PDA

View Full Version : Pig's head hung on Mosque door in Vienna

European Knight
01-04-2015, 05:43 AM
http://www.thelocal.at/userdata/images/article/w468/7f23cb00f44da692edecadff900fbfbf323dd82504e1d02ee4 34a2eff5ce9b0d.jpg

In a barbaric affront to Muslim sensibilities, part of a pig's head and some pork tripe was attached to the door of a Mosque in Vienna's 21st district on Christmas day.

The imam of the Kocatepe mosque spoke to the Andadolu press agency about the incident, condemning the vandalism as an "unacceptable" act. The head of the Turkish-Islamist Union in Vienna (ATIB), Fatih Karadaş, condemned the attack saying that "this is not an attack against Muslims but the whole of humanity. We, as Muslims, will preserve our calm and collective attitude."

This is not the first incident of its type, as Austria's Muslim community has been attacked several times this year in similar hate crimes. An Imam Hatip school in Vienna that concentrates on religious education was also vandalized. A pig's head was left in front of the school's door during Ramadan in early October.

http://www.thelocal.at/20141227/pigs-head-nailed-to-mosque-door-in-vienna

armenianbodyhair
01-04-2015, 05:45 AM
itt: Europeans show how superior they are by acting like highschool seniors

Unome
01-04-2015, 05:46 AM
In a barbaric affront to Muslim sensibilities
As opposed to decapitating the heads of Europeans???

armenianbodyhair
01-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Beitel why the thumbs down? You think the solution is to stoop to their level?

Beit El
01-04-2015, 05:54 AM

Yes. Mass executions would help a lot.

armenianbodyhair
01-04-2015, 05:57 AM

Doubt it

Beit El
01-04-2015, 05:58 AM
Doubt it

Here's a group of troublemakers. We execute the group of troublemakers. Problem solved.

armenianbodyhair
01-04-2015, 06:01 AM
Here's a group of troublemakers. We execute the group of troublemakers. Problem solved.

Generally not it will inspire sympathy towards them.

TIGERZZZ
01-04-2015, 06:07 AM
wow, what a waste of pork

asingh
01-04-2015, 06:14 AM
Bad.

Obscene
01-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Nice!

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
01-04-2015, 04:41 PM
"this is not an attack against Muslims but the whole of humanity. We, as Muslims, will preserve our calm and collective attitude."[/B]
I felt like that door was attacked really

JoeyGee8688
01-04-2015, 04:45 PM
this is not an attack against Muslims but the whole of humanity

Not everyone feels that humanity is one big family.

Dandelion
01-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Here's another example (sadly with grammatical errors)

http://1.nieuwsbladcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2013/05/29/DSC_0470_2.jpg

щрбл
01-04-2015, 04:55 PM
This is plain sick. I'm disgusted by animal cruelty.

Leto
01-04-2015, 05:08 PM
(sadly with grammatical errors)
I cannot see the error. The article isn't necessary, though.

Dandelion
01-04-2015, 05:23 PM
I cannot see the error. The article isn't necessary, though.

Yep, which is incorrect in English, correct in Dutch. Point is, hanging pig's heads in front of mosques is a fairly common practice in Europe and increasing in popularity.

Oneeye
01-04-2015, 05:42 PM
http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/slide-one-uniqueness-001-980x280093816-300x1501.jpg?w=300&h=150&crop=1

Ballist
01-04-2015, 05:55 PM

That will only make them more mad. This is why there's terrorism. A bunch of Muslims do a heinous act of violence on an important building for trade with plenty of people and now the US retaliates with killing more than 1,000,000 civilians. "Whoops, sorry".

Yuffayur
01-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Lol funny.

armenianbodyhair
01-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Here's another example (sadly with grammatical errors)

http://1.nieuwsbladcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2013/05/29/DSC_0470_2.jpg

Right in the pussy

Incal
01-04-2015, 09:13 PM
That will only make them more mad. This is why there's terrorism. A bunch of Muslims do a heinous act of violence on an important building for trade with plenty of people and now the US retaliates with killing more than 1,000,000 civilians. "Whoops, sorry".

There is terrosism because muslims were allowed into the West. If there were none, anytime they'd had a tantrum, they'd just blow each other in the desert.

Trun
01-04-2015, 09:17 PM
This is plain sick. I'm disgusted by animal cruelty.

Yes indeed, cruelty against Muslims is not ok.

Borna
01-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Firstly Sweden, now Austria.
Its more then i thought. A good start.

Jana
01-04-2015, 09:29 PM
How primitive.

Bloodsport
01-04-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm not in favour or asking uncivilised but the fact is most Islamic communities in Europe act very uncivilised and try to take over whatever the area.

Pjeter Pan
01-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Unrelated topic, my uncle back home killed some pigs today, but no mosque in my village thou.

oh-nahhh
01-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Hey, Pork You Islam!

Ballist
01-04-2015, 11:16 PM
There is terrosism because muslims were allowed into the West. If there were none, anytime they'd had a tantrum, they'd just blow each other in the desert.

Oh my God. You are brainwashed, you poor thing. The Soviets and the US invade the Middle East, people retaliate. Instead of just overthrowing Hussein's rule and bombing the country's military equipment from the SU, the US invades it due to the economic opportunities (oil). A bunch of terrorists who are mad at a bunch of Christians for doing this are now retaliating and the US overreacts. It is terrible, but just think about what Palestine is going through. A bunch of extremist Jews/well funded terrorists/the IDF start bombing civilians instead of the militant group it created to overthrow the Palestinian leadership (Arafat). Now the Israeli government are killing people just because "Hur hur it says in the Torah that I have to create a state here"> The people who are welcomed from the fire of the Holocaust into their homeland are now betraying their hosts with superpowers at their side. You must be thinking "But wait, a superpower can't do that. They're all about justice!" But wait, there's more! 3 decades ago, the Brits, Russians, French, and a bunch of the superpowers split original Albania and gave the land like Kosovo to its neighbors i.e. Greece & Yugoslavia (Serbian Empire).

Ballist
01-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Hey, Pork You Islam!

Beef you, too.

Ballist
01-04-2015, 11:18 PM
I'm not in favour or asking uncivilised but the fact is most Islamic communities in Europe act very uncivilised and try to take over whatever the area.

:lol: OK, go to Albania, kid.

Borna
01-04-2015, 11:21 PM
:lol: OK, go to Albania, kid.

Very same Albanians who throw torches on police cars in Sweden?

But you are Muslim, you are defending yourself, you are honest enemy to me, rather than traitor like Feeichy who would populate her fellow Muslims from Bosnia to every square meter in Croatia.

Ballist
01-04-2015, 11:26 PM

But you are Muslim, you are defending yourself, you are honest enemy to me, rather than traitor like Feeichy who would populate her fellow Muslims from Bosnia to every square meter in Croatia.

I'm sure that happens often. :rofl: My people have helped yours being the selfless people they are, look up Bekim Berisha and Agim Ceku. Agim was even proposed to be defense minister for Croatia. And Albanian Muslims are good friends with Croats because we helped each other in 91' and 99'. I am not defending myself, but people who suffer and are aharrased. And please, I don't give a flying FUCK about what people think about me.

Jana
01-04-2015, 11:28 PM

You'll never learn ;)

Borna
01-04-2015, 11:29 PM
You'll never learn ;)

What is there to learn ? That you are spiting on a 400 years old struggle of my ancestors against very same Muslims you are so fond of ?
What is there to learn or understand ?

And Albanian Muslims are good friends with Croats because we helped each other in 91' and 99'.

No one helped Croatia more than Croats themselves and Hungarians. Specially Slavonians.

Ballist
01-04-2015, 11:34 PM
What is there to learn ? That you are spiting on a 400 years old struggle of my ancestors against very same Muslims you are so fond of ?
What is there to learn or understand ?

No one helped Croatia more than Croats themselves and Hungarians. Specially Slavonians.

We even bothered to block off the Turks from entering the door into Central Europe, how thankful of you. Otherwise this is how your music would sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqT5YxVJDTk

Borna
01-04-2015, 11:37 PM
We even bothered to block off the Turks from entering the door into Central Europe, how thankful of you. Otherwise this is how your music would sound like.

That is music of convertites, not mine. You fail to realize that Croats lived under Turkish rule as well in certain parts of the Balkans, but they remained Christians.

As well, you also forget one more thing -

Pope Leo X called Croatia the Antemurale Christianitatis in 1519,[1] given that Croatian soldiers made significant contributions to the struggle against the Turks. The advancement of the Ottoman Empire in Europe was stopped on Croatian soil, which could be in this sense regarded as a historical gate of European civilization.

Ottoman advance was stopped here, with Croatia and city of Agram at the gates of Europe.

I do not hate Albanians, in fact, i prefer you more than Bosnian Mudslimes.

Jana
01-04-2015, 11:37 PM
:(

Borna
01-04-2015, 11:38 PM
:(

Dont be sad my fellow botanist. Cmon tell us how great and lovely our Croatian flowers are.

Ballist
01-04-2015, 11:44 PM
That is music of convertites, not mine. You fail to realize that Croats lived under Turkish rule as well in certain parts of the Balkans, but they remained Christians.

As well, you also forget one more thing -

Pope Leo X called Croatia the Antemurale Christianitatis in 1519,[1] given that Croatian soldiers made significant contributions to the struggle against the Turks. The advancement of the Ottoman Empire in Europe was stopped on Croatian soil, which could be in this sense regarded as a historical gate of European civilization.

Ottoman advance was stopped here, with Croatia and city of Agram at the gates of Europe.

I do not hate Albanians, in fact, i prefer you more than Bosnian Mudslimes.

Well that's good to know. But,
Skanderbeg's military skills presented a major obstacle to Ottoman expansion, and he was considered by many in western Europe to be a model of Christian resistance against the Ottoman Muslims. Skanderbeg is Albania's most important national hero and a key figure of the Albanian National Awakening.

Jana
01-04-2015, 11:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/f19B8yh.png

Your friendly taunting won't anger me dear Slavonian! I love both Croatia and Bosnia very much :thumb001:

Borna
01-04-2015, 11:49 PM
Skanderbeg's military skills presented a major obstacle to Ottoman expansion, and he was considered by many in western Europe to be a model of Christian resistance against the Ottoman Muslims. Skanderbeg is Albania's most important national hero and a key figure of the Albanian National Awakening.

I did not neglect any of his deeds, i do not see any point in this post.

Your friendly taunting won't anger me dear Slavonian! I love both Croatia and Bosnia very much

Yeah, i love Croatian province of Bosnia as well, with my whole heart. One day we purify it and colonize i will love her even more.

What do you have against Slavonians ? Fact that we marched straight to Bosnia to help Catholic Croats against your Muslims as soon as we liberated our region?

Jana
01-04-2015, 11:54 PM
I like Slavonians very much, but haven't visited yet. You should love Kvarner too, it's all Croatia. But went off-topic now.

I dislike primitive behaviour towards something other people see as holy, such as church/mosque/sinagoga burning/degrading. That should not happen.

Borna
01-04-2015, 11:57 PM
I like Slavonians very much, but haven't visited yet. You should love Kvarner too, it's all Croatia. But went off-topic now.

I dislike primitive behaviour towards something other people see as holy, such as church/mosque/sinagoga burning/degrading. That should not happen.

So you dislike the fact Muslims torn down 100 Catholic Churches in Bosnia?

http://www.hic.hr/ratni-zlocini/b-h/muslimani/unistavanje.htm

Why should Croats feel any empathy for what is happening to a mosque after this?

Jana
01-05-2015, 12:06 AM
So you dislike the fact Muslims torn down 100 Catholic Churches in Bosnia?

http://www.hic.hr/ratni-zlocini/b-h/muslimani/unistavanje.htm

Why should Croats feel any empathy for what is happening to a mosque after this?

Of course I do. It's disgusting and real muslim would never do it. As you see, my religion is Roman Catholic :)
People who do such things are not religious at all and only hide behind belonging to certian religion by birth or culture.

Borna
01-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Feiichy is too good for this place.

But I agree with Ringelnatter. Hate is good.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/Michael_of_salonica.jpg

Push the hordes back.

Uruks are pretty unter compared to Wildmen of Dunland.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/koultouras/FROME%20TATW/FROME%20PREVIEW%20PIXX/Dunland%20Preview/TTT_DunlendingsBIG.jpg

Borna
01-05-2015, 12:16 AM
This forum is just one big Balkan mess. I'll have to begin liquidating all posters whose surname end in -ic for the good of the whole.

Poor Serbs.

Ballist
01-05-2015, 12:19 AM

Yeah, i love Croatian province of Bosnia as well, with my whole heart. One day we purify it and colonize i will love her even more.

What do you have against Slavonians ? Fact that we marched straight to Bosnia to help Catholic Croats against your Muslims as soon as we liberated our region?

:lol: There's no point in arguing, I guess.

Incal
01-05-2015, 03:08 AM
Oh my God. You are brainwashed, you poor thing. The Soviets and the US invade the Middle East, people retaliate. Instead of just overthrowing Hussein's rule and bombing the country's military equipment from the SU, the US invades it due to the economic opportunities (oil). A bunch of terrorists who are mad at a bunch of Christians for doing this are now retaliating and the US overreacts. It is terrible, but just think about what Palestine is going through. A bunch of extremist Jews/well funded terrorists/the IDF start bombing civilians instead of the militant group it created to overthrow the Palestinian leadership (Arafat). Now the Israeli government are killing people just because "Hur hur it says in the Torah that I have to create a state here"> The people who are welcomed from the fire of the Holocaust into their homeland are now betraying their hosts with superpowers at their side. You must be thinking "But wait, a superpower can't do that. They're all about justice!" But wait, there's more! 3 decades ago, the Brits, Russians, French, and a bunch of the superpowers split original Albania and gave the land like Kosovo to its neighbors i.e. Greece & Yugoslavia (Serbian Empire).

Your explanation got nothing to do with what I wrote. Whatever happens with Israel or Palestine (things I couldn't care less about to be honest), if not a single muslim had been let slip through the West nobody would have to care about any terrorist threat.

Beit El
01-05-2015, 03:19 PM

I'm not talking about killing Muslims in Muslim countries. I'm talking about Muslims in Europe.

Dandelion
01-05-2015, 04:21 PM
This forum is just one big Balkan mess. I'll have to begin liquidating all posters whose surname end in -ic for the good of the whole.

No coincidence the word 'itch' exists.

Mraz
01-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Croatia being in the EU, the scenario that is more likely to happen is Zagreb starting to look like Kinshasa ;)

Hierarchalist
01-05-2015, 04:48 PM
This pleases Allah

Ballist
01-05-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm not talking about killing Muslims in Muslim countries. I'm talking about Muslims in Europe.

Well, same. 1999 in Kosovo, 1995 in Bosnia, etc.

Ballist
01-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Your explanation got nothing to do with what I wrote. Whatever happens with Israel or Palestine (things I couldn't care less about to be honest), if not a single muslim had been let slip through the West nobody would have to care about any terrorist threat.

It answered your question and I even went further to provide examples such as Palestine. Terrorists are radicalized and angered by the US interfering in there own conflicts just for the US' benefit. don't think you would be too happy if that happened in Peru, would you?

Incal
01-06-2015, 12:35 AM
It answered your question and I even went further to provide examples such as Palestine. Terrorists are radicalized and angered by the US interfering in there own conflicts just for the US' benefit. don't think you would be too happy if that happened in Peru, would you?

Muslims have always committed terror acts since the early days of the Rashidun Caliphate and that is well documented, way before the US existed or America was even discovered.

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Well, same. 1999 in Kosovo, 1995 in Bosnia, etc.

That's in the Balkans, so not in Europe, but in the North West Middle East.

Loki
01-06-2015, 12:51 AM
itt: Europeans show how superior they are by acting like highschool seniors

Maybe it was high school students who were just having a laugh :) Nothing funnier to see an offended Muslim :P

Jägerstaffel
01-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Nothing funnier to see an offended Muslim :P

Offended Muslims are some of the most willing to behead or detonate.

Loki
01-06-2015, 12:53 AM
In the olden days it would just have been considered a prank.

LightHouse89
01-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Well I feel bad for the pig. Did it deserve to suffer such a fate and be humiliated? They should have burned it down instead.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Muslims have always committed terror acts since the early days of the Rashidun Caliphate and that is well documented, way before the US existed or America was even discovered.

Just like crusaders.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 12:58 AM
That's in the Balkans, so not in Europe, but in the North West Middle East.

Please tell me you're joking.

Loki
01-06-2015, 12:59 AM
Just like crusaders.

True. Abrahamic religion fervor. It's time everyone wakes up to the fact that God doesn't exist.

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Please tell me you're joking.

I'm not joking.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 01:01 AM
True. Abrahamic religion fervor. It's time everyone wakes up to the fact that God doesn't exist.

Well, that's your choice. I can't enforce my religion upon you, as much as you and others believe that I want to. :)

armenianbodyhair
01-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Maybe it was high school students who were just having a laugh :) Nothing funnier to see an offended Muslim :P

Yeah, I mean I think religious people can get offended ridiculously easy at times. I just hope no one gets hurt over this.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 01:02 AM
I'm not joking.

That's...sad.

щрбл
01-06-2015, 01:04 AM

Nah, it's mostly Islam, they need at least two or three centuries to quit behaving like savages on a large scale.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 01:06 AM
:lol: These posts get better and better.

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 01:08 AM
That's...sad.

But true.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 01:10 AM
But true.

*Sigh* I...why do I even bother?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

The Balkan Peninsula, popularly referred to as the Balkans, is a geographical region of Southeast Europe.

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 01:15 AM
*Sigh* I...why do I even bother?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans

Obviously the land is part of the continent. Culturally, mentally, economically, socially, etc., it's the Middle East.

Loki
01-06-2015, 01:19 AM
Nah, it's mostly Islam, they need at least two or three centuries to quit behaving like savages on a large scale.

Now, yes. Christianity was not much better in the past. Look how they conquered Europe? By the sword. They were forced to Christianity or face death (Northern Europe):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Verden

The Massacre of Verden, Bloodbath of Verden, or Bloody Verdict of Verden (German Blutgericht von Verden) was a massacre of 4,500 captive Saxons in October 782. During the Saxon Wars, the Saxons rebelled against Charlemagne's invasion and subsequent attempts to christianize them from their native Germanic paganism. The massacre is recorded as having occurred in what is now Verden in Lower Saxony, Germany.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Obviously the land is part of the continent. Culturally, mentally, economically, socially, etc., it's the Middle East.

You are throwing away centuries of influence from the Byzantine and Roman Empires.

Incal
01-06-2015, 01:28 AM
You are throwing away centuries of influence from the Byzantine and Roman Empires.

And just shows how detrimental Mohammedan influence was in the Balkans.

Ballist
01-06-2015, 01:30 AM

WTF is Mohammedan? :lol: You guys, stop I'm dying! :rofl:

Loki
01-06-2015, 01:50 AM
WTF is Mohammedan? :lol: You guys, stop I'm dying! :rofl:

In my language (Afrikaans) we call Islam Mohammedanism.

Crn Volk
01-06-2015, 02:42 AM

Communism also fucked us hard

Leto
01-06-2015, 02:46 AM
That was common in English in the past as well and I'm pretty sure in Spanish, also. I like to ask people why believe in Jesus being the son of god or Mohammad being god's last prophet and not some dude living in a commune claiming he's the son or a prophet of god? Jesus had the apostles who were successful preachers and Mohammad had an army to spread his religion. Unfortunately for the guru onlyhas herpes from one of his many wives.
Excuse me, are you an atheist?

Incal
01-06-2015, 02:50 AM
Communism also fucked us hard

Indeed. As a french friend who used to visit this sort of fora a while ago would say:

they've been "civilized" by

1) ottoman islam

2) (eurasian) soviet communism

Worst combo ever.

Shah-Jehan
01-06-2015, 02:52 AM
What fucked up Peru? Most of Balkans is still wealthier than Peru....

Crn Volk
01-06-2015, 02:55 AM
Indeed. As a french friend who used to visit this sort of fora a while ago would say:

Still trying to recover bro. It's a slow process, but the presence of Islam is still a problem, and a growing one.

Leto
01-06-2015, 02:56 AM
What fucked up Peru? Most of Balkans is still wealthier than Peru....
I'd prefer Peru to "Aryan" Muslim Bangladesh.

Crn Volk
01-06-2015, 02:58 AM
No, but I don't believe in gods created by roaming Semitic nomads to explain why they have the right to force their will on others. I have my own unique beliefs, which I will one day turn into a successful religion that will spread across the globe and allow me to bang lots of exotic super models. Colonel Frank Grimes be praised.

Yes, but you are the beneficiary of a European Christian society. What we are talking about here is a clash of civilisations, not interpretation of holy scriptures of xyz religion

Incal
01-06-2015, 02:58 AM
Still trying to recover bro. It's a slow process, but the presence of Islam is still a problem, and a growing one.

Indeed, with the exception of a couple of countries (you know who ;)) the future of the Balkans looks positive.

Shah-Jehan
01-06-2015, 03:00 AM

yeah, no answer at all...it's economy is on par with it's neighbors.
There is also identity there, not an identity-less jungle.

Leto
01-06-2015, 03:01 AM
Well, Communism lasted only for 45 years and it ended 25 years ago. Please don't be like Trun and other Bulgarian members. They put the blame on Russia for everything. I'm no fan of communsm either, but that's too much of an accusation.

Incal
01-06-2015, 03:01 AM

You beat me to it lol

Shah-Jehan
01-06-2015, 03:06 AM
Turkey partly lies in the balkans and is the second most developed in the region after Greece overall and if you consider solely it's European parts, it is on par with Greece in terms of wealth per capita, it wasn't Ottoman influence that ruptured the balkan economies but the ravant communism sponsored by the fathers and mothers of the former soviet nation like the former Souravi/now Russkie commenting above.

Leto
01-06-2015, 03:11 AM
Turkey partly lies in the balkans and is the second most developed in the region after Greece overall and if you consider solely it's European parts, it is on par with Greece in terms of wealth per capita, it wasn't Ottoman influence that ruptured the balkan economies but the ravant communism sponsored by the fathers and mothers of th
e former soviet nation like the former Souravi/now Russkie commenting above.
I'm not to blame for anything. And my parents weren't members of the party. We suffered ourselves. Screw you, towelhead.

King Claus
01-06-2015, 03:24 AM
Yea, we should all just sit and wait untill there's nobody left of us to be raped, assaulted or killed by these civil men:rolleyes:

armenianbodyhair
01-06-2015, 04:39 AM
Yea, we should all just sit and wait untill there's nobody left of us to be raped, assaulted or killed by these civil men:rolleyes:

That is not what I suggested don't put words in my mouth. This crap, however, does nothing but reflect badly on those who are trying to preserve native culture.

King Claus
01-06-2015, 04:45 AM
That is not what I suggested don't put words in my mouth. This crap, however, does nothing but reflect badly on those who are trying to preserve native culture.
They take far more extreme meassures than we do, actually. Honestly, if this helps them to buy a one way ticket back to the middle east, or where ever they might have came from, then we could prevent a civil war:P

armenianbodyhair
01-06-2015, 04:49 AM
They take far more extreme meassures than we do, actually. Honestly, if this helps them to buy a one way ticket back to the middle east, or where ever they might have came from, then we could prevent a civil war:P
That's not what it will do though, if anything it will make them more likely to lash out.

King Claus
01-06-2015, 04:51 AM
That's not what it will do though, if anything it will make them more likely to lash out.
That's probably true. But the more they feel away from home, the better. There are only a handful acceptable/productive ones that has enough potential to be beneficial to our societies, anyway.

щрбл
01-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Islam's effect on the Balkan was devastating indeed. It was cut off from the rest of the world for centuries and literally nothing happened there.

щрбл
01-06-2015, 08:40 AM
You can't separate them as they go hand in hand.

Jehan
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Turkey is the most Westernized Muslim nation. Some wise men came together and said, "Guys, Islam is lame. We're falling behind here and this Islam shizzle isn't helping. Lets get secular with our funky selves."

And it's the most succesful muslim nation. I can't get why people don't admit the link.

RussiaPrussia
01-06-2015, 10:18 AM
just shows how ridiculous mulsims religion are that this is offending to them, how about coming out from the stone age ??

Incal
01-06-2015, 01:01 PM
And it's the most succesful muslim nation. I can't get why people don't admit the link.

I'd rather say the less fucked up. It still got a lot of internal problems which precisely got its roots on discrimination and inequality based mostly on fanaticism (whether religious or nationalistic). Most of Turkey's so called secularism is written on paper. If I was forced to live in a Mohammedan country at gunpoint I'd choose Tunisia: It's the only country that can really be called secular in its purest sense.

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 01:04 PM
I'd rather say the less fucked up. It still got a lot of internal problems which precisely got its roots on discrimination and inequality based mostly on fanaticism (whether religious or nationalistic). Most of Turkey's so called secularism is written on paper. If I was forced to live in a Mohammedan country at gunpoint I'd choose Tunisia: It's the only country that can really be called secular in its purest sense.

Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, some other former Soviet countries are also fairly secular.
Iranians are Westernized, sadly their authorities not.

Leto
01-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, some other former Soviet countries are also fairly secular.
I don't know if I should "thank" the Soviet Union, but because of it most migrants from the Muslim republics in Russia are not so religious. Most of them are nominally Muslim (not all, of course). MENAs and Pakis are zealots compared to them. The Caucasus is more Islamist than Central Asia. Of course, that doesn't mean they are nice and desirable. They are just less religious than other Muslims.

Incal
01-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Good point, but I get the feeling that besides mindset, Tunisia is still more developed regarding infrastructure, economy, etc... than let's say Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan. In any case, it's very interesting to note that Kazakhstan has a significant Russian (hence, non-muslim) minority.

Leto
01-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Good point, but I get the feeling that besides mindset, Tunisia is still more developed regarding infrastructure, economy, etc... than let's say Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan. In any case, it's very interesting to note that Kazakhstan has a significant Russian (hence, non-muslim) minority.
Kazakhs are less religious than North Africans. And I believe Kazakhstan is more stable than Tunisia which is recovering from the recent revolution which led to an increase of unemployment and political instability.

Incal
01-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Kazakhs are less religious than North Africans. And I believe Kazakhstan is more stable than Tunisia which is recovering from the recent revolution which led to an increase of unemployment and political instability.

Anybody is less religious than North Africans, Tunisia though, is an exception. And even when it's true Tunis is still recovering I can see a brighter future for them, and they are way healthier democratically speaking, having just elected a moderate-secular president while Kazakhstan still got the same guy for what? 25 years? (soviet legacy I guess).

Leto
01-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Anybody is less religious than North Africans, Tunisia though, is an exception. And even when it's true Tunis is still recovering I can see a brighter future for them, and they are way healthier democratically speaking, having just elected a moderate-secular president while Kazakhstan still got the same guy for what? 25 years? (soviet legacy I guess).
I think Tunisia's new president is way too old. I can't believe he is 88 years old!

Incal
01-06-2015, 01:57 PM
I think Tunisia's new president is way too old. I can't believe he is 88 years old!

Actually, there was a time when it was believed that the older the president, the better. I sort of agree.

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 03:38 PM

North Africans are not that religious TBH. Compare it to, say, Afghanistan or the Gulf.
When it comes to Muslim countries, I'd rank their religiousness like this:
Balkans
Ex-Soviets (which is a massive territory with very different populations, but whatever)
Turkey-Iran
Indonesia-Malaysia
North Africa
Levant
Iraq, Syria, Jordan
Gulf
Pak-Afgh
Somalia

Nothing scientific, just a guess.

Incal
01-06-2015, 03:44 PM
North Africans are not that religious TBH. Compare it to, say, Afghanistan or the Gulf.
When it comes to Muslim countries, I'd rank their religiousness like this:
Balkans
Ex-Soviets (which is a massive territory with very different populations, but whatever)
Turkey-Iran
Indonesia-Malaysia
North Africa
Levant
Iraq, Syria, Jordan
Gulf
Pak-Afgh
Somalia

Nothing scientific, just a guess.

Pretty accurate I'd say. Regarding north africans I have to make an observation though: I've observed that the women from those lands are way less religious (if at all) than their male counterparts, but then again, I think it's safe to make this assumption with any muslim group. Do you agree?

KawaiiKawaii
01-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Pretty accurate I'd say. Regarding north africans I have to make an observation though: I've observed that the women from those lands are way less religious (if at all) than their male counterparts, but then again, I think it's safe to make this assumption with any muslim group. Do you agree?

I think so too. I guess this is due familial pressure on boys to keep the tradition alive, which make them more conservative than the girls. Also girls tend to be more educated in general than boys nowadays, and in Muslims the difference in educational level between boys and girls is even bigger (again a guess, I've got no stats to back up my claims, only personal experience).

Virtuous
01-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Poor piggie.

Petros Houhoulis
01-08-2015, 06:21 PM
http://www.thelocal.at/userdata/images/article/w468/7f23cb00f44da692edecadff900fbfbf323dd82504e1d02ee4 34a2eff5ce9b0d.jpg

In a barbaric affront to Muslim sensibilities, part of a pig's head and some pork tripe was attached to the door of a Mosque in Vienna's 21st district on Christmas day.

The imam of the Kocatepe mosque spoke to the Andadolu press agency about the incident, condemning the vandalism as an "unacceptable" act. The head of the Turkish-Islamist Union in Vienna (ATIB), Fatih Karadaş, condemned the attack saying that "this is not an attack against Muslims but the whole of humanity. We, as Muslims, will preserve our calm and collective attitude."

This is not the first incident of its type, as Austria's Muslim community has been attacked several times this year in similar hate crimes. An Imam Hatip school in Vienna that concentrates on religious education was also vandalized. A pig's head was left in front of the school's door during Ramadan in early October.

http://www.thelocal.at/20141227/pigs-head-nailed-to-mosque-door-in-vienna

Show some respect for the pigs please! What did that poor pig to deserve to have its' head severed and placed at a mosques' door?