PDA

View Full Version : Daughters of Jihad: The German Women of Islamic State

European Knight
02-15-2015, 02:04 PM
http://cdn4.spiegel.de/images/image-808147-breitwandaufmacher-vpnt.jpg

Much is known about men leaving Germany to take up arms on behalf of Islamic State. Less has been reported about the flocks of women traveling to Syria to join the jihad. Experts view them as a growing terrorist threat.

Fatma B.'s path to jihad began where the Jews of Augsburg used to live. The southern German city's Bismarckviertel, not far from the historical city center, was once home to a thriving Jewish community -- before they were driven out by the Nazis.

The late 19th-century buildings where they lived are still there, their facades having been carefully renovated, but the apartments within are no longer inhabited by the bourgeoisie. Compact and mid-sized cars now line the streets. It has become a popular neighborhood for students and young families.

Fatma B. lived here as well. A doe-eyed 17-year-old with black hair, she resided here with her parents and three siblings in a fourth-floor apartment of a newer building, complete with a steel balcony hanging over the street. The family's shoes are arranged neatly by size outside the apartment's front door and the staircase is filled with the odor of pork roast emanating from below. Fatma's father, Hamdi B., opens the door. "What do you want? She's gone," he says gruffly.

His hair carefully combed, he tips his head to the side. It's not hard to imagine 48-year-old Hamdi B. as a friendly, even cheerful, man. But now his eyes are full of nothing but sadness. "She is gone," he repeats. The police already visited the family home to ask him about Fatma's disappearance and he is scheduled to appear in court soon as a witness. "I have said everything there is to say," Hamdi B. insists, as though that could protect him from additional questions.

100 German Women in the War Zone

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/a-wave-of-women-are-leaving-germany-to-join-islamic-state-a-1017571.html

Jarla87
02-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Not sure to what degree I should believe the Story about the sad parents. I talked to enough muslims who justified terrorist attacs and bombings against infidels and strongly hold the view that suicide bombers and other jihadists who lost their lives are "Martyrs". From this side it should make them proud to have a "Martyr"-daughter, who maybe ended up in "Paradise" (infact, Hell).

Grenzland
02-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Fatma, Hamdi...

So typical German names... :rolleyes:

Itarildë
02-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Fatma, Hamdi...

So typical German names... :rolleyes:

Was thinking the same.

Jarla87
02-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Yes but according to the logic of our media and politics of the German Unity-Party CDUCSUSPDGRÜNEDIELINKEFDPAFD they are German, because they have a German Passport. It`s as simple as that.
:speechless-smiley-0

Petros Houhoulis
02-17-2015, 02:24 AM
...the staircase is filled with the odor of pork roast emanating from below...

Mmmm... Tasty!

Shepherd
02-17-2015, 02:28 AM
lol German

Shepherd
02-17-2015, 02:29 AM
those darn Germans and their Islamism

Ballist
02-17-2015, 02:49 AM
We don't know if she is German by blood, or perhaps she is an immigrant. The latter is more possible.

zhaoyun
02-17-2015, 03:09 AM
They're probably the children of ME immigrants in Germany. I'd be surprised if they were actually ethnic German.

Musso
02-17-2015, 03:10 AM
I would support if passports listed people's ethnicity. So you would be a German citizen, but ethnic Arab for example.