PDA

View Full Version : The Interview

Harley
01-27-2015, 06:00 PM
The movie is currently available to watch on Netflix.

I just finished watching this movie last night. It was typical style Rogen and Franco bro-mance humor, and if you've seen movies like Pineapple Express, you already know a lot about the ensuing raunchiness.

There was a major fuss in December before its theatrical release, in which Sony was threatened by hackers to remove the movie or their private information would be accessed and displayed. My question is

I know humor has always been a great weapon of protest, but how realistic was the information about North Korea presented in the movie? Or was it exaggerated simply for plot lines?

Random trivia fact about me: I represented the Democratic People's Republic of Korea for a mock UN trial in middle school.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/the-interview-poster-690x1024.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkJA1rb8Nxo

LightHouse89
01-27-2015, 06:14 PM
I dislike Seth Rogen after his recent comments regarding a different film :cool:

Harley
01-27-2015, 06:19 PM
I dislike Seth Rogen after his recent comments regarding a different film :cool:

I rarely pay attention to these types of media things, but I think I saw something about it. Was it the American Sniper movie?

Harley
01-27-2015, 06:22 PM
I watched it. It was dull for the most part.

That's basically what I thought when I watched the movie. I was like all this fuss over this? Pah.

Shah-Jehan
01-27-2015, 06:22 PM
It was probably exaggerated, I doubt North Koreans actually believe that Kim Jong Un does not have a butthole lol:lol:

LightHouse89
01-27-2015, 06:23 PM
I rarely pay attention to these types of media things, but I think I saw something about it. Was it the American Sniper movie?

I may still watch this one because the topic is kind of funny and I think its funny when the media makes fun of this dictator. I wasn't shocked with Michael Moore as we all know what he is like. But Seth Rogen shocked me with his comment.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
I may still watch this one because the topic is kind of funny and I think its funny when the media makes fun of this dictator. I wasn't shocked with Michael Moore as we all know what he is like. But Seth Rogen shocked me with his comment.

Seth Rogen is a Jew.

LightHouse89
01-27-2015, 06:45 PM
That's basically what I thought when I watched the movie. I was like all this fuss over this? Pah.

Seeing already you two and afew people I know said it isn't that good I will probably spare myself from watching it. I am not a big an of Hollywood and wont see the Sniper film either. The Iraq war doesn't interest me really.

LightHouse89
01-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Seth Rogen is a Jew.

A lot of people in Hollywood think that way and express these unusual opinions. Again I am not much of a person to tae interest in anything they make these days. I like older films.

Jehan
01-27-2015, 06:52 PM
I saw the movie and dislike it .

In general i enjoy seth rogen but here the humor is really poor. For the same kind of jock "horrible bosses 2" is better.
And honesthly the political critic of north korea isn't really develop. It's superficial.

Harley
01-27-2015, 06:54 PM
I think the comment was a bit careless, but I also think he didn't mean anything about it. His movies like Pineapple Express and This Is The End set the pace for me on what to expect from him.

I also tend to think the military doesn't receive the props it deserves, so the comment in conjunction with all the crap that feels like the government is downgrading our servicemen makes me care more than not.

Seeing already you two and afew people I know said it isn't that good I will probably spare myself from watching it. I am not a big an of Hollywood and wont see the Sniper film either. The Iraq war doesn't interest me really.
You wouldn't be missing much, but I like Seth Rogen and James Franco humor in general, because it itches a weird scratch that only weird humor can get.

I'm not really interested in American Sniper. If someone drags me there, I won't protest. Have you seen Lone Survivor? I've heard that's a good movie, but I haven't tried watching it yet.

Harley
01-27-2015, 06:56 PM
I saw the movie and dislike it .

In general i enjoy seth rogen but here the humor is really poor. For the same kind of jock "horrible bosses 2" is better.
And honesthly the political critic of north korea isn't really develop. It's superficial.

I was expecting more of the political critique in the movie, which I thought during it that may have been why the humor was a bit pulled in it, but bleh.

LightHouse89
01-27-2015, 08:04 PM
I think the comment was a bit careless, but I also think he didn't mean anything about it. His movies like Pineapple Express and This Is The End set the pace for me on what to expect from him.

I also tend to think the military doesn't receive the props it deserves, so the comment in conjunction with all the crap that feels like the government is downgrading our servicemen makes me care more than not.

You wouldn't be missing much, but I like Seth Rogen and James Franco humor in general, because it itches a weird scratch that only weird humor can get.

I'm not really interested in American Sniper. If someone drags me there, I won't protest. Have you seen Lone Survivor? I've heard that's a good movie, but I haven't tried watching it yet.

Lone Survivor was good. I like movies with Mark Wahlberg. I feel bad for the Pashtun guy/village that saved the real man as that man is getting death threats in Afghanistan over it. I wont throw out any spoilers but the movie also touched a bit on Afghan culture and customs despite being a war film.

I like some of Seth Rogen movies. He was funny in 40 Year Old Virgin. One of my friends that is a service member himself is pestering me to see this new one though. I just do not find modern war interesting really. I like old war films but I don't mind Comedy or some other genres. I will say though Lone Survivor is worth seeing.

Linebacker
01-27-2015, 08:19 PM
It was on at the Mall last week but I booked Taken 3 instead and watched Taken 3.

Dont suppose I missed anything much?

Dictator
01-27-2015, 08:20 PM
The Dictator was wayyyy better

Pongi
02-05-2017, 07:01 PM
This movie is pathetic USA propaganda.