PDA

View Full Version : Miss Sicily 2014

Andrč89
01-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Maria Chiara Vinci, born in Marsala.

http://s3.postimg.org/sxzy7mvc3/055_Maria_Chiara_Vinci_Miss_Italia_2014.jpg (http://postimage.org/)https://i.imgur.com/bksf1Ew.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fJ5KKeH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ewnr1xX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EkXM5kR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MONbj01.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/o98Tv1W.jpg

Arbërori
01-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Very cute!

Alpinid-Mediterranid with some Nordid.

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Ugh. They chose a blonde when they could've picked a Mediterranean beauty.

tymos
01-11-2015, 09:24 PM
British :rolleyes:

Baldur
01-11-2015, 09:25 PM

"blonde" haha.

tymos
01-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Alpine-Med. Very beautiful! This one is a Sicilian that actually deserves to win Miss Italia

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Where are people seeing Med lol.

Peter Nirsch
01-11-2015, 09:30 PM
British :rolleyes:

she doesn't look British at all.

Tooting Carmen
01-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Atlanto-Nordid.

tymos
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
she doesn't look British at all.

Duh

but according to Sikeliot , every non-exotic Sicilian looks British or Norwegian

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
but according to Sikeliot , every non-exotic Sicilian looks British or Norwegian

I didn't say she didn't look Sicilian, I said she a) doesn't look Mediterranean and b) they could have chosen any beautiful Med girl to be Miss Sicily but they chose her instead.

Longbowman
01-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Very representative of the island.

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 09:36 PM

LOL that isn't what you told me when you were describing the Sicilians you met in person.

Longbowman
01-11-2015, 09:37 PM
LOL that isn't what you told me when you were describing the Sicilians you met in person.

Sarcasm detecting abilities stronk.

Ianus
01-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Subnordid+Med

special
01-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Duh

he uses to say they look Albanians too

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 10:34 PM
he uses to say they look Albanians too

Well I think some Albanians and Sicilians can pass as one another, due to genetic and geographic proximity.

special
01-11-2015, 10:35 PM
I didn't say she didn't look Sicilian, I said she a) doesn't look Mediterranean and b) they could have chosen any beautiful Med girl to be Miss Sicily but they chose her instead.

They could even choose a better looking non-Med girl

Arch Hades
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
There are some darker brunnettes i'm sure who have won miss Norway and miss Sweden or Denmark. What's the problem with a sandy blonde winning in Sicily? It's not like it happens every year.

mikeyup
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Sub-Nordid + Atlantid

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 10:39 PM
There are some darker brunnettes i'm sure who have won miss Norway and miss Sweden or Denmark. What's the problem with a sandy blonde winning in Sicily? It's not like it happens every year.

That's already the standard of beauty there, if what the Italian users post on here is what is viewed as beautiful. Wouldn't you be upset with a blonde Miss Greece?

special
01-11-2015, 10:39 PM

she looks like Stefania Prestigiacomo, a politician from Messina

special
01-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 10:42 PM

He was kidding.

Baldur
That's already the standard of beauty there, if what the Italian users post on here is what is viewed as beautiful. Wouldn't you be upset with a blonde Miss Greece?

What is already the standard of beauty in Scandinavia? I also don't see how a beauty pagent can make u sad.

Arch Hades

No i wouldnt be upset with a blondish miss Greece, as long as she was Greek.

Arbërori
01-11-2015, 10:43 PM

What's wrong with a blonde Miss Greece? It's not like Sicilians or Greeks look Pakistani... Having blonde doesn't make you alien in either Greece or Sicily.

Sikeliot
01-11-2015, 10:43 PM
What's wrong with a blonde Miss Greece? It's not like Sicilians or Greeks look Pakistani... Having blonde doesn't make you alien in either Greece or Sicily.

No, but when the standard of beauty in every country is blonde and blue eyed, it's sad to see it happening in Southern Europe.

Arbërori
01-11-2015, 10:48 PM
No, but when the standard of beauty in every country is blonde and blue eyed, it's sad to see it happening in Southern Europe.

This has nothing to do with any kind blonde and blue eye stereotyping standard of beauty... On the contrary, a darker and more tanned look is becoming more and more popular all over Europe, so crowning a, in this case, brunette and green eye woman doesn't mean darker women are discriminated.

If she was the most beautiful, then she surely deserved it. I don't see anyone complaining.

Arch Hades
01-11-2015, 10:49 PM

That's nonsense.

Piccolo
01-11-2015, 11:39 PM
Ancient Italic? She is very pretty.

Ctwentysevenj
01-12-2015, 05:50 AM
Altlantid-noric

Ctwentysevenj
01-12-2015, 05:55 AM

Exactly, also Greeks and Sicilians are Europeans, therefore it is not unusual for them to have light eyes and hair they are part of the European continent,which is not that big.

Isleņo
01-12-2015, 06:03 AM

She's Sicilian, she's still a Mediterranean beauty. Who cares if she's blonde, she's a hot Sicilian woman from western Sicily.

Isleņo
01-12-2015, 06:13 AM
Well I think some Albanians and Sicilians can pass as one another, due to genetic and geographic proximity.

Some of them can yes. You know that show "Mob Wives"? When I first saw that show, i thought that woman Drita was Sicilian descent since the other woman on the show were and that ancestry is common in their area, she looked similar to the other women on the show.

special
01-12-2015, 01:25 PM
I think she can pass in Spain/Portugal

Arbërori
01-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Some of them can yes. You know that show "Mob Wives"? When I first saw that show, i thought that woman Drita was Sicilian descent since the other woman on the show were and that ancestry is common in their area, she looked similar to the other women on the show.

Drita isn't Albanian, she's American. We have nothing to do with that ghetto trash. She married that Italian guy in spite of her father, who was a great man. Even to this day her parents don't talk to that good for nothing, fitness obsessed twit looking stick.

pelikarski
01-12-2015, 03:12 PM
The butthurtness itt is stronk

Tiberio
01-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Those guidos of Mob Wives aren't italians but mixed americans to begin.

pelikarski
01-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Those guidos of Mob Wives aren't italians but mixed americans to begin.

They should have chosen a beautiful East-Med Armenoid woman with hooked nose, shitskin and big bug eyes. WHat a shame

Tiberio
01-12-2015, 03:32 PM
What a trash.
http://s22.postimg.org/4b86axan5/guidos.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Tooting Carmen
01-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Atlanto-Nordid.

pelikarski
01-12-2015, 03:42 PM
What a trash.
SIkeliot is anti guido ffs

Porpolita
01-12-2015, 03:46 PM

Why do you get so angry when you see a South Italian or Sicilian who is not super exotic? Like them or not, you can not hide them. And we can not stop them from entering and winning beauty competitions.

pelikarski
01-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Why do you get so angry when you see a South Italian or Sicilian who is not super exotic? Like them or not, you can not hide them. And we can not stop them from entering and winning beauty competitions.
Are you implying that most are very exotic? xD

Porpolita
01-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Are you implying that most are very exotic? xD

No, its just that he goes crazy over the fact that light Sicilians exist, and makes it seem like they are an embarrassment to the island.

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 04:07 PM

I don't deny their existence. I just think the Med types are more beautiful :p

No, its just that he goes crazy over the fact that light Sicilians exist, and makes it seem like they are an embarrassment to the island.

To be fair the Italian users are ashamed of the people who fit the stereotype, so it does go both ways.

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 04:08 PM

Yes, I thought she was too. She easily passes. And her last name is Italian since she married an Italian American, so I am sure most people think she is.

Incal
01-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Have you even checked the winners from past years to say such nonsense?

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 04:16 PM
What can I say. I am a Med supremacist :lol:

oh-nahhh
01-12-2015, 04:19 PM
5 pages?

Must have been a controversial choice.

pelikarski
01-12-2015, 04:22 PM
What can I say. I am a Med supremacist :lol:

Med supremacist in the sense of typically southern european looking folk who cant be confused for MENA or transcontinental looking people?

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Med supremacist in the sense of typically southern european looking folk who cant be confused for MENA or transcontinental looking people?

Brunettes with dark eyes and South European features. I.e. I would favor someone who looked like Maria Menounos over Tracy Spiridakos (although she is beautiful for a blonde).

pelikarski
01-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Does Nina Dobrev fits in your ideal?

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Does Nina Dobrev fits in your ideal?

Yes. And to show you a Sicilian who does:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3381/3655436200_dda0d91972.jpg

Insuperable
01-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Subnordid with minor gracile Med.

Like I said, the most beautiful Southern Europeans are those with light hair and/or light eyes.

Porpolita
01-12-2015, 05:24 PM
To be fair the Italian users are ashamed of the people who fit the stereotype, so it does go both ways.

I don't think Italian users are ashamed of people who fit "the stereotype". They are just fed up of a stereotype that has been exaggerated too much.

On this forum, it almost seems like Sicilians and South Italians are closer to Lebanese, Iranians and even Pakistanis than to othet Europeans. And Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Albanian and Greek are blonde nordic gods in comparison. It has become too extreme.

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 05:27 PM
And Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Albanian and Greek are blonde nordic gods in comparison. It has become too extreme.

I think the other Southern European groups get just as much of this though, with people saying that Greeks are Turks, and Iberians are Moroccans and whatnot. Obviously, all Southern Europeans are European, and I don't think I have said otherwise, at least. I can see why people are frustrated but I don't think people have said this.

The woman above is "ideal" looking to me, and she looks very European, just very Southern.

Tiberio
01-12-2015, 05:30 PM
I don't think Italian users are ashamed of people who fit "the stereotype". They are just fed up of a stereotype that has been exaggerated too much.

On this forum, it almost seems like Sicilians and South Italians are closer to Lebanese, Iranians and even Pakistanis than to othet Europeans. And Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Albanian and Greek are blonde nordic gods in comparison. It has become too extreme.

It's for this the big fury of many italian members here. I also lurk often on ItalicRoots and I've understand why they have founded that forum.

Tiberio
01-12-2015, 05:32 PM
I think the other Southern European groups get just as much of this though, with people saying that Greeks are Turks, and Iberians are Moroccans and whatnot. Obviously, all Southern Europeans are European, and I don't think I have said otherwise, at least. I can see why people are frustrated but I don't think people have said this.

The woman above is "ideal" looking to me, and she looks very European, just very Southern.

To be honest I don't remember any anti Greek comment since I'm in this forum and not even about Spanish.

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 05:33 PM
To be honest I don't remember any anti Greek comment since I'm in this forum and not even about Spanish.

It used to be worse, because all of the Albanian users used to make thread after thread bashing Greeks, and vice versa. The anti-Iberian sentiment was also stronger.

Anyway, as I said, I apologize for perpetuating stereotypes, if I did so, even though it was never my intent.

Tiberio
01-12-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't remember any thread with an exotic Greek or Spanish. Only you that you said the Portuguese look North African.
I've seen more exotic looking southern italians here in three weeks that I'm member in this forum that in six months in the real life.

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 05:38 PM
I don't remember any thread with an exotic Greek or Spanish. Only you that you said the Portuguese look North African.

No, this is not what I said. I said there are SOME Portuguese with a heavily Berid sort of look mixed with Med, who look sort of like Caucasoid North Africans. Many North Africans look mixed with SSA which is not true for Portugal.

Anyway I'm not arguing about this, I said my piece and I am not trying to argue. I am sick of the arguing in fact!

Tiberio
01-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Ahem not only exotic southern italians but also central italians. Sandro Nesta's thread of today is an another one.

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Ahem not only exotic southern italians but also central italians. Sandro Nesta's thread of today is an another one.

Oh I know. That one I said something about since he looks Amerindian mixed to me. :picard1:

Isleņo
01-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Drita isn't Albanian, she's American. We have nothing to do with that ghetto trash. She married that Italian guy in spite of her father, who was a great man. Even to this day her parents don't talk to that good for nothing, fitness obsessed twit looking stick.

Well I was talking about phenotype. And since the American phenotype is Native American, genetically she is Albanian descent. So that's what I meant. I didn't mean born in Albania or of Albanian culture, but ancestry. She's Albanian-American.

Isleņo
01-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Those guidos of Mob Wives aren't italians but mixed americans to begin.I'd have to look up their ancestry on both sides, but I think one or two may be full Italian, but I'm not sure. I know in their area there are still people that are Italian on both sides.

Isleņo
01-12-2015, 11:05 PM
What a trash.
Sure, they may be trashy types. But I'm sure there are trashy people in Italy too. Trashy people can be found in every country. There are people in most every country that are classy and trashy. I personally know some Italian-Americans that are classy, one of them is a lawyer.

Bellona
01-12-2015, 11:08 PM
She looks something like Alpinid+atlantid.

Isleņo
01-12-2015, 11:16 PM
This is very true. Light Sicilians and Southern Italians exist and it would be foolish to deny that or hide them. I don't think Sikeliot realizes how sometimes his bias is very frequent. I don't think he means any harm by that, he did confess to favoring darker features over lighter ones. But there are others with biases too, so it can be a two-way street. But I think it's healthy to show the true balance of phenotypes for whichever Italian region in question, and that would include both the lighter and darker peoples in Italy.

Ianus
01-12-2015, 11:20 PM
But I think it's healthy to show the true balance of phenotypes for whichever Italian region in question, and that would include both the lighter and darker peoples in Italy.

For Italy are shown almost always more exotic phenotypes

Sikeliot
01-12-2015, 11:48 PM
This is very true. Light Sicilians and Southern Italians exist and it would be foolish to deny that or hide them. I don't think Sikeliot realizes how sometimes his bias is very frequent. I don't think he means any harm by that, he did confess to favoring darker features over lighter ones. But there are others with biases too, so it can be a two-way street. But I think it's healthy to show the true balance of phenotypes for whichever Italian region in question, and that would include both the lighter and darker peoples in Italy.

Yes, exactly. When I do start posting again I will consciously include more lighter types also .

Isleņo
01-13-2015, 12:09 AM
Yes, exactly. When I do start posting again I will consciously include more lighter types also .Well it looks like you are trying to put bias aside. Maybe you and the Italian members can put differences aside and start fresh, both of you representing the full spectrum of the Italian people.

Isleņo
01-13-2015, 12:15 AM
For Italy are shown almost always more exotic phenotypes

Yes, I can agree that stereotypes may run wild about Italians and some buy into that and think all Italians are very dark people and of course biases don't help either. But it looks like Sikeliot is looking start fresh with posting the true spectrum of Italy and I think you guys could too. I understand the frustration though. I'm of Canarian Spanish descent and wherever I go on anthro forums, they make us all seem very dark when that's not true, we are like Italians, we have dark and light people. So I can truly understand any frustrations this may cause.

Ctwentysevenj
01-13-2015, 03:45 AM

I have mentioned this a couple of times, every third Italian posted, it is always compared to somebody from the Punjab, India/Pakistan and MENA areas. Yes it gets a bit stupid, those countries you mentioned, Italy is the most northern, where northern part of italy juts well into central Europe with a German speaking province. How come Italians could be more Pakistani compared to Spanish etc! ludicrous.

safinator
01-13-2015, 10:22 PM
Subnordid with a Mediterranid twist.

dawson
01-20-2015, 11:50 PM
http://livesicilia.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Miss-Forum-Palermo.jpg

CommonSense
08-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Nordo-Med + Alpine

Kivan
08-25-2018, 09:45 PM
Alpine-Med.