PDA

View Full Version : Which country to pick for Erasmus?

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Anyone here took part in Erasmus programme? next year I'll be able to apply for it. Which country should I pick? I was told a couple of times I look French so I wanna see how much I will pass out there :cool: if not France I want to try one of Baltic countries.

StonyArabia
01-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Go to Iceland the chicks there are cute or America. A lot of beauties in the Midwest of America.

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Go to Iceland the chicks there are cute or America. A lot of beauties in the Midwest of America.

Erasmus is a EU programme though, America is my ultimate destination :)

StonyArabia
01-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Erasmus is a EU programme though, America is my ultimate destination :)

Ah, well yeah then try Iceland, it's similar to student exchange program we have here. Yeah America and Canada are beautiful but the Midwest of America is beautiful with a lot of beautiful lasses. Maybe Isle of Manx you like it to.

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Ah, well yeah then try Iceland, it's similar to student exchange program we have here. Yeah America and Canada are beautiful but the Midwest of America is beautiful with a lot of beautiful lasses. Maybe Isle of Manx you like it to.

Iceland would be a great experience. I will go check if that volcano with a weird name erupts again soon. :p

ius semper
01-29-2015, 06:24 PM
I'd choose a country which is quite different to mine, so the cultural exchange is bigger

Arbërori
01-29-2015, 06:30 PM
I recommend Finland, was there a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:33 PM

You went there with Erasmus or on your own?

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:35 PM
I'd choose a country which is quite different to mine, so the cultural exchange is bigger

Yea I'm interested in different cultures but I'm also addicted to metropolitan life :)

Arbërori
01-29-2015, 06:38 PM
You went there with Erasmus or on your own?

A similar programme actually. I was in Oulu, that's around 500 km northern from Helsinki. It was absolutely wonderful, we even went to Santa Claus's land. :lol:

You will surely like it, it has got very nice cities, very modern and cultured.

ius semper
01-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Yea I'm interested in different cultures but I'm also addicted to metropolitan life :)

I see you're turkish, if you like countries with other cultures but with cosmopolitic cities, I recomend you my city (not making media btw):Barcelona.
It's in spain so it has nothing to do with turkish culture, it's quite big and has beaches and lots of things to see (in summer it's very ho, about 25 degrees; but in winter it's fine, about 10 degrees moreless).

Musso
01-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Anyone here took part in Erasmus programme? next year I'll be able to apply for it. Which country should I pick? I was told a couple of times I look French so I wanna see how much I will pass out there :cool: if not France I want to try one of Baltic countries.

Armenia. Live a little.

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:44 PM
A similar programme actually. I was in Oulu, that's around 500 km northern from Helsinki. It was absolutely wonderful, we even went to Santa Claus's land. :lol:

You will surely like it, it has got very nice cities, very modern and cultured.

Santa Claus' land? lol, sounds exciting. What are the prices like?

Arbërori
01-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Santa Claus' land? lol, sounds exciting. What are the prices like?

This, it's in Rovaniemi:
http://i.imgur.com/MJuNq5W.jpg

The prices are comparable with other European countries, a tad cheaper in smaller towns such as Oulu (smaller as in compared to Helsinki).

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:47 PM
I see you're turkish, if you like countries with other cultures but with cosmopolitic cities, I recomend you my city (not making media btw):Barcelona.
It's in spain so it has nothing to do with turkish culture, it's quite big and has beaches and lots of things to see (in summer it's very ho, about 25 degrees; but in winter it's fine, about 10 degrees moreless).

I'm sure it's great, I know many people who went there with Erasmus. :) What are the prices like, again? especially fastfood and beverage.

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Armenia. Live a little.

Would you welcome me? :)

Archduke
01-29-2015, 07:11 PM
I've choosed Italy and going to go there September. :P

Bellona
01-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Hi, I started my Erasmus this september and I decided to travel to Germany because I study this language and I love this place. It's nice to live in a new country but remember that lessons in another language are damn difficult

Arbërori
01-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I've choosed Italy and going to go there September. :P

:eek: You little bitch!

ius semper
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm sure it's great, I know many people who went there with Erasmus. :) What are the prices like, again? especially fastfood and beverage.

Depends, if you go to turistic places it's quite expensive, but in other parts of the city I think it's quite cheap. ( for example, a 2L water bottle in a supermarket costs about 1 euro, chips and all that stuff are about 3 euros) so you gotta know were to go to buy, because in some places things are really expensive. But in general i'd say it's an expensive city...

safinator
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Amsterdam, can't go wrong with it.

Peikko
01-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Edit: never mind

Peikko
01-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Amsterdam, can't go wrong with it.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/50032/_1354651162.jpg

Archduke
01-29-2015, 07:34 PM
:eek: You little bitch!

I'm going to taste Italian meat once again. :P

Ryujin
01-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi, I started my Erasmus this september and I decided to travel to Germany because I study this language and I love this place. It's nice to live in a new country but remember that lessons in another language are damn difficult

I agree, I study at a English-based department but there are some lessons in native language not to mention some teachers speaking locally from time to time. We have an exchange student from Albania in our class and teachers were quite helpful to him, he just prepared an assigment and passed a native language lesson. I want France though I know they hate English... But in other countries I could do fine, I believe.

TheBlondeSalad
01-29-2015, 07:45 PM
The UK.

Faklon
01-29-2015, 07:57 PM
Take Armenia so you can be close to your relatives.

Musso
01-30-2015, 03:12 AM
Would you welcome me? :)

Yes of course :D screw the uptight, polite European countries lol

Jehan
02-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Saragosse is popular destination for erasmus, the price are lowe and the weather is good. The only stuff is you don't have the sea.

You haven't a limit in term of country?

Ryujin
02-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Saragosse is popular destination for erasmus, the price are lowe and the weather is good. The only stuff is you don't have the sea.

You haven't a limit in term of country?

No idea yet. I don't mind if there's not sea I've had enough of that. :p

Btw the only thing I know about that city is Real Zaragoza, would probably watch a game out there. :cool:

paprika
02-01-2015, 04:28 PM
wow that is pretty cool you can choose any from a wide selection of countries, would be a tough choice for me also

Foxy
02-02-2015, 09:07 AM
In case of Erasmus my first choice would be Germany, second one probably Poland.
You must check with which countries your uni is associated. Mine is with England, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Romania. As none picks in general the last 2, it is better to candidate for something you are very interested in and elect a less common one as second choice with the chance that there will be more free places.

Ulla
02-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Which country should I pick?

France or Netherlands.

Highlands
02-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Spain, Italy, Germany
My brother is studying Spanish and he will be spending a year abroad in Spain :D

Borna
02-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Just stay away from the Slavic lands.

I am interested in seeing Riga on a spring semester, need to see yet, how smart that idea is.

Amapola
02-02-2015, 10:20 AM
If other people's choices might interest you

http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/infographics/inforgraphics-languages/erasmus-students-by-country_en.jpg
http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/infographics/inforgraphics-languages/most-popular-erasmus-destination_en.jpg
http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/infographics/inforgraphics-languages/top-5-sending-coutries_en.jpg
http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/infographics/inforgraphics-languages/country-pop-destination_en.jpg

:)

Nurzat
02-02-2015, 10:22 AM
pick Italy or Spain ;) stay home

Ryujin
02-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Just stay away from the Slavic lands.

I am interested in seeing Riga on a spring semester, need to see yet, how smart that idea is.

Go for it if you're genuinely interested in Baltics, I personally am.

Ryujin
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Spain, Italy, Germany
My brother is studying Spanish and he will be spending a year abroad in Spain :D

Spain and Italy are really nice but I'm kinda into colder, windier weather.

Ryujin
02-02-2015, 02:19 PM
In case of Erasmus my first choice would be Germany, second one probably Poland.
You must check with which countries your uni is associated. Mine is with England, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Romania. As none picks in general the last 2, it is better to candidate for something you are very interested in and elect a less common one as second choice with the chance that there will be more free places.

I just checked and it says my uni is associated with all Erasmus participants (EU states + Macedonia, Liechstentein, Iceland, Norway). They're divided into 3 different groups with the first one mostly including Western and Northern Europe. I think your marks need to be quite good to be able to pick one of these.

Why don't they pick Poland? I thought it was a popular destination at least in here. Cheaper and easier to go.

Jana
02-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I would pick Krakow, Poland. :D

Hithaeglir
02-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Spain,Hungary.

Jerban
02-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Germany or Denmark.

Jehan
02-02-2015, 05:58 PM
If you are into cold winter, one of my friend did erasmus in Goteborg. It was nice. The infrastructure for student are awsome, at the point that there was a sauna in the campus where you can go for free. The city is good and you are a bit in the middle of scandinavia if you want to visit stokohlm, oslo or copenhague.
The bad side is of course the money. The life can be a bit expensive.

Brzęczyszczykiewiczówna
02-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Slovenia, Hungary

Dandelion
02-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Greece. They like Turks over there.

Baldur
02-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Damn immigrants.. How about staying over there. :p

Comte Arnau
02-02-2015, 07:26 PM
The Vatican. No female distraction.

Ryujin
03-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Ok, applications are up for the 2015-2016 session, and it seems I've got only two options; Poland (University of Lodz) and Sweden (Malmö University). :)

I hear Malmo has a lot of Middle Eastern immigrants , true? not really cup of my tea if so, I can pick Poland. I also want to stay at my own place, what are the prices like?