PDA

View Full Version : where does wavy and curly hair come from?

Antimage
12-27-2014, 09:36 AM
is it natural for white people to have wavy and curly hair? or is it a sign of black admixture? i have seen german people with curly hair... but not russians and scandinavians.

finşaų
12-27-2014, 09:40 AM
There are Scandinavians and Russians with curly hair. Normally no single characteristic such as "curly hair", "vertically narrow eyes", or "long legs" belongs exclusively to one particular race.

Vasconcelos
12-27-2014, 09:46 AM
As far as I know it's an old CM trait and has absolutely nothing to do with "black admixture". For instance there are many Irish people with curly hair, and they are amongst the northernmost europeans geneticswise.

Antimage
12-27-2014, 09:50 AM
There are Scandinavians and Russians with curly hair. Normally no single characteristic such as "curly hair", "vertically narrow eyes", or "long legs" belongs exclusively to one particular race.

east asians and native americans always have straight hair. I noticed that in europe wavy and curly hair is more common among "woggy" people.

Kawaiine
12-27-2014, 09:57 AM
east asians and native americans always have straight hair. I noticed that in europe wavy and curly hair is more common among "woggy" people.

i am east asian and i have naturally wavy hair

щрбл
12-27-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm under the impression that it's more of a male feature rather than anything else, at least from my personal experience.

In my family, every single female has long straight hair while males have it more or less wavy.

finşaų
12-27-2014, 10:00 AM
east asians and native americans always have straight hair.

Nope.

http://static.eclypsia.com/uploads/media/user_avatar/0001/03/thumb_2712_user_avatar_normal.jpeg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uqq0nGfDluc/Ugfpi0EygZI/AAAAAAAAg6I/gy8ETclzPA8/s640/5669520315_4fe8cca5bb_z.jpg

Mark
12-27-2014, 10:01 AM
There is no direct correlation of curly hair and having SSA/'black' admixture. One quick example; many (Irish and German) Brunns have it. And Brunn is a CM variant.

Antimage
12-27-2014, 10:02 AM
i am east asian and i have naturally wavy hair

how common is wavy hair among east asians? it must be very rare cuz every chinese i see have straight hair

Kawaiine
12-27-2014, 10:04 AM
how common is wavy hair among east asians? it must be very rare cuz every chinese i see have straight hair

yes very very rare

most of my female schoolmates have straight hair, and i'm always the only one have naturally wavy hair

finşaų
12-27-2014, 10:05 AM
There is no correlation of curly hair and having SSA/'black' admixture. One example; many (Irish and German) Brunns have it. And they are a CM variant.

I'm sure that there is a correlation given how most "black" people have frizzy hair that appears to yield looser curls when mixed with straight-haired types. The fact that such a hair texture is predominant amongst Negroids doesn't necessarily (or even probably) mean that it is exclusive to them, though.

Let's compare with this the phenomenon of blondism. Typically associated with (North) Europeans but also fairly common amongst Melanesian Australoids. A given blond person--no other variables known--is statistically likely to be of European ancestry, but is not necessarily so at all.

Mark
12-27-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm sure that there is a correlation given how most "black" people have frizzy hair that appears to yield looser curls when mixed with straight-haired types. The fact that such a hair texture is predominant amongst Negroids doesn't necessarily (or even probably) mean that it is exclusive to them, though.

But what I am trying to say is that many European 'white'/Caucasian people have curly hair and have no appreciable levels of black admix.

finşaų
12-27-2014, 10:10 AM
But what I am trying to say is that many European 'white'/Caucasian people have curly hair and have no appreciable levels of black admix.

Yeah, that is correct.

Vasconcelos
12-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Just because Africans have curly hair, doesn't mean curly hair is an "african trait". This is a logical fallacy.

Antimage
12-28-2014, 03:31 PM
do blacks ever have straight hair? (i mean real 100% blacks not mulattos)

Gaston
12-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Curly hair doesn't even exist in SSA people with no significant Eurasian ancestry. And the curls of mulattos are different from actual curly hair.

In Europe, the most common type of hair is wavy. Then you have straight and curly (and frizzy to a lesser extent, especially with humidity).

Longbowman
12-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Our heads.

Leto
12-28-2014, 05:12 PM
As far as the Afro hair is concerned, it seems to be pretty much a dominant trait. Look at this quadroon boy

http://4.firepic.org/4/images/2014-12/28/l05j1ju2hb9u.jpg (http://firepic.org/)
http://4.firepic.org/4/images/2014-12/28/4cx4cdgkrl65.jpg (http://firepic.org/)

Antimage
12-28-2014, 05:20 PM

bump

Longbowman
12-28-2014, 05:24 PM
As far as the Afro hair is concerned, it seems to be pretty much a dominant trait. Look at this quadroon boy

http://4.firepic.org/4/images/2014-12/28/l05j1ju2hb9u.jpg (http://firepic.org/)
http://4.firepic.org/4/images/2014-12/28/4cx4cdgkrl65.jpg (http://firepic.org/)

Hair texture is not a mendelian attribute and this boy's golden curls are European, not Afro-textured.

Leto
12-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Hair texture is not a mendelian attribute and this boy's golden curls are European, not Afro-textured.
Don't let me say he's white, I'm hated here for such statements. By both whites and non-whites.:D

Longbowman
12-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Don't let me say he's white, I'm hated here for such statements. By both whites and non-whites.:D

He's 75% Euro and looks 90%.

Leto
12-28-2014, 05:42 PM
He's 75% Euro and looks 90%.
Well, I've not proclaimed him white yet.:) Actually, I don't know if the man is indeed 50% African. Maybe less. But the boy has turned out quite light. Dark blond hair, green eyes, light skin.

Longbowman
12-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Well, I've not proclaimed him white yet.:) Actually, I don't know if the man is indeed 50% African. Maybe less. But the boy has turned out quite light. Dark blond hair, green eyes, light skin.

I'm giving him the Longbowman seal of whiteness. And that's a seal from a liberal Englishman with a lot of AJ blood. It's gold.

Leto
12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm giving him the Longbowman seal of whiteness. And that's a seal from a liberal Englishman with a lot of AJ blood. It's gold.
:rotfl LMAO
Maybe I'll use this as my signature.

Catkin
12-28-2014, 05:52 PM
My hair has varied from straight as a child, to very curly/frizzy in my teens, to wavy now. I'm all British Isles and maybe 1/64 German. I still have a few random wiry black hairs that grow near the top of my head- I was expecting some SSA in my 23andme results because of them, but I didn't score any. I'm not familiar enough with Afro-textured hair to know whether that's different- possibly it is. I remember Robert saying he had the same curly hairs, so maybe it is just something that can occur in the British Isles.

Antimage
12-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Curly hair doesn't even exist in SSA people with no significant Eurasian ancestry. And the curls of mulattos are different from actual curly hair.

In Europe, the most common type of hair is wavy. Then you have straight and curly (and frizzy to a lesser extent, especially with humidity).

Longbowman
12-28-2014, 05:54 PM
:rotfl LMAO
Maybe I'll use this as my signature.

I give you using this as your signature my seal of approval.

Unome
12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Afrikans have kinky fro hair.
Mongolids have straight hair.
Europids have wavy hair.

Curliness is an intermediary indicator.

Han Cholo
12-28-2014, 06:02 PM
I have thick shinny wavy hair. Mostly West Euro/Native American mixed here.

Antimage
12-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Afrikans have kinky fro hair.
Mongolids have straight hair.
Europids have wavy hair.

Curliness is an intermediary indicator.

a lot of white people have straight hair.

Teja
12-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Wavy hair is the most common hair type here in Germany. Thats why most woman use hair straightener to make the hair straight.

Unome
12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
It comes from Northern Euro Scandinavian Siberian mong admixture or Eastern Euro (black hair) Hun mong admixture

Aodhan
12-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Greeks have wavy/curly hair

Gaston
12-28-2014, 09:06 PM

No, "nappy" hair is the norm in Sub-Saharan Africa. However, some very negroid-looking Sahelians with North African ancestry end up having straight hair. Still mixed though.

Duke
12-28-2014, 09:18 PM

mong admix

Teja
12-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Wavy hair is the most common hair type here in Germany. Thats why most woman use hair straightener to make the hair straight.

Guapo
12-28-2014, 09:20 PM
is it natural for white people to have wavy and curly hair? or is it a sign of black admixture? i have seen german people with curly hair... but not russians and scandinavians.

from Jews

Duke
12-28-2014, 09:24 PM
here is how it is..

-Staright hair is thick hair follicle, shaped almost perfect round, evolved in cold conditions as thick hair was needed to keep head worm, its primarily mong trait, because early mongs lived in siberia and evolved in cold contitions.

-Frizzy hair is flat hair follicle, it developed in extreme heat and sun conditions, as hair frizzes up, it crates shade for top of the head to protect brain from sun, its primary SSA trait, who evolved in Africa sun.

-Wavy to curly hair is ellipsoid hair follicle, evolved in temperate conditions, where there are big differences between seasons, it needed to be thicker for winter seasons, and still have some volume for summer seasons, Primarily Caucasoid trait, who evolved in temperate climate

Thats my take on it