PDA

View Full Version : EU Agrees on Euro Stability Package

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 09:30 AM
EU finance ministers have agreed on emergency measures worth EUR 500 B to prevent the Greek debt crisis from affecting other countries.

The 16 members of the single currency bloc will have access to EUR 440 B of loan guarantees and EUR 60 B of emergency European Commission funding.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) will also contribute up to EUR 250 B euros.

http://novinite.com/view_news.php?id=116019

Talk about handing over the EU to the IMF.

Austin
05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
The EU had to go to the IMF....

Why is Germany in the EU I do not understand that at all. It is the fourth largest economy in world besides U.S./China/Japan why stay in EU?

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
That's because the EU is the Fourth Reich, Austin. Instead of just conquering us militarily, they conquered us economically. ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_i8FwMhaHO7M/StE95NikeYI/AAAAAAAABgA/JC8m-WAS3i0/s400/eu+nazi+flag.gif

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 03:11 PM
The Netherlands will be forced to contribute 26 billion euro's on top of the 2 billion we have to hand over to Greece anyways-- and while we have to cutback over 30 billion already.
Talk about a financial Versailles ! Demissionair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demissionary_cabinet) Finance minister De Jager took that decision backed a demissionair cabinet !

The bastards !

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
The Netherlands will be forced to contribute 26 billion euro's on top of the 2 billion we have to hand over to Greece anyways-- and while we have to cutback over 30 billion already.
Talk about a financial Versailles ! The bastards !

Which we wouldn't have to do if there was no euro. I wonder how much is Bulgaria contributing to the euro bailout..?

http://scienceblogs.com/clock/How%20to%20ROFL.png

Treffie
05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Why is Germany in the EU I do not understand that at all. It is the fourth largest economy in world besides U.S./China/Japan why stay in EU?

Germany was one of the founding members of the EEC or the Inner Six (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_six).

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
They not just threw away our money and sovereignty but also our constitution. From the top of my head: a demissionair minister (and a demissionair kabinet) is ONLY allowed to fullfill the role of a caretaker until the upcoming elections after which a new cabinet would take over.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Germany was one of the founding members of the EEC or the Inner Six (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_six).

Occupied Germany you mean, right? ;) West Germany that time was by no means a free and independent country.

Groenewolf
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Occupied Germany you mean, right? ;) West Germany that time was by no means a free and independent country.

Also it was in part to keep a check on any potential German military rebuilding.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Germany is in a kind of a continuum. You see, Germany may have the largest economy in the European Union. However that economy is being used to serve the economies of Allied Powers such as France, the UK, Greece or Poland through aid and bailouts. And trust me, Germany will be contributing the lion's share of this euro bailout. What does it mean though? Germany is an economic vessel that is being used to keep Allied Powers' economies above water. And you can be sure that the Germans will not have a say in this matter. Asega is right that this euro bailout is a financial Versailles except instead of losing territory, the Germans will lose billions of euros to save the Allied Powers' rears.

Svanhild
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Germany's share on the Euro Stability Package is 121 Billion Euro! Supplementary to the 22 Billion Euro for Greece. Of course. I'm stunned and can't express my feelings. I'm afraid that only a revolution from below could help us now.

Truth be told, I've just ordered a t-shirt with a burning EU flag on the front. It's worth spending 18 Euro.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3442/euflag375.jpg
(No joke, I've really ordered that shirt in an act of anger)

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Truth be told, I've just ordered a t-shirt with a burning EU flag on the front. It's worth spending 18 Euro.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3442/euflag375.jpg
(No joke, I've really ordered that shirt in an act of anger)
Where can I find it ?

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM
The creation of a European trading block over which it has economic control has been German policy for centuries. Those who pay the bills, call the tune.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
The creation of a European trading block over which it has economic control has been German policy for centuries. Those who pay the bills, call the tune.

Lol. Germany isn't in control of anything, not having a seat on the Security Council is enough proof of that.

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Lol. Germany isn't in control of anything, not having a seat on the Security Council is enough proof of that.

It controls the EU, and that's quite important.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 04:16 PM

It doesn't, it may have the largest economy but that doesn't mean shit if they don't get to call the shots. The guys in Brussels (Allied forces' capital city) does.

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
It doesn't, it may have the largest economy but that doesn't mean shit if they don't get to call the shots. The guys in Brussels (Allied forces' capital city) does.

They do call the shots, and the location of the administrative HQ has nothing to do with it.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 04:28 PM
They do call the shots, and the location of the administrative HQ has nothing to do with it.

You're nothing new, making ridiculous claims without backing it up.

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
If the Germans would call the shots... then why are they amongst the ones that are nicked clean by the European Union ?

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 04:31 PM
If the Germans would call the shots... then why are they amongst the ones that are nicked clean by the European Union ?

They call the shots, because they pay. There would be no EU without Germany.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 04:32 PM

And who exactly tells them to pay? The Allied Powers who call the shots in Brussels.

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 04:33 PM
And you know why ? Because Germany is the single biggest market in the block. If Germany says "to hell with you lot" and manages to wrestle itself from judeo-bankster ("Allied") control the EU would collapse because it would go bankrupt - and because the others would see that it is possible to escape the net.

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 04:33 PM
And who exactly tells them to pay? The Allied Powers who call the shots in Brussels.

The Allied Powers? What are you on about? The Germans pay because it gives them power, no one needs to tell anything to the Germans about ways to obtain power.

Svanhild
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
We aren't controlling anything. Our governmental politicians are puppets on a string like almost every other nation in Europe. They give our money to supranational projects and tell the own people that there's no room for tax breaks in the next few years. Just happened today: 142 Billion Euro for EU and Euro madness and zero Euro for poor families and German tax payers. 80% of our population opposes the Stability Package and the help for Greece but our government doesn't care.

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 05:21 PM
80% of our population oppose the Stability Package and the help for Greece but our government doesn't care.

Perhaps Germany occasionally needs strong government that can make decisions without having to submit them to their people for approval.

The Lawspeaker
05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Perhaps Germany occasionally needs strong government that can make decisions without having to submit them to their people for approval.
So you are against democracy and in favour of centralizing power even more in the hands of a small elite. Like what is happening now in the present EU?

Wulfhere
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
So you are against democracy and in favour of centralizing power even more in the hands of a small elite. Like what is happening now in the present EU?

No I was joking actually :)

Austin
05-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I suspect France/Israel and a dozen other countries to a lesser extent would be more than uncomfortable with Germany having a spot on the security council ;)

Then again that stupid security council is an international who's who smoke screen, everything is decided behind closed doors not on that stupid council, they just use that to announce what has been decided.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I suspect France/Israel and a dozen other countries to a lesser extent would be more than uncomfortable with Germany having a spot on the security council ;)

Then again that stupid security council is an international who's who smoke screen, everything is decided behind closed doors not on that stupid council, they just use that to announce what has been decided.

The council is led by the victors of the second world war.

Treffie
05-10-2010, 09:39 PM
The bailout is treating the symptoms of the disease, but not the disease itself. Greece could still default.

poiuytrewq0987
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
The bailout is treating the symptoms of the disease, but not the disease itself. Greece could still default.

Well, the Greek parliament did approve a severe austerity package (hence the reason Athens was turned upside down overnight) but doing so has made the Greeks return to Balkans living standards. :p

Smaland
05-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Talk about handing over the EU to the IMF.

Talk about a financial Versailles ! Demissionair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demissionary_cabinet) Finance minister De Jager took that decision backed a demissionair cabinet !

The bastards !

You're not alone, folks. Through the IMF, the thieving banksters will also be sliding their greasy hands into American pockets as well. The IMF will contribute $320 billion to the stability package. :mad:

poiuytrewq0987
05-11-2010, 12:14 AM
You're not alone, folks. Through the IMF, the thieving banksters will also be sliding their greasy hands into American pockets as well. The IMF will contribute $320 billion to the stability package. :mad:

It's funny how American taxpayers' money is being used this way... to rescue a sinking currenct... like the Americans would ever vote yes for such measure. Thank God for the IMF, eh? :rolleyes:

Smaland
05-11-2010, 12:18 AM
It's funny how American taxpayers' money is being used this way... to rescue a sinking currenct... like the Americans would ever vote yes for such measure. Thank God for the IMF, eh? :rolleyes:

Yup. :(

SwordoftheVistula
05-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I saw that too, now I'm really pissed. Wouldn't it be cheaper to use one of those nuclear weapons we have lying around?

Cato
05-11-2010, 03:52 PM
The EU is going the way of the US, digging itself in deeper to save itself from its own follies and stupidity.

http://www.twogroove.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg