PDA

View Full Version : Proto-Germanics and modern Germanics question

TheForeigner
01-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Who would be the purest Germanics? What areas did not have pre-Germanic people assimilated in large numbers by Proto-Germanic newcomers?

TheForeigner
01-19-2015, 02:59 PM
bump

Neon Knight
01-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Since Danes are at the centre of the traditional Germanic-speaking world, I suggest they are the purest. So the farther away from Denmark, the less Germanic the people but there is no obvious cut-off point.

MethCat
01-22-2015, 09:30 AM
I read somewhere that its the Dutch(genetically), followed by Scandinavians. Can't find the source though. Culturally though, probably Norwegians and Icelanders just because these are two countries with the least contact(isolated) to the Europeans powers back in the days. You can see that on the amount of loanwords in the languages, in which Norwegian and Icelandic has the least. There are so many factors to take into consideration but I'd probably say Norwegians and Icelanders are overall most Germanic, whatever that means.

Anglojew
01-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Since Danes are at the centre of the traditional Germanic-speaking world, I suggest they are the purest. So the farther away from Denmark, the less Germanic the people but there is no obvious cut-off point.

I agree

Alessio
01-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Proto-Germanic isn't more than a linguistical term which points to a proto-language of all present day Germanic languages developed circa 1200 BC in what is now called Denmark & Sweden; it therefore should not be confused with both Scandinavians nor Dutch people as populations with a complete different history, allthough they both share close genetic ties ( Finns & Sweden Finns being an exception ) and linguistical ties with one another. People here seem to confuse peoples with languages and make up fairytales tof it their spoiled arrogant minds.

Most of what you read here about race is nothing more than pseudo-science for youths/young adults and most if not all population geneticists would laugh their asses of while reading it.

Alessio
01-22-2015, 09:56 AM
The only thing 'pure' are the similarities between a Nordicist and a crackhead in terms of fallacious thinking.

blogen
01-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Who would be the purest Germanics? What areas did not have pre-Germanic people assimilated in large numbers by Proto-Germanic newcomers?

An area like this does not exist.

Alessio
01-22-2015, 10:19 AM
You must be a Rhineland bastard then ?

Rhinelanders claim to be the purest of the breed.

so do Bavarians aswell..

http://lucilagiambruni.cumbresblogs.com/files/2014/05/phineland222.jpeg

Alessio
01-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Go play Donkeykong.

y so upset son?

I am pure of breed yes, serb blood!

Odin
02-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Dutch, Icelanders and Swedes.