PDA

View Full Version : REVEALED: The 14 ingredients in McDonald's FRIES - including a petrol-based chemical

wvwvw
01-25-2015, 03:31 AM
REVEALED: The 14 ingredients in McDonald's FRIES - including a petrol-based chemical and form of silicone found in Silly Putty
Mythbusters host Grant Imahara traveled to the fast food chain's potato processing plant in Idaho to see the production process from start to finish
During his investigation he found that dimethylpolysiloxane - a form of silicone found in Silly Putty - is used in the making of McDonald's fries along with a petrol-based chemical called TBHQ
He also discovered that the fries are fried twice - once at the factory and again at the restaurant
By SADIE WHITELOCKS FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:44 EST, 21 January 2015 | UPDATED: 09:55 EST, 22 January 2015

'Potatoes, thank goodness! That's a good start,' former Mythbusters host Grant Imahara says as he goes on to reveal the 13 other ingredients contained in a humble McDonald's fry.

The TV personality traveled to the fast food chain's potato processing plant in Idaho to see the production process from start to finish.

During his investigation he found that there are two rounds of frying.
He also discovered that dimethylpolysiloxane - a form of silicone found in Silly Putty - is used in the making of McDonald's fries along with a petrol-based chemical called tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ).

https://tellmenow.com/files/2015/01/2015.01.23-04.14-tellmenow-54c2737cd96d0-600x405.jpg
Learning curve: Mythbusters host Grant Imahara traveled to the fast food chain's potato processing plant in Idaho to see the production process from start to finish

However, he reassures viewers that these are both safe additives used for perfectly good reasons.
Dimethylpolysiloxane, which Imahara struggles to pronounce, is added for safety reasons to prevent cooking oil from foaming.

While tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) is applied as a food preservative.
Imahara explains that there are numerous steps involved in the creation of McDonald's fries.

First potatoes are harvested from fields before being peeled, cut and blanched.
They're then fired through a cutter at up to 70 miles an hour into thin sticks.

After being chiseled into the perfect shape, the strips of potato are sauced with a blend of canola oil, soybean oil, hydrongenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor, hydrolyzed wheat, hydrolyzed milk, citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane.

Dextrose - a natural sugar - is sprayed on the batons to help them maintain a golden fried color.
Sodium acid pyrophosphate is also added to prevent the fries from going grey.
Last but not least, salt is sprinkled on for flavor.

The fries are then flash frozen at the Simplot factory and transported to McDonald's outlets across the country.
Once they are at restaurants, the potato sticks are fried for a second time.

The oil blend is similar to the factory mix, with the addition of tertiary butylhydroquinone and hydrogenated soybean oil - a manufactured form of trans fat...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2920731/Don-t-try-home-14-ingredients-contained-McDonald-s-FRIES-including-petrol-based-chemical-form-silicone-Silly-Putty.html#ixzz3PnvkBT00

LightHouse89
01-25-2015, 03:41 AM
Pure filth I wouldn't put into my blood stream even if paid to do so.

Loki
01-25-2015, 03:43 AM
Yummy, so THAT's why it tastes so damn good! :D

wvwvw
01-25-2015, 03:51 AM
Yummy, so THAT's why it tastes so damn good! :D

Unfortunately yes. But have you tried eating McDonalds fries after an hour or so? they taste so fake and are almost inedible.

wvwvw
01-25-2015, 03:52 AM
Seems like Switzerland is the most expensive country in the world to buy a Mac

Hard to swallow: Big Macs now cost FIVE POUNDS each in Switzerland... and that doesn't include fries and a drink
Big Mac index tests the relative price of currencies around the world
Swiss franc remains the most expensive, according to the index
The iconic burger now costs the equivalent of nearly $8 there, £5 in sterling
Norway's currency is the second most expensive, followed by Denmark
Swiss currency is soaring after central bank removed Euro cap last week
By RICHARD SPILLETT FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 03:28 EST, 23 January 2015 | UPDATED: 09:34 EST, 23 January 2015

It's lucky most visitors to this week's Davos conference are billionaires - because Switzerland has been named the most expensive place in the world to buy a Big Mac.
The famous burgers cost 6.50 Swiss francs in the Alpine country - that works out at more than £5 ($7.50) for the McDonald's sandwich alone.
Norway has the second most expensive Big Mac in the world at £4.40($6.50), followed by Denmark, Brazil and the US, according to the so-called Big Mac index.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2923062/Big-Macs-cost-fice-pounds-Switzerland.html#ixzz3Po0p1LMs

LightHouse89
01-25-2015, 03:58 AM
Unfortunately yes. But have you tried eating McDonalds fries after an hour or so? they taste so fake and are almost inedible.

Have you ever seen how any of this trash was made? If you worked for mcdonalds for a week you wouldn't touch that food ever again. :cool: I quit after a month of working there in high school. The smell of the food made me want to puke every day haha.

Loki
01-25-2015, 03:59 AM
A small cheeseburger costs just £1 here :) (99p)

Leto
01-25-2015, 03:59 AM
Have you ever seen how any of this trash was made? If you worked for mcdonalds for a week you wouldn't touch that food ever again. :cool: I quit after a month of working there in high school. The smell of the food made me want to puke every day haha.
McDonald's is so American. When people blame or curse America, they often mention McDonald's as an example of the American cultural influence.

LightHouse89
01-25-2015, 04:02 AM
McDonald's is so American. When people blame or curse America, they often mention McDonald's as an example of the American cultural influence.

Yes. I hate Wal-Mart much more as it pours money finance into China. I laugh at the 'Americans' who shop at a store that sells Chinese junk.