PDA

View Full Version : Resolution 1244 - The Serbian Excuse

Ballist
01-07-2015, 11:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_Resolution_1244

It also recalled the sovereignty, territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and other states in the region, and reaffirmed its call for meaningful autonomy and self-administration for Kosovo.[8]

Lets dissect this. Serbia claims that it is defending its sovereign territory and other bullshit. This is the first thing we will discuss. So, I will start off with a question? Does the FYR exist anymore?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_and_Montenegro

Historical era Post–Cold War
- Constitution 27 April 1992
- Established 28 April 1992
- UN membershipb 1 November 2000
- State union 4 February 2003
- Dissolution 5 June 2006

Well, how could this state claim territory of another when it doesn't exist anymore?

Lets keep in mind that Kosovo gained independence on February 17, 2008. So, Kosovo didn't gain independence from the FYR, but Serbia, because Montenegro split in 2006.

Also, lets talk about the second excuse, the "historical importance". This always brings a smile to my face. Serbia claims that Kosovo has importance just because of religion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against any religion or the lack of, but using this excuse in a court of law? Using it to cover up the deaths of 10,000 innocent people? And this is how Serbia's best buddy Russia reacts.

On 23 March 2008, Putin ordered urgent humanitarian aid for Kosovo Serb enclaves.[7] The Prime Minister of Kosovo, Hashim Thaçi, opposed this plan, stating that Russia could only send aid if it were agreed and coordinated with Government in Pristina.[8]

No, they didn't give a fuck for the innocent people that were being massacred in 1999 and even sent soldiers to fight Albanians. Russia doesn't stay neutral, but rather one-sided.

In September 2009, Vitaly Churkin when asked by journalists why Abkhazia and South Ossetia should be internationally recognised and Kosovo not, said that "the strongest argument is the fact that at the time when Kosovo's authorities made the UDI, nobody was threatening them or putting them in a position where they had to secede. On the contrary, Belgrade even went so far as to refrain from exerting any military or economic pressure on Pristina."[15]

Yes, like there weren't thousands of soldiers and tanks shelling villages. Montenegro gained independence in 2006 and after 2007 negotiations, it became 2008. During Serbian elections, it was the perfect time to declare independence. Fucking ignorant asshole, and South Ossetia was a land grab and bullying. Like a pack of wolves... Always by each other.

Russian ambassador to Serbia Aleksandr Konuzin told a Belgrade daily in June 2009 that "Russia's stand is rather simple — we are ready to back whatever position Serbia takes (with regards to Kosovo)."[14]

I have nothing against the Russian people, but the Russian government has a bunch of retards running it.

This is why Kosovo's independence is in fact legal and the countries supporting Serbia like Russia, China, Venezuela, etc. have no excuse not to recognize it just for the fact that they dislike the US and want to suck Russia's cock.

Ballist
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Bump

Ballist
01-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Bump

Ballist
01-31-2015, 10:00 PM
Bump