PDA

View Full Version : Dog Fighting - Your Opinion?

Murphy
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Discuss.

Beorn
05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Love it. Nothing better than to see two dogs wild with anger going head-to-head.

The Khagan
05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
in b4 bleeding hearts.

Sally
05-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't like it. I want to cover my eyes and shriek! :(

hajduk
05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
you are female, that's why

Lithium
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Stupid and without sense...

hajduk
05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
you are female too

Lithium
05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
чифутите нямат думата..

hajduk
05-11-2010, 06:39 PM
ok little gay boy

Allenson
05-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Well, I for one don't particularly care for it.

My problem with it is that it is all human-induced/created and these days primarily is found in the realm of inner-city thugs and cretins.

Two dogs fighting on their own, for territory, food, etc., on their own accord and under their volition, no problem, go nuts.

Tabiti
05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Dog fight? Have nothing against it, since dog do it with their free will - in the nature. However, people who breed fighter dogs for money have serious problems.

Beorn
05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Just out of interest, but people who are against dog fighting, are you also a fan/supporter/fanboy(?) of boxing and other blood sports in general?

Tabiti
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Just out of interest, but people who are against dog fighting, are you also a fan/supporter/fanboy(?) of boxing and other blood sports in general?
It's not the same, since both players do that by their free will. I see dog fighting as a kind of animal exploitation.

Lithium
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM

I think that there is big difference...in the dog fights the dogs don't fight because their natural behavior, as the humans fights, who do It by their own decision and free will.

RoyBatty
05-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Animal fights aren't really my thing, particularly if they're being coerced into it. I'm more partial to bareknuckle boxing. Female bar brawls are pretty entertaining too.

Allenson
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM

Basically what Tabiti and RoyBatty said.

I could care less if two people want to beat the shit out of each other. They have free will. :thumb001:

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/222222_main.jpg

vp01
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Dog fight? Have nothing against it, since dog do it with their free will - in the nature. However, people who breed fighter dogs for money have serious problems.
fully agree.

julie
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I see it as cruel and I don't feel this way because I am a girl either!!!!!!!:)

Agrippa
05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I think that kind of thing produces more asocial behaviour generally speaking. I have nothing against rooster fights, those are lower animals and less dangerous, nor bullfights which have a really old tradition and involve human competition.

But those dog races, bred for dog fights, are freaks to begin with, they are dangerous, ugly bastards. They shouldnt live among humans, especially not in crowded areas. Regularly they cause serious troubles, kill or seriously injure humans on a much more regular basis if considering their absolute numbers.

These dog races are unnecessary and so are dog fights.

Danger which makes no sense and being mostly an environment for asocial behaviour and Sadism.

There are other, better options for entertainment than breeding dog-freaks and bait them against each other.

Troll's Puzzle
05-11-2010, 08:11 PM
dog do it with their free will - in the nature

no they don't!!!

I could care less if two people want to beat the shit out of each other. They have free will. :thumb001:

no they don't!!!

as the humans fights, who do It by their own ... free will.

No!!! :D

SuuT
05-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm neutral with respect to dog fights. But I'd pay big bucks to see a Liger take on a Tigon.

By the way, people have been fighting dogs since their initial domestication.

Tony
05-11-2010, 08:27 PM

I'm totally against any gratuitous form of violence made just for the sake of it , I consider it pleases only sadistic people , if I could I'd forbid even that stupid fake wrestling go figure...
Fights happen , violence sometimes erupt and I don't retreat , far from it...
but I need a reason to fight , I can't stand fightin to entertain a public , I hate it.

Psychonaut
05-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm neutral with respect to dog fights. But I'd pay big bucks to see a Liger take on a Tigon.

I'd pay even more to see a Liger vs. Kodiak matchup! :thumb001:

http://cdlanderson.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/liger.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009/02/10/kodiak_1.jpg

Grumpy Cat
05-11-2010, 08:35 PM
It's disgusting. 'Nuff said.

Sabinae
05-11-2010, 08:35 PM
To my mind I see this issue as cruel, to various degrees, depending on how bloody the fight gets. The same way I see it when any fight occurs, even amongst humans(well, of course, we also have the degree of "stupid fight" amongst humans). :)

And i say cruel, because I never liked it when my dog got into a fight... i pittied both sides. I wouldnt like to have to watch such dog fights.

Wölfin
05-11-2010, 08:46 PM
As said by others in the thread, two dogs fighting outside for some food or territory or a female... There's no stopping it and they're doing it because they want to.

However if we talk about the bloodsport I am 100% against it. Taking an animal and tortoruing it to make it aggressive, then forcing it to fight against an other to the death? Despicable. Not to mention the disgusting way these people treat their dogs. There is no reason for it, and even collateral dammage on a human level. Just as I am against stallion fights and cockfights.

On the other hand I don't care if two human beings get in a brawl with each other. That's their business, just like the two dogs fighting for food on their own.

Eldritch
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Why is this thread in the sports section in the first place?

The Ripper
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
My opinion is summed up in the following animation clip:

Q4_mrdCI6Rw

Loved this show as a kid. Who am I kidding, I still do.

RoyBatty
05-11-2010, 09:13 PM

Put me down for $20 on the bear :D

Murphy
05-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Why is this thread in the sports section in the first place?

It was the most appropriate section I would think.

The Khagan
05-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Put me down for $20 on the bear :D

Dude, put me down 1000 USD on the bear.

It would win for sure. The liger doesn't have a chance, seeing as it's basically like Mike Tyson fighting someone with gigantism.

The Liger has a gene defect that mimics the effects of gigantism, I don't think this is reciprocated in the tigon though.

Basically the liger is huge, but slow and relatively weak compared to how big it is.

Lulletje Rozewater
05-12-2010, 06:11 AM
http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,52925818001_1943278,00.html

Any one supporting orchestrated dog fights is mentally deranged,and should be shot

Matritensis
05-12-2010, 06:42 AM
I find it revolting.

Austin
05-12-2010, 07:28 AM
dogs ancestors are what protected our species from early on and befriended us in nature, I think anybody who can be for dog fighting is essentially anti-human

Autobahn
05-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Well, I for one don't particularly care for it.

My problem with it is that it is all human-induced/created and these days primarily is found in the realm of inner-city thugs and cretins.

Two dogs fighting on their own, for territory, food, etc., on their own accord and under their volition, no problem, go nuts.

That's the most sensible post that I have seen on this particular thread.

I also have to agree with Austin & Matritensis.

Aramis
05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Dogs shouldn't use physical violence to solve their issues, but protest instead. Peace.

Agrippa
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,52925818001_1943278,00.html

Any one supporting orchestrated dog fights is mentally deranged,and should be shot

Agreed on the last sentence. But what shit is this? Adopting former fighting dogs?

Seriously, if anybody is more mentally deranged than those who orchestrate dog fights, then its this people who want to "adopt" dangerous fighting dogs of unfit races and think they do something good or fulfil a duty...

poiuytrewq0987
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM
If the dogs want to fight, let them, lol

Murphy
05-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Agreed on the last sentence. But what shit is this? Adopting former fighting dogs?

Seriously, if anybody is more mentally deranged than those who orchestrate dog fights, then its this people who want to "adopt" dangerous fighting dogs of unfit races and think they do something good or fulfil a duty...

One should keep in mind that there is a big difference between dog-dog aggression and dog-human aggression. Dog's that are aggressive towards humans are very undesirable, especially in the dogfighting world, due to the human-dog interaction.

Most dog-dog aggressive former-fights can safely be rehomed.

Agrippa
05-12-2010, 01:15 PM
One should keep in mind that there is a big difference between dog-dog aggression and dog-human aggression. Dog's that are aggressive towards humans are very undesirable, especially in the dogfighting world, due to the human-dog interaction.

Most dog-dog aggressive former-fights can safely be rehomed.

They are still more dangerous dogs both because of their "life so far" and the race they belong too.

Even if they would behave like other dogs, what they don't, they have a special "bite quality" which is more dangerous for humans.

And of course, if they are aggressive towards other, normal dogs, thats not really desirable neither, especially if you consider that many accidents with dogs happen when the masters try to stop the fight.

Bari
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
To me it represents contempt for animal life and dignity. The sad thing is how some dog races have been bred for this purpose for so long, it has damaged their mentality to an extent they can be very unreliable, and when they get provoked they snap out and when they get a good bite they close their jaws until their prey is lifeless. No offence to anyone actually having any of this particular races themselfs, but, i have seen how theese kind of dogs have teared apart normal dogs twice their size in what started out as playful fighting. What disgusts me the most is not the fight itself, but the people that are keeping theese "traditions" alive.

Cato
05-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Put the owners in the cage and have them fight instead.

Lulletje Rozewater
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM

ALL dogs are handicapped.
The SPCA in SA make a mistake by cutting a leg or fix an eye etc,they should put these dogs to sleep.
Once they are 'fixed' SPCA wishes to adopt them. That is wrong too.

Daos
05-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Put the owners in the cage and have them fight instead.

I'd pay to see that, but only if they fight to the death...:thumb001:

SuuT
05-12-2010, 02:59 PM

These two in a match against a troop of 20 blood-thirsty baboons. ftw.

Beorn
05-12-2010, 03:13 PM
All this talk about Baboons is making me feel Gay with a capital 'H'. Why not go higher in the scale of the apes? ;)

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight (http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm)

Now that I would've paid very good money to have seen.

Bloodeagle
05-12-2010, 03:32 PM
This is a quote from ASPCA website:

Q. Why Do People Get Involved In Dog Fighting?

There are many reasons people are attracted to dog fighting. The most basic is greed. Major dog fight raids have resulted in seizures of more than $500,000, and it is not unusual for $20,000 - $30,000 to change hands in a single fight. Stud fees and the sale of pups from promising bloodlines can also bring in thousands of dollars.

For others, the attraction lies in using the animals as an extension of themselves to fight their battles for them and demonstrate their strength and prowess. However, when a dog loses, this can cause the owner of the dog to lose not only money, but status, and may lead to brutal actions against the dog.

For others, the appeal simply seems to come from the sadistic enjoyment of a brutal spectacle.

Greed,lust for power, and Sadism.
3 lower qualities that humanity has yet to evolve past!

Beorn
05-12-2010, 03:38 PM
3 lower qualities that humanity has yet to evolve past!

It seems this "sadism" is contagious throughout nature.

uSSiRGIIjbg

Amapola
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
:vote_no:

Lulletje Rozewater
05-12-2010, 04:01 PM

Unfortunately the Liger is very big,but not much of a fighter.
It has many weaknesses the Tiger and the Lion has not.

Agrippa
05-12-2010, 04:02 PM

uSSiRGIIjbg

Its related to intelligence and the retention of infantile behavioural traits: Play instinct.

Part of learning and observing, but as usual, even greed, power lust and sadism make in a certain frame biologically sense, but can degenerate and evolve into something useless-harmful: Like dogfights in a modern civilisation.

Bloodeagle
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM

uSSiRGIIjbg

My point exactly. Some of us humans have not evolved past this practice.
Some of these sadistic humans have even perverted the act of playing with ones food, to killing just for killings sake.
IbUIZIRtMcc

Agrippa
05-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, at least they dont fry and eat animals - even if they are lower ones - alive, like they did in China.

Wet fabric around the head and on the fire...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fGOjZjM0xQ&feature=related

Thats not just Sadism but pure decadence too with the "fresh food fetish" of Eastern Asia at its extreme.

CommonSense
08-16-2018, 10:06 PM
No animals should be abused for human entertainment. I have a special soft spot for dogs since I am a proud owner of one and have had other dogs in the past as well and I could never bear to watch them suffer.

Kivan
08-16-2018, 10:07 PM
I think it's gross.

Videx
08-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Animal cruelty for the sake of... what? Just pointless enjoyment? It is disgusting.