PDA

View Full Version : Tasmanian woman pimps her 12-year old daughter

Eldritch
05-14-2010, 12:52 PM
A MOTHER who pimped her 12-year-old daughter out to pay debts and buy drugs has been jailed for 10 years.

The crime was described by Justice Peter Evans as an appalling breach of trust.

Justice Evans said the 41-year-old mother who will be eligible to apply for parole after serving seven years, had an extremely harmful impact on her child's life and evidence suggests would lead to "psychiatric problems" later in life.

"The complainant has not personally provided a victim-impact statement," Mr Evans said.

"Her father says that she finds it too difficult to talk about how she is getting along.

"I have no doubt that what occurred has had a most deleterious impact on her and experience suggests that in the course of time she may suffer from psychiatric problems that can be related to the conduct in question."

The mother pleaded guilty to the charges of procuring unlawful sexual intercourse with a young person, a charge of being a commercial operator of a sexual services business, a charge of receiving a fee derived directly from sexual services provided by a child in a sexual services business and a charge of breach of bail.

Since her arrest for the breach of bail on February 22, she has been isolated in the Risdon Prison because of threats made towards her by fellow inmates.

She was transported back to Risdon yesterday morning to cheers of "enjoy seven years, ya dog" from her own family members and friends.

Her co-accused, Gary Devine who assisted in running the illegal prostitution ring, was jailed for 10 years last month.

He is not eligible for parole until he has served eight years.

Mr Evans said while Devine was the more "dominant personality" in the partnership, played a active role and had a list of prior offences, the mother too was fully involved in the crimes and on another level the act by her was "an appalling breach of trust and maternal obligations".

"The defendant derived a greater financial benefit than Mr Devine from their criminal conduct ... the defendant was initially less forthcoming than Mr Devine when interviewed by police ... the defendant encouraged the complainant to falsely tell the police that the defendant had no knowledge of what had gone on.

"On balance I can see no reason for imposing a different head sentence on the defendant than was imposed on Mr Devine, but I am satisfied that she should receive a shorter parole eligibility period than he did."

At the time the girl and her younger sister were under a Child Protection Services order.

Link. (http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/05/14/146071_scalesofjustice.html)

Bloodeagle
05-14-2010, 03:38 PM
These sick people should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Agrippa
05-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, Gypsies (Roma) in Europe prostitute their children more often, even both sexes.

I once saw a documentary in which a Gypsy father told his below 12 year old boy to please the males on a highway in Italy. He then took him up after his work, taking the money of course. There was a whole child prostitution way full of Gypsies in that area.

In some places thats quite common actually and among Gypsies generally much more common.

Bloodeagle
05-14-2010, 03:52 PM
This is terrible behavior.
I think this ranks up there with, "eating ones dead relatives".
Perhaps, I have been polluted with Christian morality?

Agrippa
05-14-2010, 06:12 PM
This is terrible behavior.
I think this ranks up there with, "eating ones dead relatives".
Perhaps, I have been polluted with Christian morality?

Only if you care too much for children which are not your kin ;)

If you would care for such things if its your kin, thats a question of honour and kinship and clan, group oriented thinking. The later is much older than Christanity.

Cultural degeneration always existed though, in many cultures. The Chinese which travelled South Eastern Asia noticed that the locals prostituted their children quite often and since they wrote it down, it was unusual for them.

Actually what Western sex tourists do now might have been not that uncommon thousand of years ago already.

And of course there are cults in which the sacrifice is prostitution, such cults exist in many regions, not forgetting killing people, including children, in sacrifices in general.

I'd say, it has probably more to do with civilisation rather than Christian beliefs whether you find the idea more repulsive - and of course, if its about the own or related children in particular its, like I said, a question of honour of you.

That relates directly to honour killings by the way, because if a group member harms your honour, f.e. a girl which becomes a prostitute in honourable family, you have to wash your honour clean - with blood.

There are many, often contradictive rules in many different times, cultures and societies...

Western Christianity was sick in its own way, by the damnation of all natural and sexual things as sin in general - actually, almost everything which is fun to humans and can please them is a sin in a certain interpretation of Christianity, which means its a lifeless religion hostile to life in a certain way - to family and offspring, bloodline etc. too, which is why the West is why it was easier to "Individualise" in the West after Feudalism and Christianity:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12370

In the current West children are not even allowed to work in any field - or are not supposed to at least. Thats of course an unnatural situation also, because in the past it was the other way around - which was one of the reasons for many children in European Christian farmers actually, even though they lost the sense and beliefs for honour, clan, bloodline, tribe and offspring traditional societies have.

Murphy
05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Hang her.

julie
05-14-2010, 08:06 PM
All I can say it our world is quickly going to hell in a handbag!

Agrippa
05-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Single cases like that happened all the time and much worse. Its not like we could say it was better, its rather that we can try to MAKE IT better in the future - also with Eugenic or Euphenic measurements, a meaningful population and social-economic policy - which we dont have right now.