PDA

View Full Version : "Supermum to 17 - and all hers"

Smaland
05-09-2010, 11:55 PM
http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/michelle-460.jpg

When Michelle (Brunton) tells people about her brood of 17, "their jaws drop". Then they ask if they have misheard.

"It usually takes three times before people believe me," says Michelle, who with husband Peter think bigger is better when it comes to family.

Link to full article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10643755)

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 12:08 AM
This woman should get a medal !

jerney
05-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Quality over quantity imo.

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 12:19 AM
But still.. this is real preservationism at work for ya !:thumb001:

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2010, 12:20 AM
This woman should get a medal !

Not necessarily. What if she decides to not pass along her culture to the kids?

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 12:33 AM
There you have a good point. :eek:

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2010, 12:36 AM
There you have a good point. :eek:

Yeah, exactly. I may not have any kids now but if I have them I will pass on my culture to them.

Shit, the day the pregnancy test shows up with the blue line I'll be blocking every English-language channel on my digital cable box.

jerney
05-10-2010, 12:37 AM

I don't she gives a shit about "preversation", she's just some religious freak making a Jesus army

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2010, 12:38 AM
I don't she gives a shit about "preversation", she's just some religious freak making a Jesus army

Yeah,. exactly.

SwordoftheVistula
05-10-2010, 01:00 AM

Looks like they have both. This isn't one of the shitty welfare families that gets portrayed in the Daily Mail, the dad runs a hardware store and the mother homeschools them, and the kids work in the shop, except 4 who have grown up and gotten married.

jerney
05-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Looks like they have both. This isn't one of the shitty welfare families that gets portrayed in the Daily Mail, the dad runs a hardware store and the mother homeschools them, and the kids work in the shop, except 4 who have grown up and gotten married.

Kids who would just as easily marry an Asian if they were Godly enough..

SwordoftheVistula
05-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Kids who would just as easily marry an Asian if they were Godly enough..

90%+ of the population is not racist to that degree. Unless there's some correlation between family size and interracial marriages, which I have not seen any evidence of.

Bridie
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
What a great family. :) (I read the whole article.)

Quality over quantity imo.There's no reason to believe that the children are of poor "quality". :ohwell:

Smaland
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
If they could afford it, the national governments of Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Canada and the U.S. would do well if they funded motherhood prizes; only for true Europeans, of course. They would be doing their bit for preservation, and I believe that Russia already does something like this. :)

Bridie
06-23-2010, 03:24 PM
If they could afford it, the national governments of Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Canada and the U.S. would do well if they funded motherhood prizes; only for true Europeans, of course. They would be doing their bit for preservation, and I believe that Russia already does something like this. :)There needs to be some kind of public recognition and appreciation for mums like this, for sure. For all of the incredibly hard work they put in day in, day out and all of the selfless sacrifices they make.

Furthermore, there needs to be some kind of public recognition and appreciation for the fathers also. I can't believe articles such as this one don't even mention the father of the children!! It surely is an amazing achievement to take responsibility for 17 children and raise them to adulthood.