PDA

View Full Version : Is 30 too old for...

B1-66ER
12-26-2014, 04:29 AM
Recently I've crossed paths with an insanely attractive, highly intelligent and talented 18 year old female. Normally I'd just play the humble gentleman, keep my distance and hope something better comes along. In this particular case it seems my very DNA is screaming at me in bestial and undecipherable tongues to fuck her, love her, make her mine, however I'm fucking 30 years old.:picard1:

I can already feel the avalanche of bullshit and rumor and we've only just begun conversing on a meaningful level. Personally I have no objections to such a relationship if it's based on love and enhancing the other person instead of just sexual gratification and manipulation. I'm not quite sure how to proceed here. I'll likely give in to my base desires considering the circumstances but I can't help feeling a little creepy. Any ammo to help shoot down the B-52's of incoming bullshit would be appreciated.

Gustave H
12-26-2014, 04:31 AM
You're too damn old. Get a girl your own age!

Methmatician
12-26-2014, 04:34 AM
Probably too old.

Shah-Jehan
12-26-2014, 04:50 AM
Well, depends on what the girl thinks because love isn't dependent on age but, personally, I'd only date someone with maximum 5 years age difference to me and the choice wouldn't be my preference.

Oneeye
12-26-2014, 04:55 AM
If she is compatible with you, then why not?

zhaoyun
12-26-2014, 05:06 AM
It is quite of an age range, but not an insurmountable one if the personal chemistry works.

Mortimer
12-26-2014, 05:08 AM
not too old

Marusya
12-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Any ammo to help shoot down the B-52's of incoming bullshit would be appreciated.[/B]

Everyone's legal. Why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOryJvTAGs

Tyler Danann
12-26-2014, 05:25 AM
He's only 30 lads.

Breedingvariety
12-26-2014, 05:41 AM
Too old. I don't expect a thumbs up from you, because you only wanted to hear people saying you was not too old. But you are. You are from different times.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
12-26-2014, 05:45 AM
Recently I've crossed paths with an insanely attractive, highly intelligent and talented 18 year old female. Normally I'd just play the humble gentleman, keep my distance and hope something better comes along. In this particular case it seems my very DNA is screaming at me in bestial and undecipherable tongues to fuck her, love her, make her mine, however I'm fucking 30 years old.:picard1:

I can already feel the avalanche of bullshit and rumor and we've only just begun conversing on a meaningful level. Personally I have no objections to such a relationship if it's based on love and enhancing the other person instead of just sexual gratification and manipulation. I'm not quite sure how to proceed here. I'll likely give in to my base desires considering the circumstances but I can't help feeling a little creepy. Any ammo to help shoot down the B-52's of incoming bullshit would be appreciated.

too old

glass
12-26-2014, 05:48 AM
something like 25 and 37 would be ok i think, 18 and 30 is not, she is just a kid really

B1-66ER
12-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Too old. I don't expect a thumbs up from you, because you only wanted to hear people saying you was not too old. But you are. You are from different times.

I gave you a thumbs up to spite your assumption. If I wanted people to tell me what I want to hear, I wouldn't have posted this topic.

Breedingvariety
12-26-2014, 05:54 AM
I gave you a thumbs up to spite your assumption. If I wanted people to tell me what I want to hear, I wouldn't have posted this topic.
One more thumbs up- eeexcellent.

Arbėrori
12-26-2014, 06:04 AM
If you're hot as fuck then no age is an issue.

Although women look best in their 20s-25s, so why are you attracted to such young girls? There's a lot of stigma connected to such kinds of relationships.

Pjeter Pan
12-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Too old, if I was her brother or cousin and if i was to find out you tried get with her. I would try to hunt you down.

But Americans arent like me, so fuck her xD.

Katariina
12-26-2014, 06:28 AM
I'm an 18 year old lady. Personally, I think it all depends if they're on the same level mentally or not. Ask yourself, is she mature enough for me? Is she too naive? She may seem quite mature for her age, and I'm sure she is, but she might still be behind you in some ways, and you have to be extra careful you don't take advantage of her because of this.

Raven_
12-26-2014, 07:20 AM
edit

Archduke
12-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Girls at her age with higher IQ tend to be attracted by guys who are 25+. Its probably because guys until 25 are not mature enough and girls feel too inteligent and not safe in their company. While a 30 years old guy would surely know how to please the girl, make her feel safe and to be the superior mind in the couple as he has much more life experience.

So I dont think that the age is a problem. If you are attractive enough, she would choose you over any guy at her age imo.

Vasconcelos
12-26-2014, 09:02 AM
My first gf's younger sister has been with a guy who is 13/14 years older for a couple of years now, so I guess that if you two work together, there's no reason not to try. They were only slightly older than you two when they started.

PlanA
12-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Age is a number as long as look-wise and thinking-wise there isn't a huge gap between you and the girl.

For example:
Case01: She looks way too younger than you ==> You are too old.
Case02: You both look about the same age-wise or let's say the difference is not huge but rather you look 3-4 years older ==> That's fine
Case03: She behaves / acts like a typical 18 years old girl ==> You are too old.
Case04: She acts/behaves/thinks like a woman who is in middle 20s ==> That's fine.

SkyBurn
12-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Do you really have that much in common with a teenager? It seems like completely different life stages - she's bright eyed and freshly independent, and you've reached the more serious side of life. Ultimately, it's all about how you two feel around each other, but it'll be a lot more difficult than dating somebody your own age (who shares your aims in life and won't earn you unfair judgemental stares in public).

safinator
12-26-2014, 09:16 AM
30 is definitely too old for caring about the opinions of strangers on an internet forum.

You're both adults so that's what matters.

Dombra
12-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Go for it, you are not too old

Any one saying something else are those unable to get a younger girl in the first place

Seraph of the End
12-26-2014, 09:18 AM
I don't think your age is a problem. It all depends on her tho. If she's mature enough and doesn't mind the age difference I suppose it's not a big deal :)

Manifest Destiny
12-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Legally speaking, it's fine. But I'm not sure that the average 30 year old will have much in common with the average 18 year old.

Trun
12-26-2014, 09:19 AM
she is just a kid really

Stupid generalizations. My girl is 18 and she is more mature than most adults I know.

Kazimiera
12-26-2014, 10:10 AM
It depends on the people involved. My late husband was 16 years older than me and it worked out fine. Although in our case I was 25 and he was 41 when we got together. There is a lot of stigma to relationships like this. When we got married some people called me a child bride and others said it would never work. Sometimes people even mistook him as my dad. :lol:

We had some funny times together. He'd hear a song and say to me, "Remember when this came out? I used to party to this one!" I'd have to remind him that when it came out and he was partying to it, I was still wearing nappies. :D

But we carried on regardless. Unfortunately he passed away from cancer when I was 28 and he was 44. If he didn't we'd probably still be together. :)

In your specific case, she is still in her late teens and people grow a lot when they leave school and go off to study. Their horizons broaden very quickly in a short space of time. When my late husband and I got together I had finished studying and had started working, so that fast broadening of horizons had already happened to me. Your own development has happened as you are 30. She still has to go through all of that and there are many things she still needs to and wants to experience. I know that I changed a lot between 18 and 25 when I met my husband.

I cannot say to you that you should go for it or not, as I know neither of you and it isn't any of my business. All I can say is that you should go into this with eyes wide open. There are many challenges ahead for you if you decide to go though with it.

igo112
12-26-2014, 10:20 AM

oh-nahhh
12-26-2014, 10:22 AM
One day she'll be 30 too.

Minesweeper
12-26-2014, 10:25 AM

First, tell me, what are your views on relatioships? Do you consider having a family, settling down with one woman or you plan to be free for next 5 or 10 years or rest of your life?

Kazimiera
12-26-2014, 10:30 AM
"Any one saying something else are those unable to get a younger girl in the first place"

Am not his age yet, but as one ages it is often opposite what you are saying (women one's own age become taken regardless of anyone's league). I personally find age differences somewhat unsettling, for one thing you will sooner die and I would like to enrich any son of mine, but you are all adults so whatever.

This is what happened to me, although it was a lot sooner than expected. :(

Luckily, we didn't have children. It would have been very hard for to be a 28 year old widow with a toddler. Being a 28 year old widow was hard enough without a child.

Ice
12-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Lucky bastard.

Catkin
12-26-2014, 10:34 AM
There's the guideline of halving your age and adding 7 which is supposed to give the youngest socially acceptable age you can date. It allows for larger differences as you get older and differences matter less. In the case of 30 years old, the minimum age would be 22.

However, I think it's more down to the individuals and where they are in their lives. Kaz's relationship fell outside these guidelines but was still successful. Besides, the maturity level of 18 year olds varies massively, some are far older than their years.

EdAlencar
12-26-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm 25 and I feel too old for a 20 year old girl, so, yeah... I guess so. :p

Marusya
12-26-2014, 10:38 AM
I feel like many people are putting the horse before the cart here. He hasn't even asked this woman out on a simple date! :D Many of you have him proposing marriage and making a lifetime commitment. Heck, he may ask her out and she may turn him down. Game over.

I say take it one step at a time. See what happens. OP feels there is chemistry and a special connection with this woman. I think he should act on it. Why wonder "What if..."

Kazimiera
12-26-2014, 10:38 AM
There's the guideline of halving your age and adding 7 which is supposed to give the youngest socially acceptable age you can date. It allows for larger differences as you get older and differences matter less. In the case of 30 years old, the minimum age would be 22.

However, I think it's more down to the individuals and where they are in their lives. Kaz's relationship fell outside these guidelines but was still successful. Besides, the maturity level of 18 year olds varies massively, some are far older than their years.

I say to hell with socially acceptable. :lol:

If it works, then it works. It is dependent on the people involved. If I always stuck to the "socially acceptable" rules in my life, it would have been a lot less eventful and I would have missed out on so many interesting experiences.

Kazimiera
12-26-2014, 10:41 AM
I feel like many people are putting the horse before the cart here. He hasn't even asked this woman out on a simple date! :D Many of you have him proposing marriage and making a lifetime commitment. Heck, he may ask her out and she may turn him down. Game over.

I say take it one step at a time. See what happens. OP feels there is chemistry and a special connection with this woman. I think he should act on it. Why wonder "What if..."

Yes, you are very right. If he wants to ask her on a date, then he should go for it. After that both of them can get a sense of each other and decide if they want to take things to the next level.

LOL! We are already speculating on their old age! :D

Hithaeglir
12-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Flirt her and let her come to you.Let her decide on the matter,since she is the youngest one.
But even if you end up in a relationship with her,you'll have to make sacrifices and be patient,because she may be in a different phase in her life.

Incal
12-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Just a tip: If you don't do it some other will.

Shkembe Chorba
12-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Is she yo cousin?

Harley
12-30-2014, 11:32 PM
An 18 year old is still growing into her own, but successful relationships with big age gaps are not unheard of, and she is not considered a minor.

I am currently with someone who is 9 years older than me. If I had been any younger with less life experience, I probably would not have put up with certain things and have held a devil may care attitude when compassion and time were needed.

B1-66ER
06-19-2015, 07:11 PM
I know this topic is a bit old but I just wanted to post an update. We've been dating now for a few months and she's the love of my life. Both of us are quite happy and content and the age difference is something we've easily overcome through sheer force of will and love...

Morena
06-19-2015, 07:14 PM
NO way are you too old. That's just modern crap. That was the age difference between my maternal grandparents and they were married and lived a happily until he died.

Linebacker
06-19-2015, 07:16 PM
She is legal at that age but its unlikely she would be interested,unless you are either an underwear model or you have lots of money.

щрбл
06-19-2015, 07:19 PM
That's 12 years age difference. My grand parents had 10 years between them and stayed all their live together, something like 46 years.

sql
06-19-2015, 07:34 PM
As long as she likes you too, who cares?

Loki
06-19-2015, 07:36 PM
No. It all depends on your both's maturity levels, and if you "connect" in a special way. Age is of secondary concern.

Archduke
06-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Nope...

My boyfriend is 14 years older than me. I really forgot about his age when we met, when I saw his smile, when we started talking and found many similarities about our ideas for the future.

Veneda
06-19-2015, 07:49 PM
^ Perun, help

Proctor
06-19-2015, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't personally go for someone that young at that age, but whatever floats your boat.

Jarla87
06-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Depends on her. When I was 19 I dated a 37yo. guy. It was ok. but nothing serious. Eventhough we both intended at the beginning that it should be sth. serious. I just loved to way he looked (tall, blonde hair, blue eyes :) ) when I saw him the first time and I wanted to get to know him. However - and this is what you can expect - you will find out ( if the Age difference is too big) that you might not share the same interrests or see things differently. With 18 you usually graduated, wrote your A-Levels or make a Job Training - your whole environment, experience realm is different. We had a god time but quitted it after 4 months. On the Surface we had the same interrests and similar Hobbies but he as well sas I lived in a whole different world.

I would not date an 18 yo. Boy *hahaha*

Dandelion
06-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Dude. Don't call yourself old at the age of 30. Just go for it. Age difference matter only if they'd prove problematic in the future, but for the rest you're both mature enough.

No way you're too old. :D

Special K
06-19-2015, 11:10 PM
Well if their legal then you can have sex with them, but I'm not so sure about a long term relationship. But in my opinion any age gap over 5 years is strange, so a 12 year age gap is a no-no.

The age gap is probably more noticeable at a younger age, some would say. Most 18 year olds are at a totally different stage in their life to people in their 30s.

Loki
06-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Nope...

My boyfriend is 14 years older than me. I really forgot about his age when we met, when I saw his smile, when we started talking and found many similarities about our ideas for the future.

Hmmm I see ...

Kamal900
06-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Not really. I mean, my father is 10 years older than my mother, and there isnt any problems with that. I think you may have to approach to her at her level if you know what i mean.

Brianna
06-19-2015, 11:56 PM
I don't think so. She's an adult and there are no universal laws governing the success or failure of such relationships. Do what's best for YOU. The same applies to her. Only you two, not judgmental society, know that one. Are you compatible? That's the most important thing.

Pennywise
06-20-2015, 12:02 AM
Depends on her. When I was 19 I dated a 37yo. guy. It was ok. but nothing serious. Eventhough we both intended at the beginning that it should be sth. serious. I just loved to way he looked (tall, blonde hair, blue eyes :) ) when I saw him the first time and I wanted to get to know him. However - and this is what you can expect - you will find out ( if the Age difference is too big) that you might not share the same interrests or see things differently. With 18 you usually graduated, wrote your A-Levels or make a Job Training - your whole environment, experience realm is different. We had a god time but quitted it after 4 months. On the Surface we had the same interrests and similar Hobbies but he as well sas I lived in a whole different world.

I would not date an 18 yo. Boy *hahaha*

your emotions were pure. but i can't say the same thing for that 37 year old guy.

Hong Key
06-20-2015, 03:33 AM
30%2=15+7=22

alittle on young side, perhaps someone who could drink legally in Vegas might be more appropriate.

BeerBaron
06-20-2015, 04:39 AM
Get real dude, you're in north america, it wont work.

If the multitude of people hounding you about how bad of an idea doesn't get to you, it certainly will get to her.

If you weren't in the anglosphere it probably wouldnt matter.

You must have the patience of a saint to be able to put up with an 18 yr old american girl, holy shit. either that or you're jesus, or a cult leader, but i guess jesus was a cult leader after all, meh :thumb001:

Kazimiera
06-20-2015, 05:17 AM
I know this topic is a bit old but I just wanted to post an update. We've been dating now for a few months and she's the love of my life. Both of us are quite happy and content and the age difference is something we've easily overcome through sheer force of will and love...

Absolutely awesome! Good for you! Age is but a number. :thumb001:

Beaming lots of love for you two into the universe.

:love0016:

XvThomas_LysergicV
06-20-2015, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't say it was wrong or anything but there might be some people who think otherwise. If you date or tap her then you will probably get some backlash from society. There will be people who will ask you why you couldn't find a woman who was around your same age group. It's all legal and everything. Go for it if you want to. Society makes a bigger deal out of older man dating a younger woman than a younger man dating an older woman but who cares what other people think? Do whatever you want to do. Just make sure its legal. Of course I don't think its wrong because I like older women and i'm not that much older than 18. Most of the women I tend to like are older than me. I remember being like 14 or 15 wanting to tap my mom's friends or my friend's moms lmao. Not that i'm not attracted to women who are around the same age as me though. Just hope and pray that she's into older men. Good luck dude.

Brianna
06-20-2015, 06:16 AM
Just make sure its legal.

She's eighteen! Where would it NOT be legal? :)

Seth MacFarlane
06-20-2015, 06:30 AM
I seen your update , I'm happy for you . Have you met her dad ? I woudnt let my daughter date a 30 year old lol

N1019
06-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Beyond the law, there are no rules regarding these matters. It's up to the pair of you to decide. If you think you're too old, let someone else have the 18 year old girl...

Archduke
06-20-2015, 06:12 PM
^ Perun, help

Your problem is?

DarkSecret
06-20-2015, 06:15 PM
She will go to college! Stay out of her.

Infinite
06-20-2015, 06:19 PM
You rich?

Unome
06-20-2015, 06:37 PM
There's a couple 18-year-old girls who are mature/wise for their age I know, and beautiful too.

I'd like to get with them, so no, nothing wrong with 30-year-old male and 18-year-old female.

Armand_Duval
06-20-2015, 06:49 PM
There's a couple 18-year-old girls who are mature/wise for their age I know, and beautiful too.

I'd like to get with them, so no, nothing wrong with 30-year-old male and 18-year-old female.

I used to have this 18 year old girlfriend when I was 27, so not really 30 but close.

She was super cute, femenine and sweet but to my own experience you shouldn't get all your illusions on an 18 year old chick at all. Do it and you'll recieve a monumental emotional bashing.

At the end of the day she's just 18 teen and as very mature she could appear to you she's still a teen ager, and we don't live in our grandparents times if you know what I'm saying.

Armand_Duval
06-20-2015, 07:00 PM

Im not saying this coudn't work at all, there are no magic recepies for love, I am only saying that you're going against the odds.

Just think about this: Does your current mentallity is the same as you used to be at 18?.

She still has a lot of things to live and to do, I don't think she's mature enough, If you are planning to date and to take it as it gets day to day, then it is OK but if you think she's the love of your life and there's nothing else but her in your future, watch out man!, I've been there and I know why I'm telling you this.

Ghaleon
06-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Fuck her if you're both willing and consenting. Just be careful to avoid any hazards. Angry relatives looking to make your life a mess, et cetera.

Once I stopped allowing other people to dictate who I should be, it was amazing. Yesterday, for example I walked out into the middle of traffic, because I could tell that everyone on the motorway lived in fear of breaking rules. And I was correct. All they did was honk their horns. I didn't even consciously acknowledge any if them. Just kept walking. No point flipping the bird. There were no cops nearby, and even if there had been, I've already endeared myself to them. They're under the impression that I have Aspergers. This allows me to get away with a lot.

StormBringer
06-21-2015, 11:26 AM
If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes.

Around here I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid at the two of you, if they heard about that age difference, different places, different people...

Green
06-27-2015, 08:48 PM
yes, you are old.

aksakallicocuk
06-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Go kill yourself.

ЛыSSый
06-27-2015, 11:24 PM
so funny theme.

my father time by time fucking maidens, who younger in 4 times. I know a lot of married couples with difference more than 10 years.

Oneeye
06-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Go kill yourself.

You seem like a real piece of shit.