PDA

View Full Version : How does one justify smoking to themselves internally?

Austin
05-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Have always wondered this from the smokers perspective. How can you justify it if you are a healthy individual otherwise? Do you find ways to justify it every time you light up or is it more of a constant struggle that eats away at you? Or do you have no qualms at all and let the dice fall where they do health implications wise?

From what I understand so far about smoking that would concern me the most if I did it, being a 22 year old healthy male, is that it apparently decreases the overall health potential of your future children, and obviously yourself above all.

How can someone who intends to have kids go on smoking knowing that?

Äike
05-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Have always wondered this from the smokers perspective. How can you justify it if you are a healthy individual otherwise? Do you find ways to justify it every time you light up or is it more of a constant struggle that eats away at you? Or do you have no qualms at all and let the dice fall where they do health implications wise?

From what I understand so far about smoking that would concern me the most if I did it, being a 22 year old healthy male, is that it apparently decreases the overall health potential of your future children, and obviously yourself above all.

How can someone who intends to have kids go on smoking knowing that?

I know a young woman who has accepted the fact that she won't live a long life and will never have kids, because she drinks and smokes a lot. Thus she doesn't have to justify anything for herself.

Austin
05-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I know a young woman who has accepted the fact that she won't live a long life and will never have kids, because she drinks and smokes a lot. Thus she doesn't have to justify anything for herself.

Ya ya but don't you think that on a deep primal level inside she suffers over it? I mean she can't be totally immune to the realities no matter how insistent she is can she?