PDA

View Full Version : New Zealander Dad fight against disgusting Armenian behavior

gültekin
02-13-2015, 10:35 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Lifestyle/HT_samuel_forrest_3_sk_150205_v16x9_16x9_992.jpg

http://www.ryot.org/dad-refused-abandon-baby-syndrome-even-wife-threatened-divorce/920667
When a child in Armenia is born with Down syndrome parents can choose whether to keep the baby or place it for adoption.

“What happens when a baby like this is born here, they will tell you that you don’t have to keep them,” Samuel Forrest told ABC News.

Forest didn’t know about this little fact until he was given an ultimatum by his wife: give up the baby or she would get a divorce.

Forest chose his son Leo.

“They took me in see him and I looked at this guy and I said, he’s beautiful — he’s perfect and I’m absolutely keeping him,” Forest said.

One week later, he received divorce papers from his wife, who abandoned the baby because she was ashamed of his disorder.

Forest wrote that, “health professionals estimate that 98 percent of all Down syndrome babies born in Armenia are abandoned, every year. These abandoned babies are often placed in squalid orphanages, where they live and die, rejected and forgotten by society.”

Now, Forest has set up a GoFundMe page that will allow him and Leo to move back to his home in New Zealand where family are eager to meet the newborn baby boy.

With the help of strangers from all over the world, Forest has raised over $300,000 enough to help him and Leo start a new life together.

Some of the additional funds raised will be going to orphanages and programs in Armenia that houses abandoned babies with Down syndrome.

When Samuel Forrest of Armenia heard a baby crying from outside his wife's hospital room, he knew his life would change forever.
http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/dad-refuses-give-newborn-son-syndrome/story?id=28756025&cid=fb_wn

Not only had he become a father, but he would soon receive some unexpected news about his newborn son.

"This pediatrician walks out of the room with a little bundle -- that was Leo," Forrest said. "She had his face covered up and hospital authorities wouldn't let me see him or my wife. When the doctor came out, he said 'there’s a real problem with your son.'

Forrest followed doctors and nurses into a room where he'd finally get to meet his baby.

"When I walked into the room they all turned to me and said 'Leo has Down syndrome," he told ABC News. "I had a few moments of shock."

After the news had sunk in, Forrest held Leo for the very first time.
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Lifestyle/HT_samuel_forrest_1_sk_150205_4x3_992.jpg

When Samuel Forrest of Armenia heard a baby crying from outside his wife's hospital room, he knew his life would change forever.

Not only had he become a father, but he would soon receive some unexpected news about his newborn son.

"This pediatrician walks out of the room with a little bundle -- that was Leo," Forrest said. "She had his face covered up and hospital authorities wouldn't let me see him or my wife. When the doctor came out, he said 'there’s a real problem with your son.'

Down Syndrome: A Year of Grief and Joy

Forrest followed doctors and nurses into a room where he'd finally get to meet his baby.

"When I walked into the room they all turned to me and said 'Leo has Down syndrome," he told ABC News. "I had a few moments of shock."

After the news had sunk in, Forrest held Leo for the very first time.

"They took me in see him and I looked at this guy and I said, he's beautiful -- he's perfect and I'm absolutely keeping him."

Soon Forrest walked into his wife's hospital room with Leo in his arms.

Her reaction was unlike one he ever expected.

"I got the ultimatum right then," he said. "She told me if I kept him then we would get a divorce."

Attempts to reach the hospital for comment weren't immediately successful. The baby's mother, Ruzan Badalyan, told ABC News that she did have a child with Down syndrome and she has left her husband, who has the child, but she declined to elaborate.

Forrest, who's from Auckland, New Zealand, said he was completely unaware of the hospital practices in Armenia when it came to children.

"What happens when a baby like this is born here, they will tell you that you don’t have to keep them," he said. "My wife had already decided, so all of this was done behind my back."
Despite his wife's warnings, Forrest said he never had a doubt in his mind that he would hold onto his son.

One week after his birth, Leo's mom filed for divorce.

"It's not what I want," Forrest said. "I didn’t even have a chance to speak with her in privately about it."

Forrest, who works as a freelance business contractor, has plans for he and Leo to move to his native country of New Zealand where he said they'll receive support from loved ones.

In the meantime, he's enlisted for some help on his GoFundMe page titled "Bring Leo Home."

"This really came out of the blue for me," he said. "I don’t have a lot, I have very little in fact. The goal is to raise enough for a year so I can get a part-time job so Leo doesn't have to be in daycare and I can help care for him. He's lost a lot in two weeks. It'd be different if he had his mommy."

Forrest has recently been working with disability awareness groups to share his story in the hopes that parents will become better educated on children with special needs.

"After what I've been through with Leo, I'm not going to sit back and watch babies be sent to orphanages," he said. "As a child with Down syndrome, that becomes somewhat of a label. If we can get around this label, we’ll see that they’re normal. They’re a little different from us, but they’re still normal.

"They all have niches and I want to work hard to find out where Leo's special. This little guy is great."

Musso
02-13-2015, 10:38 AM
The mother's side of the story is very different. (you didn't post article of that).

What I'm more alarmed about is what the hell is this guy from New Zealand doing in Armenia, messing everything up. And his prostitute wife should be ashamed of herself.

gültekin
02-13-2015, 10:46 AM
The mother's side of the story is very different. (you didn't post article of that).

What I'm more alarmed about is what the hell is this guy from New Zealand doing in Armenia, messing everything up. And his prostitute wife should be ashamed of herself.

the point is
When a child in Armenia is born with Down syndrome parents can choose whether to keep the baby or place it for adoption

seems that is not the only event., in that case that happend to N.Z. dad and his poor baby

Musso
02-13-2015, 10:52 AM
the point is
seems that is not the only event., in that case that happend to N.Z. dad and his poor baby

In Armenia, there is no infrastructure for a Downs child to have a normal life. They can't go to school, they can't get a normal job, that is why the mother wanted that the child go and grow up in New Zealand. But honestly, I could care less about that prostitute's family may they all go to hell. And that New Zealand guy should go stick his nose in another place, go to your own country and impregnate women and start judging society.

gültekin
02-13-2015, 11:04 AM
In Armenia, there is no infrastructure for a Downs child to have a normal life. They can't go to school, they can't get a normal job, that is why the mother wanted that the child go and grow up in New Zealand. But honestly, I could care less about that prostitute's family may they all go to hell. And that New Zealand guy should go stick his nose in another place, go to your own country and impregnate women and start judging society.
prostitute? i don't know about that, but they are married, armenian woman is his wife. why should he that do? do you mean Armenians are racist toward whites ?

wvwvw
02-13-2015, 11:06 AM
I hate to say this but I don't think I could handle a child with Dawn's syndrom. I would probably have done the same. (give it to an institution)

Musso
02-13-2015, 11:07 AM
prostitute? i don't know about that, but they are married, armenian woman is his wife. why should he that do? do you mean Armenians are racist toward whites ?

I researched her family, she was a typical prostitute, so her behavior was expected. I think all three should be deported from the country.

How can I be racist against my own skin color? That being said, I am against foreigners that come to Armenia, impregnate a prostitute, then start judging our society. Such people should know they are guests and respect the country that lets them in.

Musso
02-13-2015, 11:08 AM
I hate to say this but I don't think I could handle a child with Dawn's syndrom. I would probably have done the same. (give it for adoption)

Armenia is not the only place where parents give mentally disabled children to orphanage or special care place. The prostitute mother of this child however said she wanted child to go to New Zealand to grow up.

gültekin
02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Such people should know they are guests and respect the country that lets them in.
lol he will just care about his own baby

Musso
02-13-2015, 11:12 AM
lol he will just care about his own baby

He should get out of Armenia and stop judging a culture and society he doesn't know. How would you like if some clueless Western European or American comes to Turkey, impregnates a Turkish woman, than starts judging TUrks and Turkey to the whole world?

gültekin
02-13-2015, 11:28 AM
He should get out of Armenia and stop judging a culture and society he doesn't know.
? huh, so simply putting poor baby's up, just because of a disease which he is not responsible for that,.. is a culture in Armenia?
of course we hear also from time to time such events here, but they are psychopaths

How would you like if some clueless Western European or American comes to Turkey, impregnates a Turkish woman, than starts judging TUrks and Turkey to the whole world?
they are married
never heard, our laws are different, family structure is very important , childrens are holly, and any one get off pissed if some ones do such things to babys.. so such things are not belong to our culture and society

Musso
02-13-2015, 11:33 AM
? huh, so putting poor baby's up just because of a disease which he is not responsible for that,.. is a culture in Armenia?
of course we hear also from time to time such events here, but they are psychopaths

they are married
never heard, our laws are different, family structure is very important , childrens are holly, and any one get off pissed if some do such things to babys.. so such things are not belong to our culture and society

No, that guy doesn't understand that Armenia doesn't have yet the infrastructure to properly integrate mentally ill people in its society. Same goes for many post-Soviet countries. He also doesn't understand that family matters are not to be shared with whole world. She should keep his mouth shut and not complain like a woman. He should act like a man, but he is acting like a women, by crying to the whole world.

The prostitute wife wanted the child to grow up in New Zealand, not abandon him. But it happens that some parents do abandon because they can't take care. It happens in every country and it is sad.

Including in Turkey:
Much of the abuse took place in orphanages and rehabilitation centers for children with developmental or intellectual disabilities where investigators saw emaciated and neglected children, many of whom exhibited behavioral problems that were probably the result of their mistreatment rather than any pre-existing illness, Rosenthal said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/world/europe/27iht-turkey.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

gültekin
02-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Including in Turkey:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/world/europe/27iht-turkey.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

of course we hear also from time to time such events here, but they are psychopaths, and any one get pissed off if some one do such things to babys.

Instinct
02-13-2015, 11:17 PM
I think parents are responsible to look after their babies. The best option is getting help from the government or social help foundations if parents can't effort the expenses but it shouldn't be an excuse to leave children if he/she has down syndrome.

By the way, down syndrome is not even illness!