PDA

View Full Version : The Netherlands is full up, rental housing virtually non-existent

European Knight
01-23-2015, 03:22 PM
http://www.nltimes.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/For-rent-sign.jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Almere,_the_Netherlands_2004.jpg

Rental market tough as refugees pile in
More than a quarter of Dutch municipalities are facing problems in providing housing for the people who want to live there. There will be more refugees to the Netherlands and the result is that waiting time for anyone on a waiting list will increase, according to a survey of 326 municipalities. The questionnaire, created by regional broadcasters and NOS, could not get 67 additional municipalities to take part.

Last year there were over 25,000 asylum seekers to the Netherlands which is 10,000 more than the year before. Most of them come from Syria, Eritrea and Somalia and many of them may stay for humanitarian reasons and must be placed from refugee centers in to ordinary housing.

There is an increasing pressure on social rental market, hardly any apartment turnover, housing corporations are selling some of their inventory and fewer rental houses are being built, says Aedes, the national association of housing corporations in the Netherlands.

In the town of Hulst, Zeeuws-Vlaanderen region, there are 300 people waiting for an apartment and the waiting time for social housing in Almere is more than six years. Other municipalities say that there are no houses because the current residents are staying in, or because most of the residents are homeowners.

During the first half of 2014 the municipalities had to accommodate 6,500 refugees and they served over 91 percent of the asylum seekers. In the first half of 2015, the municipalities must temporarily accommodate 14,000 residence permit holders, who are staying in the Netherlands.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/01/22/rental-market-tough-refugees-pile/

Neon Knight
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
It is insane for the Netherlands to be taking refugees.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 10:17 AM
It is insane for the Netherlands to be taking refugees.

We can thank Brussels for that.

Gold-Shekel
10-14-2018, 10:24 AM
Do you actually believe immigration and the lack of rental housing are related? lol

The NL is one of the most densly populated European countries to begin with, they don't need migrants to have housing problems.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Do you actually believe immigration and the lack of rental housing are related? lol

The NL is one of the most densly populated European countries to begin with, they don't need migrants to have housing problems.

Mass immigration only contributed to to an already existing problem. We've had a chronic housing shortage since 1945. One that has been deliberately preserved and allowed to fester by governments and project developers alike in order to drive up consumer prices. If one is looking for a dirty secret to stick to my country ? This is the big one. It has been the bane of our existence for as long as I can remember and probably one of the main reasons for our low birth rate. Unless you're raking in the dough or willing to go into deep, deep debts (we have the highest mortgage debt in all of Europe), you can get forget about marriage and, if you're poorer and even have children, they will grow up in a broken home because government institutions like social services as well as housing associations don't even allow you to move together into your already existing rental and waiting lists for a new place ? Between 8 and, I am not even joking, 25 years in some areas. As for the available social housing or non-market rentals ? That goes to the migrants.

Private rentals ? Expect to pay over a 1000 euro's per month without amenities (those come separate). Buy a place ? 200-300K (at least) for an apartment.

In other words:

We don't need migrants. But we need this:

https://images.nrc.nl/e_iiAWhUeaIJfHDFP2cXpgsKHd0=/1280x/filters:no_upscale()/s3/static.nrc.nl/bvhw/files/2017/06/vinex1.jpg

For these people:

https://www.wasmachinesale.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ideale-gezins-wasmachine-4-personen.jpg

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 11:07 AM
----

Gold-Shekel
10-14-2018, 11:14 AM
Mass immigration only contributed to to an already existing problem. We've had a chronic housing shortage since 1945. One that has been deliberately preserved and allowed to fester by governments and project developers alike in order to drive up consumer prices. If one is looking for a dirty secret to stick to my country ? This is the big one. It has been the bane of our existence for as long as I can remember and probably one of the main reasons for our low birth rate. Unless you're raking in the dough or willing to go into deep, deep debts (we have the highest mortgage debt in all of Europe), you can get forget about marriage and, if you're poorer and even have children, they will grow up in a broken home because government institutions like social services as well as housing associations don't even allow you to move together into your already existing rental and waiting lists for a new place ? Between 8 and, I am not even joking, 25 years in some areas. As for the available social housing or non-market rentals ? That goes to the migrants.

Private rentals ? Expect to pay over a 1000 euro's per month without amenities (those come separate). Buy a place ? 200-300K (at least) for an apartment.

That's my point, immigration adds to the problem but it isn't the problem itself when it comes to housing. It's just easier to blame migrants and the people in power know it, hence why they bring so many in, so people don't get their pitchforks out for them and even if they do, they'll go for the migrants rather than the politicians who got them in the country.

Another thing is that, and that is worth for pretty much all of Europe, people always say kids are expensive yet have no problem having pure breed dogs who are degenerate because of the inbreeding and hence the bi-mensual 1000€ vet fees. The problem is way deeper than immigration.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 11:16 AM
That's my point, immigration adds to the problem but it isn't the problem itself when it comes to housing. It's just easier to blame migrants and the people in power know it, hence why they bring so many in, so people don't get their pitchforks out for them and even if they do, they'll go for the migrants rather than the politicians who got them in the country.

Another thing is that, and that is worth for pretty much all of Europe, people always say kids are expensive yet have no problem having pure breed dogs who are degenerate because of the inbreeding and hence the bi-mensual 1000€ vet fees. The problem is way deeper than immigration.
It is. But thanks to immigration, we don't have the breathing space to deal with the issues as they're only adding to the pile (and that pile is getting out of control). So the immigrants will have to go.

Gold-Shekel
10-14-2018, 03:08 PM
It is. But thanks to immigration, we don't have the breathing space to deal with the issues as they're only adding to the pile (and that pile is getting out of control). So the immigrants will have to go.

The immigrants will go, but the problem will remain.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 03:08 PM
The immigrants will go, but the problem will remain.

But at least we'll have some breathing space to deal with the issue.

Kamal900
10-14-2018, 03:12 PM
I'm surprised that the Netherlands doesn't have apartment flats like those in here or in countries like Russia.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm surprised that the Netherlands doesn't have apartment flats like those in here or in countries like Russia.

Actually.. we do ! I live in one. But there was one particular project (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bijlmermeer) where they ruined the whole concept so badly, that they had to abandon it.

Gold-Shekel
10-14-2018, 03:21 PM
But at least we'll have some breathing space to deal with the issue.

Lol, you'll be too tired to deal with the issue, all that is going to happen is the reinforcement of the power. The populace will still be the populace.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Lol, you'll be too tired to deal with the issue, all that is going to happen is the reinforcement of the power. The populace will still be the populace.

I don't think you know the situation in the Netherlands well enough for that. The frustration is real and the government would then see the issue come right back to the top of the list. And the election clock is always ticking.

Dandelion
10-14-2018, 03:42 PM
1K bi-mensual vet fees? What kind of families are like that? What kind of pets? lol

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 03:43 PM
1K bi-mensual vet fees? What kind of families are like that? What kind of pets? lol

No one I know. Most people can barely afford cats or a dog these days lol.

Gold-Shekel
10-14-2018, 05:28 PM

The kind of "families" who don't have children.

I don't think you know the situation in the Netherlands well enough for that. The frustration is real and the government would then see the issue come right back to the top of the list. And the election clock is always ticking.

The situation is the same in all of Europe. Elections won't change a thing, the system is strong. Do you really think Geert Wilders will magically get rid of people? Europeans will be ready to give up their freedom to get the immigrants out, that's what you're heading towards. Europe is losing its dominant position, the USA is now openly anti-European and the former colonies are slowly falling into US and Chinese hands. Immigrants will be blamed for the lack of active leadership in Europe but Europe will ultimately destroy itself, perhaps in a violent way and it will be time for Marshall plan 2045.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 09:25 PM
The situation is the same in all of Europe. Elections won't change a thing, the system is strong. Do you really think Geert Wilders will magically get rid of people? Europeans will be ready to give up their freedom to get the immigrants out, that's what you're heading towards. Europe is losing its dominant position, the USA is now openly anti-European and the former colonies are slowly falling into US and Chinese hands. Immigrants will be blamed for the lack of active leadership in Europe but Europe will ultimately destroy itself, perhaps in a violent way and it will be time for Marshall plan 2045.

Wilders gets his money in shekels, that's for sure ! Just like the others get theirs in dirham. And you're much too negative: the immigrants should be thrown out. That's for sure ! And America to "patch up" Europe after playing the same game three times over (let's not forget that it were America's actions that unleashed this tidal wave !), is about the last thing we need.

Gold-Shekel
10-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Wilders gets his money in shekels, that's for sure ! Just like the others get theirs in dirham. And you're much too negative: the immigrants should be thrown out. That's for sure ! And America to "patch up" Europe after playing the same game three times over (let's not forget that it were America's actions that unleashed this tidal wave !), is about the last thing we need.

It sure is the last thing we need, but it's exactly what's going to happen. Look at Eastern Europe, they're openly anti-European, pro-Putin and pro-Trump, while they are enemies of Europe.
It's this subordination to America that has created this weak Europe, Europe has all the means to lead, but all it does is follow.

This immigrant influx and its mediatisation are well calculated, and both Russia and the USA are laughing at us.

The Lawspeaker
10-15-2018, 02:56 PM
It sure is the last thing we need, but it's exactly what's going to happen. Look at Eastern Europe, they're openly anti-European, pro-Putin and pro-Trump, while they are enemies of Europe.
It's this subordination to America that has created this weak Europe, Europe has all the means to lead, but all it does is follow.

This immigrant influx and its mediatisation are well calculated, and both Russia and the USA are laughing at us.

I don't think this will happen now. In that respect is, this time around, rather fortunate in the fact eventhough some nations don't like each other much, there is no wish to turn this like into shooting wars. So East and West will just go their seperate ways. I think that we will get here in the West, will be more of a Velvet Revolution where the old order is slowly being replaced by a new, more nationalistic, culture.