PDA

View Full Version : Men tell more lies than women, research shows

Liffrea
05-18-2010, 10:45 AM
WHEN it comes to lying, there is one universal truth – men do more of it than women.

On average, a man will tell three lies a day, racking up 1,092 whoppers in a year. But research shows that the average woman will come out with 728, fibbing just twice a day.

The most frequent lies men and women tell each other turn out to be ones they use to avoid conflict in their relationships, including the classic male line: “No, your bum doesn’t look big in that.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/175754/Men-tell-more-lies-than-women-research-shows

You have to lie to women it's the only way to shut them up, get them into bed or get them out of the house.:D:p

The Lawspeaker
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
You have to lie to women it's the only way to shut them up, get them into bed or get them out of the house. :D :P
Hahaha ! :D

Tabiti
05-18-2010, 11:29 AM
“No, your bum doesn’t look big in that.”
Do you think women believe that?:)

Beorn
05-18-2010, 11:47 AM
It would explain why men are the rulers of the world. To be able to lie successfully and more often is to manifest your clear intelligence from the rest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1278844/Lying-way-How-tale-telling-toddlers-turn-tycoons-future.html

;)

Eldritch
05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Ööööh .... and how exactly do you do research on how often people lie? By asking them about it?

Liffrea
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Angel
It would explain why men are the rulers of the world. To be able to lie successfully and more often is to manifest your clear intelligence from the rest.

Odin he say:

If you’ve another, whom you don’t trust, but from whom you want nothing but good, speak fairly to him but think falsely and repay treachery with lies.
Havamal, 45

antonio
05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Probably males are much prone to boldly admit their own lies even the evilest ones...and maybe females to give excuses like: "I was wrong, confused, nervous, I lack information..."

Eldritch
05-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Probably males are much prone to boldly admit their own lies even the evilest ones...and maybe females to give excuses like: "I was wrong, confused, nervous, I lack information..."

A woman has never been, in the entire history of the universe, known to admit that she's wrong or uninformed.

Tabiti
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Common, I did it all the time, because the trait to speak before thinking when I'm angry. However, it's nearly impossible to hear "I was wrong" from the mouth of many males (including mine). A really frank confession is usually "OK, you may be right BUT..."

antonio
05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
A woman has never been, in the entire history of the universe, known to admit that she's wrong or uninformed.

Yeah, but maybe we're not realizing what a change of mentality happens on them by last decades. I bet in the old days they lacked their modern arrogance, even more annoying for not primary than men's, because there's not a case of hormonal levels but an educational one.

vp01
05-18-2010, 04:31 PM
However, it's nearly impossible to hear "I was wrong" from the mouth of many males (including mine). A really frank confession is usually "OK, you may be right BUT..."

maybe they cant say thay are wrong because they arent wrong and ur mate says hes wrong because he wants to shut you up? :)

Pallantides
05-18-2010, 04:35 PM
the classic male line: “No, your bum doesn’t look big in that."

I like big butts and that's no lie!

Svanhild
05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Males lie and we just camouflage the truth a bit. If needed. :wink Most men are unable to see behind, though.

Man: "I was good in bed!?"
Woman: "Hmm...well....yes...sure..."
Man: "Yes, I know I am!"
http://www.666-euro-taschengeld.de/assets/images/jubel.jpg.gif
Woman: :icon_rolleyes:

Falkata
05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
"Omg i can´t believe i banged that guy yesterday. I didnt want to cheat my bf, i was so drunk, confused... It was his fault because blabla... "

You´ll never heard something similar from a man´s mouth. He will keep the secret for himself or he will admit what he did it, instead of trying to be the innocent part of the mess :p

Beorn
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Most men are unable to see behind, though

Most men simply don't care.

Austin
05-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I would question this study just because in today's texting/IM world women get a lot more attention from guys than guys get from women in the realms of texting/IM.

Befriended a girl and looked through her phone when she was doing something, she had multiple guys going in texts that she was interested in them, with different stories for each of them based on what they evidently wanted to hear. I just think that women probably have to lie out of necessity these days based on how much they get hit on by males in texts/email/IM.

Beorn
05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
I would question this study just because in today's texting/IM world women get a lot more attention from guys than guys get from women in the realms of texting/IM.

Befriended a girl and looked through her phone when she was doing something, she had multiple guys going in texts that she was interested in them, with different stories for each of them based on what they evidently wanted to hear. I just think that women probably have to lie out of necessity these days based on how much they get hit on by males in texts/email/IM.

1) Stop invading peoples privacy.
2) You're hitting on the wrong women and you really shouldn't be befriending women. You're either banging them or Gay.

Austin
05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
1) I can be friends with women.
2) Being friends with women means meeting her women friends which leads to multiple banging possibilities.

Also I can look through her phone If I want. (: as long as I don't get caught.

Amapola
05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Sure.... that's epic and not studies needed

They say "I love you" to get into your pants :rolleyes:

Brynhild
05-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Quite true. However, it is always a woman's prerogative to change her mind. ;)

Germanicus
05-18-2010, 11:02 PM
[I]WHEN it comes to lying, there is one universal truth – men do more of it than women.

On average, a man will tell three lies a day, racking up 1,092 whoppers in a year. But research shows that the average woman will come out with 728, fibbing just twice a day.

The most frequent lies men and women tell each other turn out to be ones they use to avoid conflict in their relationships, including the classic male line: “No, your bum doesn’t look big in that.”

Or, ...."i am going to wash up for you dear"...."that dress fits you perfectly" ........... "sit down love, have a rest, the room does'nt need tidying"......... "is it my turn to make coffee?" ......... " of course i don't just want you just for sex".......... "you can have anything you want for your birthday"..:)

Now you see a male has to juggle the lies(bullshit)

Post Icons

Austin
05-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Yes women absolutely cannot admit a fault on any level. Maybe out of an attempt to maintain structure perhaps?

Had a friend who got pregnant from her ex, he jetted of course. When I asked her how she got pregnant she tells me she had terminal vaginal cancer and had a year to live so she got artificially inseminated so she could be a mom then went to a fourth doctor and was miraculously cleared of the cancer diagnosis yet stuck with being pregnant......

(still has not admitted she's lying even though she knows I know she is.....cured of sudden terminal cancer after fourth doctor visit..artificial insemination...all right after bf leaves her....right....)

The Lawspeaker
05-19-2010, 01:25 AM
he jetted of course
"Of course". That guy is a filthy coward.
But damn she is one creative liar. I once had an ex-girlfriend that was just such a creative liar.

Austin
05-19-2010, 01:37 AM
"Of course". That guy is a filthy coward.
But damn she is one creative liar. I know an ex like that..

Eh yeah she isn't exactly a wise character one could say...let a deadbeat get her pregnant who three weeks before she caught with three girls in their bed and forgave him....then lets him get her pregnant...Texas has a lot of that, a lot of girls here are ignorant like that, that's what believing the earth is 6000 years old will do to you, make you naive in more ways than one....In a socially conservative society women are geared towards a social ignorance and superficiality I would say...that greatly rewards opportunistic males who know how to sucker these types it is a shame there are legions of single suckered young moms who are essentially doomed in a capitalist/non-social-welfare society such as the U.S.

Liffrea
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
The truth is relative to what you can earn from a lie.
Del Boy

Lulletje Rozewater
05-19-2010, 03:58 PM
WHEN it comes to lying, there is one universal truth – men do more of it than women.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/175754/Men-tell-more-lies-than-women-research-shows

You have to lie to women it's the only way to shut them up, get them into bed or get them out of the house.:D:p

The figures are wrong,ever thought of falsies women wear.
False eyelashes
False eye color
False nails.
Wigs
Painted toe nails
General make up
False teeth
False propped up boobs.
Innersoles to give height.
A corset is thrown in for fun

By the time you want to have sex,the whole caboedel sticks to your face or body.
On top of it,when you look at her triangle from nearby you see her wiglet.
Rather get a plastic doll to blow up

julie
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Hahaha ! :D

Something you need to stop lieing bout my love ;) lol! We women have known for the dawn of time Men lie more than women ever did rght girl?

Solwyn
05-19-2010, 05:22 PM
I prefer to think of it as creative allocation of verbal resources:D

......and since we all know that the bonding between men and women is ultimately biologically driven for sex, then of course women are never wrong and we don't have to admit to anything. Because if I'm found to be wrong and the male in question pushes the issue, it sets off this mechanism in my brain directly connected to my knees, making them lock tightly together for an indeterminate length of time. Then we don't procreate and the human species dies out, all because you couldn't suck it up and say "Yes, dear" :P

Ha, ha, ha, kidding of course.....or am I?

:D

Óttar
05-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Ha, ha, ha, kidding of course.....or am I?

The fair sex? More like the unfair sex.

Liffrea
05-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Óttar
The fair sex? More like the unfair sex.

Well I think the phrase is the fairer sex as in dainty, cute and more agreeable.

Of course that’s so much chivalrous BS, women are manipulative, devious and often treacherous i.e. human+ and they need to be and often are better at it than men.:D

A women in full blown bitch mode is a far scarier challenge than any man.

Austin
05-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Well I think the phrase is the fairer sex as in dainty, cute and more agreeable.

Of course that’s so much chivalrous BS, women are manipulative, devious and often treacherous i.e. human+ and they need to be and often are better at it than men.:D

I'd contest the notion that women are better at pulling a fast one. It just seems this way because males have a higher sex drive on average hence we are biologically rigged to accept being taken advantage of in return for desired sexual gains.

Not so much that we are any less cunning we just have a biological craving that disadvantages us in this regard.

For instance I have witnessed plenty of women who became addicted to drugs such as many men are to sex and those women are just as easily taken advantage of if not more so than a sex-driven male so it is all relative in the end, women just happened to be the sex with on average a lesser sex drive, one sex had to have a higher urge to mate than the other.

Turkophagos
05-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Woman: Think of man, and just take away reason, honesty and accountability.

Lulletje Rozewater
05-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Something you need to stop lieing bout my love ;) lol! We women have known for the dawn of time Men lie more than women ever did rght girl?

Actually it is more like, Men who do not forgive women their little faults will never enjoy their great bodies.:p

Toni
05-20-2010, 09:57 AM
especially on teh internet

SuuT
05-20-2010, 11:09 AM

In Love and revenge, Woman is more barbarous than Man (Uncle Freddie).

The Lawspeaker
05-22-2010, 03:53 PM
In Love and revenge, Woman is more barbarous than Man (Uncle Freddie).
I'd personally rather pick a fight with the entire Chinese then pissing off a woman. I'd reckon that the odds that I come out in one piece when messing with the first are better.