PDA

View Full Version : Over 50 is best time of your life

Liffrea
05-18-2010, 10:46 AM
FALLING levels of stress and worry, a longer life and better health mean life now begins at 50, a study shows.

Instead of settling into a “fireside and slippers” existence, older people now pursue fulfilment in a more active and vigorous middle age.

Researchers found older folk also benefited from a “positivity effect” meaning they recalled fewer bad memories, had more emotional control and an ability to see things positively.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/175752/Over-50-is-best-time-of-your-life

antonio
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I just too negative and pesimistic to believe it on myself. But for the others it's very plausible...taking into account that many times they at younger ages amaze me by being not down at situations, conditions (or even lookings) that I would find simply unbearable.

Ps. I suppose it's my fault...or not. Anycase it would be better if I am wrong and they're right being joy and not worrying, in order to try to overcome myself to become one of them.

Germanicus
05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Feeling stressed out is like an old memory now, the feeling of contemptment is very nice, the free time i have to do things at my own pace is great.
Money problems are non existent, the gentler life style i am living has improved my mental well being enormously..:)