PDA

View Full Version : Kurds secure Kobani

Longbowman
01-28-2015, 12:44 PM
The YPG has defeated ISIS in Kobani, northern Syria.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/26/middleeast/syria-kobani-fighting/index.html

Graham
01-28-2015, 12:59 PM
How many Kurds will return? Even if ISIS have left due to airstrikes.

The towns a wreck, the countries a wreck.

Longbowman
01-28-2015, 01:02 PM
How many Kurds will return? Even if ISIS have left due to airstrikes.

The towns a wreck, the countries a wreck.

dat British optimism tho

Ulla
01-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Kurds are great.

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Let's just hope they don't use this opportunity to steal Syrian lands for Kurdistan.

Longbowman
01-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Let's just hope they don't use this opportunity to steal Syrian lands for Kurdistan.

To the victor the spoils.

Ulla
01-28-2015, 01:10 PM

We all should support the birth of Kurdistan. They deserve this.

Jehan
01-28-2015, 01:10 PM

I assume we can say that they desserve it.

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 01:12 PM
We all should support the birth of Kurdistan. They deserve this.

Sure, but their depictions of Kurdistan include regions that haven't been historically Kurdish, which includes the parts of Syria I'm worried about. It's like me (as a Pali) redrawing the map of Palestine to acquire many parts of Jordan.

Pennywise
01-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Kurds were defeat ISIS? they did nothing. American and NATO planes bombed ISIS fronts for months. And suddenly it's become a kurdish victory? :rolleyes: yeah sure.

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Sure, but their depictions of Kurdistan include regions that haven't been historically Kurdish, which includes the parts of Syria I'm worried about. It's like me (as a Pali) redrawing the map of Palestine to acquire many parts of Jordan.

I think western Iraq should be part of Jordan, genetically and culturally they are the same. Some maps even claim Hatra a well known Bedouin city as well historically , and there are relics to show this like the temple of Al-lat .

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Unlike the Kurds of Iraq,Iran & southern Turkey.....

Kurds are somewhat foreign to Syria, they're settlers.... And their conquest is diveded into historical eras:

The Ayubids, in 11th,12th Century... with Salah Al-Deen... they settled in cities such as Damascus, and other parts of western Syria, and held governmantial posts.

And the second wave came with ottoman help fairly newer, that is the Kurmanji speaking kurds.... and these are the "Syrian Kurds" we know and see today, In places like Kobane, Hasakah & Qamishli

The biggest change in demographics was in the 20th century, with Ottoman help

Kurmanji kurds, would raid christian syriac & armenian villiages, slaughter them and resettle.

Do they deserve a land in Syria ?

No, they don't....

Will they get one ?

Maybe, but that will escolate into another Kurdish/Kurdish conflict, with turkish involvement, and probably iranian too.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 01:26 PM
I think western Iraq should be part of Jordan, genetically and culturally they are the same. Some maps even claim Hatra a well known Bedouin city as well historically , and there are relics to show this like the temple of Al-lat .

And how on earth will the jordanian goverment govern these people....?

Their lands are vast empty deserts, no oil, no water, no nothing.....

West iraq is not worth a nickel....

These will be a massive burden on Jordanian economy... I highly doubt Jordan is even interested in having them,

Lol, Jordan even has economical problems in it's current status, weren't it for Discount Iraqi oil... Jordan, would be in turmoil.

Sideritis
01-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Heard the news. Very heartwarming for us outsiders, but with great lost for the brave people fighting in there. Lets see how it goes since winning a battle is no winning a war.

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 01:36 PM
And how on earth will the jordanian goverment govern these people....?

Their lands are vast empty deserts, no oil, no water, no nothing.....

These will be a massive burden on Jordanian economy... I highly doubt Jordan is even interested in having them,

There is natural gas has there they found recently yes there is water , the river flows in region. They actually are since they they see a continuum of Arabian Bedo culture in the region. It will give them a strategic region as well. Western Iraq is also not densely populated so it won't do much to Jordan's economy and along side the natural resources it should be ok, you only need oil and gas to ignite the economy but at the same time you don't need to either if you have other markets like agriculture, date plantation were common in western Iraq for example and there other things as well.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 01:44 PM
There is natural gas has there they found recently yes there is water , the river flows in region. They actually are since they they see a continuum of Arabian Bedo culture in the region. It will give them a strategic region as well. Western Iraq is also not densely populated so it won't do much to Jordan's economy and along side the natural resources it should be ok, you only need oil and gas to ignite the economy but at the same time you don't need to either if you have other markets like agriculture, date plantation were common in western Iraq for example and there other things as well.

How did that old song go?......

Ohh yeah, it went a little something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlP0m39xdI0

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 01:45 PM
I have nothing against if they want to form, Kurdistan as long they don't expand or claim traditional Bedouin cities in western Iraq. Though like I said our closest relatives are the Jordanians.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 01:49 PM
I have nothing against if they want to form, Kurdistan as long they don't expand or claim traditional Bedouin cities in western Iraq. Though like I said our closest relatives are the Jordanians.

Dude Iraq is not some apple-pie, for countries divide between themselves.....

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 01:56 PM
How did that old song go?......

Ohh yeah, it went a little something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlP0m39xdI0

Well genetics, culture, and dialect proves an Arabian Bedo belt that goes from Sinai into Jordan and western Iraq. I am not Jordanian, but I do feel related to them more so than our other neighbours, my mom is from western Iraq the desert areas hence the Syrian Desert. Then after them the people of Arabia, don't see much relationship with the eastern and northern neighbours. We do relate to the people of southern Iraq genetically but there is difference of culture and dialect.