PDA

View Full Version : Beer Is Making You A Girly Man

Isleño
01-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Here's an article entitled "Beer is making you a girly man" from RPM Fitness:

Beer Is Making You A Girly Man

"There very few foods that are considered gender specific, beer however is one of them. Men drink beer, its a manly drink to be had cold after a hard day of work.

Sadly some bad news for you men who love your beer. Beer is doing its best to give you a free sex change. Its turning you into a girl.

It makes your boobs bigger, stops you standing to attention, lowers your sex drive and its the Germans we have to thank.

http://rpmftns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/No-Sex.jpg

One of the main ingredients in beer is Hops. Now this was not always the case but the German Beer Purity Act of 1516 made it law that beer had to be made with hops. Prior to this beers were mainly made by herbs such as yarrow, big myrtle and marsh rosemary. Making what was called gruit.

This combination was both mentally and sexually stimulating, sweet right. Sadly this did not go down well with Protestants in Germany and they helped with the purity act. Knowing that hops reduced sex drive! Fast forward to today and most commercial beers are brewed with hops.

The Nightmare That is Hops

So what is the problem with hops? Hops is loaded, brimming with phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens are plant estrogens.

Men are meant to have a lot of testosterone and a little estrogen naturally and for women it is the opposite. So drinking hops infused liquids increases the amount of estrogen in your body.

Now hops has a particularly sticky estrogen, Estradiol. Estradiol does a few terrible things to your manliness.

http://rpmftns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Hops.jpg

It increases sex hormone binding globulin (yes that is a real thing), SHBG binds to your free testosterone making it useless. The more SHBG you have the less free testosterone you have, this is the testosterone you want.

The estradiol then has the balls to interfere with your leydig cells in your testes which produce testosterone! So hops slows your testosterone production and makes the testosterone you do have useless.

The Horror, The Horror

What results? Well over time since you have lowered your testosterone and increased your estrogen levels you will start to develop man boobs and get really fat around your midsection. As your testosterone levels are lower you will lose muscle mass which will make you look fatter again.

http://rpmftns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Fat_bastard.jpeg

Of course there is also the brewers droop, another real thing! Why do you think it has that name brewers? Because brewers who worked with hops for years pretty much had a sex change.

Lastly hops has a sedentary effect as well. Another reason it was added to beer, so people would not have the energy to do much and just feel sleepy.

Even Bigger Man Boobs

There is more! Yes another ingredient in beer is barley. Barley is full of B vitamins. B vitamins are good but barley has a stimulating effect on prolactin.

What is prolactin? Oh nothing just the hormone that is used to increase the size of women’s breast to make them bigger to breast feed! Prolactin levels in women increase naturally when they are pregnant as the body is preparing to breastfeed. Prolactin also increase when women take the pill as it tricks the body into thinking it might be pregnant.

Now men have nipples yes, but we are not meant to breastfeed so we don’t need prolactin in our lives. Yet when you enjoy your nice cold beer you are encouraging your boobs to grow!
Pick A Different Poison

Drinking a lot of beer will cause you health problems, even if its non alcoholic as the hops will play havoc with your hormonal balance. For those of you who do enjoy a nice cold frosty beer I would advise you enjoy it sparingly and maybe think about changing your particular poison."

http://rpmftns.com/beer-is-making-you-a-girly-man/

Desaix DeBurgh
01-22-2015, 11:17 PM
I refuse to drink beer because it has alot of empty calories in the form of carbs. I'm in good physical shape, now, but I'm trying to get down to a very low bodyfat percentage so there is no way in hell I will drink beer. Looking incredibly physically fit is at least 70% diet. However, if what that article says is true then that is even more reason not to drink it.

Ianus
01-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Never liked beer, i don't drink it.

Also
01-22-2015, 11:20 PM
When you are as manly as I am nothing makes you girly unless you dress like a barbie doll.

Drakoblare
01-22-2015, 11:20 PM
"Consuming too much of something has negative effects, news at 11"

Aviator
01-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah! More whiskey and wine!

SupaThug
01-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Thank God that I hate it!

Mark
01-22-2015, 11:29 PM
Glad I don't like beer very much, I'll stick with vodka. :thumb001:

Desaix DeBurgh
01-22-2015, 11:35 PM
Glad I don't like beer very much, I'll stick with vodka. :thumb001:

Vodka is an inferior grain alcohol. So called high-end expensive vodka is just a pig with lipstick on. Single malt scotch is better and it is also a more manly drink. However, Jews are not really known for being stereotypically manly. My uncle sells alcohol to bars and restaurants in Manhattan. He is an expert in alcohol. He told me that vodka is an inferior grain alcohol.

Drakoblare
01-22-2015, 11:37 PM
Vodka is an inferior grain alcohol. So called high-end expensive vodka is just a pig with lipstick on. Single malt scotch is better and it is also a more manly drink. However, Jews are not really known for being stereotypically manly. My uncle sells alcohol to bars and restaurants in Manhattan. He is an expert in alcohol. He told me that vodka is an inferior grain alcohol.

Inferior? Come on. Well, taste varies from man to man. But it's a fact, that vodka is a more feminine drink these days.

Mark
01-22-2015, 11:39 PM
Most of the time I drink Grey Goose (made from potatoes) and is pretty decent quality overall. I like whiskey and scotch as well (Maker's Mark and JW black label) are among my favorites.
But why bring the Jewish thing into this? And for the record, most people think I'm pretty masculine.

Drakoblare
01-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Most of the time I drink Grey Goose (made from potatoes) and is pretty decent quality overall. I like whiskey and scotch as well (Maker's Mark and JW black label) are among my favorites.
But why bring the Jewish thing into this? And for the record, most people think I'm pretty masculine.

You don't look like a Jew though.

Dictator
01-22-2015, 11:43 PM
I refuse to drink beer because it has alot of empty calories in the form of carbs. I'm in good physical shape, now, but I'm trying to get down to a very low bodyfat percentage so there is no way in hell I will drink beer. Looking incredibly physically fit is at least 70% diet. However, if what that article says is true then that is even more reason not to drink it.

Nobody cares about your body, or your fat percentage. You are almost 40 and soon your work will be pointless.

Smaug
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
I prefer whisky over beer anyway.

Isleño
01-22-2015, 11:53 PM

This is unfortunate, because I actually like beer. But I don't drink it often, only sometimes when out. I am really a mixed drink person and I either drink rum and coke or redbull and vodka. A nice glass of wine I also like at times. In Louisiana, we often drink daiquiris too, so that's another one. But after learning this fact about beer, I'm sure I will probably try to avoid it more than I do and just go with a mixed drink, a daiquiri or wine.

I'm sure this article will probably disappoint Oneeye though, I know he likes beer :)

Mark
01-22-2015, 11:58 PM
This is unfortunate, because I actually like beer. But I don't drink it often, only sometimes when out. I am really a mixed drink person and I either drink rum and coke or redbull and vodka. A nice glass of wine I also like at times. In Louisiana, we often drink daiquiris too, so that's another one. But after learning this fact about beer, I'm sure I will probably try to avoid it more than I do and just go with a mixed drink, a daiquiri or wine.

I'm sure this article will probably disappoint Oneeye though, I know he likes beer :)

I've had some good beer and like to try different ones, but I generally don't keep it in the house unless I have friends over.

zhaoyun
01-22-2015, 11:58 PM
I love beer. But thankfully I don't drink it regularly. Just once in a while in a bar.

Isleño
01-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Yeah! More whiskey and wine!

Here's to whiskey and wine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ZK-Qr9UQ0

Isleño
01-23-2015, 12:02 AM
I love beer. But thankfully I don't drink it regularly. Just once in a while in a bar.
Well thankfully this only happens when you drink large amounts. At least that's what I get from the article. I think one or two every now and then will not hurt. I think regular consumption may bring these side effects about.

zhaoyun
01-23-2015, 12:02 AM
Well thankfully this only happens when you drink large amounts. At least that's what I get from the article. I think one or two every now and then will not hurt. I think regular consumption may bring these side effects about.

As with everything, moderation is important.

Isleño
01-23-2015, 12:05 AM
I've had some good beer and like to try different ones, but I generally don't keep it in the house unless I have friends over.
No doubt, there are some good beers out there and I think many men like to try all the different ones, but like I said in a comment to Zhao, from what I get from the article is that excessive use of beer or even regular use can bring on these side effects. I don't think having a beer or two out with some friends every now and then will do the things explained in the article. At least I hope not, lol.

Isleño
01-23-2015, 12:07 AM
As with everything, moderation is important.

Well said! That's absolutely true. And I wonder the damage to beer sales if this information got out in the public. That's gotta be one of their worst fears.

Isleño
01-23-2015, 12:08 AM
I don't drink beer. I drink Snapple.Snapple is awesome.

Piccolo
01-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Thankfully I only drink distilled water, or rainwater, and pure grain alcohol.

Jägerstaffel
01-23-2015, 12:14 AM
I don't eat bread. I can drink as much beer as I want. My chest still looks as it did as a teenager. Just more tattooed now.

Dandelion
01-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Still drinking it.

Arch Hades
01-23-2015, 12:17 AM
Greeks drink wine, Beer is for hillbillies.

Isleño
01-23-2015, 01:29 AM
Greeks drink wine, Beer is for hillbillies.
Wine was popular in my household growing up as my parents would drink wine with dinner all the time. I like beer, it's good especially all the different types, but after finding out about the estrogen levels in the hops they use, I think I will probably drink beer less, lol