PDA

View Full Version : Classify Christian Bedouin family from Jordan

StonyArabia
01-10-2015, 04:30 AM
http://s18.postimg.org/y5z51p5tl/Christianbedouin_from_madaba.png (http://postimage.org/)

They are from the Hejazeen tribe.

Sikeliot
01-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Arabid-Iranid mixes.

StonyArabia
01-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Arabid-Iranid mixes.

Thanks for the classification. They look quite Middle Eastern I would say. Btw Christian Bedouins cluster with ethnic Arabians genetically, they don't differ from us at all, just their religion does. Where do you think they can pass though?

oblivion
01-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Arabid and east med mostly :)

SupaThug
01-11-2015, 03:28 AM
Beautiful photo!How old it is?

StonyArabia
01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Beautiful photo!How old it is?

It's from the early 1900's. Christian Bedouins are mostly concentrated in Jordan. They have lived their Muslim kin in harmony for years, there is no difference in culture and tradition other religion. They are my people regardless.

SupaThug
01-11-2015, 06:50 PM
It's from the early 1900's. Christian Bedouins are mostly concentrated in Jordan. They have lived their Muslim kin in harmony for years, there is no difference in culture and tradition other religion. They are my people regardless.

Very interesting people!The Middle East is a fascinating place but it is misuntersdood by the majority of world's population!

StonyArabia
01-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Very interesting people!The Middle East is a fascinating place but it is misuntersdood by the majority of world's population!

Yes indeed, Christian Bedouins often were protected by their Muslim Bedouin kin from various non-Arab invaders. Also a Muslim Bedouin will feel much closer to a Christian Bedouin than to anyone else, so non-Arabs regardless of their religion are not seen as kin by the Bedouins. Christian and Muslim Bedouins often celebrate each other holidays, for example Muslim Bedouins will visit their Christian Bedouin freinds on Xmas and other Christian holidays and same they do in Eid to Muslim Bedouins. Today this relationship is still in existence and can not and will not be changed. Even the British when they colonized Arabia at the time were amazed at the peaceful co-existence of different religions among the Bedouins.

Kamal900
01-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Arabid and east-med mostly.

StonyArabia
01-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Arabid and east-med mostly.

Cool where do you see them passing?

Highlands
01-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Arabid-East Med. that's great Nabatea, I hope it remains that way.

Kamal900
01-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Cool where do you see them passing?

mostly in the levant. The guy on the last top right above reminds me of my paternal great grand father when my grand father was just 2 years old(1903 picture).

StonyArabia
01-22-2015, 12:21 AM
Arabid-East Med. that's great Nabatea, I hope it remains that way.

Believe it or not, their proud of their Arabian roots and would not associate themselves to Europeans, despite following European based churches. They feel much closer to their Muslim brethren than to anyone else. The same is true of Muslim Bedouins btw. The same way I view it also. These people might be Orthodox, or Melekite but they don't care about the other regions that are of those religions. They see themselves as Christian Arab Bedouins nothing more nothing less. They might use Greek or Latin in their churches, but most have separated from the main Greek Orthodox church and made their own Arab Orthodox church, and many converted to Protestantism which seems to fit their lifestyle better.

Trogdor
01-22-2015, 12:40 AM
Arabid.

BTW, very nice classical pic, man.