 72.5% of women finding his body the MOST attractive and 86.7% of women being attracted to his body. In second place we’ve got the musician Henry Rollins (at his smallest) with 11.8% of women finding him the most attractive, and 41.8% of women attracted to his torso. The MMA heavyweight comes next with 9.8% liking him the best and 37% finding him attractive. In last place with 1% we have three time Mr. Olympia winner Frank Zane — famous for shifting the bodybuilding world away from mass and towards aesthetics. Evidently there’s still some shifting to do before he lines up with what women find aesthetically pleasing!

No big surprise that the Fight Club sex icon took #1. What DID surprise me is that the healthy looking musician took #2 — outperforming the athletes and bodybuilders. And even the starving sex icon Ville Valo beat out Frank Zane, the king of bodybuilding aesthetics. Looks like a life devoted to achieving the “perfect” physique gives you the worst body according to women. Yikes.

To make matters worse, 50% of the men that completed the survey (keep in mind these men are interested in physiques, or they wouldn’t have taken the survey) want to look like Frank Zane (last place), vs the 40% that want to look like Brad Pitt. Woah.

http://foxhoundstudio.com/blog/fitness-lifestyle/the-ideal-male-physique-%E2%80%94-what-girls-want-want-guys-want-to-be/

Women Like Lean NOT Big

This is probably the biggest reason men would rather be lean than big. There are some women who want the huge muscles, but most women prefer a man who has a lean and muscular build. Don’t get me wrong, women seem to prefer a muscular body over a flabby one, but looking fit is what attracts them, not looking like a bodybuilder.

In short, a lean body is more attractive, more touchable, and more real to women. So, if your goal is to pick up a lot of women, then getting lean is a better option than getting big.

“Indeed, many women are intimidated by the hyper-muscular, big, bad, buffed look.” – The Richest

http://thrivinglean.com/guys-workout-get-lean-not-big/

Neanderthal
12-21-2014, 08:50 PM
You are smoking crack if you think he had high body fat in that picture. He was about 5% or 6% body fat. Also, men are delusional when it comes to what looks good on males. Alot of males, especially young ones, think that alot of muscle mass is what looks good when in reality women think being lean and toned like Brad Pitt is the best look.Most Women like the underwear model look, or Olympic simmer look, and Brad Pitt's look in that movie. What do all these looks have in common ? They are physically fit without huge muscles. and Brad Pitt's look in that movie. Women do not like the bodybuilder or meathead look. That was definitely Brad Pitt's best look. The best look in both sexes is lean and toned or to put it another way simply physically fit not meathead bodybuilders. Meatheads aren't even physically fit alot them can't run alot of miles or do alot of pullups. So you can go ahead and try to be a meathead while I'm fucking bitches that are 9's and 10's weekly. Lucky for me I have the height of a male model so the male model body will go good with it :

http://fashion-newest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/male-and-female-underwear-calvin-klein1.jpg

If you want to be enlightened then read these links :

http://thrivinglean.com/guys-workout-get-lean-not-big/

Listen bro, I don't care about magazines and web articles. Brad Pitt was around 15% bf on that movie.

This is me 'bulking' at 12% right now

http://i59.tinypic.com/14udcvl.jpg

5% body fat Brad Pitt, give me a break. But yeah, all fitness dudes are 10% body fat even if abs don't show.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-21-2014, 09:05 PM
http://images.firstcovers.com/covers/userquotes/g/guys,_if_you_don%27t-25719.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/9+Countries+9+Men+1+Winner+Photocall+R6Swt8ukaYQl. jpg

http://thehautenews.com/wp-content/uploads/image681.jpg

Desaix DeBurgh
12-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Listen bro, I don't care about magazines and web articles. Brad Pitt was around 15% bf on that movie.

This is me 'bulking' at 12% right now

http://i59.tinypic.com/14udcvl.jpg

5% body fat Brad Pitt, give me a break. But yeah, all fitness dudes are 10% body fat even if abs don't show.

Whatever, dude if you don't have single digit body fat then you don't look as good as Brad Pitt in that movie nor as good as underwear models etc.

You are a fucking idiot. it is well documented and common sense (you can see through your eyes) that Brad Pitt was in single digit body fat percentage for that movie , BTW, you have no proof that is really you in that picture. BTW, right now I have a mesomorphic body but I have to keep working out and doing cardio to get to single digit body fat.

Neanderthal
12-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Whatever, dude if you don't have single digit body fat then you don't look as good as Brad Pitt in that movie nor as good as underwear models etc.

You are a fucking idiot. it is well documented and common sense (you can see through your eyes) that Brad Pitt was in single digit body fat percentage for that movie , BTW, you have no proof that is really you in that picture.

fuck you bitch boy. just ask around. i don't need to prove you anything. don't believe me fine, fuck yourself you pussy looking motherfucker.

Desaix DeBurgh
12-21-2014, 11:17 PM
fuck you bitch boy. just ask around. i don't need to prove you anything. don't believe me fine, fuck yourself you pussy looking motherfucker.

Well, since you put it so eloquently and in such a high class way -- why I can't help but want to 'fuck myself'. Your multiple use of swear words and impeccable use of punctuation/grammar is so eloquent and high class that I cannot help but to feel like a humble peasant in the presence of your majesty.

Neanderthal
12-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, since you put it so eloquently and in such a high class way -- why I can't help but want to 'fuck myself'. Your multiple use of swear words and impeccable use of punctuation/grammar is so eloquent and high class that I cannot help but to feel like a humble peasant in the presence of your majesty.

Wasn't you the one who started swearing at me and calling me idiot? Anyway, I think I got carried away. I was just trying to show you something from my experience, but I don't take insults lightly. And it's fine, believe what you want, I don't mind.

Reith
12-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Regardless of you want to be big or lean, you should squat. Want to be lean? Do some metabolic conditioning with body weight squats.

If you work out just to "bang 9s or 10s", you are just ridiculous in my opinion. There is no issue with wanting to look good to the opposite sex, but if that is your sole reason for lifting weights/training I feel bad for you.

You should do it for your health, to be better at a sport and quite simply to be strong (opposed to just looking strong). Having a lot of strength is never a weakness.

I know a lot of Military/CO/LEO guys and it is very important for them. Lots of Judokas and BJJ players as well. CrossFit is a huge fitness trend and they do all types of squats and finally women are not shying away from weights after they see some of the top women's figures.

Mazik
12-22-2014, 08:13 PM

The guy in his avatar is Benedikt Magnusson. The deadlift world record holder.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-22-2014, 09:38 PM
The guy in his avatar is Benedikt Magnusson. The deadlift world record holder.
he looks like him, but I have seen him on tiny chat and he is very overweight and talks like a girl

Desaix DeBurgh
12-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Regardless of you want to be big or lean, you should squat. Want to be lean? Do some metabolic conditioning with body weight squats.

If you work out just to "bang 9s or 10s", you are just ridiculous in my opinion. There is no issue with wanting to look good to the opposite sex, but if that is your sole reason for lifting weights/training I feel bad for you.

You should do it for your health, to be better at a sport and quite simply to be strong (opposed to just looking strong). Having a lot of strength is never a weakness.

I know a lot of Military/CO/LEO guys and it is very important for them. Lots of Judokas and BJJ players as well. CrossFit is a huge fitness trend and they do all types of squats and finally women are not shying away from weights after they see some of the top women's figures.

I exercise for the following reasons in order of importance 1) health 2.) to be smarter: modern science shows that cardiovascular exercise stimulates neurogenesis etc.. and makes you smarter 3.) to look like an underwear model and bang 9's and 10.s BTW, alot of people in the military just strength train their upper body and use jogging (they don't do squats). Standard military training is stuff like pushups and pullups combined with running (no squats) :

Physical exercise, particularly continuous aerobic exercises such as running, cycling and swimming, has many cognitive benefits and effects on the brain. Influences on the brain include increases in neurotransmitter levels, improved oxygen and nutrient delivery, and increased neurogenesis in the hippocampus. The effects of exercise on memory have important implications for improving children's academic performance, maintaining mental abilities in old age, and the prevention and potential cure of neurological diseases.

Exercise has many physiological benefits, including advantageous effects on learning and memory. Gene expression associated with brain plasticity increases with exercise, which enhances neurogenesis, blood flow, and neuronal resistance to injury, specifically in the hippocampus.[1] The hippocampus is crucial for learning and memory storage. Neuroimaging techniques also show changes in brain structure and function with regular exercise in human studies. Increases in cerebral blood volume in the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus are associated with verbal learning and memory improvements, with cerebral blood volume possibly indicating neurogenesis.[2] Animal research has shown that exercise increases neuronal growth, cognitive function, and positively impacts neural systems associated with learning and memory.[2]

Physical activity benefits cognition as a whole. Specifically, however, executive control processes (such as working memory, multitasking or planning) are more positively affected in comparison to other regions of the brain. This demonstrates the direct link between the improvement in memory processes and aerobic exercise. The prefrontal cortex is primarily responsible for supporting executive control processes, and studies suggest exercise may be used as an intervention to prevent age-related decline in executive control and memory.[2]

The type of exercise is also related to the neurological improvements seen. Aerobic exercise (also known as "cardio") is physical exercise of low to high intensity.[3] People who regularly participate in aerobic exercise have greater scores on neuropsychological function and performance tests compared to people that participate in strength and flexibility training.[4] Examples of aerobic exercise that produce these changes are running, jogging, and brisk walking, swimming, and cycling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise

ЛыSSый
12-23-2014, 09:32 PM
neved did this exercise, but some days ago i fastly runned with bag where was more that 50 kg of copper more 3 km. Yes, i have skinny legs.
so, does this my personal result good or bad?

Ctwentysevenj
12-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I could watch this squat all day. That be my exercise. Maybe my tap would get all the exercise!:p
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/01-fitness-motivation-girls-doing-squats-jen-selter.jpg

Ultra
01-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I could watch this squat all day. That be my exercise. Maybe my tap would get all the exercise!:p
http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/01-fitness-motivation-girls-doing-squats-jen-selter.jpg
Wtf.. she's not even breaking parallel with that shallow squat depth. :puke

Mazik
01-04-2015, 07:36 PM
I started to work out again in late November at some crappy fitness gym. Started at 5x5x80 kg. Raised 10 kg every week. Went up to 5x5x120 kg in the last week before xmas in December. Then I went home to my city during christmas and I don't have a gym card here. I'll start again in middle/late January, once I'm back and not busy. I don't want to raise to fast, since I haven't worked out properly at the gym the last 2 years or so :) same with deadlift, I have noticed that my benchpress and shoulder press has improved though.

Mazik
01-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Wtf.. she's not even breaking parallel with that shallow squat depth. :puke

So what do you squat with your perfect form and uber muscular legs? :)