PDA

View Full Version : Should Ireland be independent and unified?

Mars06
12-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Vote in the poll, and give your reasoning.

Longbowman
12-30-2014, 01:45 AM
1) You have no poll
2) Ireland is already independent
3) No.

Mars06
12-30-2014, 01:49 AM
1) You have no poll
2) Ireland is already independent
3) No.

Added the poll, and changed topic to "independent and unified".

Longbowman
12-30-2014, 01:51 AM
Added the poll, and changed topic to "independent and unified".

No.

Mars06
12-30-2014, 02:07 AM
My thoughts: the best practical arrangement would be either to continue the status quo or have Ireland accept the monarchy, as a commonwealth realm, as a compromise between Catholics and Protestants.

Unification under the Republic of Ireland would not be a good idea, seeing as most Northern Irish would not consent to Catholic rule. Any solution to unify Ireland would have to provide some sort of special consideration for the Protestant Northern Irish community in order to gain public consent

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
01-12-2015, 12:56 AM
I am an American loyalist, of mostly Irish descent. My last name is Irish, etc. so I have an intense interest in Irish politics. And I am a loyalist because there's a part of my family that comes from Canada and they are descended from United Empire Loyalists, the folks who fought for the Crown in the American Revolutionary War and settled in Canada after the war. So my ancestors fought against yankee scum. My ancestors put their life on the line for that. I think I have ancestors who fought alongside yankee scum in the war as well...and I acknowledge them and I respect that they fought for what they believed in...even though I don't believe in it...anyways, yeah. I am a loyalist mostly for ideological reasons...but this isn't about that, it's about Ireland..so I'll explain my stance.

I think the R.O.I. should remain independent, but Northern Ireland (Ulster) should remain British. My ancestors came from Cork, as far as I know, by the way. And I do have Scots-Irish blood in me on my Mother's side, which is interesting. But seriously, many people fought and died for Irish independence..and it's clear that the people in the R.O.I. want to remain fully independent. And ultimately, it should be up to them. If the people in Ulster wanted to join the R.O.I. then I say let them. As far as I know the majority still wants to be British...though.

The Gaelic language needs to survive and I know some people in the North don't give a damn about that. Some, definitely not all. There are efforts I'm sure in the North to preserve the Gaelic language. Anyways you see, the Irish are different than the British culturally, and they don't count as British (except for the Ulstermen) because they are not on the island of BRITAIN. Britain in my mind is supposed to be England, Scotland, etc...that's what British is to me. Because 'British' comes from BRITAIN. And Ireland is a different island. Britain, as I see it is the unification of English, Welsh, Scottish, etc. cultures, united because they are all from the same island. Irish really don't count.

However, the reason I am an American loyalist is because I think the original culture of the U.S. was what they say 'W.A.S.P.' and we spoke English, our ancestors came from England, we were just very English. Hence the special relationship we have with the U.K. we are too much alike. Of course there are definite differences, but we are more like the English than anyone else. We should retain a political connection with England/Britain. That's just the way I see it. Australia and Canada retained political connections with the U.K. for a long time. We need to be like pre-westminster statute Canada or Australia. We should be a dominion. We should at least join the Commonwealth, as we have all the qualifications. I don't see the Queen as tyrannical because she is a different person than her ancestors. Her ancestors may have done bad things, but the Queen herself is a swell lady as far as I'm concerned. So I am not offended to have her as my Queen. The people in Ulster remind me of the earlier Americans. Definitely a cultural connection with Britain, as their ancestors came from there and are definitely influenced. The people in Ulster remind me a lot of earlier Americans and even Americans today who are of W.A.S.P. descent. So yeah, Ulster should stay British so long as that is what they want to be!

Neon Knight
01-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Even most of the catholics in Northern Ireland want to stay in the UK so it looks like we are stuck with them.

01-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Even most of the catholics in Northern Ireland want to stay in the UK so it looks like we are stuck with them.

I forgot to mention that I think it's WISE to stay in the U.K. Those Catholics want to be British so they can keep their pockets full...Northern Irish are richer than people from the R.O.I...the economy is better because they are in the U.K...I don't think the U.K. wants them even because of this.

Smaug
01-12-2015, 01:22 AM
You are a hundred years late mate.

Leo Iscariot
01-12-2015, 01:23 AM
I am an American loyalist

Holy shit, we still have those??

Rudel
01-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Just purge the Protestants off the land.

Nat King Cole
01-12-2015, 01:33 AM
I am an American loyalist, of mostly Irish descent. My last name is Irish, etc. so I have an intense interest in Irish politics. And I am a loyalist because there's a part of my family that comes from Canada and they are descended from United Empire Loyalists, the folks who fought for the Crown in the American Revolutionary War and settled in Canada after the war. So my ancestors fought against yankee scum. My ancestors put their life on the line for that. I think I have ancestors who fought alongside yankee scum in the war as well...and I acknowledge them and I respect that they fought for what they believed in...even though I don't believe in it...anyways, yeah. I am a loyalist mostly for ideological reasons...but this isn't about that, it's about Ireland..so I'll explain my stance.

I think the R.O.I. should remain independent, but Northern Ireland (Ulster) should remain British. My ancestors came from Cork, as far as I know, by the way. And I do have Scots-Irish blood in me on my Mother's side, which is interesting. But seriously, many people fought and died for Irish independence..and it's clear that the people in the R.O.I. want to remain fully independent. And ultimately, it should be up to them. If the people in Ulster wanted to join the R.O.I. then I say let them. As far as I know the majority still wants to be British...though.

The Gaelic language needs to survive and I know some people in the North don't give a damn about that. Some, definitely not all. There are efforts I'm sure in the North to preserve the Gaelic language. Anyways you see, the Irish are different than the British culturally, and they don't count as British (except for the Ulstermen) because they are not on the island of BRITAIN. Britain in my mind is supposed to be England, Scotland, etc...that's what British is to me. Because 'British' comes from BRITAIN. And Ireland is a different island. Britain, as I see it is the unification of English, Welsh, Scottish, etc. cultures, united because they are all from the same island. Irish really don't count.

However, the reason I am an American loyalist is because I think the original culture of the U.S. was what they say 'W.A.S.P.' and we spoke English, our ancestors came from England, we were just very English. Hence the special relationship we have with the U.K. we are too much alike. Of course there are definite differences, but we are more like the English than anyone else. We should retain a political connection with England/Britain. That's just the way I see it. Australia and Canada retained political connections with the U.K. for a long time. We need to be like pre-westminster statute Canada or Australia. We should be a dominion. We should at least join the Commonwealth, as we have all the qualifications. I don't see the Queen as tyrannical because she is a different person than her ancestors. Her ancestors may have done bad things, but the Queen herself is a swell lady as far as I'm concerned. So I am not offended to have her as my Queen. The people in Ulster remind me of the earlier Americans. Definitely a cultural connection with Britain, as their ancestors came from there and are definitely influenced. The people in Ulster remind me a lot of earlier Americans and even Americans today who are of W.A.S.P. descent. So yeah, Ulster should stay British so long as that is what they want to be!

Lol

01-12-2015, 02:06 AM

Well there is a resurgence in American loyalists lately. History geeks like me who look back at American history and think we should have stayed loyal are mostly the kind of people who are becoming American loyalists. I am not alone. For me it's more personal though cuz I am descended from Canadian United Empire Loyalists...so my family fought to stay British.

01-12-2015, 02:07 AM
Lol

What's funny?

Nat King Cole
01-12-2015, 02:18 AM
What's funny?

Everything you wrote is funny. First of all, there is literally no such thing as a "British loyalist" in North America. It doesn't exist. You are either a Canadian or you are a Brit, and I doubt you have British citizenship, so you're a Canadian.

I mean, is this some kind of joke?

FeederOfRavens
01-12-2015, 02:21 AM
Everything you wrote is funny. First of all, there is literally no such thing as a "British loyalist" in North America. It doesn't exist. You are either a Canadian or you are a Brit, and I doubt you have British citizenship, so you're a Canadian.

Canadians are technically still British Loyalists(Loyal to the British Crown) and plenty of Loyalists from America came to Canada at the end of the Revolutionary War.

Nat King Cole
01-12-2015, 02:25 AM
Canadians are technically still British Loyalists(Loyal to the British Crown) and plenty of Loyalists from America came to Canada at the end of the Revolutionary War.

Well, this guy is American anyway. And he's full of crap, just like these other "loyalists" I've seen pop up on this website from time to time.

01-12-2015, 02:26 AM

Um..British loyalists in North America obviously exist. I am one. Are you saying I don't exist? I believe what is now the United States of America should have remained a British colony. That's all.

01-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Well, this guy is American anyway. And he's full of crap, just like these other "loyalists" I've seen pop up on this website from time to time.

What is your reasoning? Why am I 'full of crap'? You do not provide evidence.

Nat King Cole
01-12-2015, 02:31 AM
Um..British loyalists in North America obviously exist. I am one. Are you saying I don't exist? I believe what is now the United States of America should have remained a British colony. That's all.

What you believe is a fantasy, yeah. There is no such thing as a British loyalist in America. You aren't a British citizen and can't serve Britain in any official or legitimate capacity. I'm inclined to think that you are playing make-believe because you have too much time on your hands. Just like that insightful fellow, what's his name- Jim Crow, that's right. He also believes that he is a "British loyalist".

01-12-2015, 02:32 AM
What you believe is a fantasy, yeah. There is no such thing as a British loyalist in America. You aren't a British citizen and can't serve Britain in any official or legitimate capacity. I'm inclined to think that you are playing make-believe because you have too much time on your hands. Just like that insightful fellow, what's his name- Jim Crow, that's right. He also believes that he is a "British loyalist".

You don't have to be British to be a British loyalist.

Nat King Cole
01-12-2015, 02:36 AM

I'm loyal to Candyland. A Candyland loyalist.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 03:18 AM

Its equally shocking we have brown people like you with full rights and everything.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 03:20 AM

It would be best if you just moved to Canada. That is apart of Britain. America is not British and wont ever be. True Americans though have British [English] ancestry. Everyone else are plastic americans.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 03:21 AM

southern wog brown people have no right discussing Northern European culture or people. Get out of here genetic trash :thumb001:

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 03:22 AM

This is only truth. It wont register with a Wog brain.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 03:24 AM

Not a British loyalist you brown piece of genetic trash. I claimed that real Americans are descended from British roots. Go ahead claim that is wrong because it is truth. You are not an American but some piece of brown trash that floated upon my shores in the late 1800s. Catholic heathen!

Nat King Cole
01-12-2015, 03:27 AM
Not a British loyalist you brown piece of genetic trash. I claimed that real Americans are descended from British roots. Go ahead claim that is wrong because it is truth. You are not an American but some piece of brown trash that floated upon my shores in the late 1800s. Catholic heathen!

Well, it was the Anglo-Protestants who started the progressive movement. Even though my ancestors were from Southern Europe and were relative newcomers, they were still more conservative and traditional than yours.

Gooding
01-12-2015, 03:36 AM

I voted the first choice. People should be governed as they wish. There are a lot of Unionists in Northern Ireland who are fiercely proud to be British and wouldn't mind a little bloodshed to make sure they stay that way. The people of the Republic of Ireland ( I suppose) are quite content to be ruled by Dublin.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Well, it was the Anglo-Protestants who started the progressive movement. Even though my ancestors were from Southern Europe and were relative newcomers, they were still more conservative and traditional than yours.

Not at all. You don't speak for my people you brown savage.

Leo Iscariot
01-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Well there is a resurgence in American loyalists lately. History geeks like me who look back at American history and think we should have stayed loyal are mostly the kind of people who are becoming American loyalists. I am not alone. For me it's more personal though cuz I am descended from Canadian United Empire Loyalists...so my family fought to stay British.
Interesting. So how big is this "resurgence" would you say?

Also it's kind of cool that you're descended from UALs. Does your family have a coat of arms?

Its equally shocking we have brown people like you with full rights and everything.

You're not as funny when you're trying so hard.

01-12-2015, 11:25 AM

Also it's kind of cool that you're descended from UALs. Does your family have a coat of arms?

It's not that much but I have noticed more people like me on the interwebs who believe that this country should retain a political connection with the U.K. and it's not as crazy as nat king cole makes it sound, it's rational that we should retain a political connection to the U.K. like pre-westminster statute Canada because the U.K. is where the ancestors of the first Americans came from. I know there were people here before the wasps but they didn't consider themselves American. I agree with lighthouse, as racist and idiotic as he may be, he's right that the wasps are the true native americans and our culture/identity comes from them. It's logical to retain a political connection with the land of our ancestors. And it's not like it's biased towards the wasp point of view, I mean there are Irish-Australians who are happy that Australia still recognizes the royal family. Really, lighthouse is right that everyone here is really immigrant descendants except for the wasps, because the wasps were the first real Americans. They were not the first people from this land, but they were the first Americans. And their culture was not too different from their cousins in Britain. Why do you think Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc. retained political connections with the U.K. until the statute of westminster in 1931? Partly to honor their ancestors. Why else do they display the British flag on their own countries' flags?

There are definite cultural differences between the British and the Americans. But compared to all the other cultures of the world we are the most similar. We have a 'special relationship' according to Winston Churchill and I agree. It is logical that we should retain a political connection with the U.K. and don't forget that the very language that most of our citizens speak at a native level and the language your immigrant ancestors had to LEARN when they came here came from the island of Great Britain. That right there proves the culture of this country is a wasp one.

Also, my ancestor who fought for the right to be British in the revolutionary war, who settled in Canada after the war, his name was David Palmer Utter, and you can see here: https://sites.google.com/site/niagarasettlers/petitions-u his petition to settle in Canada after the war. You need to scroll all the way down to see. He is the last one there. He was a doctor and the yanks closed his business after the war just because he fought to be British.

Graham
01-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Northern Ireland should be split again. Only the East can remain as UK & the rest to the Republic. The more practical solution currently.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Northern_Ireland_election_seats_1997-2010.svg/1000px-Northern_Ireland_election_seats_1997-2010.svg.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Demographics_of_Northern_Ireland_-_Catholic_Community_2011.png

01-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Northern Ireland should be split again. Only the East can remain as UK, the more practical solution. Currently.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Northern_Ireland_election_seats_1997-2010.svg/1000px-Northern_Ireland_election_seats_1997-2010.svg.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Demographics_of_Northern_Ireland_-_Catholic_Community_2011.png

But don't the Catholics want to be British as well?

Graham
01-12-2015, 11:43 AM

I doubt it. Considering the smaller Catholic population in Scotland voted to leave the UK. Who have a good ties with the Ulster Catholics. I'd be wary of some polls, on how the question is asked and split.

01-12-2015, 11:45 AM
I doubt it. Considering the smaller Catholic population in Scotland voted to leave the UK. Who have a good ties with the Ulster Catholics. I'd be wary of some polls, on how the question is asked and split.

Well I thought I heard that the Catholics wanted to be British as well but your probably right. If you don't mind me asking, Graham, are you a loyalist or did you vote nae? I won't try to convert you to loyalism or anything I am just curious.

Graham
01-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Well I thought I heard that the Catholics wanted to be British as well but your probably right. If you don't mind me asking, Graham, are you a loyalist or did you vote nae? I won't try to convert you to loyalism or anything I am just curious.

Loyalism in Scotland has a different meaning. It is only a subset of Unionism. More to do with the Orange Lodge & Rangers Football club.

And I voted yes..

01-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Loyalism in Scotland has a different meaning. It is only a subset of Unionism. More to do with the Orange Lodge & Rangers Football club.

And I voted yes..

I was wondering whether to say Unionist or Loyalist, actually....

And did you know we have a few lodges here in the States?

Graham
01-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I was wondering whether to say Unionist or Loyalist, actually....

And did you know we have a few lodges here in the States?

Wouldn't surprise me. Northern Irish people did migrate in the 19th century.

01-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. Northern Irish people did migrate in the 19th century. Where do you think the name Billy comes from too? :)

It comes from King Billy. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but this is for the other people reading this, what he means is hillbillies. Most of them are of 'Scots-Irish' a.k.a. Ulster Scots descent, and they are called hillbillies because of King Billy who is a celebrity in Northern Ireland because he defeated the Catholics at the Boyne. And this has to do with the Orangemen because they celebrate the day King Billy won the fight and named themselves after King William of Orange (that's King Billy). They all refer to him as King Billy there though.

And yes, Graham you are absolutely correct. The lodges we have here were started by those Ulstermen who came here in the 19th century and are still around today.

01-12-2015, 12:07 PM
We have a few lodges here but I don't think we have any 'Gers fans. There are definitely Celtic fans in N.Y.C., though.

Dombra
01-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Severna Irska je Britanija

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:07 PM

You're not as funny when you're trying so hard.

I like the fact you think you are white. You are a tri-racial tragedy. Accept it brown boy.

Anyway I don't think you have any place with an opinion on this topic. Go back to that cesspool Island you are from commie.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM

How about not caring about it at all? You live in USA it isn't any of your business anyway. Get it in your head we are not British!

01-12-2015, 08:12 PM
How about not caring about it at all? You live in USA it isn't any of your business anyway. Get it in your head we are not British!

When did I ONCE say I was British? I never claimed to be British. I am not British.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:13 PM

I personally do not care what happens there. It isn't my business just like what happens here isn't anyone's business. Im sure if the Irish really wanted to break away it would have happened. Mind you I doubt anything will change there. The Republic of Ireland is a joke as is the UK as they are both tied into the Eurozone. The best thing that could happen is they break free of the Eurozone altogether both the Republic of Ireland and the UK. But this wont happen either.

My opinion is the people there do not care so why should I care? I am not Irish, British or European so it is not my business really telling them what should happen or shouldn't happen. Many of them want to be apart of the Eurozone and become globalized and diverse. Sadly these folks have been in recent years coming here to find work. I hope this retarded government I live under stops this for good and prevents EU citizens and South American tri-racials from coming here.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:14 PM
When did I ONCE say I was British? I never claimed to be British. I am not British.

:rolleyes: What I mean is we are not a commonwealth nation and the UK isn't interested in considering us as one. Get over it. The war was fought and has been over for 3 centuries.

01-12-2015, 08:16 PM
:rolleyes: What I mean is we are not a commonwealth nation and the UK isn't interested in considering us as one. Get over it. The war was fought and has been over for 3 centuries.

But we have all the qualifications to be a commonwealth nation. Besides my ancestors fought against yank scum like yourself so fuck off.

alfieb
01-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Great Shitain is an imperialist cancer which should've gone the way of the dodo like other imperialistic feudal countries.

I'd rather see A) unified Ireland or B) Ireland+Scotland as some sort of new Gaelic-Celtic country separate from England/Wales than the status quo, which makes no sense.

Britain out of Argentina. Britain out of Gibraltar. Britain out of Cyprus. Britain out of Ireland.

Ballist
01-12-2015, 08:20 PM
I am an American loyalist

http://i58.tinypic.com/i4n1mp.jpg

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:21 PM
But we have all the qualifications to be a commonwealth nation. Besides my ancestors fought against yank scum like yourself so fuck off.

Well if this happens you can rest assure there will be another war of independence. Give us Liberty or Give us death! America needs another civil war :thumb001:

I have a loyalist ancestors but I really do not care about loyalism, unionism, IRA crap or any of this foreign bullshit brought here by lowlife immigrants.

01-12-2015, 08:22 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/i4n1mp.jpg

Fuck that guy.

01-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Well if this happens you can rest assure there will be another war of independence. Give us Liberty or Give us death! America needs another civil war :thumb001:

I have a loyalist ancestors but I really do not care about loyalism, unionism, IRA crap or any of this foreign bullshit brought here by lowlife immigrants.

I am fucking immigrating to Canada one day.

Willem
01-12-2015, 08:24 PM
The Common Travel area gives Irish people more rights in the UK over other EU nationals. So, there's no need to give up sovereignty to the UK when there's total freedom of movement between the two regions.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:24 PM
I am fucking immigrating to Canada one day.

:thumb001: be warned it is less white than here.

01-12-2015, 08:25 PM
:thumb001: be warned it is less white than here.

So?

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:25 PM
The Common Travel area gives Irish people more rights in the UK over other EU nationals. So, there's no need to give up sovereignty to the UK when there's total freedom of movement between the two regions.

Why are so many of them coming here? I want them to leave. Its bad enough we have blacks and tri-racials stealing our jobs. We don't need these free loaders too.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:26 PM
So?

:thumb001: Well in that case enjoy! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ballist
01-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Fuck that guy.

Umad

http://i62.tinypic.com/mmbfac.jpg

Willem
01-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Why are so many of them coming here? I want them to leave. Its bad enough we have blacks and tri-racials stealing our jobs. We don't need these free loaders too.

Who do you mean by 'them'?

Not many British people live in Ireland, more Irish people live in the UK than vice versa.

01-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Umad

http://i62.tinypic.com/mmbfac.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KWaj4P4Q_Y

Leto
01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Didn't you say you were WASP, hence British?:rolleyes:

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Didn't you say you were WASP, hence British?:rolleyes:

This has caused confusion and now I will have to explain everything.

WASP=White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. However mind you anyone who was white, protestant and north western euro would be considered a WASP.

British in a previous thread I had meant ethnically a good chunk of White Americans descend from. Not all but many. To me they are the real Americans but mind you most of them came from England and Northern Ireland. If you read Albion's seed it goes into detail on this topic. America is an Anglo-Saxon creation not British. It was created out of the Kingdom of England not the British Empire. The British Empire came after the Act of the Union in the UK. By the time it had come about people here did not consider themselves Brits but Anglo-Saxons.

Leto
01-12-2015, 08:49 PM
This has caused confusion and now I will have to explain everything.

WASP=White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. However mind you anyone who was white, protestant and north western euro would be considered a WASP.

British in a previous thread I had meant ethnically a good chunk of White Americans descend from. Not all but many. To me they are the real Americans but mind you most of them came from England and Northern Ireland. If you read Albion's seed it goes into detail on this topic. America is an Anglo-Saxon creation not British. It was created out of the Kingdom of England not the British Empire. The British Empire came after the Act of the Union in the UK. By the time it had come about people here did not consider themselves Brits but Anglo-Saxons.
Well, Anglo-Saxons are basically British people (English, Scottish, Protestant Irish, Welsh), German & Dutch Protestants and Scandinavians, according to this logic.

LightHouse89
01-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Well, Anglo-Saxons are basically British people (English, Scottish, Protestant Irish, Welsh), German & Dutch Protestants and Scandinavians, according to this logic.

The reason behind this during the 1800s was that these people could easily adapt to life here and could assimilate. Religiously and culturally they could easily fit in as they do not differ greatly.

When the nation was ran by sane people this was the law on the books. When greedy plutocrats corrupted Democracy then came the other waves of incompatible peoples. This is why today we are secular and seeing even more religions added to the brown melting pot. Plutocrats and Liberals back in the early 1900s ruined America. Only German protestants were liked here as the Catholics caused many problems here be them German, Italian, Irish etc... to this day these people are criminals here and run mob groups. They are not much better than blacks or tri-racials from the Caribbean.

Leo Iscariot
01-17-2015, 08:03 AM
It's not that much but I have noticed more people like me on the interwebs who believe that this country should retain a political connection with the U.K. and it's not as crazy as nat king cole makes it sound, it's rational that we should retain a political connection to the U.K. like pre-westminster statute Canada because the U.K. is where the ancestors of the first Americans came from. I know there were people here before the wasps but they didn't consider themselves American. I agree with lighthouse, as racist and idiotic as he may be, he's right that the wasps are the true native americans and our culture/identity comes from them. It's logical to retain a political connection with the land of our ancestors. And it's not like it's biased towards the wasp point of view, I mean there are Irish-Australians who are happy that Australia still recognizes the royal family. Really, lighthouse is right that everyone here is really immigrant descendants except for the wasps, because the wasps were the first real Americans. They were not the first people from this land, but they were the first Americans. And their culture was not too different from their cousins in Britain. Why do you think Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc. retained political connections with the U.K. until the statute of westminster in 1931? Partly to honor their ancestors. Why else do they display the British flag on their own countries' flags?

There are definite cultural differences between the British and the Americans. But compared to all the other cultures of the world we are the most similar. We have a 'special relationship' according to Winston Churchill and I agree. It is logical that we should retain a political connection with the U.K. and don't forget that the very language that most of our citizens speak at a native level and the language your immigrant ancestors had to LEARN when they came here came from the island of Great Britain. That right there proves the culture of this country is a wasp one.

Also, my ancestor who fought for the right to be British in the revolutionary war, who settled in Canada after the war, his name was David Palmer Utter, and you can see here: https://sites.google.com/site/niagarasettlers/petitions-u his petition to settle in Canada after the war. You need to scroll all the way down to see. He is the last one there. He was a doctor and the yanks closed his business after the war just because he fought to be British.
So do you seek to return the US to British control, or more like just join the British Commonwealth? I'm just confused as to what a Loyalist hopes to accomplish in this day and age.

That's pretty interesting. Have you ever thought of moving back to Canada, or to the UK?

I like the fact you think you are white. You are a tri-racial tragedy. Accept it brown boy.

Anyway I don't think you have any place with an opinion on this topic. Go back to that cesspool Island you are from commie.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2z4i71c.gif

Grace O'Malley
01-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Who do you mean by 'them'?

Not many British people live in Ireland, more Irish people live in the UK than vice versa.

There are quite a few Brits living in Ireland especially when you look at it as a percentage of population.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/one-in-nine-people-living-in-ireland-were-born-abroad-209895.html

Gooding
01-17-2015, 03:05 PM

Correct. It's a catch- all phrase and catch- all phrases are very rarely helpful in classifications. To the OP, I think I already wrote that people should be ruled by the governments that they choose for themselves. I think that this separation on religious and political grounds is tragic and that the Irish people ( "green" and " orange" alike) should try to focus on their commonalities rather than what separates them.

thedocoz123
01-25-2015, 04:09 PM
We would be better off in the UK. (said none of my relatives, ever.)

Weedman
05-11-2015, 11:57 AM
you're an idiot

British is a nationality (anyone who is a citizen of Gr. Britain)

and you're confusing the ethnic-British or, someone of ethnically-British origins, for someone who is British, merely as a nationality/citizenship.

anyway, the ROI should be exactly as it has been, as an independent Republic, unless the people/citizens of Eire vote and decide otherwise, for their own country and where they live.

as for Northern Ireland, the people of Northern Ireland ALONE, should be able to decide, if they want NI to be in the UK, or part of the ROI, or anything else.

Catholic, Protestant, what the fuck ever, they are all citizens of Northern Ireland, and only the citizens ,and people, of Northern Ireland should be able to vote, and decide, and get to say what the fuck happens to Northern Ireland, and no one else.

and since now, the Protestants are no longer a clear majority anymore, and the catholic-protestant population is roughly 50/50, then it should be more even, than when the country was created/founded.

not to mention, you have other people who live there, for business, etc... that are not part of either population, or either community, but are still legal citizens of NI.

the citizens of NI should get to vote on what they want for their country, and only they and they alone

nobody fucking else.

and whatever majority rules, then that's how it should be, unless/until the people of NI , or by a majority, say otherwise.

it cant be that fucking, fucking hard to figure out.

everyone gets to vote, on what they want, in their own fucking country, and for the fate of their own country------------SIMPLE ENOUGH

and in the case of NI, no fucking outsiders,-Brits, American, Irish, or otherwise.

ONLY the citizens, and people, of NI ,get to fucking vote, and decide for themselves, what the fuck they want, for their country.

Hithaeglir
05-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Independent,as it is now.

LightHouse89
05-11-2015, 12:03 PM
So do you seek to return the US to British control, or more like just join the British Commonwealth? I'm just confused as to what a Loyalist hopes to accomplish in this day and age.

That's pretty interesting. Have you ever thought of moving back to Canada, or to the UK?

http://i58.tinypic.com/2z4i71c.gif

How cute. This is how the latino brain works.

Embrace your subhumanity.

LightHouse89
05-11-2015, 12:07 PM
you're an idiot

British is a nationality (anyone who is a citizen of Gr. Britain)

and you're confusing the ethnic-British or, someone of ethnically-British origins, for someone who is British, merely as a nationality/citizenship.

anyway, the ROI should be exactly as it has been, as an independent Republic, unless the people/citizens of Eire vote and decide otherwise, for their own country and where they live.

as for Northern Ireland, the people of Northern Ireland ALONE, should be able to decide, if they want NI to be in the UK, or part of the ROI, or anything else.

Catholic, Protestant, what the fuck ever, they are all citizens of Northern Ireland, and only the citizens ,and people, of Northern Ireland should be able to vote, and decide, and get to say what the fuck happens to Northern Ireland, and no one else.

and since now, the Protestants are no longer a clear majority anymore, and the catholic-protestant population is roughly 50/50, then it should be more even, than when the country was created/founded.

not to mention, you have other people who live there, for business, etc... that are not part of either population, or either community, but are still legal citizens of NI.

the citizens of NI should get to vote on what they want for their country, and only they and they alone

nobody fucking else.

and whatever majority rules, then that's how it should be, unless/until the people of NI , or by a majority, say otherwise.

it cant be that fucking, fucking hard to figure out.

everyone gets to vote, on what they want, in their own fucking country, and for the fate of their own country------------SIMPLE ENOUGH

and in the case of NI, no fucking outsiders,-Brits, American, Irish, or otherwise.

ONLY the citizens, and people, of NI ,get to fucking vote, and decide for themselves, what the fuck they want, for their country.

British isnt just citizenship dude.

A nigger in the UK isnt British. A paki in the UK isnt British.

A piece of paper claiming you are the citizen of something doesnt make you really apart of that country or culture.

Get out of the American way of thinking. Its subhuman middle class thinking.

Weedman
05-11-2015, 02:32 PM
you misread my post

yeah but Americans of Old British stock are not British by culture

except for the general Anglo-sphere thing

I took it to mean, that people actually living in the U.K., and are FROM there, generally speaking are British

all I was saying is how just because someone comes from ethnic-British ancestry dosnt mean they are culturally British or in a national sense either.

when Irish people used to say shit like "Brits out!" and crap, they weren't talking about White Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, Anglo-Africans, or Anglophones from Canada

as for your post, you do have be from there, or come from there , to be culturally British