PDA

View Full Version : What do you fear?

Sabinae
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Have you ever had a dark, gloomy thought, or deep fear within? Is it a complex situation/feeling or a phobia(like being afraid of flying)? Do you think it is best to keep those to yourself? Does confessing it make you feel weak, or does it set you free?

I fear pain. Confessing it makes me feel weak. I do hope I can grow stronger...

Sol Invictus
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Public speaking & heights. :(

vp01
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
i fear situations when i cannot do anything
if you talk about phobias, i dont have any

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I fear myself mostly. Really, sometimes I'm capable to do/say lots of things for which I regret.
It's like a black cloth covering my eyes when I'm angry or stressed.

Loddfafner
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
I am afraid that the sky will fall on my head. Aside from that, nothing.

(Par Toutatis!)

Pallantides
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I have a fear of diseases and being sick.

If someone in my family are seriously ill then my hyperchondria kicks in and I have to go to the doctor for a health check.

Treffie
05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a fear of being told that I have a terminal illness. It's odd that even though I've seen many people very close to me die, and none of them died with suffering, it's still something that sends a shudder through me. I guess it's more a fear of the unknown.

Beorn
05-13-2010, 05:59 PM
The spirit that visits me some nights. I was visited by it last night. It held me down by pure fear and wouldn't let me move. I was screaming at it in anger to fuck off and go away, but it wouldn't relinquish its grip upon me. So then I prayed to God and Jesus, and for the love of them both to remove this evil spirit from on top of me. With one last shout in its face it let go and I was free.

I also fear the dark creatures that exist just beyond the reach of the corner of your vision and small children with scooters.

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM
The spirit that visits me some nights. I was visited by it last night. It held me down by pure fear and wouldn't let me move. I was screaming at it in anger to fuck off and go away, but it wouldn't relinquish its grip upon me. So then I prayed to God and Jesus, and for the love of them both to remove this evil spirit from on top of me. With one last shout in its face it let go and I was free.

Hope it was Succubus;)

Wölfin
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
At times I'm afraid of everything. Other times I'm afraid of nothing. Mostly I think because I tend to dissociate from my feas or... I feel so overwhelmed by them that I suddenly charge in to them head first. And sometimes my mind tends to blow up my fears out of proportion but, once I am facing them I realize they are not so bad at all.
Admitting my fears to others makes me feel ashamed. Admitting them to myself, helps me accept and confront them.

I guess most of the time I get tired of feelig anything and at that point I just take the leap. Because its always at that point I have nothing to lose, and if I do, too bad.

My biggest fear however is failure. And that is one demon I have yet to slay.

julie
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I fear ignorance

Liffrea
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by KEN
I have a fear of being told that I have a terminal illness.

That’s probably normal unless you’re completely sick of life.

It's odd that even though I've seen many people very close to me die, and none of them died with suffering, it's still something that sends a shudder through me. I guess it's more a fear of the unknown.

I’ve watched two people die in agony, seen a body bled out from a knife wound, and faced the ordeal of tests on suspicious lumps and growths……..I feared dying for quite some time, I would reiterate dying, I couldn’t care less about being dead itself….what’s to fear you’re dead, hopefully, otherwise someone’s made a balls up and you’re scratching on the lid, however I don’t look forward to the process of arriving there. However when I was undergoing tests on my lungs I found it strange how you do adapt to the possibility, acceptance creeps in at some point, it’s probably the only way you cope.

I guess for me I want to die on my terms, when I’m ready, when I can’t achieve anymore, obviously it doesn’t work like that so at some point you just have to say fuck it and get on with it.

Other than that lingering fear there are two others, one being a loser, I see so many pointless lives I really don’t want to be dead, buried and forgot in six months, I want to die in the process of orgasm thinking I’ve done everything I ever could and left something behind (other than the orgasm).

My second fear is Great White Sharks……I fear no other animal, lions and tigers are dangerous but they don’t fill me with fear. These creatures are evil (I know they are not really, they are just successful predators) but those teeth and that black soulless eye…..I’m fascinated by them but they fill me with dread, I think I would freeze at the sight of that coming at me.

Murphy
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I fear to attract the attention of the demonic. It sounds silly, but I am actually incapable of watching The Exorcist all the way through, for simple fear.

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Getting in front of a mirror in a dark room and say Bloody Mary three times.

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
You can think of me (Mary is my name) which would worsen your fear;)

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Though to be totally honest, I've had fantasies of Bloody Mary that she'd come out of the mirror and absolutely rape me, devastate my cock. Watching Thirteen Ghosts didn't really help me get rid of that fantasy, lol, in fact it left me wanting for more...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj69/Lazarus7782/TheAngryPrincess.jpg

Bloodeagle
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I fear my temper. It has caused me much grief over the years. It is best for me to walk away from confrontation. Problem is the confrontational have a way of following after me.:D

julie
05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Though to be totally honest, I've had fantasies of Bloody Mary that she'd come out of the mirror and absolutely rape me, devastate my cock. Watching Thirteen Ghosts didn't really help me get rid of that fantasy, lol, in fact it left me wanting for more...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj69/Lazarus7782/TheAngryPrincess.jpg

you are so bad now i know why Asega likes you!!!:D

SuuT
05-13-2010, 06:44 PM
http://rigsamarole.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/spider-hell.jpg

http://www.maniacworld.com/Tsar-Nuclear-Explosion.jpg

...:icon_ask:...

http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-08/gnome-prank.jpg

I also have a strange fear of losing my teeth (which I think is from my front 4 being an appliance), and last night I dreamt that I had breasts: I was looking into a mirror and bending over and shaking them. Woke me right up. :confused2: :....

Liffrea
05-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Aequoreus
I fear to attract the attention of the demonic.

I would willingly serve Slaanesh for the power of mutation. :D

Liffrea, Demon Prince of Xggarthyurgathr........it has a ring to it.....

Liffrea
05-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by SuuT
I dreamt that I had breasts: I was looking into a mirror and bending over and shaking them. Woke me right up.

Okkkkayyyyyy………:D

SuuT
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Okkkkayyyyyy………:D

I'm serious as cancer! Surely someone else has had this bewb dream and been ..errrr...upset by it. :P

Anyone...?:o

Sabinae
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
http://rigsamarole.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/spider-hell.jpg

http://www.maniacworld.com/Tsar-Nuclear-Explosion.jpg

http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-08/gnome-prank.jpg

I also have a strange fear of losing my teeth (which I think is from my front 4 being an appliance), and last night I dreamt that I had breasts: I was looking into a mirror and bending over and shaking them. Woke me right up. :confused2: :....

The spider...i had one like that,but a bit smaller, with babies and all, in my room,by the window pane corner,2 years ago...Ive never before in my life, seen such an ugly thing. Since then, i go into a state of shock when seeing any spider... Mom and my ex bf took care of the insects... I donno how or what they have done..
And...maybe you do have tits but you hide them from us..:p

Svanhild
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I fear leaving this world one day without achieving my aims in life. And I fear losing people who are important to me. Also, I fear the possible fate of Europe and my country, the development of the next few decades.

Murphy
05-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I would willingly serve Slaanesh for the power of mutation. :D

Liffrea, Demon Prince of Xggarthyurgathr........it has a ring to it.....

Man.. to even think of serving the Ruinous Powers.. I think I'll stick with The Emperor :P!

Liffrea
05-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Surely someone else has had this bewb dream

I’ve had dreams about tits err nearly every night but they are on a bird (thankfully)…wouldn’t it be bad if the mists cleared and it was a bloke? SuuT get out of my dream with your man breasts!:p

hajduk
I am afraid of thunders and lightening

SuuT
Allenson has informed me that I fear getting man boobs... Which I probably do.

I think I fear getting old and my body falling apart, getting frail, weak, etc.

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Man.. to even think of serving the Ruinous Powers.. I think I'll stick with The Emperor :P!

For the emperor? To be a puppet of a false God? No thanks, I'll stick to Chaos, at least their Gods are real.

P.S. I play Eldars and Necrons. :P

Falkata
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
-Fucking planes
-Unemployment and a mediocre career

Liffrea
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
I think I fear getting old and my body falling apart, getting frail, weak, etc.

My father gets frustrated by not being able to do the things he could as a younger man. My knees already click at 28 when I do Hindu squats…..

SuuT
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
My father gets frustrated by not being able to do the things he could as a younger man. My knees already click at 28 when I do Hindu squats…..

:icon_ask:...So maybe it's more of a fear of a lack of independence and self-reliance than anything else.

Funny what boobs can say sometimes. :D :laugh:

Wölfin
05-13-2010, 07:09 PM
In terms of phobia I have tokophobia (fear of pregnancy and birth giving). The mere idea of becoming pregnant or giving birth can cause an anxiety attack in me if it is very sudden. I also fear STDs, most notably syphilis.

Becoming disabled.

I also fear the idea of living long. I'd rather die young and suddenly/violently.

Sabinae
05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
:icon_ask:...So maybe it's more of a fear of a lack of independence and self-reliance than anything else.

Funny what boobs can say sometimes. :D :laugh:
They speak?:eek: Maybe i need to talk to mine...:D

Beorn
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I was looking into a mirror and bending over and shaking them. Woke me right up. :confused2: :....

I had a dream like that the other day where I was looking into a mirror. The reflection was of me but I was severely overweight and was trying to pull up the excess fat to see my penis.

SuuT
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
They speak?:eek: Maybe i need to talk to mine...:D

I have a few things to say to them myself, cutie.:wink

Sabinae
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a few things to say to them myself, cutie.:wink

I'm their mother and im teaching them NOT TO SPEAK TO STRANGERS! *hmpf*;)

Svanhild
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I am afraid of thunders and lightening
Be only afraid of the flashes. The thunder is harmless and only an after-effect of the blitz. If you hear the thunder the danger is actually gone. Be afraid if you don't hear the thunder...:wink

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
In terms of phobia I have tokophobia (fear of pregnancy and birth giving). The mere idea of becoming pregnant or giving birth can cause an anxiety attack in me if it is very sudden.

I'm quite the same. Can't call it exactly phobia but I feel disgusted by everything linked with pregnancy and child birth. One of my colleagues in uni was expecting a child, I sit next to her during all her pregnancy and that disgusted me even more. Never touched her huge stomach. The thought that another organism is growing somewhere into your bowels, taking all the resources and nutritional substances of your body like a parasite is fearsome. Like the "Alien" movie. Don't know why people should reproduce in such a painful and stressing way.

I don't like babies as well. There is a new baby born in our apartment building and its cry makes me sick. Conversations about babies have the same effect on my psychic condition. Weird for a 23 year old female, most of the girls I know already show mother instincts.

Beorn
05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
If you hear the thunder the danger is actually gone.

I was brought up to believe it was the distance of the storm. If you saw the lightening, you would start counting 'one elephant, two elephant', and so on till the thunder struck.

Each 'elephant' was a mile.

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I was brought up to believe it was the distance of the storm. If you saw the lightening, you would start counting 'one elephant, two elephant', and so on till the thunder struck.

Each 'elephant' was a mile.
The brightest the lightening is, the stiller the thunder is and the opposite. Have some of you noticed the same phenomena?

Óttar
05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm serious as cancer! Surely someone else has had this bewb dream and been ..errrr...upset by it. :P

Anyone...?:o

I had a dream when I was on malaria medication before I went to India that I saw a hustler outside of a house in a brown fur coat. Inside, he was wounded bleeding on a bed. I walked into the bathroom, washed my face with blood on tap from the sink and morphed into a blonde girl.

:icon_confused:

Bloodeagle
05-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I am not sure which I fear worse:
Global warming or Global cooling?
Should I fear the Mexicans moving up here to my home, escaping the heat or should I be afraid to have to move to Mexico, to keep from becoming glaciated.:D

Sally
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Demonic possession.

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Demonic possession.
It's not that bad:rolleyes:

Arrow Cross
:vampire I'm in ur thread, researchin ur fearz.

SuuT
[...] Also, I fear the possible fate of Europe and my country, the development of the next few decades.

Oh ye of little faith.

There is a Chinese curse that is said something like May you live in interesting times. I've always found it odd that they consider such a thing accursed.

Bloodeagle
05-13-2010, 07:42 PM
The brightest the lightening is, the stiller the thunder is and the opposite. Have some of you noticed the same phenomena?

I once had lightning strike approximately 12 meters away from me whilst walking the dog. The lightning was blinding and the thunder was deafening!
I felt very lucky after that, as if I had almost died. It was a very invigorating experience.

Sabinae
05-13-2010, 07:43 PM
:vampire I'm in ur thread, researchin ur fearz.

Be seated then, get a pen and a notebook and start noting things down.:tongue

Tabiti
05-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I once had lightning strike approximately 12 meters away from me whilst walking the dog. The lightning was blinding and the thunder was deafening!
I felt very lucky after that, as if I had almost died. It was a very invigorating experience.
I wasn't talking about such extreme circumstances.

Sally
05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
It's not that bad:rolleyes:

Not according to what Gabriele Amorth and Malachi Martin say! :D

Bloodeagle
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Do to my career of choice there is the opportunity to die on the job.
I fear falling and being impaled on rebar and being crushed by a load being flown from a crane. Death from above and below!:D

Allenson
05-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Ead.

Loki
05-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Public speaking & heights. :(

I am "afraid" of heights. Call it fear, I call it caution. ;) But yeah, you won't catch me willingly bungee-jumping or parachuting.

I used to be afraid of losing everything. Then I did, and it wasn't so bad. Now I no longer fear that. :)

Eldritch
05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
There is a Chinese curse that is said something like May you live in interesting times. I've always found it odd that they consider such a thing accursed.

I've wondered about that one myself. Perhaps the translation is not entirely accurate?

But as far as I understand it, the Chinese value stability and predictability, and dislike upheavals of all kinds.

I am "afraid" of heights. Call it fear, I call it caution. But yeah, you won't catch me willingly bungee-jumping or parachuting.

I am uncomfortable going near the windows, if I'm higher than the fifth floor in a building. ;)

Btw this one's for you: :p

(the seriously OMFG part begins around 1:28)

I4U6T_BB1N8

I used to be afraid of losing everything. Then I did, and it wasn't so bad. Now I no longer fear that.

An oddly liberating, if not (contrary to what some people apparently think) particularly ennobling experience.

Ulf
05-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I used to be afraid of losing everything. Then I did, and it wasn't so bad. Now I no longer fear that. :)

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
-Tyler

:thumb001:

Germanicus
05-13-2010, 11:08 PM
My initial post was going to be a typical blokey reply, but before i tried to think of any, i asked the person who knows me better than anyone, Mrs Germanicus.
She replied, "you are scared of..Being alone, unnutured,and unsupported"
Being a Legionnaire i would agree, without support and being friendless one cannot survive alone.:(

Murphy
05-14-2010, 04:51 AM
For the emperor? To be a puppet of a false God? No thanks, I'll stick to Chaos, at least their Gods are real.

P.S. I play Eldars and Necrons. :P

OOOOOH! THEM BE FIGHTING WORDS!

My 3rd Company of Imperial Fists will be more than happy to introduce you to the faith of The Emperor by way of holy bolter and chainsword ;):D!

Liffrea
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Eldritch
But as far as I understand it, the Chinese value stability and predictability, and dislike upheavals of all kinds.

I don’t think that is a purely Chinese trait, repetition and routine seem to be the comfort zone for most people, it’s perhaps an evolutionary trait, stability and certainty make for better conditions to raise children in.

Terry Pratchett once wrote that what most people want is for today to be the same as the day before…….quite a bit of truth in that I think.

Originally Posted by Loki
I am "afraid" of heights. Call it fear, I call it caution.

People say they are afraid of flying......personally I'm afraid of crashing into the ground at 500mph from seven miles up. For me I'm afraid of relying on someone else not to kill me, I used to climb and I had no fear because it was up to me if I fell and when it comes to my safety I'm very careful. Having said that presumably the pilot doesn't want to die either, so it all works out I suppose.

MrsNglund
10-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Insects, Spiders, anything that flies really.I'm also afraid of losing the person I love more than anything else in the World.:heartbea:

Debaser11
10-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Snakes.

Nglund
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm afraid of heights and of losing My Valkyrie :(:love0031:!

Debaser11
10-12-2010, 10:51 PM
The extinction of European culture. Seriously.

Radojica
10-12-2010, 10:51 PM
That sky is going to fall on my head :D

Foxy
10-12-2010, 11:12 PM
water, in my nightmares I am often pulled down on the sea ground by an other person or am swimming in a black sea with black water. What does it mean?

Falkata
10-12-2010, 11:17 PM
i hate planes. I took more than 100 flights during my life and I´m always scared when the plane is taking off.

Aemma
10-13-2010, 12:05 AM
The extinction of European culture. Seriously.

Hmm I'm not entirely convinced that such a thing can truly happen. I mean the total and absolute eradication of the many cultures which is what is understood as "European culture"? That's a pretty big bomb!

My irrational fear: heights :(

I don't fear spiders however! :)

Guapo
10-13-2010, 12:10 AM
water, in my nightmares I am often pulled down on the sea ground by an other person or am swimming in a black sea with black water. What does it mean?

Means that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. Clear, calm water would be the opposite.

Tyrrhenoi
10-13-2010, 12:10 AM
- Snakes - and only Snakes -

Debaser11
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Hmm I'm not entirely convinced that such a thing can truly happen. I mean the total and absolute eradication of the many cultures which is what is understood as "European culture"? That's a pretty big bomb!

My irrational fear: heights :(

I don't fear spiders however! :)

It won't happen in my lifetime. But it's trending that way, I think. Muslim immigration and their birthrates offer some scary projections, especially if you factor in low European birthrates and European nihilism.

I would add two-way roads to this list as well.

Treffie
10-13-2010, 12:41 AM
It won't happen in my lifetime. But it's trending that way, I think. Muslim immigration and their birthrates offer some scary projections, especially if you factor in low European birthrates and European nihilism.

European cultures have been dying for thousands of years before Islam was even born. I think apathy to one's own culture is the European's worst enemy.

Bloodeagle
10-13-2010, 12:43 AM
I fear strong earthquakes and the tsunamis that follow! I guess it is the fear of being crushed and drowning. :eek:

Liffrea
10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Treffie
European cultures have been dying for thousands of years before Islam was even born. I think apathy to one's own culture is the European's worst enemy.

I tend to view it in a Spenglerian sense cultures are just temporary bubbles arising out of the stream of human existence, unique and never to be repeated.

You fight the fight as is your role in life, but ultimately you must know it all comes to an end some time. One day it is your monuments that another people gawp at, it has always been so.

Guapo
10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
:eek::eek::eek:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?u=168

Lithium
10-13-2010, 05:40 PM
The death of close family member (it happened, unfortunately). The end of the White race and the European culture (it is coming, unfortunately)

Ognisty
12-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Cow.

Sabinae
12-04-2010, 12:36 PM
i fear...sickness...

Fintorah
12-04-2010, 12:50 PM
*Prodigious* objects being inserted into the transverse colon of human beings.

Peerkons
12-21-2010, 11:00 AM
rats

Murphy
12-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I fear dying before I finish any if the book series I am reading :D!