PDA

View Full Version : Assyrian Fighter Killed in Syria Hailed

European Knight
02-13-2015, 09:41 AM
http://www.aina.org/images/20150211203446.jpg
Posted 2015-02-12 01:36 GMT

First Martyr of Assyrian Military Council, "Athro" Tamer Darwish (photo: Syriac Military Council).A fighter killed in a battle with ISIS militants was hailed Wednesday as the "first martyr" from the ranks of a Syriac [Assyrian] militia in northeastern Syria. The Syriac Military Council, whose armed wing is known widely by the name Suturo, posted video footage to YouTube of the funeral of Tamer Darwish in the city of Hassakeh. The militia said that Darwish, known by his nom de guerre "Athro" (homeland), was killed in clashes Sunday near the village of Tal Hormiz on the Khabur river with ISIS. The Syriac Military Council, which is based in Hassakeh province, said Darwish, 42, was married and had three children.

http://www.aina.org/news/20150211203609.htm

Profileid
04-19-2015, 04:06 AM
They have suffered as much as anybody in this.A real shame seeing how they are direct descendants of that old empire.It is good they are stepping up to fight though.

Shah-Jehan
04-19-2015, 04:37 AM
He's Syriac, not Assyrian.

Elms
04-19-2015, 05:22 AM
He's Syriac, not Assyrian.

Syriacs are Assyrian, but I don't expect a Muslim to be honest.

Elms
04-19-2015, 05:25 AM
They have suffered as much as anybody in this.A real shame seeing how they are direct descendants of that old empire.It is good they are stepping up to fight though.

Nope, we've suffered more. Our population is going extinct in the Middle East, while Muslims(of all ethnic backgrounds) are growing all over our ancestral homeland. Our ancient sites are being destroyed(Nimrud, Nineveh, Dur-Shurrikan, 19th century church in Syria, etc.) and we have limited support.

Profileid
04-19-2015, 05:41 AM
Nope, we've suffered more. Our population is going extinct in the Middle East, while Muslims(of all ethnic backgrounds) are growing all over our ancestral homeland. Our ancient sites are being destroyed(Nimrud, Nineveh, Dur-Shurrikan, 19th century church in Syria, etc.) and we have limited support.

Who are you ?

Elms
04-19-2015, 05:45 AM
Who are you ?

I don't post here very often and mostly am on ABF.

Profileid
04-19-2015, 05:47 AM
I don't post here very often and mostly am on ABF.

I meant your ethnicity. You said "we" as in your people and I wondered who they were.

Elms
04-19-2015, 05:51 AM
I meant your ethnicity. You said "we" as in your people and I wondered who they were.

I'm Assyrian/Armenian American.

Profileid
04-19-2015, 05:54 AM
I'm Assyrian/Armenian American.

^
Ah.I was referring to the Assyrians with this quote here.Truly a shame.

Böri
04-19-2015, 06:00 AM
A drop in the sea after four years of civil war and hundreds of thousands victims. So he is first victim from that community. Opening special thread for this it's like considering this community superior race. They are just bunch of Christian hewals from Hassakah region.

Halgurd
04-19-2015, 06:00 AM
SEHID NAMIRIN! (Martyrs are immortal)

Elms
04-19-2015, 06:34 AM
^
Ah.I was referring to the Assyrians with this quote here.Truly a shame.

I know, but I was saying we've suffered more since we've already been exterminated from Iran and Turkey. Iraq and Syria are where the majority of our remaining population lives, and we are slowly being killed off from their, physically, historically, and religiously.

Elms
04-19-2015, 06:35 AM
A drop in the sea after four years of civil war and hundreds of thousands victims. So he is first victim from that community. Opening special thread for this it's like considering this community superior race. They are just bunch of Christian hewals from Hassakah region.

Oh look, another terrible Muslim. No surprise that you don't care, when your country is actively stopping Assyrians and Armenians from fleeing to Armenia from Iraq and Syria.

Böri
04-19-2015, 06:49 AM
Oh look, another terrible Muslim. No surprise that you don't care, when your country is actively stopping Assyrians and Armenians from fleeing to Armenia from Iraq and Syria.

Not really as there are 100k illegal Armenians in Turkey fleeing poverty in Armenia. They feed themselves in Turkey, I am sure more than half of them hate Turks and would claim lands. This is the sort of people you are Kim Kardashians.

Elms
04-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Not really as there are 100k illegal Armenians in Turkey fleeing poverty in Armenia. They feed themselves in Turkey, I am sure more than half of them hate Turks and would claim lands. This is the sort of people you are Kim Kardashians.
Anything to justify genocide on your part, isn't that right? You Muslims never learn and that's why the Middle East(including Turkey and Egypt) will always be failures. The only reason Turkey is nominally more successful than Armenia only because Turkey didn't suffer under communism and Turkey has a larger country/population with access to two seas and even some natural resources.

Böri
04-19-2015, 06:59 AM
Armenians, Assyrians and Syriacs are failures. Turkey has 16th strongest economy in the world and 8th strongest army. Say to your brothers to avoid Turkey. Show self esteem level not to seek opportunities in country of people you hate.

Elms
04-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Armenians, Assyrians and Syriacs are failures. Turkey has 16th strongest economy in the world and 8th strongest army. Say to your brothers to avoid Turkey. Show self esteem level not to seek opportunities in country of people you hate.

Yet diaspora Turks in Europe haven't returned. Why is that, if it's apparently so successful?

We were there first, we don't need to leave.

Syriacs are Assyrians.

Böri
04-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Turks dont hate Germans. They don't want to kill them, they don't claim anything Germans have. Armenians hate Turks but go to Turkey for opportunities. This is self esteem lack you see in all Middle Eastern Christian folks. Armenians, Coptes, Chaldeans, Assyrians, Maronites.

Elms
04-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Turks dont hate Germans. They don't want to kill them, they don't claim anything Germans have. Armenians hate Turks but go to Turkey for opportunities. This is self esteem lack you see in all Middle Eastern Christian folks. Armenians, Coptes, Chaldeans, Assyrians, Maronites.

Of course Turks don't hate Germans. Germany helped the Ottomans exterminate Christians during WWI and endorsed Nazism in Iraq during WWII.

Armenians are entitled to what ever Turkey has "accomplished" since Turkey and Azerbaijan have caused problems for Armenia.

Chaldeans are Assyrians.

Most Middle Eastern Christians are stateless. They can't all leave the region for the West because of immigration policies. We're also more native than you Muslims, so it's our land more than yours.

Böri
04-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Armenians are entitled to what ever Turkey has "accomplished" since Turkey and Azerbaijan have caused problems for Armenia.

This sentence proves my point. ME Christians have huge lack of shame and self esteem also absent. You are sort of Christian Kurds. You arent entitled to anything as you cant do anything by your own. You just try to leech others, others who you hate and would kill if any opportunity found. You are all low quality peoples who should be avoided.

Bergen
04-19-2015, 07:59 AM
If Assyrians will leave all western countries and return to their middle eastern homes, then they will get my support.

Shah-Jehan
04-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Syriacs are Assyrian, but I don't expect a Muslim to be honest.

That's what I thought about a year ago, but a person identifying as Syriac corrected me.

Yeah, I'm practicing Taqiyya basically, the Supreme Islamic council is paying me by the hour.

Sikeliot
04-19-2015, 07:27 PM

Turkey is successful because it is a secular nation. Show me one successful Muslim nation that does not make its money from natural resources or trade with the West.

Shah-Jehan
04-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Turkey is successful because it is a secular nation. Show me one successful Muslim nation that does not make its money from natural resources or trade with the West.

All countries trade with the west. No country that is successful exists that doesn't trade with the west.

Sikeliot
04-19-2015, 07:32 PM
All countries trade with the west. No country that is successful exists that doesn't trade with the west.

Show me a successful Muslim country that doesn't have oil.

Elms
04-19-2015, 07:44 PM
That's what I thought about a year ago, but a person identifying as Syriac corrected me.

Syriac-Arameans are a minority of our community in Europe(namely Germany and Sweden) that identify as Syriac/Aramean because of a corrupt branch of their church(Syriac Orthodox Church, formerly known as Assyrian Orthodox Church) that brainwashed them.

Chaldean-Babylonians are another minority of our community, but mostly located in Anglo countries + France that identify as Chaldean/Babylonian because of corruption of their church under Baathist Iraq.

Most Assyrians(Church of the East, Syriac Orthodox, Chaldean Catholic, Assyrian Protestant) identify as Assyrian, but some of the more uneducated(read religious) are ignorant of their own history and rely on their corrupt churches that have been basically purchased by Arabs.

Yeah, I'm practicing Taqiyya basically, the Supreme Islamic council is paying me by the hour.
We all knew that already. ;)

Shah-Jehan
04-19-2015, 07:45 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c2/Oil_producing_countries_map.png/1024px-Oil_producing_countries_map.png
majority of the world or its most significant states all have oil reserves. Even Bangladesh has oil reserves, but not enough to fill its needs.

Malaysia in that field, qualified as a oil-producing nation, but its revenue from oil is low compared to its other sectors and is comparatively richer than countries with similar geographical perspective that are non-Muslim and also oil-producing such as Vietnam or Philippines.

Though, I guess, we should blame the Islamic religion for most of these nation's misfortunes, just like we should blame Hinduism for decadence of India or Nepal and praise mighty prosperous christian nations such as Philippines.

Elms
04-19-2015, 07:49 PM
This sentence proves my point. ME Christians have huge lack of shame and self esteem also absent. You are sort of Christian Kurds. You arent entitled to anything as you cant do anything by your own. You just try to leech others, others who you hate and would kill if any opportunity found. You are all low quality peoples who should be avoided.

I'm basically an assimilated diasporan. Don't take my response too seriously. Ask Musso what he thinks.

We're not "Christian Kurds" you Turkified Kurd. It's funny that a Muslim Turk out of all people is crying about morality.

Böri
04-19-2015, 07:49 PM

Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia. Ottomans and Seljuks were sharia states and among the most succesful and advanced in their times. You can't explain these things so simply as you try. Middle Eastern Christians are seculars but fail for example, like Armenians.

dawson
04-19-2015, 08:50 PM

Jordan

Profileid
04-20-2015, 01:26 AM

Name me an instance where they are being considered the superior race.They are an ethnic and religious community, indeed one that has lived in the region since before recorded history and deserve protection as does any other group of people.

StonyArabia
04-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Jordan

Jordan is successful but it has long way to go it's also mostly a homogeneous nation.

Iron Sheik
04-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Lol.... they seriously are a wing of the YPG. Even the uniform and the flag against the background. They're not christian knights for sure. What a bunch of pussies. They have to rely on islamic ethnicities to fight their own battles.

Profileid
04-21-2015, 03:24 AM
Jordan is successful but it has long way to go it's also mostly a homogeneous nation.

being homogenous is a bad thing?

StonyArabia
04-21-2015, 03:26 AM
being homogenous is a bad thing?

No it's often better for nations to work