PDA

View Full Version : Muslims not welcome to buy Hanson's home

Brynhild
04-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Former One Nation leader Pauline Hanson's Queensland home remains on the market, but not for everyone.

Muslim buyers, for example, aren't welcome.

Ms Hanson, who has put up for sale her million-dollar property in Coleyville, southwest of Brisbane, announced she was moving to Britain earlier this year.

Her hardline views on race sparked a national debate over immigration policy and Aboriginal disadvantage from the time she entered parliament in 1996 at the same election that made John Howard prime minister.

While taking the Seven Network's Sunrise program on a recent tour of her home, she said she would not allow certain members of the Australian community to purchase the property.

Asked if Asians were welcome to express interest in the property, Ms Hanson said she would not sell the home to an Asian who lived overseas.

But she had no problem with selling the property to "an Australian who is of Asian background".

"No problems whatsoever," she said.

Asked if she would be prepared to sell the property to a Muslim, she said no.

"Because I don't believe that they are compatible with our way of life, our culture.

"And I think we are going to have problems with them in this country further down the track, so I have no intention of selling my home to a Muslim."

Source (http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/7118873/muslims-not-welcome-to-buy-hansons-home/)

It's a shame that Pauline feels she's at the end of her rope completely in that she must move overseas. Still, I hope she gets the sort of buyer she wants.

Austin
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Good for her.

Bloodeagle
04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
I wish we had the open right to do this in America!:mad:
With the Fair Housing Act http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/housing/title8.htm

A person should be able to sell their property to whom ever they seem fit.

Austin
05-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I wish we had the open right to do this in America!:mad:
With the Fair Housing Act http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/housing/title8.htm

A person should be able to sell their property to whom ever they seem fit.

lol you know there are 114389593415 ways to get around that though if the home seller/realtor has even half a brain

Bloodeagle
05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Yes, I know this act is illegal on paper and in the minds of many sheeple. This being just another weak law passed by our concession seeking generals of diplomacy!
I wonder if in the future our Supreme Obama might start to give tax credits to Americans who sell their homes to "Minorities"? :wink

Austin
05-09-2010, 07:55 PM
eh progressive race laws like this will always fail because the capitalist system undermines them completely, if a law likes this was actually enforced on any real level it would devastate the private sector and that will never be allowed to happen

not just that but this law 100% violates the constitution on every basic level....it would be impossible to enforce anyways as one could never prove discrimination, all the owner has to do is jack up the price or have the realtor give an unrealistic financing option or whatever to minorities which would turn em away as they currently do (: