PDA

View Full Version : Putin Calls for Merger of Russia’s Gazprom, Ukraine's Naftogaz

poiuytrewq0987
05-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has proposed the merging of Gazprom and Ukraine’s state gas monopoly Naftogaz.

“We talked about integration in nuclear energy, and we can do the same thing with gas. I propose unifying Gazprom and Naftogaz,” Putin stated Friday after meeting with his Ukrainian counterpart, Mykola Azarov, in Sochi, southern Russia, as cited by Bloomberg.

According to the Gazprom CEO, Alexei Miller, the idea to merge the two companies has been met “with an enthusiastic positive response” by government officials of both Russia and Ukraine.

http://novinite.com/view_news.php?id=115791

Austin
05-01-2010, 03:38 AM
I love Putin <3 thank god for him

poiuytrewq0987
05-01-2010, 06:28 AM
I love Putin <3 thank god for him

Why?

The Lawspeaker
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Russia and Ukraine are two independent countries with two independent state owned firms. This means defacto that Naftogaz would be taken over by the Russians and Ukraine would lose a part of it's independence.

Why not "merge" Ukraine and Russia while you're at it, Vladimir ? Or are you too chickenshit to propose that ?

*Note. Personally I would be in favour of a reunification between Ukraine and Russia. Just not with this Russia.

poiuytrewq0987
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
*Note. Personally I would be in favour of a reunification between Ukraine and Russia. Just not with this Russia.

It's probably a good thing that no Ukrainians overheard you saying that. Otherwise you'd be dead already. :D

The Lawspeaker
05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
It's probably a good thing that no Ukrainians overheard you saying that. Otherwise you'd be dead already. :D
Well. I would be in favour of a reunification Austro-Hungarian-style (but with a modern and fair democracy).
Preferably with parliaments in both Russia and the Ukraine (as well as a federal parliament in let's say Moscow that would only deal with foreign affairs and matters that concern the "United Empire" as a whole) and a constitutional monarchy (only strictly ceremonial). With the monarch being Czar of Russia and Czar of the Ukraine.