PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Algerian Mitochondrial DNA and Y-Chromosome Profiles into the North African Landscap

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Published: February 19, 2013

North Africa is considered a distinct geographic and ethnic entity within Africa. Although modern humans originated in this Continent, studies of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and Y-chromosome genealogical markers provide evidence that the North African gene pool has been shaped by the back-migration of several Eurasian lineages in Paleolithic and Neolithic times. More recent influences from sub-Saharan Africa and Mediterranean Europe are also evident.

To fill this gap, we analyzed a sample of 240 unrelated subjects from a northwest Algeria cosmopolitan population using mtDNA sequences and Y-chromosome biallelic polymorphisms, focusing on the fine dissection of haplogroups E and R, which are the most prevalent in North Africa and Europe respectively. The Eurasian component in Algeria reached 80% for mtDNA and 90% for Y-chromosome. However, within them, the North African genetic component for mtDNA (U6 and M1; 20%) is significantly smaller than the paternal (E-M81 and E-V65; 70%). The unexpected presence of the European-derived Y-chromosome lineages R-M412, R-S116, R-U152 and R-M529 in Algeria and the rest of the Maghreb could be the counterparts of the mtDNA H1, H3 and V subgroups, pointing to direct maritime contacts between the European and North African sides of the western Mediterranean. Female influx of sub-Saharan Africans into Algeria (20%) is also significantly greater than the male (10%).

Comparisons between North African and Mediterranean Europe maternal and paternal gene pools reveal sharp discontinuities and limited gene flow between both areas. Furthermore, Berbers constitute a very heterogeneous group showing significant differences even between geographically close communities. However, an unexpected lack of differentiation between Berber and Arab speaking communities was found.

Samples

Blood samples were anonymously obtained from a total of 240 unrelated healthy adult residents in northwest Algeria (Oran area) after informed written consent. This study was approved by the research ethics committee of the University of La Laguna. DNA was extracted using the standard salting-out method. For Y-Chromosome analysis, DNA from previous surveys were used for fine resolution analyses of haplogroups E1b (M78): 26 samples from Iberians and Moroccans [46], 6 from Algerians, and 4 from Tunisians, and for R1b (M343): 361 samples from Iberians and Moroccans, 13 from Saharawi and Mauritanians, 12 from Algerians, and 2 from Tunisians.

Results

Algerian mtDNA Profile

Mozabites are the most differentiated with a p<0.001 value in both comparisons, whereas the Oran-miscellaneous Algerian pair is only significantly different at p<0.05 level. A detailed inspection of their haplogroup profiles compared to those of surrounding populations (Supplementary Table S2) shows that Mozabites present a high excess of U3 and U6a1′2′3 haplotypes whereas the miscellaneous sample lacks HV0 representatives and has an outstanding excess of J/J1c/J2, L3e5 and L2a1 lineages.

However, in spite of their apparent differences, the three Algerian samples are joined as a tight cluster in a PCA analysis based on haplogroup frequencies (data not shown), and for this reason they have been pooled together for large-area comparisons. In addition, Andalusians from Tunisia show closer affinities with Moroccans and Algerians than with Tunisians (Figure 2A). In comparison with other Mediterranean and west Asian samples, the H haplogroup subdivision in the Algerian sample shows a typical Maghreb population structure (Supplementary Table S4). Congruently, the most common western subgroups, H1 (47.8%) and H3 (10.1%), represent 60% of H lineages. Furthermore, the H1 frequency in Algeria is intermediate between that found in Morocco (51.6%) and Tunisia (29.4%), fitting the eastward-decreasing gradient previously observed for this subgroup

Of all North African populations, Eurasian lineages are the most frequent in Algeria (80%) while sub-Saharan Africa origin accounts for the remaining 20%. At least two Eurasian lineages, M1 and U6, had Paleolithic implantation and subsequent expansions in North Africa, reaching the Sahel and Sudan belts.

Regarding the sub-Saharan African component, Algeria (20%) is at the same level as Morocco (20.4%) and Egypt (22.9%) but significantly lower (p = 0.003) than Tunisia (30.1%) and marginally lower (p = 0.059) than Libya (27.1%). Aside from the widespread haplogroup L2a, the majority (14%) of Algerian L lineages (L1b, L2a1, L2b, L2c, L3b, L3d) are of West Africa origin. Those from Central Africa (L1c, L3e, L3f) account for an additional 5%, leaving around 1% for those of East African ancestry (L0, L3*, L4). It has been suggested that these lineages reached North Africa since Holocene times, when climatic amelioration permeated the Saharan desert. However the historical trans-Saharan slave trade promoted by the Arabs may have been mainly responsible for their present day incidence.

Within North Africa, the Algerian lowest genetic distance is observed for Tunisia (FST = 0.016) and the greatest for Egypt (0.026). Italy (FST = 0.032) and the Balkans (FST = 0.032) are the closest areas within the European peninsulas while France is the most distant European region (FST = 0.042). Finally, for the Middle East, the Levant (FST = 0.014) seems to be the most similar and the Arabian Peninsula (FST = 0.033) the most different. In fact, removing the pairwise comparison between Algeria and Arabia, the mean FST value for the Middle East drops considerably (FST = 0.018+0.001) rising the mean distance of Algeria from Europe significantly compared to that from the Middle East (p<0.01).

Algerian Y-chromosome profile

Results for the sub-typing of haplogroups E-M78 and R-M343 in the Iberian Peninsula and Northwest African countries including Algeria are presented in Figure 1. In general, data for E-M78 agree with the previous analysis [41]. Therefore, the Eurasian E-V13 is the most common sub-group in Iberia, although one North African E-V65 type has also been detected. On the African side, the lack of E-M78 representatives in a total sample of 189 males from the W. Saharan-Mauritanian area is notable. For the Maghreb countries, the fact that the number of males belonging to para-group E-M78* is the same as those included in the autochthonous E-V65 group also stands out.

For the R-M343 subdivision, the Iberian Peninsula reflects a genuine European profile [45] except for the presence of one Sahel R-V88 type. In contrast, all R-M343 detected in W. Saharan-Mauritanian belong to sub-group R-V88, reaching a frequency of 7%, similar to those observed in other Sahel samples [40]. In the Maghreb countries, the frequency of R-V88 drops to around 1%. On the other hand, the presence in this area of representatives of the European sub-groups R-M412, R-S116, R-U152 and R-M529 points to North-South maritime contacts across the Mediterranean.

(Table S6) --> http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0056775#pone.0056775.s006

Supplementary Table S6 presents frequencies of Y-chromosome haplogroups, as spread out as possible, for the same countries-areas as performed for the mtDNA analysis. Clearly, markers E-V65, E-M81 and J1-M267 confirm the geographic and ethnic identity of Algeria but, while E-M81 represents an autochthonous group that sharply decreases in Egypt, J1-M267 points to a Levantine influence. Haplogroups G-M201, L-M20, R2-M124, T-M70, J2-M172 and the majority of derived J2 sub-groups all reflect West Asian influences on Europe with only weak inputs on North Africa.

On their part, several European I sub-groups also extend to West Asia with minor gene flow to the African countries. Exceptions to this general pattern are the subgroups J2-M67 and R-M412 that have similar frequencies in Algeria as in Europe, and R2-M124 whose frequency in Egypt is not significantly different from the mean value of European and West Asian areas.

Within North Africa, the Maghreb region appears well differentiated from Egypt, which, reflecting its geographical position, is near to the Levant and the Arabian Peninsula. The most influential haplogroups in the first component separation are: E-M81, E-V65 and R-V88 that pull the North African countries together, and J-M172, R-M173, R-M17, R-M124 and R-L23 that pull West Asian countries in the opposite direction. In the second component, haplogroups R-L11, R-M529, R-U198, I-M223 and I-M26 are responsible for the spread of the European Mediterranean countries away from Egypt and Arabia, which in turn are pulled by J-M267, B-M60, E-V22 and E-M123.

(Table S8) --> http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0056775#pone.0056775.s008

Pairwise based FST distances between populations were calculated (Supplementary Table S8). The mean FST values comparing the Algerians with the other North African samples (0.061+0.015), with Europeans (0.197+0.019) and with West Asians (0.159+0.011) also reflects its geographic position. Within North Africa, its lowest distance is to W. Sahara-Mauritania (FST = 0.023) and the greatest to Libya (FST = 0.108). Italy (FST = 0.155) is the closest of the European peninsulas and Iberia the most distant (FST = 0.247), while for West Asia, the Levant (FST = 0.128) is the most similar area to Algeria and the Caucasus the most different (FST = 0.194).

More --> http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0056775

Sikeliot
02-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Pairwise based FST distances between populations were calculated (Supplementary Table S8). The mean FST values comparing the Algerians with the other North African samples (0.061+0.015), with Europeans (0.197+0.019) and with West Asians (0.159+0.011) also reflects its geographic position. Within North Africa, its lowest distance is to W. Sahara-Mauritania (FST = 0.023) and the greatest to Libya (FST = 0.108). Italy (FST = 0.155) is the closest of the European peninsulas and Iberia the most distant (FST = 0.247), while for West Asia, the Levant (FST = 0.128) is the most similar area to Algeria and the Caucasus the most different (FST = 0.194).

Get ready for a riot. The Italian users here base all of their faux trolling on Iberia on the basis they are close to North Africans.

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Get ready for a riot. The Italian users here base all of their faux trolling on Iberia on the basis they are close to North Africans.

Looks like we're going to have another war against the crusaders. Im ready
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs37/i/2008/262/2/1/Arab_warrior_by_naddist.jpg

Dani Cutie
02-02-2015, 03:57 PM
HAHHAHAHAHAHA
@Tiberio @Cristiano Viejo

Sikeliot
02-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Also for mtdna

Within North Africa, the Algerian lowest genetic distance is observed for Tunisia (FST = 0.016) and the greatest for Egypt (0.026). Italy (FST = 0.032) and the Balkans (FST = 0.032) are the closest areas within the European peninsulas while France is the most distant European region (FST = 0.042). Finally, for the Middle East, the Levant (FST = 0.014) seems to be the most similar and the Arabian Peninsula (FST = 0.033) the most different.

Dani Cutie
02-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Looks like we're going to have another war against the crusaders. Im ready
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs37/i/2008/262/2/1/Arab_warrior_by_naddist.jpg

@Nabatea1 joined in ISIS

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Also for mtdna

Within North Africa, the Algerian lowest genetic distance is observed for Tunisia (FST = 0.016) and the greatest for Egypt (0.026). Italy (FST = 0.032) and the Balkans (FST = 0.032) are the closest areas within the European peninsulas while France is the most distant European region (FST = 0.042). Finally, for the Middle East, the Levant (FST = 0.014) seems to be the most similar and the Arabian Peninsula (FST = 0.033) the most different.

I think im gonna create a new zombie outbreak with this study. Its going to be interesting.

Jerban
02-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks for sharing, I have some remarks.
It's funny they count only U6 and M1 as indigenous North African mt-DNA, even if we know that the most common ones are H and subclades, and they are pretty much old, they were found in Tafughalt (Taforalt) samples in northern Morocco (~12kya), U6 is quite low in Tafughalt samples and modern NA population, the highest percent found is in the Saharan region (Sahrawis, Mozabites) and Middle-High Atlas, same for the M1 the latter appears to be more concentrated in Egypt and Libya.
Also some L subclades enterred North African in very ancient time, with E carrier probably like L3k, while other enterred in Last plastocene like L3e, so technically L is not a Subsaharan influence, it was found in Pre-hispanic Ganaches. 14%.if I'm not wrong.
They talk about an unexcepted link between Arabized Berbers and Berbers, I have never understood this people lol. They are basically the same, Berbers are more endogamous though.
Tunisian are diverse some regions have more L, they used the samples from Cruciani I believe (~30% L and ~22%H), some regions have a different structure. Just look at the study About the Berbers (Jradou, Sened, Chenini and Douirete) they are very diverse for example Chenini don't have a lot of H I think less than 10% while they have a lot of T ~31%
Anyway I believe they should test more ethnic groups in the Maghreb.
Cheering my Palestinian friend.

Jerban
02-02-2015, 04:05 PM

Tunisia and Algeria are closer to Italy, while Moroccans appear more linked to Iberians, I believe It's due to the high H.

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanks for sharing, I have some remarks.
It's funny they count only U6 and M1 as indigenous North African mt-DNA, even if we know that the most common ones are H and subclades, and they are pretty much old, they were found in Tafughalt (Taforalt) samples in northern Morocco (~12kya), U6 is quite low in Tafughalt samples and modern NA population, the highest percent found is in the Saharan region (Sahrawis, Mozabites) and Middle-High Atlas, same for the M1 the latter appears to be more concentrated in Egypt and Libya.
Also some L subclades enterred North African in very ancient time, with E carrier probably like L3k, while other enterred in Last plastocene like L3e, so technically L is not a Subsaharan influence, it was found in Pre-hispanic Ganaches. 14%.if I'm not wrong.
They talk about an unexcepted link between Arabized Berbers and Berbers, I have never understood this people lol. They are basically the same, Berbers are more endogamous though.
Tunisian are diverse some regions have more L, they used the samples from Cruciani I believe (~30% L and ~22%H), some regions have a different structure. Just look at the study About the Berbers (Jradou, Sened, Chenini and Douirete) they are very diverse for example Chenini don't have a lot of H I think less than 10% while they have a lot of T ~31%
Anyway I believe they should test more ethnic groups in the Maghreb.
Cheering my Palestinian friend.

Its better to read the full study that i have provided at the end of my post. Thanks for the feedback :)

Sikeliot
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Tunisia and Algeria are closer to Italy, while Moroccans appear more linked to Iberians, I believe It's due to the high H.

I know. Also Moroccans have more actual Iberian ancestry from the Reconquista.

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Here's more genetic studies about NAs and Levantines that might be of interest to you:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?155664-Genetic-study-on-North-Africans
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?158302-Sousse-extreme-genetic-heterogeneity-in-North-Africa
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?156094-Genome-Wide-Diversity-in-the-Levant-Reveals-Recent-Structuring-by-Culture

Jerban
02-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Here's more genetic studies about NAs and Levantines that might be of interest to you:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?155664-Genetic-study-on-North-Africans
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?158302-Sousse-extreme-genetic-heterogeneity-in-North-Africa
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?156094-Genome-Wide-Diversity-in-the-Levant-Reveals-Recent-Structuring-by-Culture

Thank you, I'm going to read all of them.

Probably. And even older. E-M81 is very old in Iberia which suggests an ancient link.

Yuffayur
02-02-2015, 06:30 PM
I know this study, I don't know if you know it but Algeria is very very diverse, they tested Oran, be sure that if they test Tlemcen or Maascara the results will be different.
http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/musique/img/3094_carte-algerie.gif

Just compare the Mt-dna diversity between Oran, the Mozabites and the mix.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figure/image?size=large&id=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0056775.t001

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 07:53 PM
I know this study, I don't know if you know it but Algeria is very very diverse, they tested Oran, be sure that if they test Tlemcen or Maascara the results will be different.
http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/musique/img/3094_carte-algerie.gif

Just compare the Mt-dna diversity between Oran, the Mozabites and the mix.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figure/image?size=large&id=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0056775.t001

I know that Algeria is diverse and etc, i have been to that nation twice though only in Algiers and Constantine. I hope they would make a study including all of the regions in the country. Anyway, whats your opinion about the people of Oran so far?

Yuffayur
02-02-2015, 08:49 PM
I know that Algeria is diverse and etc, i have been to that nation twice though only in Algiers and Constantine. I hope they would make a study including all of the regions in the country. Anyway, whats your opinion about the people of Oran so far?

I don't know them very much, the ones I know are cool and good people btw they're nervous lol. They love Rai, and have a Moroccan shifted culture, (there is two cultural stocks in Morocco, North-West/South-East, Algeria have 4 East "Constantine", Central"Algiers", West "Oran" and South.)

Kamal900
02-02-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't know them very much, the ones I know are cool and good people btw they're nervous lol. They love Rai, and have a Moroccan shifted culture, (there is two cultural stocks in Morocco, North-West/South-East, Algeria have 4 East "Constantine", Central"Algiers", West "Oran" and South.)

In the genetic point of view, how do you see the people of Algeria and Tunisia? Do you think the study here provided the overall picture of Algeria or is there more to the country than that?

oblivion
02-02-2015, 11:40 PM
What about Libyans? Are Libyans considered berber? Are they similar in haplogroups? I feel like Libyans are different ethnically no?

Jerban
02-03-2015, 09:35 AM
What about Libyans? Are Libyans considered berber? Are they similar in haplogroups? I feel like Libyans are different ethnically no?

Western Libya (Tripolitania) is pred Berber, they cluster with Central-Southeastern Tunisia, while Eastern Libya is unique, but as a group they're between Deltans and West Libyans.

Yuffayur
02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
In the genetic point of view, how do you see the people of Algeria and Tunisia? Do you think the study here provided the overall picture of Algeria or is there more to the country than that?

I don't think that Oran and Sousse are rappresentative of Algeria and Tunisia, but rather for their own cities. I have a seen a study in Netherlands they tested more than 20 location in NL, so that study would be accurate, I believe they should use more regional samples. Btw this study is rappresentative of Oran.

Yuffayur
02-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Western Libya (Tripolitania) is pred Berber, they cluster with Central-Southeastern Tunisia, while Eastern Libya is unique, but as a group they're between Deltans and West Libyans.

Agree Tripolitania is mostly E-M81, Cyrene is more E-V65 and E-M81 with some V22/V13 and Deltans are more V22.

Gaita
02-04-2015, 11:06 AM

Hmmm... Interesting :D

Yuffayur
02-04-2015, 02:16 PM

It's about haplogroups, Italians especially the south have a lot of E and J which puts them closer to Levant.

Hubal
02-04-2015, 05:50 PM
We need more studies like this, NA is huge.

Ventoforte
02-04-2015, 09:05 PM
If you are interested in genetic papers about North Africa you will definitely be interested in this autosomal DNA based paper: http://www.pnas.org/content/110/29/11791.full

Concluding that

A gradient of shared IBD segments is observed from southern to northern Europe. This sharing is highest in the Iberian Peninsula for both North Africa and Sub-Saharan African IBD segments.

Gaita
02-04-2015, 10:58 PM
If you are interested in genetic papers about North Africa you will definitely be interested in this autosomal DNA based paper: http://www.pnas.org/content/110/29/11791.full

Concluding that

Must be pretty insignificant if you guys still plot closer to North Africans.... :D

Cristiano viejo
02-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Must be pretty insignificant if you guys still plot closer to North Africans.... :D

;)

Ventoforte
02-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Er... nope. As Yuffayur has already explained to you, the study you and your friends are getting a hard-on is about y-dna/Mt dna haplogroups which as everybody knows it's pretty much useless in establishing genetic relationships between peoples. Shared IBD segments however, they're another story... :)

Gaita
02-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Er... nope. As Yuffayur has already explained to you, the study you and your friends are getting a hard-on is about y-dna/Mt dna haplogroups which as everybody knows it's pretty much useless in establishing genetic relationships between peoples. Shared IBD segments however, they're another story... :)

Hmm... So why is it that you guys plot closer to MENAs? :noidea:

Dani Cutie
02-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Hmm... So why is it that you guys plot closer to MENAs? :noidea:

They are MENITALIANS

Gaita
02-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Ohh I know, here let me show you.... Basically the reason why Italians plot closer to MENAs is because Italians share more IBDs with near easterners (Qatar) 0.20 for you guys versus 0.14 for us, than Iberians share with North Africans. 0.9 for us versus 0.7 for you. So you guys share 0.06 more IBDs with Near Easterners than us, and we share about 0.02 more than you with North Africans. :)

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/galizacelta78/Mobile%20Uploads/A6A7B9F1-8E9D-409D-808A-AEE8885AA809_zpswp1bwokf.png (http://s868.photobucket.com/user/galizacelta78/media/Mobile%20Uploads/A6A7B9F1-8E9D-409D-808A-AEE8885AA809_zpswp1bwokf.png.html)

Gaita
02-05-2015, 12:57 PM
So in conclusion, Iberians share more IBDs with North Africans... Yes
Italians more IBDs with Near Easterners.... Yes

Ulla
02-05-2015, 01:47 PM
So in conclusion, Iberians share more IBDs with North Africans... Yes
Italians more IBDs with Near Easterners.... Yes

Agree, considering that even people from Austria, Sweden, Poland, Finland and Scotland share IBDs with North Africans and Near Easterners.

Ventoforte
02-05-2015, 07:43 PM
They are MENITALIANS

Agree, considering that even people from Austria, Sweden, Poland, Finland and Scotland share IBDs with North Africans and Near Easterners.
Yeah I don't see why some IBERBERS are so upset by it.

Dani Cutie
02-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Yeah I don't see why some IBERBERS are so upset by it.

Alos by this :)

http://i.imgur.com/StBUQuU.jpg

Ventoforte
02-05-2015, 07:51 PM
:picard2: I see. The famous homemade maps of Terron Romanorum. Pity that all that Euro admix and you still end up looking like Gaita. ;)

Ulla
02-05-2015, 09:04 PM
:picard2: I see. The famous homemade maps of Terron Romanorum. Pity that all that Euro admix and you still end up looking like Gaita. ;)

Peraltro sbagliata nei dati sull'Italia.

Ventoforte
02-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Peraltro sbagliata nei dati sull'Italia.
Ma che sbagliata, è proprio in mala fede e fatta da due sfigati in uno scantinato. Lascio sto thread perché il mio disprezzo nei confronti di sti umanoidi può solo aumentare e io sono uomo di pace. :cool:

Gaita
02-06-2015, 10:10 AM

What? :lol:, let's see, what do I look like to you? :D

This is going to be fun....

Blood C
02-06-2015, 10:38 AM
LoL

You can't even read. These are not the shared IBDs, but the estimates of ancestries using RFMix. LoL

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab245/galizacelta78/Mobile%20Uploads/A6A7B9F1-8E9D-409D-808A-AEE8885AA809_zpswp1bwokf.png

Iberians are the only Europeans with real North African and Sub Saharan ancestries, which make them quite the outliers in the European genetic landscape.

"L. Botigue et al.2013

Southwestern European populations, and in particular the Canary Islands, show the highest levels of IBD sharing with northwestern African populations (i.e., the Maghreb: Morocco, Western Sahara, Algeria, and Tunisia), whereas southeastern European populations share more IBD segments with Egypt and the Near East (SI Appendix, Fig. S7). Whereas inferred IBD sharing does not indicate directionality, the North African samples that have highest IBD sharing with Iberian populations also tend to have the lowest proportion of the European cluster in ADMIXTURE (Fig. 1), e.g., Saharawi, Tunisian Berbers, and South Moroccans. For example, the Andalucians share many IBD segments with the Tunisians (Fig. 3), who present extremely minimal levels of European ancestry. This suggests that gene flow occurred from Africa to Europe rather than the other way around."

By the way this analysis have some problems. Real Southerners are obviously overepresented in the Italian POPRES database. S.Italians make about 20% of Italian population, but in the POPRES they make almost half of the samples. Sardinians make less than 1% of Italian population, but they make about 5-6% of the samples. Also the Italian Swiss are clearly mixed and not representative. At least 2 of them appear to be half Jewish.

Read the supplementary data.

http://www.pnas.org/content/suppl/2013/05/30/1306223110.DCSupplemental/sapp.pdf

Blood C
02-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Alos by this :)

http://i.imgur.com/StBUQuU.jpg

Clearly outdated map.

There is no European admixture. ALL EUROPEANS have 3 types of admixtures: Early Neolitich, North Asian and Western Hunther Gatherers. Iberians have more of WHG from La Brana swarthoids because of their geographic position, which make them look more "European".

They also have a lot of SSA.

http://i.imgur.com/gT5uDqJ.png

Unfortunately there are no Portuguese samples yet.

Gaston
02-06-2015, 11:00 AM

This doesn't seem to be the case because there is 0% ANE in Morocco too. It's quite clear now historical European influence in Northwest Africa has been absorbed without leaving anything but a few uniparental lineages like some y-dna R1b.

Berbers are a bit like Sardinians in a West Eurasian context together with some rare bedouins: they are the last populations remained untouched by post-neolithic pan-Eurasian expansions.

Blood C
02-06-2015, 11:14 AM
^^

ADMIXTURE

Orance at k=6 is North African.

http://i.imgur.com/J81xZgv.png

Only Greeks and Cypriots have recent West Asian admixture in Europe, not Italians.

http://i.imgur.com/YQsnVGf.png

Most Northern and Central Italians share many IBDs with French and Brits. From Coop et al 2012.

http://i.imgur.com/PmiqF8C.png

Gaita
02-06-2015, 11:32 AM
^^

ADMIXTURE

Orance at k=6 is North African.

http://i.imgur.com/J81xZgv.png

Only Greeks and Cypriots have recent West Asian admixture in Europe, not Italians.

http://i.imgur.com/YQsnVGf.png

Most Northern and Central Italians share many IBDs with French and Brits. From Coop et al 2012.

http://i.imgur.com/PmiqF8C.png

Right, so basically what I said, Iberians share more with North Africans and Italians more with Arabs

Blood C
02-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Right, so basically what I said, Iberians share more with North Africans and Italians more with Arabs

1. Italians don't share with North Africans at all, while Iberians and all Europeans share a little bit with Arabs.

2. Italians share more recent admixture (IBD) with North Europeans than Iberians, who on the other hand have more ancient Euro stuff from La Brana swarthoids.

Gaita
02-06-2015, 12:09 PM
1. Italians don't share with North Africans at all, while Iberians and all Europeans share a little bit with Arabs.

2. Italians share more recent admixture (IBD) with North Europeans than Iberians, who on the other hand have more ancient Euro stuff from La Brana swarthoids.

Lol....it's La Braña btw... Swarthoids, yes very scientific indeed

Btw we share less w/ NAs than you do with Arabs otherwise you wouldn't be plotting where you do

Blood C
02-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Lol....it's La Braña btw... Swarthoids, yes very scientific indeed

Btw we share less w/ NAs than you do with Neolitich Farmers, due to your geographic position, otherwise you wouldn't be plotting where you do

FIXED.

Cristiano viejo
02-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Iberians are the only Europeans with real North African and Sub Saharan ancestries
You dream, Terroni. There was a study according to which the Italians score 9% negro blood. No comments about your North African input, undeniable in Southern Terroni and Sicilians.

Kamal900
02-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Oh my lord, Sikeliot was right that it would create a riot and it did. People, focus on the study not about how much Arab/NA the iberians and italians have. Stick to the thread please.

Damião de Góis
02-06-2015, 06:21 PM
"La Braña swarthoids"... where have i read that before?

Oh right. So Blood C is Joseph Capelli. Who is Ventoforte?

Yuffayur
02-06-2015, 06:31 PM
This doesn't seem to be the case because there is 0% ANE in Morocco too. It's quite clear now historical European influence in Northwest Africa has been absorbed without leaving anything but a few uniparental lineages like some y-dna R1b.

Or maybe the European influence is less than what we used to think. since the ANE is inexistant, also the WHG appears to be indigenous in NA.

Berbers are a bit like Sardinians in a West Eurasian context together with some rare bedouins: they are the last populations remained untouched by post-neolithic pan-Eurasian expansions.

Pure people stronk lol.

Yuffayur
02-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Oh my lord, Sikeliot was right that it would create a riot and it did. People, focus on the study not about how much Arab/NA the iberians and italians have. Stick to the thread please.

It's like having MENA, makes them feeling bad .

Kamal900
02-06-2015, 06:38 PM

In a way, its funny to see their reactions about that, lol. I also have a genetic study which came out in 2013 might offend a lot of people here.

Yuffayur
02-06-2015, 06:44 PM
In a way, its funny to see their reactions about that, lol. I also have a genetic study which came out in 2013 might offend a lot of people here.

Lol they have our subhuman genetics xD post it or give me the name I want to see the reactions.

Cristiano viejo
02-06-2015, 09:06 PM
"La Braña swarthoids"... where have i read that before?

Oh right. So Blood C is Joseph Capelli. Who is Ventoforte?

Yes, is my Terroni. Sikeliot radar seems to be broken :lol:

Gaston
02-06-2015, 10:52 PM

Normal, the MENA region(s) is weak, intellectually backward and not attractive nowadays so nobody wants to be associated with MENAs. Europe (and its offshots) on the other hand dominates the world and is the center of everybody's attention.

Yuffayur
02-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Normal, the MENA region(s) is weak, intellectually backward and not attractive nowadays so nobody wants to be associated with MENAs.

Thanks for the precision.

Europe (and its offshots) on the other hand dominates the world and is the center of everybody's attention.

It's rather Murica, Anglosaxon countries and NW Europe, not Europe and offshots.

I don't know why countries such, Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ukraine, Poland ... would be considered as the center of the world.

East Asian countries like Japan and South Korea can be attractive too.

Cristiano viejo
02-07-2015, 12:00 PM
It's rather Murica, Anglosaxon countries and NW Europe, not Europe and offshots.

I don't know why countries such, Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ukraine, Poland ... would be considered as the center of the world.

That "I dont know" is the reason why people dont want to be associated with people like you (among other things).

Yuffayur
02-07-2015, 12:18 PM
That "I dont know" is the reason why people dont want to be associated with people like you (among other things).

The "I don't know" is a reality, that some people don't see and don't want to see, I don't want people to be associated with me (us) everyone should associate with itself.

Anyway the center of the modern world is Murica, Anglosaxon countries and NW Europe.

Cristiano viejo
02-07-2015, 04:01 PM
The "I don't know" is a reality, that some people don't see and don't want to see, I don't want people to be associated with me (us) everyone should associate with itself.

Anyway the center of the modern world is Murica, Anglosaxon countries and NW Europe.
Thats bullshit. For start, countries like Spain and Italy are economically strongest than most of countries in the world, and macroeconomically speaking strongest than most of countries of Europe (only after UK -three countries together-, Germany, France and Russia).
Spain is the eighth country in the world with a greater presence of multinational companies. Not bad for such small country.
I would wish all these immigrants we have in Spain (Anglosaxons included) think same than you and they emigrate out of here.
What about Russia, China or Japan? :rolleyes: they laugh about your center of the modern world.

Yuffayur
02-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Thats bullshit. For start, countries like Spain and Italy are economically strongest than most of countries in the world, and macroeconomically speaking strongest than most of countries of Europe (only after UK -three countries together-, Germany, France and Russia).
Spain is the eighth country in the world with a greater presence of multinational companies. Not bad for such small country.
I would wish all these immigrants we have in Spain (Anglosaxons included) think same than you and they emigrate out of here.
What about Russia, China or Japan? :rolleyes: they laugh about your center of the modern world.

I know that Spain and Italy have a large GDP, India have a larger one so India is better than them ?? Surely No.
A large GDP don't make you stronger or better, actually Benelux have a lower GDP compared with Spain and Italy, but in term of life quality, they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better ;)

Cristiano viejo
02-12-2015, 09:15 PM
I
A large GDP don't make you stronger or better, actually Benelux have a lower GDP compared with Spain and Italy, but in term of life quality, they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better ;)
Good joke.

Yuffayur
02-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Good joke.

Where to be born Index.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index

Rank Country or territory Score
(out of 10)
1 Switzerland 8.22
2 Australia 8.12
3 Norway 8.09
4 Sweden 8.02
5 Denmark 8.01
6 Singapore 8.00
7 New Zealand 7.95
8 Netherlands 7.94
9 Canada 7.81
10 Hong Kong 7.80
11 Finland 7.76
12 Ireland 7.74
13 Austria 7.73
14 Taiwan 7.67
15 Belgium 7.51
16 Germany 7.38
16 United States 7.38
18 United Arab Emirates 7.33
19 South Korea 7.25
20 Israel 7.23
21 Italy 7.21
22 Kuwait 7.18
23 Chile 7.10
23 Cyprus 7.10
25 Japan 7.08
26 France 7.04
27 Great Britain 7.01
28 Czech Republic 6.96
28 Spain 6.96
30 Costa Rica 6.92
30 Portugal 6.92

HDI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Rank Country HDI
2014 estimates for 2013
[1] Change in rank from previous year[1] 2014 estimates for 2013
[1] Change from previous year
[1]
1 Steady Norway 0.944 Increase 0.001
2 Steady Australia 0.933 Increase 0.002
3 Steady Switzerland 0.917 Increase 0.001
4 Steady Netherlands 0.915 Steady
5 Steady United States 0.914 Increase 0.002
6 Steady Germany 0.911 Steady
7 Steady New Zealand 0.910 Increase 0.002
8 Steady Canada 0.902 Increase 0.001
9 Increase (3) Singapore 0.901 Increase 0.003
10 Steady Denmark 0.900 Steady
11 Decrease (3) Ireland 0.899 Decrease 0.002
12 Decrease (1) Sweden 0.898 Increase 0.001
13 Steady Iceland 0.895 Increase 0.002
14 Steady United Kingdom 0.892 Increase 0.002
15 Steady Hong Kong 0.891 Increase 0.002
15 Increase (1) Korea, South 0.891 Increase 0.003
17 Decrease (1) Japan 0.890 Increase 0.002
18 Decrease (2) Liechtenstein 0.889 Increase 0.001
19 Steady Israel 0.888 Increase 0.002
20 Steady France 0.884 Steady
21 Steady Austria 0.881 Increase 0.001
21 Steady Belgium 0.881 Increase 0.001
21 Steady Luxembourg 0.881 Increase 0.001
24 Steady Finland 0.879 Steady
25 Steady Slovenia 0.874 Steady
26 Steady Italy 0.872 Steady
27 Steady Spain 0.869 Steady
28 Steady Czech Republic 0.861 Steady
29 Steady Greece 0.853 Decrease 0.001
30 Steady Brunei Darussalam 0.852 Steady
31 Steady Qatar 0.851 Increase 0.001
32 Steady Cyprus 0.845 Decrease 0.003
33 Steady Estonia 0.840 Increase 0.001
34 Steady Saudi Arabia 0.836 Increase 0.003
35 Increase (1) Lithuania 0.834 Increase 0.003

Satisfaction with Life Index
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_with_Life_Index

Rank Country SWL Rank Country SWL
1 Denmark 273.33
2 Switzerland 273.33
3 Austria 260
4 Iceland 260
5 The Bahamas 256.67
6 Finland 256.67
7 Sweden 256.67
8 Bhutan 253.33
9 Brunei 253.33
10 Canada 253.33
11 Ireland 253.33
12 Luxembourg 253.33
13 Costa Rica 250
14 Malta 250
15 Netherlands 250
16 Antigua and Barbuda 246.67
17 Malaysia 246.67
18 New Zealand 246.67
19 Norway 246.67
20 Seychelles 246.67
21 Saint Kitts and Nevis 246.67
22 United Arab Emirates 246.67
23 United States 246.67
24 Vanuatu 246.67
25 Venezuela 246.67
26 Australia 243.33
27 Barbados 243.33
28 Belgium 243.33
29 Dominica 243.33
30 Oman 243.33
31 Saudi Arabia 243.33
32 Suriname 243.33
33 Bahrain 240
34 Colombia 240
35 Germany 240
36 Guyana 240
37 Honduras 240
38 Kuwait 240
39 Panama 240
40 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 240
41 United Kingdom 236.67
42 Dominican Republic 233.33
43 Guatemala 233.33
44 Jamaica 233.33
45 Qatar 233.33
46 Spain 233.33
47 Saint Lucia 233.33
48 Belize 230
49 Cyprus 230
50 Italy 230
51 Mexico 230
52 Samoa 230
53 Singapore 230
54 Solomon Islands 230
55 Trinidad and Tobago 230
56 Argentina 226.67
57 Fiji 223.33
58 Israel 223.33
59 Mongolia 223.33
60 São Tomé and Príncipe 223.33
61 El Salvador 220
62 France 220
63 Hong Kong 220
64 Indonesia 220
65 Kyrgyzstan 220
66 Maldives 220
67 Slovenia 220
68 Taiwan 220
69 East Timor 220
70 Tonga 220
71 Chile 216.67
72 Grenada 216.67
73 Mauritius 216.67
74 Namibia 216.67
75 Paraguay 216.67
76 Thailand 216.67
77 Czech Republic 213.33
78 Philippines 213.33
79 Tunisia 213.33
80 Uzbekistan 213.33
81 Brazil 210
82 China 210
83 Cuba 210
84 Greece 210
85 Nicaragua 210
86 Papua New Guinea 210
87 Uruguay 210
88 Gabon 206.67
89 Ghana 206.67
90 Japan 206.67
91 Yemen 206.67
92 Portugal 203.3

World Happiness Report

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report

Rank Country Happiness Change in happiness
from 2005-07
1 Denmark 7.693 Decrease -0.233
2 Norway 7.655 Increase 0.263
3 Switzerland 7.650 Increase 0.303
4 Netherlands 7.512 Increase 0.054
5 Sweden 7.480 Increase 0.171
6 Canada 7.477 Increase 0.032
7 Finland 7.389 Decrease -0.283
8 Austria 7.369 Increase 0.247
9 Iceland 7.355 N/A
10 Australia 7.350 Increase 0.040
11 Israel 7.301 Increase 0.293
12 Costa Rica 7.257 Steady 0.000
13 New Zealand 7.221 Decrease -0.210
14 United Arab Emirates 7.144 Increase 0.410
15 Panama 7.143 Increase 0.633
16 Mexico 7.088 Increase 0.535
17 United States 7.082 Decrease -0.283
18 Ireland 7.076 Decrease -0.068
19 Luxembourg 7.054 N/A
20 Venezuela 7.039 Increase 0.192
21 Belgium 6.967 Decrease -0.274
22 United Kingdom 6.883 Decrease -0.003
23 Oman 6.853 N/A
24 Brazil 6.849 Increase 0.371
25 France 6.764 Decrease -0.049
26 Germany 6.672 Increase 0.163
27 Qatar 6.666 N/A
28 Chile 6.587 Increase 0.708
29 Argentina 6.562 Increase 0.369
30 Singapore 6.546 Decrease -0.094
31 Trinidad and Tobago 6.519 Increase 0.687
32 Kuwait 6.515 Increase 0.440
33 Saudi Arabia 6.480 Decrease -0.692
34 Cyprus 6.466 Increase 0.228
35 Colombia 6.416 Increase 0.334
36 Thailand 6.371 Increase 0.527
37 Uruguay 6.355 Increase 0.615
38 Spain 6.322 Decrease -0.750
39 Czech Republic 6.290 Decrease -0.180
40 Suriname 6.269 N/A
41 South Korea 6.267 Increase 0.728
42 Taiwan 6.221 Increase 0.032
43 Japan 6.064 Decrease -0.303
44 Slovenia 6.060 Increase 0.249
45 Italy 6.021 Decrease -0.691
46 Slovakia 5.969 Increase 0.705
47 Guatemala 5.965 Decrease -0.148
48 Malta 5.964 N/A
49 Ecuador 5.865 Increase 0.855
50 Bolivia 5.857 Increase 0.357
51 Poland 5.822 Increase 0.085
52 El Salvador 5.809 Increase 0.313
53 Moldova 5.791 Increase 0.852
54 Paraguay 5.779 Increase 0.777
55 Peru 5.776 Increase 0.763
56 Malaysia 5.760 Decrease -0.377
57 Kazakhstan 5.671 Increase 0.074
58 Croatia 5.661 Decrease -0.160
59 Turkmenistan 5.628 N/A
60 Uzbekistan 5.623 Increase 0.390
61 Angola 5.589 Increase 1.438
62 Albania 5.550 Increase 0.915
63 Vietnam 5.533 Increase 0.173
64 Hong Kong 5.523 Increase 0.012
65 Nicaragua 5.507 Increase 0.800
66 Belarus 5.504 Decrease -0.133
67 Mauritius 5.477 N/A
68 Russia 5.464 Increase 0.346
69 North Cyprus 5.463 N/A
70 Greece 5.435 Decrease -0.891
71 Lithuania 5.426 Decrease -0.456
72 Estonia 5.426 Increase 0.074
73 Algeria 5.422 N/A
74 Jordan 5.414 Decrease -0.528
75 Jamaica 5.374 Decrease -0.833
76 Indonesia 5.348 Increase 0.329
77 Turkey 5.344 Increase 0.171
78 Libya 5.340 N/A
79 Bahrain 5.312 N/A
80 Montenegro 5.299 Increase 0.103
81 Pakistan 5.292 Decrease -0.214
82 Nigeria 5.248 Increase 0.448
83 Kosovo 5.222 Increase 0.118
84 Honduras 5.142 Decrease -0.103
85 Portugal 5.101 Decrease -0.305

Cristiano viejo
02-12-2015, 09:51 PM
BLABLABLA Buthan above Spain? Singapur?
again: GOOOOD JOKE.

Yuffayur
02-12-2015, 09:57 PM
BLABLABLA Buthan above Spain? Singapur?
again: GOOOOD JOKE.

Yes, these ranking were done by professional people :3

Cristiano viejo
02-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Yes, these ranking were done by professional people :3
hehehe yes.
Now seriously, why do you think hundreds of thousands of Scandos, Germans and British come to live to Spain? just because the sun? then they would go to Morocco or Brazil. It is because our quality of life, our health care system (one of the best of the world) etc
We have 5 millions of immigrants, not all countries can "presume" of this :rolleyes:

Yuffayur
02-13-2015, 05:06 PM
hehehe yes.
Now seriously, why do you think hundreds of thousands of Scandos, Germans and British come to live to Spain? just because the sun? then they would go to Morocco or Brazil.

We have hundreds of thousands of French, Americans, Iberians and Italians.

it is because our quality of life, our health care system (one of the best of the world) etc

Are you saying that Spain have a better life's quality than Scandinavian countries, Germany and UK ??
Check the ranking above.

We have 5 millions of immigrants, not all countries can "presume" of this :rolleyes:

So what ?Qatar has 75% of immigrants.

Kamal900
02-13-2015, 07:20 PM

UAE population is 87 percent expatriates, and Oman is around 57 percent.

Yuffayur
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
UAE population is 87 percent expatriates, and Oman is around 57 percent.

I wasn't sure about the nuber for UAE, I was going to say 80% but 87% is even higher, which mean that up on 10 emiratis citizen 9 are foreigner.
Also KSA have a large number of foreigner, I think 10M, and Libya before the freedom and democracy :rolleyes:

Cristiano viejo
02-14-2015, 01:52 PM
We have hundreds of thousands of French, Americans, Iberians and Italians.
Not the same, these people dont go to Morocco because its quality of life but for working in international multicompanies in most of the cases. And they will go back their countries in a short-term.

Are you saying that Spain have a better life's quality than Scandinavian countries, Germany and UK ??
Check the ranking above.
Yes, it is excatly what I am saying.

Same than with Morocco. People there go because they work for international multicompanies and return their countries quickly.