PDA

View Full Version : Hello Apricity, from the Empire State of the South

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Hello y'all, I stumbled onto this forum while researching my European roots. I've always been very interested in and proud of my heritage and I think it's sad most aren't nowadays. When I walk around my university's campus or switch on the radio I only seem to here tales of white guilt & nothing positive.

I'm personally half German and half Scotch-Irish. I've invested quite a bit of time in genealogy and going through Colonial records. Turns out my father's ancestors were one of the first Germans to settle in the South, in Fort Frederica. They came from the Konstanz district in Swabia. My mother's ancestors were harder to trace because of various obstacles, but I'm sure they were Colonial Protestant dissenters from Ulster who arrived in the early 18th century, from what I can piece together.

I'm an outdoorsman and countryman who grew up on a farm but I have lived in an urban environment the last few years to undertake my tertiary studies. My hobbies are reading, chess, whittling and leatherworking.

I hope to post frequently. C'ya around. . .

JoeyGee8688
12-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Cool. Good to have you.

de Burgh II
12-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the forum :thumb001:

Stay strong; always be proud of your roots. :thumb001:

Don't let the libtard media try to change that; there is nothing wrong with having racial pride in oneself. Don't let anyone make you think any different.

Nevertheless enjoy your stay comrade. :thumb001:

Gustave H
12-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Welcome.:)

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Cool. Good to have you.

Glad to be here. Cheers Joey.

Welcome to the forum :thumb001:

Stay strong; always be proud of your roots. :thumb001:

Don't let the libtard media try to change that; there is nothing wrong with having racial pride in oneself. Don't let anyone make you think any different.

Nevertheless enjoy your stay comrade. :thumb001:

Cheers. I can ensure you I've always been a proud person, proud of who I am and the country in which I was born. I can't say I'm as adamant about the latter anymore, looking at where we're heading as a nation. . .

Freedom is only one generation away from extinction, or so they say. . .

Welcome.:)

Thank you. :)

SupaThug
12-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Welcome.I am new to this forum as well!I think that the amount of americans who are actually proud and intersted in their roots like you are is really cool.Most people would think americans do not care about it,wich seems to be far from the truth :thumbs up

Dani Cutie
12-21-2014, 12:47 AM
Welcome guy, be proud of your heritage.
Here stay a lot of trolls but is a great forum:)

Merida
12-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Hey Rhountis :). Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Also
12-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Welcome!

Melina
12-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Hello and welcome! :)

Dombra
12-21-2014, 01:15 AM
What ho :yo:

de Burgh II
12-21-2014, 01:30 AM
Cheers. I can ensure you I've always been a proud person, proud of who I am and the country in which I was born. I can't say I'm as adamant about the latter anymore, looking at where we're heading as a nation. . .

Freedom is only one generation away from extinction, or so they say. . .

Then you have my absolute respect there comrade. Always have faith my friend; faith is an overall positive virtue we undermine. The media can spew whatever baseless indoctrinated bs, but at the end of the day; that can never take away one's conviction to your own ideals. So that is where the leftists will always fail; you seem to have alot of great potential; it will serve you well in life. Overall, best of luck with your endeavors. :thumbs up

Fortis in Arduis
12-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Welcome. :) :wave:

Loki
12-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Welcome! :)

I'm personally half German and half Scotch-Irish.

That's a good mix.

My mother's ancestors were harder to trace because of various obstacles, but I'm sure they were Colonial Protestant dissenters from Ulster who arrived in the early 18th century, from what I can piece together.

Impressive. They made a hugely positive contribution to America.

KawaiiKawaii
12-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Ongi etorri! Tervetuloa!
All the American members here seem to be intelligent and interesting to read, so it's always good to have more of them.

Could I also ask you to tell me what kind of political blogs/sites do you read? Or if you have any political contemporary figure that you enjoy?

Wild North
12-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Welcome!

Stanley
12-21-2014, 05:47 AM
I'm personally half German and half Scotch-Irish. I've invested quite a bit of time in genealogy and going through Colonial records. Turns out my father's ancestors were one of the first Germans to settle in the South, in Fort Frederica. They came from the Konstanz district in Swabia. My mother's ancestors were harder to trace because of various obstacles, but I'm sure they were Colonial Protestant dissenters from Ulster who arrived in the early 18th century, from what I can piece together.

I don't understand when colonial-descended people do this. If your ancestry is derived from early 18th century settlers, you literally had over a thousand ancestors alive at that time in the American colonies. There is just no way your entire maternal side was 100% Scots-Irish and your paternal side "from the Konstanz district in Swabia." I see WASPs doing this stuff all the time and I don't get it.

Anglojew
12-21-2014, 05:59 AM
Welcome

Ianus
12-21-2014, 07:52 AM
Welcome

Trogdor
12-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your greetings!

I don't understand when colonial-descended people do this. If your ancestry is derived from early 18th century settlers, you literally had over a thousand ancestors alive at that time in the American colonies. There is just no way your entire maternal side was 100% Scots-Irish and your paternal side "from the Konstanz district in Swabia." I see WASPs doing this stuff all the time and I don't get it.

I see what you're getting at, but judging from family records and what my parents have told me, I don't have any outside admixture. Of course it's possible, but unlikely since both sides of my family lived in tight-knit communities, who all settled from the same regions and only intermarried within the community. I can tell you that my father is definitely purely German, for example. He grew up in a small town in Northeastern Georgia where German was almost only spoken. The town looks like a replica of an alpine village even after so many years. My maternal line is harder to know, but again they have lived in the same part of Georgia for centuries in an exclusively Scotch-Irish and English community. 23andme and the documents I've managed to collect seem to suggest they did not marry outside of the area but I can't know for certain obviously.

Welcome! :)

Impressive. They made a hugely positive contribution to America.

Thank you Loki. Their presence in the New World was positive in America and elsewhere. They brought with them their industrious nature. Huguenots, Quakers, Puritans, etc., had vastly different origins but sailed to new lands and quickly gained a good reputation. I don't know much about the Huguenots but I do know that France suffered a brain drain as a result of their departure.

The Scotch-Irish, humble men seeking religious freedom, didn't just bring with their log cabins and grist mills to the New World. They fiercely fought the British for independence, pioneered constitutionalism and isolationism, and always valued integrity above all.

Ongi etorri! Tervetuloa!
All the American members here seem to be intelligent and interesting to read, so it's always good to have more of them.

Could I also ask you to tell me what kind of political blogs/sites do you read? Or if you have any political contemporary figure that you enjoy?

Hello :) I can't stand much of what the mainstream media passes for "news", so I admittedly mostly read from writers I agree with. Not a great trait, as open-mindedness and eclecticness are positive qualities. I mostly read in print but Internet websites I frequent occasionally include: RenewAmerica, The Heritage Foundation, VDARE, The Occidental Quarterly, American Renaissance, & Townhall. I don't follow any blogs regularly but I've read some agreeable opinions at Breitbart, HotAir & The Corner.

As for contemporary figures - not many. I'm quite disillusioned with the political establishment and the faux-conservative Republican Party. Council of Conservative Citizens (CofCC) have some eloquent figures in their ranks, as do League of the South.

Svipdag
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
A hearty welcome to you, sir ! It's great to encounter another unashamed loyal American. As in any forum which deals with political and social issues, there is some anti-Americanism here, but less, I'd say, than in most others. If our freedoms are not to become a thing of the past, cherished in retrospect but no longer operative, in one generation, less if the Kenyan keeps abusing Executive Orders to rule by decree, we MUST have a real conservative party with the economic and political clout to oppose a supine Republican and a treasonously liberal Democratic party. Alas, how such a party is to come about is more than I can imagine ! Its greatest enemy will be not opposition, but apathy.

Graham
12-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Hello.

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 05:47 PM
A hearty welcome to you, sir ! It's great to encounter another unashamed loyal American. As in any forum which deals with political and social issues, there is some anti-Americanism here, but less, I'd say, than in most others. If our freedoms are not to become a thing of the past, cherished in retrospect but no longer operative, in one generation, less if the Kenyan keeps abusing Executive Orders to rule by decree, we MUST have a real conservative party with the economic and political clout to oppose a supine Republican and a treasonously liberal Democratic party. Alas, how such a party is to come about is more than I can imagine ! Its greatest enemy will be not opposition, but apathy.

Thank you very much Svipdag, I'm glad to have joined. I've come to expect anti-Americanism on the Internet, but when and if I see it, I try and remind the person that the actions of our government are by no means representative of the people of the U.S. The expansionist and seemingly imperialist foreign policy of recent administrations is something that our Founders specifically warned against and opposed. What ever happened to the doctrine of trade without entangling alliances? Protecting American interests is one thing, but the idea of spreading Democracy and American ideals does not appeal to me, mainly because it's quite clear that some cultures are not welcoming of our ideas, and that's their right. That is what makes America exceptional - our commitment to freedom amidst a world filled with tyranny and repression.

Apathy is all too common today - in many ways it has become inseparably interlinked with today's political climate. Many of my friends and family hardly batted an eyelid when our President recently spat on our Constitution and set a frightening precedent, imposing something on the American people that they would reject if democratically-decided. A blatant abrogation of some of the core principles that collectively glue our political system together.

I truly hope that America will experience its own renaissance but the future looks grim - mounting debt, changing demographics, and emerging foreign threats suggest that, unless we get our act together - and quickly, we might lose all that has been bitterly fought for.

Hithaeglir
12-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Welcome to our crazy forum :)

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Welcome to our crazy forum :)

Hello & thank you! I think you may have thumbed down my introductory post for some reason, though.

Nor56
12-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Welcome :)

Hithaeglir
12-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Hello & thank you! I think you may have thumbed down my introductory post for some reason, though.

Ι'm sorry xD I probably wanted to thumb it up and i accidentally pressed the thumbs down.It has happened before.I took it back :D

Hevo
12-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Welcome! I see that you are R1b1a2a1a1a and that is R1b U106 i suppose? Or R1b U198?

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Ι'm sorry xD I probably wanted to thumb it up and i accidentally pressed the thumbs down.It has happened before.I took it back :D

Haha, no worries at all. :)

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome! I see that you are R1b1a2a1a1a and that is R1b U106 i suppose? Or R1b U198?

You're correct that it's R1b-U106 (which I believe is also called - confusingly - R1b-S21 by some sources?) The main proto-Germanic branch of R1b lineages if I'm not mistaken.

Hevo
12-21-2014, 06:19 PM
You're correct that it's R1b-U106 (which I believe is also called - confusingly - R1b-S21 by some sources?) The main proto-Germanic branch of R1b lineages if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, R1b-U106 and S21 are the same. R1b U106 is definitely strongly associated with Germanic migrations and has a stronger Germanic character than any other R1b lineage.:)

Rhountis
12-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah, R1b-U106 and S21 are the same. R1b U106 is definitely strongly associated with Germanic migrations and has a stronger Germanic character than any other R1b lineage.:)

That makes a lot of sense actually. So it must have been one of the dominant haplogroups of the original West Germanic tribes then?

Graham
12-21-2014, 06:24 PM

Such a hater of the new folk.. ;)

Hevo
12-21-2014, 06:33 PM
That makes a lot of sense actually. So it must have been one of the dominant haplogroups of the original West Germanic tribes then?

Yes most likely, for example R1b u106 is common in Swiss Germans but it drops significantly in Swiss French speakers and R1b u106 peaks in East Anglia.

Hithaeglir
12-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Such a hater of the new folk.. ;)

Hahaha! It was just a mistake xD

Seraph of the End
12-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome to the forum! Quality members (and you seem like one) are always needed here :D

Catkin
12-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Hi and welcome to TA :)

oh-nahhh
12-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Welcome.