PDA

View Full Version : Classify Bosnian woman

Peter Nirsch
01-07-2015, 06:57 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6148/5924181538_d7af12024b.jpg

Ballist
01-07-2015, 07:04 PM
She doesn't look Bosniak. I used to live near Bosniaks and play soccer/football with them and they are very light skinned people. Very rarely are they dark. Maybe this woman has Turkish in her.

Peter Nirsch
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Bosnian people are the most exotic in the balkans, do tue their massive muslim heritage, but this girl is really an extreme type, where does she fit?

Ballist
01-07-2015, 07:09 PM
This girl is Bosnian, I can even see it in her. But I agree they are usually very light, this could just be bad lightning really.

I guess a little. But I wouldn't guess any Slavic race as my first guess if I didn't know her race.

Pjeter Pan
01-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Bosnian people are the most exotic in the balkans, do tue their massive muslim heritage, but this girl is really an extreme type, where does she fit?

Are you trolling? xD

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:11 PM

She is not a Bosniak, she is wearing a white ribbon that Turks who came to Srebrenica wore a year or more back.

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Peter Nirsch, not really true. When you became muslim, you were protected from ''right of the first night'' and ocassional rapes by Turks. Rare cases married Turks. Bosniaks look in-between Croats and Serbs which makes sense geographically.

Woman looks alpinid/asian alpinid

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:15 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/romulox206/5923738497/in/set-72157627164895164

I've had three Bosniaks that were my best friends, and two of their mothers wore one of those.

Bosniaks wear these:
http://www.dzamija.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cvijet.png

http://www.bosnjaci.net/foto/Durakovic_Zukorlic_Ceric.jpg

Casandrinos
01-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Asian Alpine

Looks Turkish

Peter Nirsch
01-07-2015, 07:17 PM
She is not a Bosniak, she is wearing a white ribbon that Turks who came to Srebrenica wore a year or more back.

Turks and Bosniaks are related people, Bosnia was a muslim region of the Ottoman Empire.

Anyway she's Bosnian

https://www.flickr.com/photos/romulox206/5924181538/

where does she fit?

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Peter Nirsch, not really true. When you became muslim, you were protected from ''right of the first night'' and ocassional rapes by Turks. Rare cases married Turks. Bosniaks look in-between Croats and Serbs which makes sense geographically.

There was no "right of the first night", this is a myth.

In reality, Ottoman was huge multicultural empire with troops from everywhere, occasionally when those Muslim mercenaries settled in the Balkans, they mated with other Muslims. In the occasion they had a Christian woman, their offspring would be Muslim. This preserved the purity of the Christian populations while the Muslims of Bosnia are highly admixed people.

The reason for the rare blondism in Bosniaks is due to many Muslim Hungarians and Poles settling in Bosnia. But that doesn't eliminate their other genes they got from the middle east.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Turks and Bosniaks are related people, Bosnia was a muslim region of the Ottoman Empire.

Anyway she's Bosnian

https://www.flickr.com/photos/romulox206/5924181538/

where does she fit?

No they are not, and they arent related exactly because Bosnia was a muslim region = muslims were protected from first night rights, as well as other things Christians were exposed to :)

And she isnt Bosnian, do you have her name

Peter Nirsch
01-07-2015, 07:22 PM
in the link it's written she's Bosnian.

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I think genetics should give the best answer ? Do you have some PCA plots or something, I think all South Slavs cluster togheder.

Hungarians and Poless in Bosnia? I hear for it first time. I Know for Saxon miners settling in Eastern Bosnia and Western Serbia, but not about these.

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM

She looks Bosniak to me, a hybrid of slavic and med I can see in her face. Turks wouldn't have this slavic vibe I get from her.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:24 PM

Serbs are also Bosnians.
Croats are Bosnians.
Gypsies are Bosnian.
Bosniaks are Bosnian.
Turks are Bosnian
Frenchman is Bosnian
Anyone can be Bosnian, if he is born in Bosnia.

Secondly, your poster seems to be into interracial thingies, look at his next pictures, and is not from Bosnia, so how would he know who is from where?

Highlands
01-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Alpine-med.

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:26 PM
I think genetics should give the best answer ? Do you have some PCA plots or something, I think all South Slavs cluster toughener.

Bosniaks are the most variable population on PCA, some plot with Slovenes, others with Turks.

Hungarians and Polses in Bosnia? I hear from it first time? I Know for Saxon miners settling in Eastern Bosnia and Western Serbia, but not about these.

All Muslims who were cleansed fled to Bosnia.

and the Muslims of Slavonia that fled to Bosnia following the Austro-Turkish war

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosniaks

Madzhar is popular name in Bosnia.

Peter Nirsch
01-07-2015, 07:26 PM
She looks Bosniak to me, a hybrid of slavic and med I can see in her face. Turks wouldn't have this slavic vibe I get from her.

I don't know what's the difference between Bosniak and Bosnian. When I write Bosnian I mean she's from the country called Bosnia.

Are Bosnians and Bosniaks different people?

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't know what's the difference between Bosniak and Bosnian. When I write Bosnian I mean she's from the country called Bosnia.

There is no such thing as country of Bosnia, it's communist creation.

Serbs are native to Bosnia, you can call them Bosnians, but they will insist on being called Serbs. Muslims of Bosnia insist on being called Bosniaks even though many of them are not native to Bosnia, as paradox as this sounds.

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:32 PM
I always saw Bosnians as just Serbs with Muslim religion. I keep wondering why many posters use "Illyrian, Thracian" or something other than slavic, as their ethnicity on TA.

Some Bosniaks are indeed Serbs with Muslim religion. Alija Izetbegovic is example, his grandparents fled from Serbia during Serbian revolution of 1804 and settled in Bosnia.

However not all Bosniaks, many are Albanian-Serb mixes who are Muslim. The example is their mufti who has Albanian mother. Some are probably even entirely Albanian but somehow brainwashed.

Others are Muslim Croats, Muslim this, Muslim that. You get the picture, they're a Muslim grab bag. Now that they have their own country, they're mixing into each other and forming Bosniak ethnicity which never existed before.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:33 PM

Are Bosnians and Bosniaks different people?

Bosnian is a person coming from Bosnia regardless of Ethnicity.
Bosniaks are an ethnic group, a people

I always saw Bosnians as just Serbs with Muslim religion. I keep wondering why many posters use "Illyrian, Thracian" or something other than slavic, as their ethnicity on TA.

Which shows that you are uneducated

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Eh Propaganda :) But i belive Stefan about genetics and stuff.

There was Banate of Bosnia from 1154–1377, and Kingdom of Bosnia from 1377–1463, with Croatian Kings. Some Bosnians were Catholic, some were muslims and many were members of prosecuted Boštjani Church that choose Islam.
So the name Bosnia and nationhood is older than many European coutries can say for themselvs :D

LightHouse89
01-07-2015, 07:36 PM

she has come to take you as a husband :p

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
There was Banate of Bosnia from 1154–1377, and Kingdom of Bosnia from 1377–1463,

Bosnia name exists before this still, it's named after river and is Roman name. Obviously it has no connection to Bosniak people who simply adopted this name. It's similar to Macedonian Slavs now claiming to be related to ancient Macedonia.

It is common for people without identity to call themselves after the land they live on.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Please educate me, what are you?

Bosniaks.

Eh Propaganda :) But i belive Stefan about genetics and stuff.

There was Banate of Bosnia from 1154–1377, and Kingdom of Bosnia from 1377–1463, with Croatian Kings. Some Bosnians were Catholic, some were muslims and many were members of prosecuted Boštjani Church that choose Islam.
So the name Bosnia and nationhood is older than many European coutries can say for themselvs :D

The rulers of Bosnia were neither Croatian nor Croat.
They never called themselves as such, nor is there any document from that time that tells us that they are Croats.
They called themselves Bosnjani or Bosnjak's later on

spanish catalan
01-07-2015, 07:40 PM
asian alpine

Styrian Mujo
01-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Alpinid with Dinaro-Kaukasid influence maybe. Hard to classify.

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Bosniaks.

The rulers of Bosnia were neither Croatian nor Croat.
They never called themselves as such, nor is there any document from that time that tells us that they are Croats.
They called themselves Bosnjani or Bosnjak's later on

As you can see I'm on your side. But they surnames are clearly Croat, and that is enough for me. How they identified, you could be right, they probably didn't. But I don't buy this Illyrian Bosniak theory, they are as Illrian admixed as Croats and Serbs are, clearly.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:43 PM
As you can see I'm on your side. But they surnames are clearly Croat, and that is enough for me. How they identified, you could be right, they probably didn't. But I don't buy this Illyrian Bosniak theory, they are as Illrian admixed as Croats and Serbs are, clearly.

Croat surnames? What the hell is that? Give me an example

interes
01-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Look like Hurrem sultana

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Kotromanović and Šubić are Croat surnames, and they are not rare.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:49 PM

Kotromanic. And its not Croat. As for Subic, Subic is Croat last name, but its not from medieval Bosnia.
How is Kotromanic a croat name? Which Kotromanic declared himself a Croat? What does Kotro and man mean in Croatian?

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Kotromanic. And its not Croat. As for Subic, Subic is Croat last name, but its not from medieval Bosnia.
How is Kotromanic a croat name? Which Kotromanic declared himself a Croat? What does Kotro and man mean in Croatian?

It doesn't mean anything as many surnames don't. WHich declared himslef Croat? I don't know, maybe not even one. It doesn't change who they were.

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM

As are all last names starting with Vuk, Serbian.

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:54 PM
It doesn't mean anything as many surnames don't. WHich declared himslef Croat? I don't Know, maybe not even one. It doesn't change who they were.

all surnames mean something, if you don't know the meaning it's because you don't know the language the surname was derived in.

Jana
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Hmmm...My surname doesn't mean anything. I have to think about this deeply, actually it is weird .....maybe we just don't know the meaning though.

Stefan_Dusan
01-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Hmmm...My surname doesn't mean anything. I have to think about this deeply, actually it is weird .....maybe we just don't know the meaning though.

many south slavic names in the case of serbian can be latin or greek when they are not slavic. In the case, I think you descend from a Bosniak, so look for Turkish or Arabic meanings to your name.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 07:58 PM
It doesn't mean anything as many surnames don't. WHich declared himslef Croat? I don't know, maybe not even one. It doesn't change who they were.

It changes everything, because Kotromanic's are Croats only to Croats. There arent any documents, any testimonies, or anything, which even mentions existance of Croats in medieval Bosnia

Jana
01-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Theyre are tons of Kotromanovićs in Croatia though, like current minister Ante Kotromanović. One letter difference actually implies same origin but maybe split tribes. It is case in my surname whic hails from Sothern Montenegro, tribe with one letter less (no J)were Catholic, and those with no J were Orthodox. Hrulj they were Bosnian dynasty so don't worry about Croatia claiming them. But origins and nationality are different thing.

RandoBloom
01-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Theyre are tons of Kotromanovičs in Croatia though, like current minister Ante Kotromanović. One letter difference actually implies same origin but maybe split tribes. It is case in my surname which haild from Sothern Montenegro, tribe with one letter less (no J)were Catholic, and those with no J were Orthodox. Hrulj they were Bosnian dynasty so don't worry about Croatia claiming them. But origins and nationality are different thing.

One letter is what makes the entire difference in names.

Jana
01-07-2015, 08:06 PM
In my case, only the religion but they came from same people. Their place of origins are the same. Maybe not in every case, I accept.

Böri
01-07-2015, 09:00 PM
She doesn't look Bosniak. I used to live near Bosniaks and play soccer/football with them and they are very light skinned people. Very rarely are they dark. Maybe this woman has Turkish in her.
No, this woman a bit fat so appear big and round head like Turkish but not look like Turkish. Ottomans settle Turkmen tribes in East Balkans like Bulgaria not West Balkans. Yugoslav muhajir people I see here can look like this sometimes.

You watch Braveheart movie and believe this is true I think. Not first night. This never existed. Zina is zina.
They brainwash you to make Turks hate I think.

Jana
01-07-2015, 09:39 PM
No, this woman a bit fat so appear big and round head like Turkish but not look like Turkish. Ottomans settle Turkmen tribes in East Balkans like Bulgaria not West Balkans. Yugoslav muhajir people I see here can look like this sometimes.

You watch Braveheart movie and believe this is true I think. Not first night. This never existed. Zina is zina.
They brainwash you to make Turks hate I think.

Eh, I don't hate Turks, I'm part Bosniak. But mixing wasn't common as far as I Know :)

Hungarian_master
09-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Balkan Borreby.

Odin
09-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Asiatic-Alpine.

n1KITA
09-13-2017, 09:50 PM
alpine