PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on ************?

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 03:49 PM
What do people here think of the ''pan-med'' ************? I think it is quite an unlikely cultural mix that they claim to represent. They have among the listed countries there all the South European countries, all the''MENA'' countries and even some East African ones like Sudan and Ethiopia! What kind of supposedly coherent cultural grouping is that? There are no common cultural, ethnic, racial, historical or even geographic ties between Greece, let alone Croatia, and Somalia or even Egypt or Palestine. Ok, we get Christianity from the Near East and civilization started there and in ancient Egypt too and these early civilizations also influence ancient Greco-Roman ones. But even ancient Greeks and Romans would have face palmed at such a incoherent hodge podge of ''related and similar cultures and peoples''. I think alfieb just included all the peoples and countries he doesn't hate and who are not too light pigmented.:rolleyes:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Quite frankly, I think they suck.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 03:51 PM
[And every major ethnic group from Portugal to the Caucasus has their own section on ************, so it's not cherry-picked. Serbs, FYR Macedonians, even the French, whom my love for is legendary...]

Dandelion
02-07-2015, 03:53 PM
He should have included Finland in his 'Other' section. While not meds (hence the 'Other' section for them), alfieb and Finns go back a while and they still potentially have this typically symbiotic relationship.

I have checked ************ once and that was when I read about 'alfieb having a forum' so I had to take a look. It can be interpreted as a saner version of Skadi I guess, but instead of Germanic Mediterranean. Emphasis on 'saner'.

Iltirbas
Can't be arsed to go through the registration process just to be able to browse the forum and see the content of the threads on there.

TheForeigner
[And every major ethnic group from Portugal to the Caucasus has their own section on ************, so it's not cherry-picked. Serbs, FYR Macedonians, even the French, whom my love for is legendary...]

Why do you have African and Middle Eastern countries too? And many would argue that even Euro-Med countries don't form a cultural cluster.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Why do you have African and Middle Eastern countries too? And many would argue that even Euro-Med countries don't form a cultural cluster.

Clustering was done based on geography, not culture.

And whether a country is part of the Middle East or not is irrelevant. Unlike Apricity, Forum ******* does not nor has ever professed to give even the remotest of fucks about being a European Cultural Community. Syrians are just as welcome as Spaniards. There were Roman Emperors from both of those countries.

And the Horn of Africa has been in constant contact with the Mediterranean for thousands of years, back to the days of the writing of the Jewish Bible, with the Queen of Sheba and all of that nonsense. Nubian dynasties ruling over Egypt, etc. etc.

They're not considered Mediterranean, obviously... although some moronic scientists 100 years ago claimed they were Caucasoids. I just gave them their own separate section since we had a few Horners and I figured what the hell.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't think the Mediterranean is a cultural continuum, like Europe is. I think even Sicilians have more in common with Germans, than with Egyptians or Syrians.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:02 PM
And how come you don't like the French alfieb? Is that an Italian thing, an American thing or both?

Linebacker
02-07-2015, 04:03 PM
It would have been better if there weren't so many apricity members there.

I made an account to get away from the low level IQ-destroying content of apricity and discuss with new and mentally fresh people but it turned out to bite me in the ass.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't think the Mediterranean is a cultural continuum, like Europe is. I think even Sicilians have more in common with Germans, than with Egyptians or Syrians.

Hahahahaha

Europe is a cultural continuum. Yeah, Icelandics and Cypriots have tons in common. They use the same alphabet, they like the same music, eat the same food, belong to the same churches, not to mention all of the historical ties between them...

I like German music and food, but anything beyond Germany is completely and totally alien to me, whether you're talking North of Germany or East of Germany. There be Barbarians who had no contact with Rome.

Well, you're an Apricity member so doesn't that make you part of the problem?

I believe in protecting the privacy of members first and foremost, so you won't find threads or posts from FN on google.

Which eliminates the main source of getting new members, and means we get our members primarily via word of mouth, and since our members come from TA and ABF, well, that's where they're going to come from. That or friends of people from TA or ABF.

Highlands
02-07-2015, 04:08 PM
I love it there. I can be my woggy self:D

Highlands
02-07-2015, 04:11 PM

I made an account to get away from the low level IQ-destroying content of apricity and discuss with new and mentally fresh people but it turned out to bite me in the ass.

That was so funny when you were like "hold up" haha best reaction to a welcome thread.

Dandelion
02-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Now I have no wish of joining the forum, but what about Germanic parts that have had contact with Roma. The Roman Empire at its peak also controlled of what is now all of Belgium and the Southern Netherlands. Of course, we were at the fringe of the Roman Empire, but they still left their tracks to this day (like Roman roads and Roman coins).

The local population also mixed with the Roman soldiers from 100 AD and on and the local aristocracy gained citizen rights around that time. From 260 AD the Salian Franks started invading, though.

By the way, as of today, the largest immigrant group in Belgian are the Italians. Most live throughout Wallonia and Limburg. ;)

TheBlondeSalad
02-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Honestly, what the OP says makes sense :thumb001:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:13 PM
That was so funny when you were like "hold up" haha best reaction to a welcome thread.
That was pretty damn funny.

You could see it oozing from him. Oh, fuck. I regret joining here already. All of you bastards are from that other forum I joined here to get away from.

Honestly, what the OP says makes sense :thumb001:

So don't post there. Oh wait, you don't. You're a lurker with 0 posts.

Then by all means continue doing whatever it is that you do. :naughty:

Borna
02-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I found all attempt from Southern Europeans to create false pride in themselves and fight Nordicism laughable. That forum is one of things i am talking about.

Casandrinos
02-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Pan-med forum? Probably Americanized with Balkaners and MENA wanabees.

Ulla
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Now I have no wish of joining the forum, but what about Germanic parts that have had contact with Roma. The Roman Empire at its peak also controlled of what is now all of Belgium and the Southern Netherlands. Of course, we were at the fringe of the Roman Empire, but they still left their tracks to this day (like Roman roads and Roman coins).

The local population also mixed with the Roman soldiers from 100 AD and on and the local aristocracy gained citizen rights around that time. From 260 AD the Salian Franks started invading, though.

Modern-day Germany, Roman buildings

http://www.romantic-cities.com/uploads/tx_shfrgallery/profile_removed/20110804KaisTh28Gallery_01.jpg

http://viaggi.hdmagazine.it/wp-content/uploads/treviri_porta_nigra_1.jpg

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM
I found all attempt from Southern Europeans to create false pride in themselves and fight Nordicism laughable. That forum is one of things i am talking about.

FN has nothing whatsoever to do with Nordicism or anti-Nordicism. Half the people who founded the forum were Scandinavians. PowerPaw, Dombra, Mazik, etc.

Yup. It's definitely Medocentric, but not Med-supremacist.

But thanks for playing. Nice try.

Dandelion
02-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Afrocentrism for brown people? :) Well, about Forum ******* being 'saner' than Skadi. It doesn't have the racism going about it.

Ulla
02-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Pan-med forum? Probably Americanized with Balkaners and MENA wanabees.

:thumb001:

Linebacker
02-07-2015, 04:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/hhbIqBr.jpg

Dandelion
02-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Modern-day Germany, Roman buildings

http://www.romantic-cities.com/uploads/tx_shfrgallery/profile_removed/20110804KaisTh28Gallery_01.jpg

http://viaggi.hdmagazine.it/wp-content/uploads/treviri_porta_nigra_1.jpg

Trier is nice indeed. Visited it with school.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hhbIqBr.jpg

So bring your Bulgarian friends. We have a lot in common. I mean, I'm pretty sure we all agree that Fyrom would look better split between Bulgaria and Albania.

And we're all part of the great European cultural continuum that's existed for the last 10 minutes (but not for the last 20,000 years before that).

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Hahahahaha

Europe is a cultural continuum. Yeah, Icelandics and Cypriots have tons in common. They use the same alphabet, they like the same music, eat the same food, belong to the same churches, not to mention all of the historical ties between them...

Nearly all Europeans have a common Christian heritage and the basic foundations of European and New World civilizations are Christianity and classical Greco-Roman culture and civilization. They don't even use the Latin alphabet in Muslim countries, are mostly Muslim of course, many hate all non-Muslims and their history with Europeans has been mostly one of conflict in the last 1500 years or so. But even pre-Islamic Orientals fought Europeans. Remember the Greco-Persian wars? What about the Punic ones or how about how Greco-Roman heritage largely vanished entirely from all Near East, but still has relevance even in Iceland. Latin was not even spoken as a foreign language by Levantines. Greek was a lingua franca, but did not displace any language there like both Latin and Greek did in many European areas and indeed Asia Minor. There was even a British Romance language in Roman and early post-Roman times. Only a small population along the coast of North Africa, in some towns spoke Latin.

Casandrinos
02-07-2015, 04:25 PM
:thumb001:

I wonder what they discuss in this forum? About tanning sprays and how cool is to look guido?

Or its about bashing Finns all together. :icon_lol:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Nearly all Europeans have a common Christian heritage and the basic foundations of European and New World civilizations are Christianity and classical Greco-Roman culture and civilization. They don't even use the Latin alphabet in Muslim countries, are mostly Muslim of course, many hate all non-Muslims and their history with Europeans has been mostly one of conflict in the last 1500 years or so. But even pre-Islamic Orientals fought Europeans. Remember the Greco-Persian wars? What about the Punic ones or how about how Greco-Roman heritage largely vanished entirely from all Near East, but still has relevance even in Iceland. Latin was not even spoken as a foreign language by Levantines. Greek was a lingua franca, but did not displace any language there like both Latin and Greek did in many European areas and indeed Asia Minor. There was even a British Romance language in Roman and early post-Roman times. Only a small population along the coast of North Africa, in some towns spoke Latin.

The Mediterranean countries have common historical heritage, common blood, common food, common musical instruments, common flora/fauna. The Mediterranean is where you wind up with countries like Cyprus which are geographically part of Asia but culturally part of Europe, and countries like Malta where they speak an Arabic-derived language with a Roman-derived alphabet and worship the Catholic God but call him Alla.

In essence, you've completely missed the bus. I love Southern Europe, but if I had to choose between living in Turku, Finland or Turkey for the rest of my life, I'd be on an airplane heading to Kebabistan tomorrow.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I wonder what they discuss in this forum? About tanning sprays and how cool is to look guido?

I've noticed there is little activity there... One Mexican member kept making threads about how good looking and superior Germanics are and was banned.:rolleyes:

Dandelion
02-07-2015, 04:29 PM
One question: have Finnish members registered there?

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I've noticed there is little activity there... One Mexican member kept making threads about how good looking and superior Germanics are and was banned.:rolleyes:

Nobody's ever been banned at FN for having an unpopular opinion. Like, literally nobody. Zero people.

Faklon
02-07-2015, 04:31 PM
This site uses cookies to store
information on your computer

Dombra
02-07-2015, 04:32 PM
What you think Fourum ******* is: A pan-med fap forum

What it really is: A Mexican forum

Trust me, I used to be top poster there responsible for 20% of the posts

Ulla
02-07-2015, 04:33 PM

:laugh:

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:35 PM
The Mediterranean countries have common historical heritage, common blood, common food, common musical instruments, common flora/fauna. The Mediterranean is where you wind up with countries like Cyprus which are geographically part of Asia but culturally part of Europe, and countries like Malta where they speak an Arabic-derived language with a Roman-derived alphabet and worship the Catholic God but call him Alla.

In essence, you've completely missed the bus. I love Southern Europe, but if I had to choose between living in Turku, Finland or Turkey for the rest of my life, I'd be on an airplane heading to Kebabistan tomorrow.

I think you speak more about your own preferences than any kind of cultural reality. Not so many Italians would choose Turkey over Finland, let alone choose Morrocco or Syria. They would also prefer Finnish or even Russian immigrants. Ask them if they get along better with North Euro tourists and East Euro immigrants or with ''Med'' North African and Levantine immigrants. They don't see them as their cousins, just for being swarthy or living in warm climate countries. Greeks hate Turks! I could go on and on. And insisting the Horn of Africa even has strong ties with ''za Med''! Like Germans, Kelts or Scythians and Slavs never interacted with Greeks and Romans.... And yes some was positive and some negative interaction. You could more easily see Greco-Roman scholars like Tacitus or Herodotus express respect for the bravery of northern barbarians and seeing them as handsome, than them saying the Egyptians and Levantines were bros. How much ''MENA'' admixture from after Neolithic does Southern Europe, including even Sicily or Malta have? There is some Phoenician and Moor in these islands and some slaves in mainland Italy.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Nobody's ever been banned at FN for having an unpopular opinion. Like, literally nobody. Zero people.

Why was this Mexican-American girl banned then? Xochi I mean.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:39 PM
I think you speak more about your own preferences than any kind of cultural reality. Not so many Italians would choose Turkey over Finland, let alone choose Morrocco or Syria. They would also prefer Finnish or even Russian immigrants. Ask them if they get along better with North Euro tourists and East Euro immigrants or with ''Med'' North African and Levantine immigrants. They don't see them as their cousins, just for being swarthy or living in warm climate countries. Greeks hate Turks! I could go on and on. And insisting the Horn of Africa even has strong ties with ''za Med''! Like Germans, Kelts or Scythians and Slavs never interacted with Greeks and Romans.... And yes some was positive and some negative interaction. You could more easily see Greco-Roman scholars like Tacitus or Herodotus express respect for the bravery of northern barbarians and seeing them as handsome, than them saying the Egyptians and Levantines were bros. How much ''MENA'' admixture from after Neolithic does Southern Europe, including even Sicily or Malta have? There is some Phoenician and Moor in these islands and some slaves in mainland Italy.

Oh, but that's the thing. I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself. When I created FN, it was because I thought all the other forums lacked what I wanted, and nobody else did it, so I did it myself.

I'm not telling Italians that they belong there, or telling Swedes they don't belong there, or you that it's a good forum. People make their own decisions.

I like Mediterranean women. I like Mediterranean food. I like the Mediterranean climate. I wouldn't be happy in Latvia. I may not feel like home in Istanbul but I'd get used to it a lot quicker.

Casandrinos
02-07-2015, 04:39 PM

Pan-med superiority I'm telling ya.

Viva la Mexico :icon_lol:

Dombra
02-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Because "she" was a man :laugh:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Because she's actually white Canadian boy who lied to the staff numerous times, stole a Croatian girl's photographs (and name) and claimed them as Xochi's own.... oh, and had sockpuppet accounts against the rules.

I loved Xochi's posts. I hope "she" comes back when "her" ban is up.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:43 PM
In history books and scholarship about antiquity, in Romania they don't really group all the Med countries and civilizations. They just mention that early civilizations flourished there first. Well in the Middle East first of all and in Mesopotamia, not on the Med coast. We speak of the ''Ancient Orient'' and we group all ''MENA'' ancient civilizations there and it is understood that even then there were major cultural differences between European Meds and MENA Meds. Even in pigmentation and features the Greco-Romans did not even see themselves as that close to them. Greeks and Romans had democracy and republics at first. Northern barbarians had primitive tribal democratic structures of sorts. The Orientals developed Oriental despotism. Those Oriental influences, including despotism were criticized as foreign and decadent when they appeared among Greco-Romans. Yes, I know about ancient Greek despots, but that was an early phase that was overcomed.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Because she's actually white Canadian boy who lied to the staff numerous times, stole a Croatian girl's photographs (and name) and claimed them as Xochi's own.... oh, and had sockpuppet accounts against the rules.

I loved Xochi's posts. I hope "she" comes back when "her" ban is up.

Lol. I saw ''her'' photos too.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Northcentral Mediterranean 431 post and 21 threads, 373 and 15 are in the Sicily section, I'm pretty sure I know the author. xD Obviously the Sicily section is separed from Italy, so the logic of this forum is Italy one unique nation from Trento to Reggio Calabria but Sicily excluding. xD

alfieb
02-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Northcentral Mediterranean 431 post and 21 threads, 373 and 15 are in the Sicily section, I'm pretty sure I know the author. xD Obviously the Sicily section is separed from Italy, so the logic of this forum is Italy one unique nation from Trento to Reggio Calabria but Sicily excluding. xD
I'm a twisted, strange person. But you already knew this.

See, All posts in the Malta forum show up in the Sicily forum, and all of the threads in the Sicily forum show up in the Italy forum, but the threads in the Italy forum don't show up in the Sicily forum or the Malta forum. So they're basically like subforums. But they're not.

Same with (for example) a thread posted in the Catalonia forum being accessible from the Spain forum even though Catalonia isn't a subforum of Spain. It just functions like one.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I only see Turkey, Israel, Armenia and the Caucasus lands, as having some strong historical and/or cultural ties with Europe or parts of it. The rest of the ''MENA'' is too alien for all Europe. Even in ancient times, only parts of Asia Minor were really more like Greece and were colonized by the Greeks heavily. There is significant Turkish influence in the Balkans and there is significant European influence on Turkey and more of them can pass as South Europeans.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 04:58 PM
At least Alfieb built the perfect virtual home for Sikeliot and his pan-Med yearnings.:)

StonyArabia
02-07-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't mind it at all, it seems to be cool and there is not much racism there.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:00 PM
I only see Turkey, Israel, Armenia and the Caucasus lands, as having some strong historical and/or cultural ties with Europe or parts of it. The rest of the ''MENA'' is too alien for all Europe. Even in ancient times, only parts of Asia Minor were really more like Greece and were colonized by the Greeks heavily. There is significant Turkish influence in the Balkans and there is significant European influence on Turkey and more of them can pass as South Europeans.

And due to this Turkey, Caucasus and Israel aren't MENA proper.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM

Lebanon is too alien? It was majority-Catholic and French speaking until recently.

You're entitled to care about European culture and some sort of weird continuity thing, I just think it's a fantasy. A fantasy being kind-of like when Germans, Russians, and Turks were all trying to pretend they were the Roman Empire at the same time, even though none of them had anything to do with the original.

My family come from a place where the dogs originated in North Africa, the people migrated there from three continents, and they have an annual couscous festival. Pretty multicultural for a place where 98% of the people who live there are natives.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't mind it at all, it seems to be cool and there is not much racism there.

Do you believe in this Med cultural sphere thing? I actually heard even a Romanian intelectual mention it once on tv, some years ago. I think such a thing has never existed, even in ancient times. I mean at least not during classical antiquity. And remember that languages and religion are very important things.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Lebanon is too alien? It was majority-Catholic and French speaking until recently.

You're entitled to care about European culture and some sort of weird continuity thing, I just think it's a fantasy. A fantasy being kind-of like when Germans, Russians, and Turks were all trying to pretend they were the Roman Empire at the same time, even though none of them had anything to do with the original.

My family come from a place where the dogs originated in North Africa, the people migrated there from three continents, and they have an annual couscous festival. Pretty multicultural for a place where 98% of the people who live there are natives.
Lebanese Christians might be different too, but they are not Roman-Catholics as often claimed. They are Maronites or Eastern ''Catholics'', meaning they accept the Pope as leader, but are mostly very different in rituals. They are Oriental Christians. French was spoken there as a foreign language, like English by the educated classes in India. A product of colonialism.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Lebanese Christians might be different too, but they are not Roman-Catholics as often claimed. They are Maronites or Eastern ''Catholics'', meaning they accept the Pope as leader, but are mostly very different in rituals. They are Oriental Christians. French was spoken there as a foreign language, like English by the educated classes in India. A product of colonialism.

Indeed. Perhaps the Christians of Lebanon are more close to Euro-Mediterranean but they are like a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of MENA.

Faklon
02-07-2015, 05:10 PM
The Mediterranean...

Can certainly be very beautiful.

(Excuse the Germanic influence in my feet but it was a killing price)Would you see something like that in Sahara?The blue sea with its cool winds and the grassy rocks and hills rising around affordable to even provide snow in winter when the solarium begins and Allahu Snackbar brother!

http://lakewood.advocatemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fuzzys-taco.jpg

StonyArabia
02-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Do you believe in this Med cultural sphere thing? I actually heard even a Romanian intelectual mention it once on tv, some years ago. I think such a thing has never existed, even in ancient times. I mean at least not during classical antiquity. And remember that languages and religion are very important things.

North Africa ending in northern Algeria, the coastal Levant, and Anatolia were all once part of the same culture despite being inhabited by different people. However the Arab conquest changed this in the Levant and North Africa culturally, Anatolia would be changed differently. Though even today Anatolia has more in common with the Med than with Arabia, and frankly so does coastal North Africa, it's only the interior of North Africa has some similarities to Arabia.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Right. So they didn't have European slaves in Greece and Rome.
And they didn't have North African or Middle Eastern Emperors in Rome.
And they certainly wouldn't worship Middle Eastern gods, because they were Europeans and they were too good for that.

[For those of you who don't speak fluent sarcasm, kill yourselves.]

Even Sol Invictus, the god that the Romans who persecuted early Christians worshipped was just a repackaging of Elagabalus, a Syrian god. And there were Roman Emperors who openly worshipped Elagabalus, for that matter. One such emperor was so devoted to that god that history remembers that emperor as Elagabalus. They literally gave him the name of his patron god.

The word slave comes from the word Slav, and the word servant has the same root as the word Serb. So while Syrians and Libyans were Roman Emperors, Slavs were the lowest form of humanity. European community. Yup.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:16 PM
I do think Syrians and Lybians in these ancient times were different from today.

StonyArabia
02-07-2015, 05:19 PM
I do think Syrians and Lybians in these ancient times were different from today.

No, they just changed cultures. Well us Syrian Desert Arabs were always different and originally a semi-matriarchal race, hence our difference with the Meds in general despite their attempts to assimilate us culturally it often failed.

Tacitus
02-07-2015, 05:25 PM

Thing is, when many of Leabanese Maronites emigrated to the Americas, they became "Latinized" and rather than establishing Maronite parishes, simply joined the already existing Roman Catholic ones. In that sense, combined with the French colonial influence, they became more Western, so to speak.

Casandrinos
02-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Do you believe in this Med cultural sphere thing? I actually heard even a Romanian intelectual mention it once on tv, some years ago. I think such a thing has never existed, even in ancient times. I mean at least not classical antiquity. And remember that languages and religion are very important things.

There are some similarities but the point is that the whole pan-meddism is derived from Murica .

Those stereotypes only degrade South European cultures who have potential to be something different that could question the American/Anglo approach in life. By forcing the immigrants from southern Europe into stereotypes they manipulate them and make them weak minded and obsesive about looking woggy and part of this in existed identity. In the end they became Anglos thinking they are different.

This is not necessarily meant to be for this forum, although it seems no different.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:28 PM
No, they just changed cultures..

This is exactly what I think. This is not a negligible fact the change of culture.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Thing is, when many of Leabanese Maronites emigrated to the Americas, they became "Latinized" and rather than establishing Maronite parishes, simply joined the already existing Roman Catholic ones. In that sense, combined with the French colonial influence, they became more Western, so to speak.

That's a shame. Even though they're a very tiny community, the Byzantine-Rite Italian-Albanian Catholics from Arbereshe towns in Sicily/Southern Italy actually have their own churches in America. They have one such church in NYC.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:30 PM
There are some similarities but the point is that the whole pan-meddism is derived from Murica .

Those stereotypes only degrade South European cultures who have potential to be something different that could question the American/Anglo approach in life. By forcing the immigrants from southern Europe into stereotypes they manipulate them and make them weak minded and obsesive about looking woggy and part of this in existed identity. In the end they became Anglos thinking they are different.

This is not necessarily meant to be for this forum, although it seems no different.

I'm curious to see alfieb in Syria with his yankee accent as would be welcomed by the local people.

Kamal900
02-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Just because north Africa, Levant and Turkey located in med doesn't mean they belong to the same culture, race and etc to european med like Spaniards, Italians and etc. To be quite frank, i feel much closer to Arabians, Egyptians, Sudanese, and to Levantines(cypriots included) rather than to whites and other alien races generally. Pan-mediterraneanism is just as bullsht as any pan ideologies.

Faklon
02-07-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm curious to see alfieb in Syria with his yankee accent as would be welcomed by the local people.

I would like to see alfieb throwing javelins in ancient Olympics.

Tooting Carmen
02-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Pan-mediterraneanism is just as bullsht as any pan ideologies.

True, but then the same also applies to pan-Europeanism, pan-Arabism, pan-Africanism and all the rest.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:36 PM
I would like to see alfieb throwing javelins in ancient Olympics.

You can have your sick fantasies about guys from the internet being naked and throwing spears. It's not for me to judge.

(The original Olympics were all contested in the nude. The word gymnastics, for instance, means naked training, but you're Greek so I'm sure you knew that...).

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Just because north Africa, Levant and Turkey located in med doesn't mean they belong to the same culture, race and etc to european med like Spaniards, Italians and etc. To be quite frank, i feel much closer to Arabians, Egyptians, Sudanese, and to Levantines(cypriots included) rather than to whites and other alien races generally. Pan-mediterraneanism is just as bullsht as any pan ideologies.

This is the same that happened to me when I visited Tunisia and Egypt, they were extremely different from us in culture, phenotypes, religion etc. The fact that we are part of the same sea counts in a relative manner.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:39 PM
True, but then the same also applies to pan-Europeanism, pan-Arabism, pan-Africanism and all the rest.

Pan is wrong and weird. For Europe there are at least four subcategories: Northern Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe and South Europe.

Casandrinos
02-07-2015, 05:40 PM

He will show them his chest hair with the cross on and they will bow down :icon_lol:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:41 PM
He will show them his chest hair with the cross on and they will bow down :icon_lol:
They probably have as much chest hair as I do, or even more. And I have a forest.

But a man has to know when he's beaten.

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 05:48 PM
You're entitled to care about European culture and some sort of weird continuity thing, I just think it's a fantasy.

Yep, this is how I feel. I feel close to Mediterranean Europeans first, and Brits/Irish because we speak English and American culture has roots there. Then I feel close to all other Med people, whether European or not, and especially if they are Christian.

I do not see how it makes any sense for a Sicilian, a southern Spaniard, a Cretan Greek to feel close to Finns, Latvians, Swedes and Russians just because we are all "European". There are no cultural, linguistic, phenotypical similarities, Europe may as well be a social construct.

It's like saying Lebanese should feel close to Japanese and Koreans just because they're all in Asia.

Tacitus
02-07-2015, 05:49 PM
That's a shame. Even though they're a very tiny community, the Byzantine-Rite Italian-Albanian Catholics from Arbereshe towns in Sicily/Southern Italy actually have their own churches in America. They have one such church in NYC.

The Italbo church you're referring to in NYC was a church, now it's only a "mission." I only know of one other out in Las Vegas (weird, I know).

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 05:49 PM

Yes, and this is why a lot of Italian and Lebanese American couples exist, why they feel some sort of kinship in the US that people living in Europe on here do not understand. Because it happened over here.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:52 PM
The Italbo church you're referring to in NYC was a church, now it's only a "mission." I only know of one other out in Las Vegas (weird, I know).

Dr. Google confirmed your statement. The former Church in Staten Island is now a Mission. I am disappoint.

Tiberio
02-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Okay, Christian Lebanese are culturally and phenotypically more Europeans than other MENAS (i don't consider Israeli, Turks and Caucasians MENA) but they are a drop in the ocean.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Okay, Christian Lebanese are culturally and phenotypically more Europeans than other MENAS (i don't consider Israeli, Turks and Caucasians MENA) but they are a drop in the ocean.

Stop saying European, dude.

Europe is a peninsula within Eurasia. When the demographics get inevitably even worse for "us" and the vast majority of people on the planet (right now it's like, half) live in Asia, it'll sound even more silly to talk about Europe as this monolithic bastion of culture.

Our Roman ancestors didn't give a shit which side of the Mediterranean you lived on. They had no respect for the Germanic tribes or the Huns and they were in Europe. If you were a Roman citizen you were a Roman citizen, and if you weren't you were a barbarian, ecc.

Nobody in Lebanon wants to be European. That doesn't mean we don't have shared history and cultural traits with them.

Tacitus
02-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Dr. Google confirmed your statement. The former Church in Staten Island is now a Mission. I am disappoint.

Their website is pretty interesting. Also, on another note, I always wished that Arberesh-American politician in NYC (whose name escapes me right now even though I started a classification thread about him) would've encouraged Italian-Americans with Arberesh ancestry to explore/promote their own roots, rather than ass-kissing the Albo/Kosovar emigres so they would vote Republican. But that's another discussion for another time. /rant over

Harley
02-07-2015, 06:00 PM
I like it.

There is a relaxed vibe there and I visit as regularly as I can to soothe my brain.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Their website is pretty interesting. Also, on another note, I always wished that Arberesh-American politician in NYC (whose name escapes me right now even though I started a classification thread about him) would've encouraged Italian-Americans with Arberesh ancestry to explore/promote their own roots, rather than ass-kissing the Albo/Kosovar emigres so they would vote Republican. But that's another discussion for another time. /rant over

Giuseppe DioGuardi.

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Stop saying European, dude.

Europe is a peninsula within Eurasia. When the demographics get inevitably even worse for "us" and the vast majority of people on the planet (right now it's like, half) live in Asia, it'll sound even more silly to talk about Europe as this monolithic bastion of culture.

Our Roman ancestors didn't give a shit which side of the Mediterranean you lived on. They had no respect for the Germanic tribes or the Huns and they were in Europe. If you were a Roman citizen you were a Roman citizen, and if you weren't you were a barbarian, ecc.

Nobody in Lebanon wants to be European. That doesn't mean we don't have shared history and cultural traits with them.

This is the root of why Tiberio and I have never been able to find common ground; he looks at everything through the lens of how European it is, I look at everything from the Mediterranean perspective. His source of pride in being Sicilian is that Sicily is part of Europe (and he wishes for it to be a typical, non distinct part of Europe), whereas I am proud of being Sicilian-American largely because it's different from other places in Europe. And that difference is, in my view, a good thing.

We are descended from all of the founders of civilization, everything from Phoenician to Roman. How many other "Europeans" can say that?

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:07 PM
The biggest wars of that era were the Punic Wars. You had Romans, Greeks, and Phoenicians fighting over control of the Mediterranean. Specifically, control of Sicily.

And Punic, Italic, Greek, that's all in the blood of Sicilians. Pretty cool, yeah. Of course, I think the Peloponnesian Wars (which also had a Sicilian campaign) were just as interesting, but that's a debate for another day.

Graham
02-07-2015, 06:08 PM
The layout looks well set up, better than here. Just had a look. Though not for me, as it's a Med forum of course.

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 06:11 PM
The biggest wars of that era were the Punic Wars. You had Romans, Greeks, and Phoenicians fighting over control of the Mediterranean. Specifically, control of Sicily.

And Punic, Italic, Greek, that's all in the blood of Sicilians. Pretty cool, yeah. Of course, I think the Peloponnesian Wars (which also had a Sicilian campaign) were just as interesting, but that's a debate for another day.

So the point is, we have a unique ancestry and should try to play up the elements that make us unique, not pretend we're no different than Latvians and Hungarians.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:15 PM
So the point is, we have a unique ancestry and should try to play up the elements that make us unique, not pretend we're no different than Latvians and Hungarians.

Perspective.

Unique can be good or bad. A lot of Sicilians don't want to be treated as an "other" because they have to live among Italians and don't appreciate being treated like second class citizens, less Italian, less patriotic, less civilized, backwards, etc. Their TV stations come from the mainland.

You're not necessarily wrong, but they're not going to see it your way. Obviously most people would rather be unique than not. But Sicily today isn't the Sicily of Ruggero d'Altavilla or Federico di Svevia.

Harley
02-07-2015, 06:15 PM
The layout looks well set up, better than here. Just had a look. Though not for me, as it's a Med forum of course.

Well, I am not Med, or anything else that qualifies to have its own banner.

http://www.sinful-illusions.com/wiki/images/5/50/ForeverAlone.gif

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah, if Znzn, Wadaad, Oneeye, metalAphrodite and Dumbra post on a "Med" forum, just about anyone can.

Damião de Góis
02-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Considering the admin hates my country and people and even its language, then i'm surprised they have a portuguese section... even if it has zero posts.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Considering the admin hates my country and people and even its language, then i'm surprised they have a portuguese section... even if it has zero posts.

Eh, that's a bit extreme. I don't even dislike Portugal. I dislike the Portuguese language, absolutely. I prefer the sound of Spanish. Portuguese sounds like bad Spanish to me, like Dutch vs. German.

I also dislike some Portuguese phenotypes. The ones that are close to my own, specifically.

But Portugal is fine. Now that the World Cup is over, I don't even have a problem with Brazil (for the next few years anyway...)

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Perspective.

Unique can be good or bad. A lot of Sicilians don't want to be treated as an "other" because they have to live among Italians and don't appreciate being treated like second class citizens, less Italian, less patriotic, less civilized, backwards, etc. Their TV stations come from the mainland.

You're not necessarily wrong, but they're not going to see it your way. Obviously most people would rather be unique than not. But Sicily today isn't the Sicily of Ruggero d'Altavilla or Federico di Svevia.

Wanting to be well integrated into Italy makes sense, but feeling kinship to people north of the Alps, Pyrenees, and Danube (except France) makes no sense to me. I cannot imagine Sicilians actually feeling closer to Uralic people in NE Europe than to Lebanese Christians and Assyrians just because the former are "European" too.

Tooting Carmen
02-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Wanting to be well integrated into Italy makes sense, but feeling kinship to people north of the Alps, Pyrenees, and Danube (except France) makes no sense to me. I cannot imagine Sicilians actually feeling closer to Uralic people in NE Europe than to Lebanese Christians and Assyrians just because the former are "European" too.

Now you're being just as dogmatic and closed-minded as the very pan-Europeanists who you criticise.

Ianus
02-07-2015, 06:23 PM
There are some serious people as Velaxa and Isleno and nice girl as Mellow and Methal. Then there are the usually obsessed people with Italians, expecially Southern ones.

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Now you're being just as dogmatic and closed-minded as the very pan-Europeanists who you criticise.

I wasn't trying to be. I have yet to see any legitimate reason for why southern Europeans should feel close to Finns, Russians, Latvians, Estonians except for that both are "European".

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:33 PM
I wasn't trying to be. I have yet to see any legitimate reason for why southern Europeans should feel close to Finns, Russians, Latvians, Estonians except for that both are "European".

I don't think Northeastern Europeans are capable of feeling any emotion for themselves, so why should anyone else? Cold people, as opposed to Mediterraneans who are very passionate people, for good and for bad.

Faklon
02-07-2015, 06:36 PM
You can have your sick fantasies about guys from the internet being naked and throwing spears. It's not for me to judge.

(The original Olympics were all contested in the nude. The word gymnastics, for instance, means naked training, but you're Greek so I'm sure you knew that...).
hehe

Would you spray tan before start throwing?

I'm not trying to humiliate you nor I'm pretending that I would do better,it's just an interesting thought(nudes aside).

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:38 PM
hehe

Would you spray tan before start throwing?

I'm not trying to humiliate you nor I'm pretending that I would do better,it's just an interesting thought(nudes aside).

I've never spray tanned in my life (or been to a tanning salon, I'm glad those things cause cancer), why start now?

Oneeye
02-07-2015, 06:41 PM
I think it is too Nordocentric. :ranger:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:43 PM
I think it is too Nordocentric. :ranger:

And to think it would've been worse if Nikolai/Klaus got that super mod spot he wanted.

Instead I put him in charge of the tiny Nordic forum and he was like WTF IS THIS :mad:

alfieb
02-07-2015, 06:52 PM
And to think it would've been worse if Nikolai/Klaus got that super mod spot he wanted.

Instead I put him in charge of the tiny Nordic forum and he was like WTF IS THIS :mad:

To his credit, Isleño was the one who never trusted Nikolai. I was willing to entertain the idea.

Dictator
02-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Eh, that's a bit extreme. I don't even dislike Portugal. I dislike the Portuguese language, absolutely. I prefer the sound of Spanish. Portuguese sounds like bad Spanish to me, like Dutch vs. German.

I also dislike some Portuguese phenotypes. The ones that are close to my own, specifically.

But Portugal is fine. Now that the World Cup is over, I don't even have a problem with Brazil (for the next few years anyway...)

selfhate?

alfieb
02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
selfhate?

I don't think so. I don't mind the way I look. I just don't care for Berids in general, and the Portuguese Berid-Paleoatlantid mixes in particular are the worst of the bunch, in my opinion. But it's all a matter of taste.

There are some ethnic Portuguese women who I find to be quite sexy and some Portuguese men who are very handsome. My claim has always been only that the stereotypical Portuguese "look" is the one that I described above, and you guys take it personally for whatever reason, perhaps because you're tired of hearing people talk about how Moorish or black you are, and how exotic you look.

That's never been my agenda. Kinda goes against the whole "pro-Mediterranean", "pro-Catholic", "pro-Latin" thing. :shrug:

Dictator
02-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't think so. I don't mind the way I look. I just don't care for Berids in general, and the Portuguese Berid-Paleoatlantid mixes in particular are the worst of the bunch, in my opinion. But it's all a matter of taste.

There are some ethnic Portuguese women who I find to be quite sexy and some Portuguese men who are very handsome. My claim has always been only that the stereotypical Portuguese "look" is the one that I described above, and you guys take it personally for whatever reason, perhaps because you're tired of hearing people talk about how Moorish or black you are, and how exotic you look.

That's never been my agenda. Kinda goes against the whole "pro-Mediterranean", "pro-Catholic", "pro-Latin" thing. :shrug:

You're reading too much sikeliot.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 07:17 PM
You're reading too much sikeliot.

His opinions on phenotype change as often as Nikolai's gimmicks. Mine don't. Someone can pull up 2 year old posts of me saying the same shit, probably word for word, because I repeat myself way too much.

Dandelion
02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Yeah, if Znzn, Wadaad, Oneeye, metalAphrodite and Dumbra post on a "Med" forum, just about anyone can.

Important is that actual meds find the forum attractive enough to join, otherwise non-meds might become a problem. More non- med than meds is bad for the forum's credibility (unless they're fans of Mediterranean culture that is). I'd assume the forum is still widely removed from that 'danger zone' though.

Language is another problem. Sure, on TA and ABF people are fluent English speakers. It remains a commonly known fact that in many Romance-speaking cultures for instance, it's common for even younger generations to not be able to speak English. Whenever I'm in the Mediterranean I also notice this. People are friendly, but just don't expect them to know or speak English, though even then you rarely stumble upon communication problems. The Sun makes such countries among the ones with the lowest autism rates as well, I noticed, greatly boosting communicative skills.

The relative lack of English skills is a contributing factor that the forum will mostly get its members from other (English-speaking) anthroboards rather than new fresh blood.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Important is that actual meds find the forum attractive enough to join, otherwise non-meds might become a problem. More non- med than meds is bad for the forum's credibility. I'd assume the forum is still widely removed from that 'danger zone' though.

Eh. Credibility is what you make of it. Both EliasAlucard and Loki have a line down the block of people who would love to do nothing but talk trash about them for no apparent reason. Perhaps one of my biggest weaknesses is that I'm not a fan of the propaganda business. Let people judge for themselves, and if they don't like it, don't try to hard-sell them on it.

We definitely have advantages that the other forums don't have. Zero advertising, and there'll never be any advertising. I don't want to make money. I have enough of it already. That allows us to enable Tapatalk support for smartphone users. Our hosting plan is top-notch and our site never goes down.

The non-med factor you mention was a bigger deal when we opened the first time back in 2013. About half of the posters were Scandinavians who had come to troll, and the goal of the forum was to be a serious place for thoughtful people to discuss culture without having to worry about being trolled or having someone invade their privacy. The forum went completely 180 degrees from what I had wanted it to be, so I closed it for almost a year and tried again in 2014.

But other than Ultra, I can't say much bad about those Scandos. Decent chaps who happen to be disproportionately good at arcade games. They have a sense of humor, which is more than you'd expect from people from that part of the world.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Language is another problem. Sure, on TA and ABF people are fluent English speakers. It remains a commonly known fact that in many Romance-speaking cultures for instance, it's common for even younger generations to not be able to speak English. Whenever I'm in the Mediterranean I also notice this. People are friendly, but just don't expect them to know or speak English, though even then you rarely stumble upon communication problems. The Sun makes such countries among the ones with the lowest autism rates as well, I noticed, greatly boosting communicative skills.

The relative lack of English skills is a contributing factor that the forum will mostly get its members from other (English-speaking) anthroboards rather than new fresh blood.

This is why we have built-in Google Translate, and every thread in the ethnic/national forums has a flag indicating what language the discussion is intended to be in.

Anywhere on the forum, you press a button, and everything is now in Italian, or Romanian, or Arabic, whatever. Then you click a link and everything remains in Arabic. You make a post and it's still in Arabic. So if you don't speak English too well, it's not as hard as it would've been otherwise.

Does this forum have many chicks of a pregnantable age?

Yes.

Sikeliot
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
His opinions on phenotype change as often as Nikolai's gimmicks. Mine don't. Someone can pull up 2 year old posts of me saying the same shit, probably word for word, because I repeat myself way too much.

Not on this issue; I've always maintained there is a highly distinct, stereotypical "Portuguese" look (AtlantoMed/Berid or something similar) that looks unique to Portugal.

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I can't believe people here are seriously downplaying the importance of Islam for the way of like, mental habits, culture, civilization and traditions of Islamic countries, because they have orange and olive trees, sunny beaches and they were all conquered by Romans once.:picard1: It's not true that Romans had no respect for Germanic tribes either. See how Tacitus wrote about their bravery, honesty, loyalty and simple virtues in general and contrasted it with decadence, vices and corruption in Rome. Not to mention that the late Roman Empire relied heavily on German soldiers. And in the West of Europe, even the Latin countries were rebuilt in part by barbarian Germans, after the fall of Rome. In fact the mix of Latin and Germanic traditions are part of the cultural basis of the West.

alfieb
02-07-2015, 08:33 PM
That's the problem. People are overplaying the importance of religion in the 21st century. I wish more people were able to get beyond it, like the Albanians do.

Minor disputes over similar religious beliefs does nothing but divide people. Religion is why people in Ireland killed each-other for hundreds of years, and why people in the Balkans and the Levant are still killing each-other.

That's what ************ is there for. Not to convince people that a Syrian and a Sardinian are the same thing - of course they're not. But the dialogue isn't happening elsewhere, and there is common culture, there is common heritage. There is a lot Mediterranean peoples have in common, but the sexy thing to talk about is what separates us. Orthodox vs. Catholic, Catholic vs. Muslim, Muslim vs. Jew, it's all a distraction.

The Crusades are over. I'm not looking to fight one, and I'm not interested in being on the wrong side of a Jihad, either.

Zone
02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
If Italy is on that site then so should Germany

http://www2.uncp.edu/home/rwb/Holy_roman_Empire_Map1.jpg

Gustave H
02-07-2015, 08:57 PM
I only got to be a section mod there and then I was de-modded. So, they suck.

barbatus
02-07-2015, 09:01 PM
I only got to be a section mod there and then I was de-modded. So, they suck.

Hey, at least you got to be mod of something. I've never been mod anywhere.

Han Cholo
02-07-2015, 09:01 PM
I am registered there and have around 25 posts or so. I don't have much interest as the userbase is just a collection of the worst users here (both banned and active) and I don't really identify with "Mediterranean culture".

There's a cool chicano there (Soul something) but all the rest basically suck, or are already here.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-07-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm not joining there for several reasons :

1.) IQ of populations is important to me. AlfieB mixed high IQ groups with low(er) IQ group(s) which is a dumb idea IMO.

2.) AlfieB doesn't like me personally

3.) AlfieB doesn't like the French (probably because he is a fat American wog and who can't stand that the French are thinner, whiter, and classier than himself)

TheForeigner
02-07-2015, 09:28 PM
That's the problem. People are overplaying the importance of religion in the 21st century. I wish more people were able to get beyond it, like the Albanians do.

Minor disputes over similar religious beliefs does nothing but divide people. Religion is why people in Ireland killed each-other for hundreds of years, and why people in the Balkans and the Levant are still killing each-other.

That's what ************ is there for. Not to convince people that a Syrian and a Sardinian are the same thing - of course they're not. But the dialogue isn't happening elsewhere, and there is common culture, there is common heritage. There is a lot Mediterranean peoples have in common, but the sexy thing to talk about is what separates us. Orthodox vs. Catholic, Catholic vs. Muslim, Muslim vs. Jew, it's all a distraction.

The Crusades are over. I'm not looking to fight one, and I'm not interested in being on the wrong side of a Jihad, either.
The problem with this is that in all those Muslim countries, religion is extremely important.

Graham
02-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Dombra's on that forum? haha for the med-culture & learning... ok. Or just trolling. ;)

Harley
02-07-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm not joining there for several reasons :

1.) IQ of populations is important to me. AlfieB mixed high IQ groups with low(er) IQ group(s) which is a dumb idea IMO.

2.) AlfieB doesn't like me personally

3.) AlfieB doesn't like the French (probably because he is a fat American wog and who can't stand that the French are thinner, whiter, and classier than himself)
http://www.breachbangclear.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/wait-what-gif.gif

Gaston
02-07-2015, 09:59 PM
There was even a British Romance language in Roman and early post-Roman times. Only a small population along the coast of North Africa, in some towns spoke Latin.

Britain's romance was certainly much less important than African romance in terms numbers and cultural influence (through classical latin).

Insuperable
02-07-2015, 10:25 PM
[And every major ethnic group from Portugal to the Caucasushas their own section on ************, so it's not cherry-picked. Serbs, FYR Macedonians, even the French, whom my love for is legendary...]

Clustering was done based on geography, not culture.

And whether a country is part of the Middle East or not is irrelevant. Unlike Apricity, Forum ******* does not nor has ever professed to give even the remotest of fucks about being a European Cultural Community. Syrians are just as welcome as Spaniards. There were Roman Emperors from both of those countries.

And the Horn of Africa has been in constant contact with the Mediterranean for thousands of years, back to the days of the writing of the Jewish Bible, with the Queen of Sheba and all of that nonsense. Nubian dynasties ruling over Egypt, etc. etc.

They're not considered Mediterranean, obviously... although some moronic scientists 100 years ago claimed they were Caucasoids. I just gave them their own separate section since we had a few Horners and I figured what the hell.

I would join, if it would be only about European Med countries. Apricity is a European cultural forum, but the emphasis is on Europe while the emphasis there is on the entire Mediterranean.

Gustave H
02-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Hey, at least you got to be mod of something. I've never been mod anywhere.

That's a rather positive way to look at it, old sport.

Rudel
02-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Is that alfieb's place ? I went there once, saw an "Occitania" section separated from France and thought "Nah, fuck that shit" and left.

If Italy is on that site then so should Germany

http://www2.uncp.edu/home/rwb/Holy_roman_Empire_Map1.jpg
It doesn't count as a "Germany" when more than half of it is devoid of Germans.

alfieb
02-08-2015, 04:33 AM
I would join, if it would be only about European Med countries. Apricity is a European cultural forum, but the emphasis is on Europe while the emphasis there is on the entire Mediterranean.

Correct.

Is that alfieb's place ? I went there once, saw an "Occitania" section separated from France and thought "Nah, fuck that shit" and left.

Any posts in the Occitania forum are automatically posted to the France forum. It's "separate" but it's not. That's an acknowledgement on my part that Occitania is part of France.

Gustave H
02-08-2015, 05:05 AM

Oh, you're French. That's what's wrong with you. News flash, motherfucker: The French are a bunch of pussy ass motherfuckers, you are no exception to the rule. You're annoying, smelly, ugly, wittle assholes. No-one likes you and us AMERICANS saved your ass in WW2. So suck a dick, gay boy.

alfieb
02-08-2015, 05:24 AM
He's not French.

He's some sort of misogynistic autistic Irish mutant in his mid-30s from New York. DeBurgh being the original spelling of his actual name.

He has a lot of value when discussing science, computers and the like, but anything about human beings and it's off to the looney bin.

Selurong
02-08-2015, 08:48 AM

Why the retreatist mentality?

Where's the Christian courage to go dwell in the catacombs or be unafraid of the cross, Maronites?

The servers of the Latin-rite, crossed the Pacific and carved Islamic Fi-Ammanilah (Manila) into a Catholic area. Despite opposition everywhere. Why can't they do that?

Selurong
02-08-2015, 08:55 AM

Lol. No. I've been from there. And I learned to appreciate the power of the Roman, the Latin cause.

What you speak of is crap.

Jehan
02-08-2015, 09:04 AM

Not wrong,
But all the thread in the "occitania" section have been open by the same user, who have "interest" for the occitan language. I assume the section have been create after the ask of this member and maybe should be close now?

Rudel
02-08-2015, 09:15 AM
No-one likes you and us AMERICANS saved your ass in WW2.
Who gives a fuck about being liked ?

alfieb
02-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Believe it or not, my original intent for the Occitania forum was for Peyrol to run it, actually.

He identifies as being an Occitan, more or less, and believes that his fellow Northwestern Italians, Catalans and Southeastern French are brothers. I was hoping that he could enlighten some people (myself especially) in regards to that region and the indigenous cultures. Ethnic forums on FN are primarily meant as a conduit for discussion about local cultures and languages, rather than nationalism or hostility towards others.

But obviously Southern French people who speak Occitan can provide a different point of view. Any posts made in that forum are automatically also in the France forum. So to post there is not anti-French at all.

Selurong
02-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Oh, you're French. That's what's wrong with you. News flash, motherfucker: The French are a bunch of pussy ass motherfuckers, you are no exception to the rule. You're annoying, smelly, ugly, wittle assholes. No-one likes you and us AMERICANS saved your ass in WW2. So suck a dick, gay boy.

No they're not. The only country to have participated in all Crusades to take Jerusalem was France.
(They even went at it alone at times)

Hardly the pussy-ass motherfuckers you accuse them to be.

Nevertheless. They were too centralist at times.

However, stop parading your fucking power so violently. I love Americans and I will help you even when you treated us Filipinos like shit in the Philippine-American war. But raw-power is not everything.

During the Vietnam war which America lost against Vietnam...

Guess who won Vietnam for the French? We Filipinos did (Or Spanish/Latino people born in the Philippines as well, but they're Filipino anyway too).

These are our victories in Cochinchina (We're we provided half of the troops that successfully invaded Vietnam because those Spanish-Filipino mestizos/mixed breeds, had resistances to tropical diseases which the pure-French did not)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Bi%C3%AAn_H%C3%B2a
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Tourane
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Saigon

[This was just-war for us since the Dai Viet destroyed Champa, a Malayo-Polynesian kingdom, vassal of Srivijaya and French Vietnam was an amalgamation of a Latin-Malay noble class, serving the French (Since at that time Spain's King was already a Borbon).
[Even the Emperor of Vietnam converted to Catholicism] as Vietnam's patron Saint even studied in Manila's University of Santo Thomas. And we were avenging the Cham aboriginals by disciplining the Dai-Viet invaders)

So, we have suceeded were you have failed.

Yet you have the gall to "look down" on those who clothe themselves in weakness.

You count the times (Once, in WW2) when America came and go saved France from the Nazis. How about the times the French (or even us Filipinos) saved America from the British?

However, the first official recorded history of Asian Americans fighting on behalf of the U.S. occurred in 1815 during the War of 1812.[1] General Andrew Jackson recorded that "Manilamen" had fought under his general command in defense of New Orleans, under the direct command of Jean Baptiste Lafitte.

Source: http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=16498

Yes, go look down on the French and call them sissies when they were there in all of the Crusades and saved you guys twice; In allying with America against Britain during the American war of independence and then allying with America once again in the war of 1812 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812). Do you know what sort of grace France gave to America in doing these twice? The French and British are actually cousins. In that the British Aristocracy is Norman (Which is French in origin). So they fought their own blood-cousins [the British] for the sake of a rebellious British colony (America) and allowed them to be their own nation...

Nevertheless, I do not like the way the French wield undue power and this year, the monumental Climate-change treaty will once again be signed in France, the 2015 Treaty of Paris.

As if we need another fucking treaty of Paris...

Just look at the total number of Paris Treatises we have.

Treaty of Paris (1229), ended the Albigensian Crusade
Treaty of Paris (1259), between Henry III of England and Louis IX of France
Treaty of Paris (1303), between king Philip IV of France and King Edward I of England
Treaty of Paris (1320) (fr), peace between future king Philip V of France and Robert III, Count of Flanders
Treaty of Paris (1323), count Louis of Flanders relinquished Flemish claims over Zeeland
Treaty of Paris (1355), a land exchange between France and Savoy
Treaty of Paris (1515) (fr), planning the marriage of future King Charles I of Spain and 4-year old Renée of France
Treaty of Paris (1623), between France, Savoy, and Venice against Spanish forces in Valtelline
Treaty of Paris (1626), peace between king Louis XIII and the Huguenots of La Rochelle
Treaty of Paris (1657), established military alliance between France and England against Spain
Treaty of Paris (1718) (fr), between Philip or Orléans, Regent of France and Leopold, Duke of Lorraine
Treaty of Paris (1761), established the third Bourbon Family Compact between France and Spain
Treaty of Paris (1763), ended the Seven Years' War/French and Indian War
Treaty of Paris (1783), ended the American Revolutionary War
Treaty of Paris (1784), ended the Fourth Anglo-Dutch War
Treaty of Paris (1796), ended the war between France and the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia
Treaty of Paris (1802), ended the war between France and the Ottoman Empire
Treaty of Paris (May 1806) (fr), between France and the Batavian Republic, creating the Kingdom of Holland
Treaty of Paris (July 1806) (fr), creating the Confederation of the Rhine
Treaty of Paris (1810), ended the war between France and Sweden
Treaty of Paris (1814), a peace treaty, signed on 30 May 1814, between France, and the Sixth Coalition
Treaty of Paris (1815), peace treaty, followed the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo
Treaty of Paris (1856), ended the Crimean War
Treaty of Paris (1857), ended the Anglo-Persian War
Treaty of Paris (1898), ended the Spanish–American War
Treaty of Paris (1900), ended all conflicting claims between France and Spain over Río Muni
Treaty of Paris (1918) (fr), between France and Monaco adapting provisions of the Franco-Monegasque Treaty of 1861 in the contexte of the Monaco succession crisis of 1918
Treaty of Paris (1920), united Bessarabia and Romania
Treaties of Paris that ended World War I:
Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye (1919), with Austria
Treaty of Neuilly-sur-Seine, with Bulgaria
Treaty of Versailles, with Germany
Treaty of Trianon, with Hungary
Treaty of Sèvres, with the Ottoman Empire
Paris Peace Treaties, 1947, formally established peace between the World War II Allies and Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Romania and Finland
Treaty of Paris (1951), established the European Coal and Steel Community
Bonn–Paris conventions (1952), putting an end to the Allied occupation of West Germany
Treaty of Paris (1952), creating the still-born European Defence Community
Paris Peace Accords (1973), ended American involvement in the Vietnam War
Dayton Agreement (1995, formally signed in Paris), ending the Bosnia War

Why don't they forge the treaty, in let's say, Tacloban and call it the Treaty of Tacloban (Which climate change had destroyed via the most powerful storm ever recorded) or make it the Aral Treaty (In remembrance of the Aral-Sea, an entire Sea that died because of Climate Change).

Instead, it's once again the Treaty of Paris.

We'll I don't really care about that though and I have mostly been over the French (And Americans) for the violence they did unto us in the 1898 treaty of Paris. (Where Spain sold us to America for a mere 20 Million Dollas) at which time the Filipinos were 7.8 Million in number. Thus, the cost of every soul born in the Philippines then was a mere 2 dollars and 80 cents per person.

Lol WTF. Each Filipino was sold at a cheaper price than the African slaves.

Which according to scholars, say, was sold as high as $ 400 per slave.

Nah, I don't harbor a grudge against France and America now since I find it totally funny. XD

But shit-fuck, I'm just saying this so you guys would realize how insensitive and bad-mannered you appear to others.

That is all.

God Bless America! (I actually love Americans. I don't hate them)

alfieb
02-08-2015, 09:51 AM
If it were not for France there would be no United States. I will never understand Anglo-Americans who call France cowards and all of that. My negative feelings toward France come from my upbringing, which was not very American but rather Palermo-Sicilian.

As an American, I think France has been their truest friend, going back to the revolution, Louisana Purchase, World Wars, and even Vietnam.

Selurong
02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Who gives a fuck about being liked ?

Don't worry. I already schooled him.

Selurong
02-08-2015, 10:03 AM
If it were not for France there would be no United States. I will never understand Anglo-Americans who call France cowards and all of that. My negative feelings toward France come from my upbringing, which was not very American but rather Palermo-Sicilian.

As an American, I think France has been their truest friend, going back to the revolution, Louisana Purchase, World Wars, and even Vietnam.

I also have negative feelings against the French at times. Especially in the mass regicide that resulted from the French revolution.

They are people who think of themselves the center of everything.

In fact, Sicilians are at the very smack-center of the Mediterranean yet you are so chill and humble about it and not try to grab everything...

And Sicily today, is just a cute and modest area despite being at such a central location.

Yet these peeps in Paris think they're the center of the world.
:rolleyes:

Selurong
02-08-2015, 10:10 AM
@alfieb

Yes France is America's truest friend, been there at America's darkest times. So I don't understand why the Americans discriminate against the French.

alfieb
02-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Sicily has never been particularly imperialist, no. When you're an island it's easy to just mind your business and enjoy life. Your people for example have been invaded numerous times by foreigners but never in turn tried to take over someone else's country.

Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Vandals, Goths, Arabs, Byzantines, Normans, Swabians, Angevins, Aragonese, Castilians, Savoyards, Austrians, just about everybody's taken over Sicily at one point or another. :lol:

Selurong
02-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Sicily has never been particularly imperialist, no. When you're an island it's easy to just mind your business and enjoy life. Your people for example have been invaded numerous times by foreigners but never in turn tried to take over someone else's country.

Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Vandals, Goths, Arabs, Byzantines, Normans, Swabians, Angevins, Aragonese, Castilians, Savoyards, Austrians, just about everybody's taken over Sicily at one point or another. :lol:

We'll the current Philippines hasn't yet invaded any other country but my sub-national group the Visayans had a huge history of invasion but we don't really do it without just-cause.

According to history. When we came unto Panay island we technically settled from elsewhere (fallen Srivijaya and we were descendants of loyalists who refused subjection under a puppet-Rajah called Makatunao and took to the boats with Datus (Malay Kings) to these isles) and upon arrival concluded a peace treaty and land grant with the Aboriginal Atis, wherein we settled the coastal areas and built port cities.

I sort-of understand the value of not whoring yourself to multiculturalism or to riches either. And being chaste in blood and simple in wealth.

When we were Srivijayans and had occupied Sumatra we were addicted to wealth and multiculturalism, of the import-export business and were quite abusive in our strangehold on world-commerce on which Tom Pires once wrote " Whoever controls (the strait of) Mallaca, would have their hands upon the throat of Venice".

Yet upon the collapse of Srivijaya, when we no longer controlled the strait because of the Chola Invasion, those who stayed behind and became collaborators, lost their dignity and their true kings, the Datus as they bowed to a foreign Rajah, then a Maharajah and then eventually a Sultan. While the few who were loyal and eschewed the tainted wealth of the Chola and followed the Datu to Madya-as were rewarded by having their descendants turn into a royal-tribe (due to the founder effect). Had they remained they would just be rich commoner-collaborators instead of becoming a dignified (although less decorated) royal tribe.

Anyway, we managed to fight back anyway. We Visayans supplied the huge bulk of the troops the Spanish (And Latinos) used to invade and Christianize Islamic Manila and we even burned the Brunei Empire down during the Castille War (And we were so few and poor mind you, whereas Brunei was allied with the world's richest Entrepot, Mallaca and they are allied with the Caliphate and the Chinese Empire but we still defeated them) [But then, we left after promptly crushing them].

And we had contributed alot of the troops in the successful invasion of Vietnam, which is merely vengeance on our part for the Vietnamese invasion of Champa (A former vassal-state under Srivijaya).

Not to mention, that some great Generals in the Mexican revolution. Were descended from us.

But now since we Visayans are now Filipino and we had been given a clean slate due to our new Philippine nationality (In which we haven't invaded any state yet). We relish our status as a pure people now. But that doesn't mean we don't have the capacity for invasion and for military conquest. If there is just cause we can easily do it.

It's like the Sicilians in the Order of the Knights of Malta. You guys have definitely demonstrated your ability to crush Turkish fleets in the Battle of Lepanto or that the Maltese (which are Sicilians) are descendants from the Crusader Knights and Princes who fled the fall of Jerusalem.

I know that you are partly descended from those Maltese knights, my friend. ^_^

alfieb
02-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Not to mention, that some great Generals in the Mexican revolution. Were descended from us.
Yeah, Philippines and New Spain/Mexico had a long history together, so that makes a lot of sense.

It's like the Sicilians in the Order of the Knights of Malta. You guys have definitely demonstrated your ability to crush Turkish fleets in the Battle of Lepanto or that the Maltese (which are Sicilians) are descendants from the Crusader Knights and Princes who fled the fall of Jerusalem.

I know that you are partly descended from those Maltese knights, my friend. ^_^
Most of the Knights of Malta were not actually from Sicily or Malta. They were French, Italians, etc. They fled the fall of Jerusalem to Rhodes, and fled the fall of Rhodes to Malta. Unfortunately Malta was conquered by Napoleon and the British decided to take it for themselves when they liberated it from him.

But yes Maltese people are Sicilians.

Selurong
02-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Yeah, Philippines and New Spain/Mexico had a long history together, so that makes a lot of sense.

It's not only the Philippines and Mexico... New Spain also incorporated the Western USA as well as Cuba and Northern parts of South America as well as some Pacific islands to the East of the Philippines, Guam, Marianas and etc.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/New_Spain.svg/1280px-New_Spain.svg.png

I find it cute how that a single Viceroy of New Spain (A cute position considering that tiny Sicily also had a Viceroy and Aragon also had a Viceroy) actually held sway over alot of ancient Kingdoms and Civilizations older and more populous than the kingdoms of Sicily and Aragon even...

i.e. The Philippine Kingdom of Tondo for example was founded in the 900s vis-a-vis the Kingdom of Sicily founded in 1130.
Or the Aztec city of Mexico had the largest urban-population in the world, at that time. Dwarfing that of the Kingdom of Aragon founded in 1035.

The Viceroy of Nueva Espanya is actually an Emperor or High-King in all but the title itself.

In the Americas; he would rule over the Aztec and Mayan Civilizations, the Taino confederacy in Cuba and some tribes in Northern South America. In the Philippines, over the Kedatuan of Madya-as, the Sultanates of Maguindanao, Lanao and Sulu, the Sinitic Huangdom of Ma-i and the Rajahnates of Cebu and Butuan.

What I also find cute is that the Vice-royalty spared and didn't incorporate the Kingdom of Hawaii in the Middle of the Pacific Ocean. This, despite it controlled both sides of the Pacific and easily made the mighty Aztec Civilization or the infamous people of Luzon kneel.

Lol. Tiny tiny Hawaii is an unincoporated island stuck between two giants ruled by a mere Viceroy (Not even an Emperor; in-fact, the Emperor of the Aztecs and the Lakan (Also translatable to Emperor) of the Lucoes all paid tribute to the Viceroy) Also the Viceroy even was practically richer than the King of Spain in that it was Mexican silver which was used to fund the Hapbsburg-Ottoman Wars in the Mediterranean and the Malay Sultanates-Philippine islands, conflicts.

Most of the Knights of Malta were not actually from Sicily or Malta. They were French, Italians, etc. They fled the fall of Jerusalem to Rhodes, and fled the fall of Rhodes to Malta. Unfortunately Malta was conquered by Napoleon and the British decided to take it for themselves when they liberated it from him.

But yes Maltese people are Sicilians.

We'll, most Visayans aren't even strictly pure Visayans either, the Rajahnate of Cebu [A state still found in the Visayas islands] was founded by a half-Malay and half-Indian from Sumatra and his clan, who went with the Malay Datus in the civil-war against the Maharajah. Chinese records also state that the Chinese also built a city here, called Ogtong (Which was weird, considering that we went to war with China's Official Navy but I think they were established by rebels from the Song dynasty who refused to bow to the Ming dynasty). Even the Negrito aboriginals we had that treaty of land-sharing with, often identify as Visayan anyway.

And there are 5 main elementary Visayan ethnic groups; Hiligaynon, Cebuano (+Boholano, a dialect of the Cebuano language) [Most Sanskritized Visayan language, not surprising since they are a Rajahnate], Kiniray-a (A Half Malay and Half Negrito language), Waray and Akeanon. Nevertheless, we sorta mutually understand each other through limited degrees, Visayan is like some kind of pidgin language/identity between us.

Anyway. those French, Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese and Basques (Not Indo-Europeans, strictly speaking) and etc Crusaders who migrated from the Knight Hospitalier at Jerusalem, then to Rhodes, then to Malta, I guess would've developed their own argot from their shared experiences and culture and eventually took on the identity of Maltese which they also spread into Sicily due to proximity. What' interesting about them is the fact that you mentioned that they spoke an Arabic-derived language, although they used the Latin-script and a fair number of them might actually have some half-descent from Syrians, Armenians, Greeks and Hebrews (Another Semitic ethnic-group, baring the Arabs).

Selurong
02-08-2015, 01:25 PM
What I also found interesting is that the Knights of Malta (briefly had in-fiefed colonies in Nueva España)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Hospitaller_colonization.png/280px-Hospitaller_colonization.png

Jehan
02-08-2015, 02:19 PM
@alfieb

Yes France is America's truest friend, been there at America's darkest times. So I don't understand why the Americans discriminate against the French.

inferiority complex

Selurong
02-08-2015, 02:29 PM
inferiority complex

Americans having an inferiority complex towards France? :rolleyes:

Kamal900
02-08-2015, 02:56 PM
The forum seems okay, but i don't like the idea that the forum is mainly based on pan-Mediterraneanism, and the idea that every people living in North Africa, Levant, Turkey and etc is pretty stupid and dumbfounding. I mean, i feel a hell a lot closer to Arabians, West Africans(because i'm Gambian), and other non-Med middle easterners than to white southern Europeans generally. I don't like going to other forums generally, and really, i like to be in just one forum and that is the TA.

alfieb
02-08-2015, 03:46 PM
The forum seems okay, but i don't like the idea that the forum is mainly based on pan-Mediterraneanism
It's not. Ideologically, that is. We're not setting out to convince anyone that there's no difference between people fighting in the Syrian Civil War and the people who fought in the Spanish Civil War. I don't believe that myself, and it would be beyond disingenuous to suggest it were true.

But forums like this one inadvertently create barriers between people because of continent, religion, language, etc... and ************'s focus is on the Mediterranean region and discussing common ground as well as differences, rather than fanning the flames of "us vs them" that you find on far too many Anthropology forums today.

************ is not anti-Northern European, anti-Eastern European, or whatever. Those areas are simply not our focus. People from those countries, or any country for that matter are more than welcome to join. And many non-Med people have. Some liked it, some did not.

TheApricity is a European culture community that allows non-Europeans to join.
************ is a Mediterranean culture community that allows non-Mediterraneans to join.

Isleño
02-08-2015, 04:59 PM
It's plain and simple guys. If you are a mature-minded person and like discussing topics about Mediterranean countries of your interest, then join. If you don't have an interest in such a thing, then don't. It's real simple.

I personally feel it's a pleasant place and everyone seems to get along. If fighting, attitude and drama is your sort of thing, then it's probably not your cup of tea.

alfieb
02-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Not to mention we do actually discuss things other than whether or not it was warm in Greece today, if Mount Etna erupted, or what the Pope ate for lunch. The focus is on the Mediterranean but we discuss other bullshit as well. It's inevitable on a message board.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Americans having an inferiority complex towards France? :rolleyes:

Yeah, for instance, for some reason Americans think the French are classy. Most Americans are overweight or obese while the women in France have the lowest BMI in Europe. In America being overweight is associated with being low class because it brings forth visions of starving poor immigrants who stuffed their faces when they arrived and are planning for another famine(fat people live long in famines). Also, eating cheap food that is calorie macronutrient dense but not micronutrient dense is associated with lower socioeconomic classes in America and that contributes to being overweight. French cuisine looks better, tastes better and is healthier than American food that is one of the reasons the French are not fat on average. I'm also sure there are other parts of French culture that Americans have an inferiority complex to as well etc.. but I just wanted to use one example. Americans definitely have an inferiority complex when it comes to France but not countries like England and Germany etc..

Of course being of French descent I have to represent for the French in America so I am one of the few Americans who is not fat/overweight/obese.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/24/article-1173148-04A48326000005DC-459_468x368.jpg

Isleño
02-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah, for instance, for some reason Americans think the French are classy. Most Americans are fat or overweight while the women in France have the lowest BMI in Europe. In America being overweight is associated with being low class because it brings forth visions of starving poor immigrants who stuffed their faces when they arrived and are planning for another famine(fat people live long in famines). Also, eating cheap food that is macronutrient dense but not micronutrient dense is associated with lower socioeconomic classes in America and that contributes to being overweight. French cuisine looks better, tastes better and is healthier than American food that is one of the reasons the French are not fat on average. I'm also sure there are parts of French culture that Americans have an inferiority complex too as well etc.. but I just wanted to use one example. Americans definitely have an inferiority complex when it comes to France but not countries like England and Germany etc..

Of course being of French descent I have to represent for the French in America so I am one of the few Americans who is not fat/overweight/obese.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/24/article-1173148-04A48326000005DC-459_468x368.jpgEither that American stereotype is exaggerated, or somehow my state secretly gained independence. Because I don't see that many fat people where I live.

Gustave H
02-09-2015, 04:54 AM
No they're not. The only country to have participated in all Crusades to take Jerusalem was France.
(They even went at it alone at times)

Hardly the pussy-ass motherfuckers you accuse them to be.

Nevertheless. They were too centralist at times.

However, stop parading your fucking power so violently. I love Americans and I will help you even when you treated us Filipinos like shit in the Philippine-American war. But raw-power is not everything.

During the Vietnam war which America lost against Vietnam...

Guess who won Vietnam for the French? We Filipinos did (Or Spanish/Latino people born in the Philippines as well, but they're Filipino anyway too).

These are our victories in Cochinchina (We're we provided half of the troops that successfully invaded Vietnam because those Spanish-Filipino mestizos/mixed breeds, had resistances to tropical diseases which the pure-French did not)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Bi%C3%AAn_H%C3%B2a
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Tourane
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Saigon

[This was just-war for us since the Dai Viet destroyed Champa, a Malayo-Polynesian kingdom, vassal of Srivijaya and French Vietnam was an amalgamation of a Latin-Malay noble class, serving the French (Since at that time Spain's King was already a Borbon).
[Even the Emperor of Vietnam converted to Catholicism] as Vietnam's patron Saint even studied in Manila's University of Santo Thomas. And we were avenging the Cham aboriginals by disciplining the Dai-Viet invaders)

So, we have suceeded were you have failed.

Yet you have the gall to "look down" on those who clothe themselves in weakness.

You count the times (Once, in WW2) when America came and go saved France from the Nazis. How about the times the French (or even us Filipinos) saved America from the British?

However, the first official recorded history of Asian Americans fighting on behalf of the U.S. occurred in 1815 during the War of 1812.[1] General Andrew Jackson recorded that "Manilamen" had fought under his general command in defense of New Orleans, under the direct command of Jean Baptiste Lafitte.

Source: http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=16498

Yes, go look down on the French and call them sissies when they were there in all of the Crusades and saved you guys twice; In allying with America against Britain during the American war of independence and then allying with America once again in the war of 1812 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812). Do you know what sort of grace France gave to America in doing these twice? The French and British are actually cousins. In that the British Aristocracy is Norman (Which is French in origin). So they fought their own blood-cousins [the British] for the sake of a rebellious British colony (America) and allowed them to be their own nation...

Nevertheless, I do not like the way the French wield undue power and this year, the monumental Climate-change treaty will once again be signed in France, the 2015 Treaty of Paris.

As if we need another fucking treaty of Paris...

Just look at the total number of Paris Treatises we have.

Treaty of Paris (1229), ended the Albigensian Crusade
Treaty of Paris (1259), between Henry III of England and Louis IX of France
Treaty of Paris (1303), between king Philip IV of France and King Edward I of England
Treaty of Paris (1320) (fr), peace between future king Philip V of France and Robert III, Count of Flanders
Treaty of Paris (1323), count Louis of Flanders relinquished Flemish claims over Zeeland
Treaty of Paris (1355), a land exchange between France and Savoy
Treaty of Paris (1515) (fr), planning the marriage of future King Charles I of Spain and 4-year old Renée of France
Treaty of Paris (1623), between France, Savoy, and Venice against Spanish forces in Valtelline
Treaty of Paris (1626), peace between king Louis XIII and the Huguenots of La Rochelle
Treaty of Paris (1657), established military alliance between France and England against Spain
Treaty of Paris (1718) (fr), between Philip or Orléans, Regent of France and Leopold, Duke of Lorraine
Treaty of Paris (1761), established the third Bourbon Family Compact between France and Spain
Treaty of Paris (1763), ended the Seven Years' War/French and Indian War
Treaty of Paris (1783), ended the American Revolutionary War
Treaty of Paris (1784), ended the Fourth Anglo-Dutch War
Treaty of Paris (1796), ended the war between France and the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia
Treaty of Paris (1802), ended the war between France and the Ottoman Empire
Treaty of Paris (May 1806) (fr), between France and the Batavian Republic, creating the Kingdom of Holland
Treaty of Paris (July 1806) (fr), creating the Confederation of the Rhine
Treaty of Paris (1810), ended the war between France and Sweden
Treaty of Paris (1814), a peace treaty, signed on 30 May 1814, between France, and the Sixth Coalition
Treaty of Paris (1815), peace treaty, followed the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo
Treaty of Paris (1856), ended the Crimean War
Treaty of Paris (1857), ended the Anglo-Persian War
Treaty of Paris (1898), ended the Spanish–American War
Treaty of Paris (1900), ended all conflicting claims between France and Spain over Río Muni
Treaty of Paris (1918) (fr), between France and Monaco adapting provisions of the Franco-Monegasque Treaty of 1861 in the contexte of the Monaco succession crisis of 1918
Treaty of Paris (1920), united Bessarabia and Romania
Treaties of Paris that ended World War I:
Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye (1919), with Austria
Treaty of Neuilly-sur-Seine, with Bulgaria
Treaty of Versailles, with Germany
Treaty of Trianon, with Hungary
Treaty of Sèvres, with the Ottoman Empire
Paris Peace Treaties, 1947, formally established peace between the World War II Allies and Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Romania and Finland
Treaty of Paris (1951), established the European Coal and Steel Community
Bonn–Paris conventions (1952), putting an end to the Allied occupation of West Germany
Treaty of Paris (1952), creating the still-born European Defence Community
Paris Peace Accords (1973), ended American involvement in the Vietnam War
Dayton Agreement (1995, formally signed in Paris), ending the Bosnia War

Why don't they forge the treaty, in let's say, Tacloban and call it the Treaty of Tacloban (Which climate change had destroyed via the most powerful storm ever recorded) or make it the Aral Treaty (In remembrance of the Aral-Sea, an entire Sea that died because of Climate Change).

Instead, it's once again the Treaty of Paris.

We'll I don't really care about that though and I have mostly been over the French (And Americans) for the violence they did unto us in the 1898 treaty of Paris. (Where Spain sold us to America for a mere 20 Million Dollas) at which time the Filipinos were 7.8 Million in number. Thus, the cost of every soul born in the Philippines then was a mere 2 dollars and 80 cents per person.

Lol WTF. Each Filipino was sold at a cheaper price than the African slaves.

Which according to scholars, say, was sold as high as $ 400 per slave.

Nah, I don't harbor a grudge against France and America now since I find it totally funny. XD

But shit-fuck, I'm just saying this so you guys would realize how insensitive and bad-mannered you appear to others.

That is all.

God Bless America! (I actually love Americans. I don't hate them)

Sorry, I don't have time to read your long bullshit filled posts.

AverageKorhonen
02-09-2015, 05:04 AM
Either that American stereotype is exaggerated, or somehow my state secretly gained independence. Because I don't see that many fat people where I live.

People watching is not science. Can you refute Desaix DeBurgh with evidence just like he did?

AverageKorhonen
02-09-2015, 05:06 AM

alfieb
02-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I don't have time to read your long bullshit filled posts.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that you do.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 12:02 PM
People watching is not science. Can you refute Desaix DeBurgh with evidence just like he did?

http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/fattest-states-2014-big.jpg

Apparently his eyes are lying to him. Louisiana 3rd most obese state in USA.

Alchemysta
02-09-2015, 12:04 PM
alfieb plss

Selurong
02-09-2015, 12:44 PM

He wouldn't react so violently, if he hasn't read that. XD

Selurong
02-09-2015, 12:54 PM
On an unrelated note.

There's another Sicilian who piqued my interest lately (Asides from Alfieb)

Ariana Grande

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qU7p7yOY8

dawson
02-09-2015, 12:57 PM
was it created by Sikeliot?

sioned
02-09-2015, 01:00 PM
It's plain and simple guys. If you are a mature-minded person and like discussing topics about Mediterranean countries of your interest, then join. If you don't have an interest in such a thing, then don't. It's real simple.

I personally feel it's a pleasant place and everyone seems to get along. If fighting, attitude and drama is your sort of thing, then it's probably not your cup of tea.

Exactly1 I joined because im interested in European issues, im not involved in the Muslem or African parts of that forum, as im not keen on that, thus I ignore these parts, seem as I ignore on the Apricity the Turkish and albanian section. on the end of the day, its just that; a forum...simply as that :) Or did you guys even think that all peoiple on Stormfront are actually ''white''or all people previously posting on Skadi were Germanics? get reall.

Selurong
02-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Both Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus are of the same age from the same generation and are both Americans.

But Miley Cyrus enjoys being a crass person.
http://trainingyournextgreatdj.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Miley-Cyrus-Twerk.jpg

While Ariana Grande is very classy.
http://thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ariana-grande-that-grape-juice-99.png

Ariana Grande, Sicilian upbringing, me gusto. XD

Selurong
02-09-2015, 01:07 PM
was it created by Sikeliot?

He's a member there. Lol.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Both Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus are of the same age from the same generation and are both Americans.

But Miley Cyrus enjoys being a crass person.
http://trainingyournextgreatdj.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Miley-Cyrus-Twerk.jpg

While Ariana Grande is very classy.
http://thatgrapejuice.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ariana-grande-that-grape-juice-99.png

Ariana Grande, Sicilian upbringing, me gusto. XD

Ariana Grande is dating a black rapper named Big Sean who has some very crude songs, so I don't know how much of a traditional Sicilian woman she is. :p

Selurong
02-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Ariana Grande is dating a black rapper named Big Sean who has some very crude songs, so I don't know how much of a traditional Sicilian woman she is. :p

I think she is truly a classy and traditional woman.

And about marrying people more crude than you.
That's ok. That's how we roll. We're simply investing in the future.
(Their children will justify the expense)

The crass Muslims were eventually expelled from Spain because all the half-Arab sons of the captured Spanish princesses preferred to emulate the virtuosity and love of their mothers than the power hungriness of their fathers. All the while, secretly supporting their pure-bred "Old Christian" cousins who they had a closer and richer relationship (In the war-torn epics of the Peninsula vis-a-vis the stagnant environment at the Caliphate's capital in Baghdad) ...

If followed, these are one of the ways to unravel the rot of the current American Pop-culture system, by emulating how Spain conquered it's conqueror through silent or hidden power.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
I think she is truly a classy and traditional woman.

And about marrying people more crude than you.
That's ok. That's how we roll. We're simply investing in the future.

The crass Muslims were eventually expelled from Spain because all the half-Arab sons of the captured Spanish princesses preferred to emulate the virtuosity and love of their mothers than the power hungriness of their fathers. All the while, secretly supporting their pure-bred "Old Christian" cousins...

If followed, these are one of the ways to unravel the rot of the current American Pop-culture system, by emulating how Spain conquered it's conqueror through silent or hidden power.

I feel bad for her. She was raised to think that being Sicilian is no different from being a normal Italian, but she was told one day that her blood is Greek and Arabic and that blew her mind and made her rethink her entire identity.

Selurong
02-09-2015, 01:46 PM
I feel bad for her. She was raised to think that being Sicilian is no different from being a normal Italian, but she was told one day that her blood is Greek and Arabic and that blew her mind and made her rethink her entire identity.

Shucks! Out goes the grace of being beautiful without knowing you are beautiful.

XD

I hope she doesn't turn into another Sikeliot (Now that she knows she's part Greek and part Arabic).

Still, I admire her gracefulness.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Or her Gracile-ness. :lol:

Selurong
02-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Oh Roman civilization.

Dumb "Brusque" blondes (Nordics) like Miley Cyrus [Sorry Miley, you are a good person but you are reinforcing a stereotype] can't really compare to them "gracile" (And by gracile, well-behaved and with good breeding) Meds.

Iloko
02-09-2015, 02:04 PM
The forum is superb, I post there from time to time because Meds kick butt. Plus it has a cool looking layout. Just needs to pass out more internet flyers to increase member count.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Either that American stereotype is exaggerated, or somehow my state secretly gained independence. Because I don't see that many fat people where I live.

Whatever, dude, at least 66% of Americans are either overweight or obese. Your state has the third largest obesity rate, in the country, at about 34% which doesn't even count all the overweight, but not obese, people that are also in you state. It is not a stereotype it is a fact that Americans are fat. I'm not fat though because I have to represent for the French in America by not being the typical fat American slob. If you don't have an inferiority complex, towards the French, you probably have one now :

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/4d/4df9d55a3b5c6b3e84f15d29bebb011b490f973ac20c33d2c3 28b4d378b99d65.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e9/e9497f5ab4e3621a705a17b0fa2a7e68fc9bb415dee16642f8 a9de48bb0f4342.jpg

http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/usanumber1.jpeg

French women :

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02413/french_2413103b.jpg

http://www.missysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Picnik-collage2.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/66/41/66414aa4b6b968ea3530af73b57644e7.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/24/article-1173148-04A48326000005DC-459_468x368.jpg

http://calorielab.com/news/wp-images/post-images/fattest-states-2014-big.jpg

Darth Revan
02-09-2015, 03:48 PM
French women :

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02413/french_2413103b.jpg

http://www.missysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Picnik-collage2.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/66/41/66414aa4b6b968ea3530af73b57644e7.jpg

Confirmed. You've never been in France.
Otherwise you wouldn't spouse Hollywoodesque inaccurate stereotypes. 1/100 girls in France dresses like that probably, maybe less.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 03:51 PM
When I "knew" of this DeBurgh fellow, he identified as being Irish. I guess when he found out his surname was of Norman origin, he decided it would be more cool to be a Frenchman. I've had him on ignore since he joined here, or I'd ask why the transformation.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Confirmed. You've never been in France.
Otherwise you wouldn't spouse Hollywoodesque inaccurate stereotypes. 1/100 girls in France dresses like that probably, maybe less.

The middle picture really isn't all that innacurate, depending on the region, however, I guess you are a retard who completely missed the point. Those were real French women, whether dressed up stereotypically or not, the point was to show that French women are not fat not what kind of clothes they wear you fucking retard. Who cares what kind of clothes they wear ? Most men do not like fat women. Fat women are unfuckable and skew the dating market making thin American women think they are god's gift to men just because most American women are fat etc.. Men have it much better in countries were most women are thin, like France, because the average thin woman isn't super stuck up thinking she is god's gift to men just because she is not fat.

Darth Revan
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM
The middle picture really isn't all that innacurate, depending on the region, however, I guess you are a retard who completely missed the point. Those were real French women, whether dressed up stereotypically or not, the point was to show that French women are not fat not what kind of clothes they wear you fucking retard. Who cares what kind of clothes they wear ? Most men do not like fat women. Fat women are unfuckable and skew the dating market making thin American women think they are god's gift to men just because most American women are fat etc.. Men have it much better in countries were most women are thin, like France, because the average thin woman isn't super stuck up thinking she is god's gift to men just because she is not fat.

You've never been in France.
I lived several years in France.

There is nothing you can tell me about it from your position.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 04:19 PM
When I "knew" of this DeBurgh fellow, he identified as being Irish. I guess when he found out his surname was of Norman origin, he decided it would be more cool to be a Frenchman. I've had him on ignore since he joined here, or I'd ask why the transformation.

It is not that simple. Not only is my last name of Norman origin but through all of my grandmother's ancestors are basically from Alsace-Lorraine France and then throw in the fact that there are more people of my phenotype in France then in Britain and then you see why I identify as French. I don't like Irish (Celtic), I don't look Anglo-Saxon(Germanic peasants) but I look more French so why not identify with the winning invaders, the French or Normans, rather then the conquered peasants : Celts and Anglo-Saxons ?

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 04:23 PM
You've never been in France.
I lived several years in France.

There is nothing you can tell me about it from your position.

What does you having lived in France have to do with American women being fat and French women being thing you fucking retard ? You are not even ethnically European. I don't even dress like the average American but in sports coats, ties, dress pants and European handmade shoes etc.. (I'm not saying the Average Frenchman dresses that way just that I wouldn't stick out as being American, in France, since Americans wear sneakers and jeans etc..) if both of us were to walk through France, with neither one of us opening our mouths, I could more easily pass as a native then you can. No matter how many times you visit France or live in France you will never be ethnically French. So fuck you !

Selurong
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM

Sa-yang!

Why did he choose to be French now, despite having obvious Irish origins?

Your family-name is not necessarily your national-origin. My friend has a Basque surname but I'm sure he's more proud of being considered an ordinary person than claiming any long long diluted racial factor that will elevate him above someone else.

Freaking changeling that DeBurgh fellow is.

Gustave H
02-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Off yourself, fattie

alfieb
02-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Off yourself, fattie

You will before I do. Severe mental illness makes that a safe bet.

Gustave H
02-09-2015, 05:22 PM
You will before I do.

Nope. Your obesity will give you a heart attack years before I go off the deep end and blow my brains out, take cyanide, etc.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 05:24 PM
blow my brains out, take cyanide, etc.
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/017/4/c/follow_your_leader_stencil_by_killingspr-d4moil6.jpg

Not encouraging it, just couldn't pass up the gift-wrapped opportunity to make a Hitler+suicide reference.

I have a BMI of 25. Sorry to break it to you, but in my family we all live into our 80s or 90s.

Gustave H
02-09-2015, 05:27 PM
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/017/4/c/follow_your_leader_stencil_by_killingspr-d4moil6.jpg

Not encouraging it, just couldn't pass up the gift-wrapped opportunity to make a Hitler+suicide reference.

I have a BMI of 25. Sorry to break it to you, but in my family we all live into our 80s or 90s.

I don't have a leader. I have a BMI of 20. You're overweight. hehe

Darth Revan
02-09-2015, 05:29 PM
What does you having lived in France have to do with American women being fat and French women being thing you fucking retard ? You are not even ethnically European. I don't even dress like the average American but in sports coats, ties, dress pants and European handmade shoes etc.. (I'm not saying the Average Frenchman dresses that way just that I wouldn't stick out as being American, in France, since Americans wear sneakers and jeans etc..) if both of us were to walk through France, with neither one of us opening our mouths, I could more easily pass as a native then you can. No matter how many times you visit France or live in France you will never be ethnically French. So fuck you !

lel, asperger.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 05:31 PM
In your 20s, 25 is considered borderline. In your 30s, 25 is fine.

I'll be 30 way sooner than I'd like.

lel, asperger.
On ABF, he's known as Angie [Angevin] the Aspie.

Mn The Loki TA Son
02-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Grande, great. I think. More normal regular people and a good leader of the ******* empire.

SKYNET
02-09-2015, 05:40 PM
what ethnicities does have your forums?

alfieb
02-09-2015, 05:45 PM
what ethnicities does have your forums?

In terms of ethnic forums, we have....

Catalunya
España
Euskal Herria
France
Occitania
Portugal
Corsica
Italia
Malta
Sardigna
Sicilia
Vaticanæ
Balgariya
Bosna
Crna Gora
Elláda
FYROM
Hrvatska
Kosova
România
Shqipëria
Slovenija
Srbija
Armãnji
Rromane dźene
Canarias
Al-Jazā'ir
Lībyā
Al-Maghrib
Tūnis
Aššur
Falasṭīn
Kurdistan
Kuzey Kibris
Kýpros
Libnān
Miṣr
as-Sūdān
Sūriyā
Türkiye
Al-'Urdunn
Yisrā'el
Apsny
Artsakh
Azərbaycan
Hayastan
Noxçiyçö
Sakartvelo
América Latina
Anglosphere
Horn of Africa
Pilipinas
Víkingr

In terms of the posters, I think someone said before in this thread that we're all Mexicans apparently. :naughty:

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 05:50 PM
lel, asperger.

Oh, wow, so all a sudden the idiot who made the irrelevant point about women's clothing (maybe you are gay that you care so much about women's fashion ?) that had nothing to do with my post about fat women etc.. has all of a sudden morphed into a doctor who is qualified to classify me as having aspergers ? I hate to break it to you , retard, but I have been formally tested for aspergers, by a qualified doctor, last year, at the Sullivan County Department of Community Services and he came to the conclusion that I don't have it. I guess I should tell this expert doctor that you disagree since you are more qualifications then him retard ? I see that Alfieb is now also a doctor. Since, Alfieb is a fat American slob with a BMI of 25 he is obviously walking living proof that doctors know alot about health and take it seriously. Alfieb, please tell us the secrets of how to get a healthy body of a fat slob, oh , wise doctor.

Darth Revan
02-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Oh, wow, so all a sudden the idiot who made the irrelevant point about women's clothing (maybe you are gay that you care so much about women's fashion ?) that had nothing to do with the topic has all of a sudden morphed into a doctor who is qualified to classify me as having aspergers ? I hate to break it to you , retard, but I have been formally tested for aspergers, by a qualified doctor, last year, and he came to the conclusion that I don't have it. I see that Alfieb is now also a doctor. Since, Alfieb is a fat American slob with a BMI of 25 he is obviously walking living proof that doctors know alot about health and take it seriously. Alfieb, please tell us the secrets of how to get a healthy body of a fat slob, oh , wise doctor.

lel, family must have been worried.

SKYNET
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
In terms of ethnic forums, we have....

Catalunya
España
Euskal Herria
France
Occitania
Portugal
Corsica
Italia
Malta
Sardigna
Sicilia
Vaticanæ
Balgariya
Bosna
Crna Gora
Elláda
FYROM
Hrvatska
Kosova
România
Shqipëria
Slovenija
Srbija
Armãnji
Rromane dźene
Canarias
Al-Jazā'ir
Lībyā
Al-Maghrib
Tūnis
Aššur
Falasṭīn
Kurdistan
Kuzey Kibris
Kýpros
Libnān
Miṣr
as-Sūdān
Sūriyā
Türkiye
Al-'Urdunn
Yisrā'el
Apsny
Artsakh
Azərbaycan
Hayastan
Noxçiyçö
Sakartvelo
América Latina
Anglosphere
Horn of Africa
Pilipinas
Víkingr

In terms of the posters, I think someone said before in this thread that we're all Mexicans apparently. :naughty:

some countries in that list I can't even recognize lol

alfieb
02-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Well, since you quoted his post now I've had to go and see it. :picard1:

I got a BMI of 25 by eating what I want to eat, which is generally not good for you, and by being a borderline alcoholic, which is generally not good for you. But I recall you boasting about drinking alone at 4 in the morning numerous times, so you're probably not much better than I am in that regard.

But being that I live in New York City and I don't own a car, I do a lot of walking, which is good for my cardiovascular health, so I can't complain.

My BMI had been higher. I lost 20 pounds through portion control and exercise. I have no interest in losing more weight, or gaining more weight. I am content.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 05:57 PM
lel, family must have been worried.

lol, you are minority genetic trash with inferior genetics that dictate that your biological offspring will have a lower regression to the mean (in IQ) than mine. You must be worried about the potential fate of your offspring if you ever manage to actually copulate.

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 05:58 PM
edited out

Darth Revan
02-09-2015, 05:58 PM
lol, you are minority genetic trash with inferior genetics that dictate that your biological offspring will have a lower regression to the mean (in IQ) than mine. You must be worried about the potential fate of your offspring if you ever manage to actually copulate.

Doing a pretty bad job proving you're not asperger.

alfieb
02-09-2015, 06:01 PM

https://www.google.it/#q=site:forumbiodiversity.com+angevin+iq

It's all he talks about.

Darth Revan
02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
https://www.google.it/#q=site:forumbiodiversity.com+angevin+iq

It's all he talks about.

I also study diction.
His repeated tendency to never use colons between ideas, run-over sentences, and overall repetitive use of unrelated terms, are clear examples of a mind who is uncapable of correctly processing information, or keeping accurate concentration.

The first thing that is always noticeable in his posts, is how poorly constructed they are.
They are sometimes reminiscent of a theater/literary genre called 'absurdist', precisely for a reason:

The theme of incomprehensibility is coupled with the inadequacy of language to form meaningful human connections.[25] According to Martin Esslin, Absurdism is "the inevitable devaluation of ideals, purity, and purpose"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_of_the_Absurd#Theatrical_features

Desaix DeBurgh
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM

I don't have to prove to anyone here that I'm not aspergers. I know, myself for a fact, that a qualified professional expert doctor says I don't have it and that is good enough for me. I really don't care what anyone else here thinks :

By a peculiar weakness of human nature, people generally think too much about the opinion which others form of them; although the slightest reflection will show that this opinion, whatever it may be, is not in itself essential to happiness ... Now, it is obvious that happiness, which consists for the most part in peace of mind and contentment, would be served by nothing so much as by reducing this impulse of human nature within reasonable limits— which would perhaps make it one fiftieth part of what it is now. By doing so, we should get rid of a thorn in the flesh which is always causing us pain. But it is a very difficult task, because the impulse in question is a natural and innate perversity of human nature. Tacitus says, The lust of fame is the last that a wise man shakes off37 The only way of putting an end to this universal folly is to see clearly that it is a folly; and this may be done by recognizing the fact that most of the opinions in men’s heads are apt to be false, perverse, erroneous and absurd, and so in themselves unworthy of attention; further, that other people’s opinions can have very little real and positive influence upon us in most of the circumstances and affairs of life. --Arthur Schopenhauer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Schopenhauer.jpg/250px-Schopenhauer.jpg

Seraph of the End
02-09-2015, 06:41 PM

It is not that simple. Not only is my last name of Norman origin but through all of my grandmother's ancestors are basically from Alsace-Lorraine France and then throw in the fact that there are more people of my phenotype in France then in Britain and then you see why I identify as French. I don't like Irish (Celtic), I don't look Anglo-Saxon(Germanic peasants) but I look more French so why not identify with the winning invaders, the French or Normans, rather then the conquered peasants : Celts and Anglo-Saxons ?

Oh, wow, so all a sudden the idiot who made the irrelevant point about women's clothing (maybe you are gay that you care so much about women's fashion ?) that had nothing to do with my post about fat women etc.. has all of a sudden morphed into a doctor who is qualified to classify me as having aspergers ? I hate to break it to you , retard, but I have been formally tested for aspergers, by a qualified doctor, last year, at the Sullivan County Department of Community Services and he came to the conclusion that I don't have it. I guess I should tell this expert doctor that you disagree since you are more qualifications then him retard ? I see that Alfieb is now also a doctor. Since, Alfieb is a fat American slob with a BMI of 25 he is obviously walking living proof that doctors know alot about health and take it seriously. Alfieb, please tell us the secrets of how to get a healthy body of a fat slob, oh , wise doctor.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/21o4osy.jpg

alfieb
02-10-2015, 09:13 AM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/21o4osy.jpg

And now you people know why I've had this sad sack on ignore for 3 years.

Isleño
02-13-2015, 03:46 AM
Forum ******* is a really good forum, one of the better ones I've seen. Quality members, very low troll activity (if any), nice layout, overall good feel, etc. Check it out for yourselves.

Mortimer
02-13-2015, 03:47 AM
************ is cool

Isleño
02-13-2015, 03:53 AM
************ is cool

Yes it is.

Mn The Loki TA Son
02-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Forum ******* is a really good forum, one of the better ones I've seen. Quality members, very low troll activity (if any), nice layout, overall good feel, etc. Check it out for yourselves.

Yes, I agree with this. Despite FN being smaller, not big as TA, I say is a really good forum. I repeat this post after you here. Yes.

alfieb
02-13-2015, 02:08 PM

You're an admin there. Your opinion is about as unbiased on the matter as mine is. ;)

************ is cool

Now this endorsement actually means something, as he is not on staff and was kind enough to donate.

sioned
02-13-2015, 02:38 PM
************ is a good forum, looks a bit like TA, only less bussier, but that doesnt bother me. Less traffic isnt Always a negative thing...Personly I think the forum should open for guests to read, because it would increase the membership, but the debate about that turned to the ones who want it closed...Increase membership on FN could benefit the site, i would like to see some people with celtic, Germanic backgrounds,,...TA is a very bussy forum, and in fairness i must admit i sometimes hav difficult to keep track here...But thats because im used to post on lesser active foras...

alfieb
02-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Northwestern Europeans of Celtic+Germanic backgrounds are more than welcome to join and we value their contributions.

That said, some will inevitably be turned off by the orientation of the site, just as I'm sure there were some Southern Europeans that were turned off here by the initial Nordicist orientation of early Apricity which promoted pan-Germanic culture and was hostile towards racemixing. Forums evolve, but I doubt we'll depart too strongly from our orientation, given that the forum was created with that purpose.

Isleño
02-14-2015, 01:53 AM
You're an admin there. Your opinion is about as unbiased on the matter as mine is. ;) Sure, but that would be my impression even if I were not an administrator there. I'm a supermod here and I can't make the same exact comment, even if I can say the same about half of the comment. Just as at Forum *******, the layout here is nice and the feel of the site can be nice, but I can't say that most of the people are quality members or that there is low troll activity. I don't need a staff position to make these observations :)

Ianus
02-15-2015, 09:29 AM
************ is calm and there aren't trolls, moderation is easy.

Isleño
02-16-2015, 04:46 AM
************ is calm and there aren't trolls, moderation is easy.Very true. I think people who have been there to experience it notice that.